• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like for Z to be similar to XY but with story elements and emotions shown similar to those in OrAs. The main differences story wise would be that Lysander has both Xerneas and Yvetal, being the first since Cyrus to have two legends in his grasp. With Lysander planning to control who lives and who dies at will. Xerneas detecting the disturbance emerges from the ground Giratina style but with green light around it like Rayquaza did in Emerald. It then proceeds to Mega evolve /Primal revert. The energy from it's transformation makes the Ultimate weapon run haywire and send beams pouring up into space. Zygarde then unleashes the energy of the Earth to destroy the beams. The player is tasked with freeing the legends only to have Lysander stop the player. After the player and Zygarde stop the ultimate weapon, free the legends, and stop Lysander Zygarde turns it's eyes on the main character and co. It shrieks and sends the player and his friends flying into the left overs of the weapon. It then vanishes where it came from. The Kalos region then proceeds to experience seismic activity. When the player and co exits their Halocaster's ring with Diantha telling them that something horrible is happening. The camera zooms to the Southeast you see Yvetal flying towards Lumiose which is covered in growth. Making it to Lumiose you see the legends fighting it out. Zygarde doesn't try to stop them, instead aiding them as it could care less about the human population in the city, being furious at the humans' actions which have not changed in 3000 years. The player is tasked by Diantha to get Zygarde in order to stop the other two. The player approaches Zygarde and is overwhelmed by millennia worth of images. Among them the player sees pictures from the previous games, Team Rocket killing Cubone's mother, their taking of Slowpoke tails. As well as the pollution of Kanto. The next games are those of Team Magma and Aqua summoning the legends and the battle that occurred between the Primal legendaries but in an Emerald style fashion with Rayquaza stopping them. The next image is that of Cyrus capturing and hurting the lake Trio and of Team Galactic wanting to get Heatran so that they could make a profit (which was the post game of Pt). The final images are those of Ghetsis mistreating the boy who was one with nature and Pokémon and the freezing of the Pokémon world. The player at this moment realizes that that last image isn't in the past, but is going on at the same time (since XY and a old style Third version would occur at the same time). The player understanding why Zygarde is mad sends out his/her Pokémon and has them reason with the legend. Finally Zygarde reverts backs to it's normal form and attacks the player to test him/her. After capturing the legendary Zygarde comes out of it's Pokeball and stops Xerneas and Yvetal like Mega Rayquaza did 3000 years ago. Before leaving Zygarde restores the land to the way it was, leaving the humans to fix their artificial stuff (which will be fixed by the time you come back from the league). And that's about my main change to the plot.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I would like for Z to be similar to XY but with story elements and emotions shown similar to those in OrAs. The main differences story wise would be that Lysander has both Xerneas and Yvetal, being the first since Cyrus to have two legends in his grasp. With Lysander planning to control who lives and who dies at will. Xerneas detecting the disturbance emerges from the ground Giratina style but with green light around it like Rayquaza did in Emerald. It then proceeds to Mega evolve /Primal revert. The energy from it's transformation makes the Ultimate weapon run haywire and send beams pouring up into space. Zygarde then unleashes the energy of the Earth to destroy the beams. The player is tasked with freeing the legends only to have Lysander stop the player. After the player and Zygarde stop the ultimate weapon, free the legends, and stop Lysander Zygarde turns it's eyes on the main character and co. It shrieks and sends the player and his friends flying into the left overs of the weapon. It then vanishes where it came from. The Kalos region then proceeds to experience seismic activity. When the player and co exits their Halocaster's ring with Diantha telling them that something horrible is happening. The camera zooms to the Southeast you see Yvetal flying towards Lumiose which is covered in growth. Making it to Lumiose you see the legends fighting it out. Zygarde doesn't try to stop them, instead aiding them as it could care less about the human population in the city, being furious at the humans' actions which have not changed in 3000 years. The player is tasked by Diantha to get Zygarde in order to stop the other two. The player approaches Zygarde and is overwhelmed by millennia worth of images. Among them the player sees pictures from the previous games, Team Rocket killing Cubone's mother, their taking of Slowpoke tails. As well as the pollution of Kanto. The next games are those of Team Magma and Aqua summoning the legends and the battle that occurred between the Primal legendaries but in an Emerald style fashion with Rayquaza stopping them. The next image is that of Cyrus capturing and hurting the lake Trio and of Team Galactic wanting to get Heatran so that they could make a profit (which was the post game of Pt). The final images are those of Ghetsis mistreating the boy who was one with nature and Pokémon and the freezing of the Pokémon world. The player at this moment realizes that that last image isn't in the past, but is going on at the same time (since XY and a old style Third version would occur at the same time). The player understanding why Zygarde is mad sends out his/her Pokémon and has them reason with the legend. Finally Zygarde reverts backs to it's normal form and attacks the player to test him/her. After capturing the legendary Zygarde comes out of it's Pokeball and stops Xerneas and Yvetal like Mega Rayquaza did 3000 years ago. Before leaving Zygarde restores the land to the way it was, leaving the humans to fix their artificial stuff (which will be fixed by the time you come back from the league). And that's about my main change to the plot.

