• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
It worked like a charm, thanks alot ash493! Also, ptshady, if you want you could edit the evolutions in the game?

xRealMisakiTakahashi

Pokemon Rulez!!!
Years
I love this game, amazing graphics, and really fun to play with. So far I got no problems with this hack for myself. I feel like you should have won the hack of the year award, and got 1st place instead of second place!!!

Dennisaur

Poke Master, For real!
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
I've tried searching but I cant find any answers!!!

I decided to keep training my pokemon after the teamsteam cutscene and when i try to return to fight those it's it has the same people from the cutscene standing around. I tried putting on the uniform, but nothing happens , I can't talk to anyone and it sucks!!! Help me!!! Now I can't figt the 8th gym leaddduhh

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I love this game, amazing graphics, and really fun to play with. So far I got no problems with this hack for myself. I feel like you should have won the hack of the year award, and got 1st place instead of second place!!!
My friend... if you had played the Life of Guardians you would have known that unfortunately LP had no chance to win ;)
But it may win the next year ;)

I decided to keep training my pokemon after the teamsteam cutscene and when i try to return to fight those it's it has the same people from the cutscene standing around. I tried putting on the uniform, but nothing happens , I can't talk to anyone and it sucks!!! Help me!!! Now I can't figt the 8th gym leaddduhh
I have no idea what the problem is so can you explain it again preferably with screenshots?

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
My PokeMarts don't sell pokeballs... Only ultra balls.. Help

Edit: Also, I messed up the event with the guy who's meant to give you the Dratini and I accidentally said no, am I able to re-activate the event?

Last edited:
Years
My PokeMarts don't sell pokeballs... Only ultra balls.. Help

Edit: Also, I messed up the event with the guy who's meant to give you the Dratini and I accidentally said no, am I able to re-activate the event?

Be careful with those guys who give you free pokes because there ard also other NPC who will not ask you again like that Dratini NPC.

Years
Um, this game isn't working. I tried multiple things too, like a straight GBA file from some website.
When I mount the IPS file to Ruby, then turn on the VBA, all I get is a white screen.
So, I thought I just had to change the save type to 128, and that didn't even work.

I really want to play this game, is there any way I can get this game to work? Did I download the wrong beta? =(

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Deino Help

Hello Pokecommunity!

I seems I unwittingly missed my chance at a Dieno in Pokemon Light Platinum. Does anyone know how I might go about using some sort of gameshark code to make up for this mistake, or am I basically up a creek?

Thanks

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
boopin, I think you have got a version 1.1 rom, to fix this,
First download a clean Pokemon Ruby, Second Download Lunar IPS patcher. Third download Pokemon Light Platinum ips file. Fourth patch the original ruby file with the
ips file. That should be it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Okay I have like a ton of questions, firstly when I run Pokemon light platinum do I insert the ruby rom into the vba? or light platinum?
Than if I insert the Ruby rom into the VBA how do I get it not to have a white screen?
Third How do I get the whole game in English, because I have used an English IPS patcher and it made like some of the game English while the rest was in Spanish.
Also could someone put like a screen shot of what their folder of Pokemon light platinum looks like (if possible)
Last but probably one of the questions I really want to know is when your pokemon learn new moves is it based off the third generations levels or the fifth generation? (kind of confusing but if I am asked ill try and simplify)

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
hey wesley did you make the map tiles like trees buildings and others by your own or you brought them from another game and by the way this the most epic hack I've ever played keep up the good work and wish me good luck on my hack and thnx :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay I have like a ton of questions, firstly when I run Pokemon light platinum do I insert the ruby rom into the vba? or light platinum?
Than if I insert the Ruby rom into the VBA how do I get it not to have a white screen?
Third How do I get the whole game in English, because I have used an English IPS patcher and it made like some of the game English while the rest was in Spanish.
Also could someone put like a screen shot of what their folder of Pokemon light platinum looks like (if possible)
Last but probably one of the questions I really want to know is when your pokemon learn new moves is it based off the third generations levels or the fifth generation? (kind of confusing but if I am asked ill try and simplify)
I'm not gonna answer anything regarding white screen if you are lazy to search in this thread =)
Movesets are pretty much random, they mostly follow 3rd gen, though.

hey wesley did you make the map tiles like trees buildings and others by your own or you brought them from another game and by the way this the most epic hack I've ever played keep up the good work and wish me good luck on my hack and thnx :D
Everything has been made by Wes himself ;)

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
A bug from this hack that make me quite angry is the bug at Mt.Draken after Lauren league, it makes me can't enter Mt.Draken so I can't capture Trio Bird (although I met all other legends). What a terrible thing. =="

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Edit: I've tried twice now, and I can't get the hack working. It just gives me a grey screen. I've patched a few other ROMS, and they've worked perfectly, so I can assume that the patching isn't the problem. I'm guessing the English version either has a bug, or that the Ruby ROM I'm using isn't up-to-par. I've only patched FireRed ROMs, so my Ruby ROM could very well be the problem. I see that some other people have has this problem, but I haven't found a fix to it yet. Thanks for any help. :)

I'm looking forward to playing this hack. It looks really nice. Thanks for all the effort you put into this. I feel like I'm really going to enjoy it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back