The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I didn't even know what a shiny is until after I killed the red Gyarados, I was really noobish back then & thought that it had rabies or something & I have to kill it because it's a threat.

The only real shiny I caught was an Ursaring, I was grinding for days at Mt. Silver & suddenly found it, luckily I was on an emulator so I saved state just in case, I caught it easily since nearly all my team was over-leveled but it was boxed since then.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
I never got a shiny in GSC aside from Red Gyarados and Igglybuff from the Odd Egg in Crystal. I do love shiny Pokemon, yes. :3 Would have been great to have a shiny Umbreon in gen II.

Play the game to change the game
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
i had just entered victory road, just moved some boulders. a greeny/red golbat appeared. first time I've ever seen a random shiny. checked my pokeballs, only had my masterball. made me sad. but ohwell. needed that thing for ho-oh. now seeing red gyarados was one thing. i had caught him. but a golbat?! i had no idea..
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
The amount of Shiny Pokémon I've owned (excluding the Gyarados) can be counted on one hand- and none of them were found in G/S/C.

Even with the Odd Egg in Crystal, no joy. And I emulated Crystal! I could've cheated to make it 100% likely, and everything! :(

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Red Gyarados is the only shiny I ever caught, too. I didn't even know what a shiny was until Gen IV......
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Jetfire
Courage doesn't always roar.

Nature: Brave
I've given up on shinies since Crystal .. I'll never forget when that shiny noctowl didn't want to get caught.

-__-.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
kingfor6
Pkmn Trainer SS Goku

Nature: Careful
In my Gold version, aside from Gyrados, I caught a shiny zubat outside of union cave at route 32. The sight itself was hilarious. I also caught a Golden Magikarp. Yes! Golden! I wanted to evolve the magikarp assuming it would evolve into a red gyrados and breed assuming I would get more golden magikarp but never got to trying it. Other than that, I cant remember any more for Gold.
In emerald version, I caught a green Golbat in victory road. I may have also caught a shiny mareep at the safari zone if I remember correctly.
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Aside from Gyarados I've caught a Shiny Donphan, Weedle, and Oddish, and I've hatched a Shiny Elekid and a Shiny Magby from the ??? Egg in Crystal. Though out of all of them I only have the Shiny Elekid and the Shiny Magby now. One of them is currently stored in Pokemon Stadium 2 and the other one is on a rom on my phone.
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:27 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
I had a shiny Golbat that I found on Victory Road. I didn't know that shiny Pokemon were ridiculously rare and I knocked it out on accident when I encountered it. Thinking it was like a Legendary Pokemon, I reloaded my last save and went back to look for it in the same area....and I encountered it again....and proceeded to knock it out a second time. I found it a third time and finally caught.

Haven't seen a shiny since then. Guess fortune is no longer shining on me. :P
like this guy, i found a shiny golbat on victory road. but i only had a masterball so i didn't even bother with it and ran. besides that, I've found a shiny raticate. but this was on an emulator.

Sponsored Links