• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
So like i decided to buy Symphonia, but the PS2 version.
Mainly I dont own a GC Controller, and I dont have a memory card, and Im more of a Playstation Player than I am with a Nintendo player, I feel more comfortable with a PS1/PS2/PS3 controller to play rpgs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.

ソラ

Years
Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.
Lagging should be the last of my worries. Now if it wont work. THEN I'll complain. Like i said Im more of a PS2 gamer, than i am a Nintendo gamer, I wouldnt dislike the game for just lagging, specially for an RPG I get catched on with story, and gameplay.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
He's played Abyss. That has the same lag rate as Symphonia did, I find, and since he hasn't played the GCN version, he won't know what he's missing. :P

Omg that Repede is adorable. ;_; I had no idea they even made that! They should make a puppy!Repede too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Really? When I heard you talk about the lag before, it sounded like it was worse than Abyss' Erica. xD I'm never listening to you again.

Aaaaanyways, I'm still standing by my 'Tales of Symphonia needs to be remade' or 'Prequel' stuff. (b'')b

A puppy Repede would be adorable, despite the fact that I never played the game in full. o3o

Cherrim

Years
Well it might have been worse simply because it was their first attempt at a PS2 game, but I imagine it was so bad mainly because I remember how instantaneous the load times were in the GCN. :<

Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>

ソラ

Years
Well I did order the game last night it should be shipped out tonight. I cannot wait~
Yes I did play Abyss. Infact, I beat it ~ and own it, and loves it :D
I'm sure imma love Symphonia from all the rumors I heard from certain people (i.e. Tara; And one other friend) :o I probably would love it :o I still need to finish Xillia I beat Jude's story, I'm on Milla's story right now Just taking my time haha.

Cherrim

Years
How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>
yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:

(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD

ソラ

Years
How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)

I really really like Xillia, I love the gameplay and battle system, and the story.
Alot of the system in this game is really cool. But still it isnt my favorite Tales game, Its behind Graces and Abyss for me. My Favorite is Graces. But Abyss beat Graces by it's story imo. But Abyss will always be near the top of my top 5 (when i get a top 5 hahaha), Symphonia is gonna be my 4th tales game I own. Gonna still get the 3D version of Abyss haha I want to play Abyss when im like in a car, and be like "Yus, im playing abyss...in the car", or on a plane, or in my room in bed idk.

Also alot of people complained about ToX, that there isnt any Cameo battles. But that doesnt really piss me off, mainly I can careless with Cameo battles. If you want a cameo battle. dress them up in a Tales Outfit and fight them in arena, then there is your cameo battle >.> Also some people complain that it barely has any ingame costume, the costumes are there, just buy them, i know some people can't but it just a side thing to play dress up. I think there is a few more things people didnt like, say like it was too short, or it doesnt feel complete. It has a good amount of side events, titles to earn, trophies to get, it has a lot of content in this game, that it doesnt need a director's cut to make. I personally think its a good enough game to not get a enhance port, or a director cut, I know it isnt going on Xbox one of the Namco team said it via twitter, and Xbox failed hard in Japan. Also in Japan every game they ported to the Ps3 got a better outcome in sells. So basically if they make a updated version they may slap "Director's cut" and put it on PS3 like in Destiny for Ps2.

From the recent games of the battle system, and i played Abyss's battle system, it was easy to get used to, and it didnt bother me, so Symphonia's system I learn quickly and go with the flow and learn then I'll be fine.

yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:

(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD

What I said above to Erica. I'mma drop everything even ToX to play Symphonia tho, so I can beat it, and just take my time with it. I may have to look at youtube vids for the english version to get the story, since this version is in Japanese, But I'll be okay as long as I understand the characters, and know how to use the battle system, I'm sure I'mma fall for this game like I did with the others~.

That Trailer is epic btw :o After I beat ToS, Imma go download the Ova >:3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Ahh! Crisis! I found a badass Zelos fan stamp! Should it replace Arche on my avatar? I love them both! What about Jade? I couldn't find a stamp of him.

ソラ

Years
All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!

LOL oh I think i know who you are talking about, Nah. Im sure he is bad ass :o.

Does the OVA follow the game or is it like a thing after the game or something?

Cherrim

Years
The OVA sort of summarizes the game. It's pretty much taken directly from the game. But it's pretty, so it's worth watching.

I hadn't heard there's a third part to it though. :O I'm actually not even sure I'm caught up on Tethe'alla. @_@

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The OVA "follows" the game. It's quite different from the game though, but if you're open-minded about it you can enjoy it just as much as the game itself (and hell... the characters are animated, which is why I really enjoy the OVA, on top of other things such as the music). The manga is closer to the game itself, but it still have some differences for the same reason (lack of space). However, both of them do have some aspects that weren't really delved upon in the game, such as Zelos and Regal's past. The Manga delves more into Zelos, and Regal has his own episode to himself really in the OVA.

Basically, the game obviously tops all, but there are aspects of the Manga and OVA that people can argue is better than the Game. (There are also the drama CDs, but I never listened to them woe is i).

or just go with what Erica said, because that's basically what I said but in much simpler terms. xD

... You haven't Erica? Where have you been. xD The third part is releasing next month, and I have a feeling that these days two episodes are going to be amazing. <3 If you haven't seen about ten second of Mithos, I don't think you're caught up in Tethe'alla yet. :P

Cherrim

Years
I only saw two episodes of Tethe'alla. I'm... definitely behind. xD; I'll have to hurry up and download it when I get back to school on Monday. @_@

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x

ソラ

Years
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x

It could be that they want to have it on a date where nothing too big is selling so it can get some sells?

Also My ToS is in my town out for delivery. I cannot wait >.<. I love how Play-asia is fast

EDIT: I got Symphonia. I LOVE IT so far haha.
ALSO, Tales of Graces: f English videos are up, I cant hear their voices and the person is explaining the battle system and what not. so here it is the link. Link -->CLICK HERE FOR TOGF FOOTAGE!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
ok I got ToP cross and NDx and been playing cross alot and I up to getting the flame sword and I just wondering

were do I get everyone best armor and weapons.

how to I get shadow, and pluto

and how do I unlock the pac man hi ogui and that time travling girl hi ogui?

and were do I find the following for cress Mumbane (i know it in treantwood but were in it?) Aifread's quest to start it.

I want to be able to get the gold helm and blue and red line sheild before getting the enteral sword.

Back