Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon
Good Idea 13 81.25%
Bad Idea 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
do you think that having a Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon in a future game is a good idea or a bad idea? do you want to see a Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon? why or why not?
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
It's bound to happen. It would resist most if not all types with that kind of combination.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Aww man, immune to dragon eh? I think it would be a great idea. Fairy dragons have always been cool to me.
Denny Hamlin. ugh so late
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Adventure
Seer of Light

Nature: Naive
I don't know the type charts by heart these days :D but if anything, I think the Dragonair family should be changed into Dragon/Fairy. Compared to the dragons of the other generations, they look a lot more fairy-like and less vicious. It would suit them well.

But a Dunsparce evolution being Dragon/Fairy would be so cool too.

HOMESTUCK

Rose Lalonde

paired to abnegation

mod of Pokémon General
& Roleplay Corner

Homestuck Fanclub

Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I have no qualms about the typing combos. Show me the design and then we'll talk haha.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Fairy nullifying Dragon weakness would be extremely useful.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
They've made numerous other type combinations that you wouldn't think would go together, so I don't see why we shouldn't have a Dragon/Fairy type at some point. It might seem a little overpowered at first with 8 resistances/immunities, but then you look at Pokemon like Magnemite who have 13, and it doesn't seem so bad.

Whether I'd use one or not I don't know, but having the option at some point would be nice.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

Nature: Jolly
A Fairy/Dragon would be cool. I mean, we already have a Dark/Psychic in X and Y which is the same thing in terms of type synergy. Plus, they could make some great designs with a Fairy/Dragon typing.
Ermahgerd! I evolved!
My Friend Code: 4742-6506-2434
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
Sure, it would still be weak to Ice moves along with Steel and Poison moves so it won't be invincible now.

Gotta love the high life.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

It sounds like quite an awesome combination, but competitive-wise, it would be a bad idea. If dragon is its primary type and fairy is its second, then it would be super-effective to ice, dragon, fairy, poison, and steel—a total of five weaknesses. If you ask me, that's a lot! If fairy is its main type, though, and dragon is its secondary, it would pretty much have the same weaknesses, but the only difference is that it'd have an immunity over dragon-types. d: If a dragon- and fairy-type Pokémon was ever introduced, then I'm not totally sure if I'll be using it. If it does have good stats though, then I may consider it. Haha.
for all distractions.

Last edited by Peitharchia; October 3rd, 2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:50 AM
CalienteFire

Nature: Relaxed
I don't even understand why Nintendo made a Fairy type anyway, or what it really is or means.. So, no it's not a good idea...

✰ Goldfins ✰
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Triforce

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce
I don't see any problem with it. It would be pretty cool to see actually
Courage
Wisdom
Power

~Triforce~

3DS Code: 2766 9107 9652
Quick Reply