I have just one problem with this idea, and it's really just me nit-picking: in what looks to me like your post's fifth sentence, you say 'Xerneas' where I'm pretty sure you actually mean 'Zygarde' (you also need to do some general checking of your spelling and grammar, but I'll let you figure that out yourself….) Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing something like what you've outlined here end up being what GameFreak releases…except for the fact that you forgot to tie HeartGold and SoulSilver into your proposal. Everything else looks great, though!

Years
Sorry about that, it was pretty much a Stream of thought post.

I also think I know how they tie in Mega Evolution to Zygarde. The Earth's core in real life produces a lot of energy which manifests as our magnetic field. Now if you recall back to Team Rocket's Lake of Rage plot in the Johto games and about their notes on evolution in FrLg at their Sevii HQ Pokémon evolve when exposed to magnetic waves. Now Mega Evolution likely taps into those waves like normal evolution but temporary. The Power of the core was also brought up in OrAs with the trying to turn the meteor into a Mega item plot. Now for Zygarde. It lives deep in the ground. Also it holds a power which it seems to be accumulating. Now it's special ability is titled 'Land's Wrath', in other words an earthquake. Zygarde likely represents the Earth itself (in a wider scope than Groudon) including all the living and non living things. Zygarde likely represents Geological forces which have an impact on living things and are impacted by living things in turn (like us humans if you want an example that is true in both the games and real life). With life unblancing the geological and ecological forces of the world Zygarde may act. Anyways back to the core, Zygarde likely has the ability to directly draw power from it, perhaps in the form of Natural power. Zygarde may end up with a Primal. If it gets two games then a Primal and a Mega.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Sorry about that, it was pretty much a Stream of thought post.

I also think I know how they tie in Mega Evolution to Zygarde. The Earth's core in real life produces a lot of energy which manifests as our magnetic field. Now if you recall back to Team Rocket's Lake of Rage plot in the Johto games and about their notes on evolution in FrLg at their Sevii HQ Pokémon evolve when exposed to magnetic waves. Now Mega Evolution likely taps into those waves like normal evolution but temporary. The Power of the core was also brought up in OrAs with the trying to turn the meteor into a Mega item plot. Now for Zygarde. It lives deep in the ground. Also it holds a power which it seems to be accumulating. Now it's special ability is titled 'Land's Wrath', in other words an earthquake. Zygarde likely represents the Earth itself (in a wider scope than Groudon) including all the living and non living things. Zygarde likely represents Geological forces which have an impact on living things and are impacted by living things in turn (like us humans if you want an example that is true in both the games and real life). With life unblancing the geological and ecological forces of the world Zygarde may act. Anyways back to the core, Zygarde likely has the ability to directly draw power from it, perhaps in the form of Natural power. Zygarde may end up with a Primal. If it gets two games then a Primal and a Mega.

I think Primal will be Groudon/Kyogre exclusive. Giving Zygarde both a Primal and a Mega doesn't work, because a Primal doesn't use a Mega slot, so the Mega would have to be vastly superior to the Primal to be viable.

Speaking of other legends, they'll probably get their own version of Primal regression in the future, functionally the same but named differently for "lore" reasons.

I'm still disappointed Kalos doesn't have a legendary trio like the birds or the Regis... Whatever they do with Zygarde, it better compensate for it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe primal-forms are exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. Officially, it was Dialga that had gained one at first, so technically, it's available to it as well. Since Palkia is its counterpart, they might have a primal form thought up for it as well. In-game, we'll likely be seeing them in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum remakes, I imagine. It'd be rather intriguing, if you ask me!

Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde do make up a trio, if we think about it. Aside from that, I don't believe we have any, sadly. Though, I wouldn't precisely say that this is a bad thing; although it's nice to have some trio legendary of sorts, the method has been getting slightly repetitive and bland, so it's sort of nice to be seeing them taking a break.

Years
I don't believe primal-forms are exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. Officially, it was Dialga that had gained one at first, so technically, it's available to it as well. Since Palkia is its counterpart, they might have a primal form thought up for it as well. In-game, we'll likely be seeing them in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum remakes, I imagine. It'd be rather intriguing, if you ask me!

Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde do make up a trio, if we think about it. Aside from that, I don't believe we have any, sadly. Though, I wouldn't precisely say that this is a bad thing; although it's nice to have some trio legendary of sorts, the method has been getting slightly repetitive and bland, so it's sort of nice to be seeing them taking a break.
Why do people keep thinking Dark Dialga as it is called in Japanese is the same kind of Primal in English as the two lower member of the weather trio whose forms are called Primal Reversion in Japanese too?

Anyways Zygarde has to be one of those Pokemon that would fit a Primal considering the lore it's Pokedex gives such as gaining a special power if the ecosystem is out of balance. Of course though it could also refer to a Mega Evolution like Rayquaza's. If Zygarde get's a Mega chances are it'll be able to hold items like Rayquaza. Sadly it won't be as strong in terms of BST, and if it's duo ever get Megas it'll be overshadowed.
What if they do go for sequels and give the mascot Megas? Also instead of X2 being the first version it'll be the second version with Y2 coming first to match the mascot (with it being the one that wasn't available in the originals). Mega Yvetal and Mega Xerneas being mascots would be a curveball as it'll leave us wondering about Zygarde. Then they could just keep Zygarde's role and Mega a secret until they wish to reveal it/the games come out/someone else breaks the streetdate/ etc.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Why do people keep thinking Dark Dialga as it is called in Japanese is the same kind of Primal in English as the two lower member of the weather trio whose forms are called Primal Reversion in Japanese too?

Because his English name is 'Primal Dialga;' thanks for pointing that interesting little tidbit out, though! On that note, does anybody think that Generation IV's legendaries will get Primal Reversions once the main Generation IV games' remakes come it as part of Generation VII or VIII?
__________________________________________________________________________________

I think I asked this earlier on in this thread, but how likely do you think it would be for Zygarde to get two Mega Evolutions (one for each of Generation VI's other main legendaries?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe allowing Zygarde to have two mega-evolution forms would hurt in any way; I feel it'd likely be more advantageous.

There are Pokémon out there that have more than one mega-evolution, so this wouldn't be anything new. If Zygarde were to have two, distinct mega-forms—one to act as counterpart for Xerneas and another to Yveltal—it could help putting more emphasis on this Pokémon, and give the feeling of leadership onto it, if you know what I mean.

This is more of a personal preference, but I hope that they don't change its color-scheme too much on its mega-evolution forms. Things like this tend to bother me slightly, unfortunately, as they wind up seeming sort of out-of-place, in a way (mega-evolutions are indeed meant to have structural changes from original forms, but I believe that changing colors as well alongside is a bit too much).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

This is more of a personal preference, but I hope that they don't change its color-scheme too much on its mega-evolution forms. Things like this tend to bother me slightly, unfortunately, as they wind up seeming sort of out-of-place, in a way (mega-evolutions are indeed meant to have structural changes from original forms, but I believe that changing colors as well alongside is a bit too much).

Yeah, seeing a Zygarde with a different color scheme would definitely be really weird unless that new color scheme was just his 'shiny' one, wouldn't it?

Years
Only color I can see Zygarde changing into in it's Mega is Yellow and that's because Yellow fits with Xerneas' Blue and Yvetal's Red much like the lake trio's color scheme or how the Creation Trio have some of those colors (Pink is a shade of Red), and the Tao trio's eyes. I am hoping Zygarde's mega will have blue eyes to fit with it's trio members. The Weather trio all have Yellow/Golden eyes, and the Creation trio all have Red eyes, yet no mascot trio has all Blue eyes (though Green and Blue are/were considered the same color in Japan historically so using the old Japanese word for Blue-Green they do have the same color).

Today I was looking at snake eyes and they sort of reminded me a bit of the design on the Mega stones, so I thought perhaps Mega Zygarde will have snake like eyes with Mega stone S shaped pupils.

