• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I just ran into the most interesting glitch in route 2. After I faced CAL in Viridian City, I ran into a WILD TEAM of my party. Same level, and they were shiny, (like mine) and after I beat one of them, it played the "you've K.O'ed the wild PKMN" music, and went on to the next pokemon. I noticed however that they weren't the same stats as mine. Has this happened to anyone else? I think it's a challenge, but it somehow reminds me of the pokemon red glitch (facing a wild Gary and his team). However, when I ran into the next pokemon, it was a normal level 2 pidgey :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I just ran into the most interesting glitch in route 2. After I faced CAL in Viridian City, I ran into a WILD TEAM of my party. Same level, and they were shiny, (like mine) and after I beat one of them, it played the "you've K.O'ed the wild PKMN" music, and went on to the next pokemon. I noticed however that they weren't the same stats as mine. Has this happened to anyone else? I think it's a challenge, but it somehow reminds me of the pokemon red glitch (facing a wild Gary and his team). However, when I ran into the next pokemon, it was a normal level 2 pidgey :/

O_o

Interesting glitch to say the least... I'm going to try recreating it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
Teleport is a known bug. Just don't use it.

As for the Elite Four wall glitch, it is also a known bug but one they thought they addressed in the latest Live Beta. If you aren't using the latest Live Beta, I highly recommend you switch to it. Also, if you aren't using their recommended Visual Boy Advanced emulator, make sure you are using that.

If you are STILL having trouble, you may use this cheat to walk through the wall. It will at least let you continue the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

thanks. im using gameboid so i dont know how to use the cheat on there.. but i have one problem right now. im trying to breed the crunch move on growlithe/arcanine but when i put the level 20 growlithe/arcanine (female) and a level 49 houndour/houndoom (male) with the move crunch.. the old man says : the two don't seem to like each other.. meaning i cant make an egg.. any help? thanks in advance

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

What version of the Hack are you playing on? This was fixed over 2 months ago!
No-one else has reported it recently. That said, if it still happens, I know how to fix it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
What version of the Hack are you playing on? This was fixed over 2 months ago!
No-one else has reported it recently. That said, if it still happens, I know how to fix it.
Ah, well I'm not using the live beta, and I haven't updated it either, so this makes sense. Still, it's a pretty cool glitch :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
thanks. im using gameboid so i dont know how to use the cheat on there.. but i have one problem right now. im trying to breed the crunch move on growlithe/arcanine but when i put the level 20 growlithe/arcanine (female) and a level 49 houndour/houndoom (male) with the move crunch.. the old man says : the two don't seem to like each other.. meaning i cant make an egg.. any help? thanks in advance

I'm using Gameboid too. To enter a new cheat press the menu button, while in game. Tap "cheats". Once you're in the cheats menu, press the menu button again, then tap "new cheat"

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
ok, so I'm wondering, what is in the Undersea Cavern aside from the Type Dojo? There are so many paths that it's a huge pain to save and go back to the start on a different path. Just wondering so I know what to expect in there

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
guys someone please help me gettin the legendary birds and rayquaza, at least pm me, i really wish to catch em, ty

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey, I just want to put forward a quick question.
We (the LC Team) have decided upon adding the 4th Gen attacks (and ONLY the attacks - no Pokémon, no items etc) to LC to help balance out the Physical/Special Split.
Opinions?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018

I also play on the Gameboid... there is a Cheat menu button in the main menu. Just click that and add the cheat (one line at a time). As for your breeding problem, I have no idea.

Anyway, I have a minor bug (maybe it was intentional) to report... the Odd Egg does not seem to have an increased chance at a Shiny Pokemon, and the hatched Pokemon does not have Dizzy Punch (which I believe they all have in the original Crystal). Don't know if its known or unknown or if it was intentional or unintentional, I'm just reporting. :)

We (the LC Team) have decided upon adding the 4th Gen attacks (and ONLY the attacks - no Pokémon, no items etc) to LC to help balance out the Physical/Special Split.
Opinions?

HELL TO THE YES. I LOVE YOU.

My Scyther is DYING for some X-Scissor love. :) Which moves are you adding exactly?

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
HELL TO THE YES. I LOVE YOU.

Why thank you. :P

My Scyther is DYING for some X-Scissor love. :) Which moves are you adding exactly?

As many as we can, if not all of them. The few we may leave out are the ones which will require ASM to implement. I'm referring to moves like Roost and Gravity, as opposed to most other moves. I managed to create MOST (but not all) of the moves on the 649 Patch without any ASM at all.

Years
Opinions?

I've never played much the 4th gen games, but there are some cool moves in these so I'd be fine with that :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Opinions?

Would be a good idea though i'd rather the current movepools of the pokemon were sorted out beforehand or at the same time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Why thank you. :P

As many as we can, if not all of them. The few we may leave out are the ones which will require ASM to implement. I'm referring to moves like Roost and Gravity, as opposed to most other moves. I managed to create MOST (but not all) of the moves on the 649 Patch without any ASM at all.

Fair enough. Although I don't think it would take away TOO much from Roost to simply make it a Recover clone and ignore the grounding effect that very rarely comes up.

How will these moves been learned? Will they be introduced as Move Tutors or will you play around with Pokemon Level Up Moves to introduce them? That's the other side of this pie...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Would be a good idea though i'd rather the current movepools of the pokemon were sorted out beforehand or at the same time.

That's the point of bringing in the 4th gen moves. It's to balance the attacks list so that the movepools work for each Pokémon.

Fair enough. Although I don't think it would take away TOO much from Roost to simply make it a Recover clone and ignore the grounding effect that very rarely comes up.

How will these moves been learned? Will they be introduced as Move Tutors or will you play around with Pokemon Level Up Moves to introduce them? That's the other side of this pie...

Well, I COULD do Roost's effect fully, grounding effect included, without too much hassle, but it happens to be a relatively simple one to accomplish unlike Gravity for example which is a nasty piece of work to add to the game from my side.

We would probably change the movesets to include/remove attacks which are no longer applicable to Pokémon. We may even just use Gen 4's movesets. We may put a couple of them in for move tutors, we may not. It all depends on how much we can get to work and how quickly.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Well, I COULD do Roost's effect fully, grounding effect included, without too much hassle, but it happens to be a relatively simple one to accomplish unlike Gravity for example which is a nasty piece of work to add to the game from my side.

We would probably change the movesets to include/remove attacks which are no longer applicable to Pokémon. We may even just use Gen 4's movesets. We may put a couple of them in for move tutors, we may not. It all depends on how much we can get to work and how quickly.

Oh, sounds spiffy. Cause personally, I like Roost a lot since it gives reliable recovery to some Pokemon who really need it. I don't mean to sound pushy, just asking, how long do you think such additions could take? When I do my playthrough of Liquid Crystal on Youtube it would be really awesome if these moves were in-game so I could show them off to my 27k subs. :P

Probably using a Pokemon's Gen 4 learnset would be easiest. However, moves like Roost and X-Scissor which are rare on a learnset and are given as TMs in Gen 4 would need Move Tutors or modified learnsets, IMO.

Another thing... will you be changing moves that changed in Gen IV? There is very few I can think of on the top of my head but the obvious example is Crunch. In Gen III, Crunch had a chance to lower Sp. Def since it was a Special move. In Gen IV it was changed to lower Def instead. Liquid Crystal has it as a physical move that can lower Sp. Def.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
So ive beaten red and talked to the man with red sticky hair and he talked about an island but i cant find how to get to it >.< help me please

Back