The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old March 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM
TheLadyHum
Unhatched Egg

Hi all,

So I'm an aspiring blogger and I've written a post about real animals/plants that look like they could be Pokémon but haven't been used by Game Freak (yet).

I've written about three but I'm looking for more ideas for future posts, and I thought I'd use this community which is always so helpful and friendly =D .

In case you want to check it out, it's here: http://memeticdrifting.wordpress.com...pokemon-part-1/

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for real animals that are already Pokémon (e.g. Squirtle / Turtle or Wooper / Axolotl), but real organisms which actually look like they've come straight outta the Pokéverse! Nature has some pretty weird things out there and I'd love to learn more about them. Pictures or names of the critter would be great - I'd be happy to credit people who come up with ideas.

Thanks so much, I look forward to seeing your ideas, and if you have feedback on the blogpost, please let me know also so I can improve!!

Hum

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan)

---

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan again!)
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
This funny looking bird I have always found quite amusing and looks like it could have been a pokemon.

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
I present to you, the Bilby. A name I would suggest for a Bilby-based pokémon is Bandyte

Spoiler:

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 18th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Reminds me of Pelliper CliveKooper haha!
Well, this one would make a fierce Pokemon. (The image is quiet large) ;P

Spoiler:

Old March 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
I don't have the picture on me, but I once witnessed a mouse been coloured yellow, red dots on it's cheeks and nick-named Pikamou.

BTW, all the ink came of with a quick spray of water.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 20th, 2013, 05:14 AM
TheLadyHum
Unhatched Egg

Oooh, some cool thoughts here. I've just released my part 2 here: http://memeticdrifting.wordpress.com...okemon-part-2/ but I'm definitely thinking about new ideas for part 3 and 4

Anyone know what the wading bird is that CliveKooper suggested? I actually really like it but I can't write about it unless I know what it is.

EG_kangaroo: This is awesome - is it from Australia by any chance? (just looking at your display picture!) Thanks for providing the species name, picture and suggested name!

Trainer_Altair, this is a Tasmanian Devil (which the cartoon character Taz is supposed to be based on!), and they are pretty fierce little things!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan)

---

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan again!)
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
OreoMaster

TheLadyHum,

The bird CliveKooper suggested is called Shoebill. It's habitat is mainly Sudan. You can find lots of info in Wikipedia. It could be a Flying/Water or Flying/Normal or Flying/Ground(as they love muddy swamps).

The Bilby is a marsupial and it lives in Australia. Very cute animal :3
It could be a Normal type.

Well some animals that I like and I would find interesting as Pokemon would be :

1. Koalas

Could be Normal type or even a Grass type as they are herbivores and are strongly related to trees. Normal/Grass would be best.
They could have the ability Immunity as they eat toxic eucalyptus leaves and they are just fine.

Stats :
75 HP
110 Attack
90 Defense
75 Sp. Attack
105 Sp.Def
70 Speed

2. Blobfish.
Those things are absolutely great! They could be among the 'pink blobs' since its a literally a pink blob.

Stats :
130 HP (It looks bulky and something has to make up for the ugly stats below)
5 Attack (No muscle at all)
5 Defense (no muscles, light and soft bones, very jellyish, soft body)
60 Sp. Att
80 Sp. Def
30 Speed

Looks like an inferior version of Chansey.
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Pandas and Red Pandas..!
Similar names, very different animals, neither of them are already Pokemon, and both would probably make good Pokemon.

For reference:

Panda (You already know what this looks like):
Spoiler:

Red Panda:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
This funny looking bird I have always found quite amusing and looks like it could have been a pokemon.

Woah... That looks incredibly similar to a Loftwing from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:

Old April 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
ShadowLugia111
Unhatched Egg

One word: Cockatiel. A cockatiel is a kind of bird in the cockatoo family.

Last edited by ShadowLugia111; April 7th, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Image woudn't work.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links