Off topic: I think the Creation trio will be the opposite of the Weather trio with the pair having Megas and the third (Giratina) having the Primal (it's wrathful description makes me think it desired similar power to what Groudon and Kyogre wanted. Also wrath is as much a primal instinct as Greed and Envy).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, seeing a Zygarde with a different color scheme would definitely be really weird unless that new color scheme was just his 'shiny' one, wouldn't it?

Yep, definitely; this is one, huge reason as to why I find myself disliking Mega-Charizard X. Although its general appearance does look fierce and intimidating, which, by the way, fits it quite well, its color-scheme looks slightly off (at least in my eyes). In a way, it kind of takes value away from Charizard's shiny form. If it weren't for that, I don't believe I would have had any problem with the Pokémon. Competitively, it's great; I've used it a few times, and it has never ceased to impress.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

Yep, definitely; this is one, huge reason as to why I find myself disliking Mega-Charizard X. Although its general appearance does look fierce and intimidating, which, by the way, fits it quite well, its color-scheme looks slightly off (at least in my eyes). In a way, it kind of takes value away from Charizard's shiny form. If it weren't for that, I don't believe I would have had any problem with the Pokémon. Competitively, it's great; I've used it a few times, and it has never ceased to impress.

For the record, I, personally, love that Mega Charizard X's design was based on normal Charizard's shiny form, but that's just me. Let's see if a Mega Evolution based off of Zygarde's shiny form would fly, though. Here's normal Zygarde…:

718Zygarde.png

…and here's shiny Zygarde:

image2.jpg

Now I think that, barring any other changes that Zygarde might go through as part of a Mega Evolution, this would be a pretty interesting alteration that GameFreak could make to the legendary's color scheme. As for what a Mega Zygarde might look like, I swear I saw some fan concept art somewhere on the 'net, so I'll put it up on this thread if I find it later (but feel free to 'ninja' me, if you'd like to; I'm cool with that.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
Seeing as Generation V gave us direct sequels to Black and White as opposed to a third version, I doubt a third version will happen here either. Direct sequels? I dunno. Perhaps Gen VI will be left at X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

A third version pretty much solves the problem of deciding which version to get, and sales of X and Y would probably take a hit should a third version come along.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
Years
It's hard to tell what they are gonna do about that. I mean they went completely different route when making BW2. They might either do and X/Y2 or a Pokemon Z.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
As has probably been discussed earlier on in this thread, there are also the following possibilities:

1. GameFreak might release Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2, but call them 'Pokémon Z' and 'Pokémon W,' whose titles would then reference both of the following facts:
  2. GameFreak might release Pokémon Z or Pokémon X2/Pokémon Z and Pokémon Y2/Pokémon W as (paid?) updates to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Last edited:

Years
I think at this point they should do a third version or twin 'third versions' that adds to what was learned and said in OrAs as XY seem to have been contradicted several times by the Hoenn remakes (Lucario being the first Pokémon to Mega evolve, and Kalos being the only region with Megas are the most jarring). Also they could have the natural energy which returned to the world in OrAs play a role. Perhaps Lysander tries to manipulate it to force Xerneas and/or Yvetal to Mega evolve to activate the weapon like how they planned to make the Rocket launch. Also adding a bunch of references to the events of Hoenn.

I think Zinnia will play a role in Z as she went on a journey at the end. Since Zygarde is a Dragon she may know a thing or two about it. Also it could resolve her issues.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I think at this point they should do a third version or twin 'third versions' that adds to what was learned and said in OrAs as XY seem to have been contradicted several times by the Hoenn remakes (Lucario being the first Pokémon to Mega evolve, and Kalos being the only region with Megas are the most jarring). …

The question isn't, "When will we be allowed to return to Kalos?" but, "How exactly will our return there play out?" You pointed out that we still don't know whether we'll get just one new game or there'll be two new titles for us to choose from, but that's not the only thing that's still up in the air. What GameFreak might do with a pair of games if that is what it will decide to release is Unown: will it just release two director's cuts, or will each of the two games in the pair be, like Black 2 and White 2 were to Black and White, a sequel to one of the games in the first pair of games released in Generation VI? Another thing that we don't know is how GameFreak might release whatever it cooks up: if we get directors' cuts, then will they be released traditionally (though both in stores and on the eShop, of course) as completely separate games from X and Y or will they be released as updates to those titles, as Farfetch'd as that idea might sound? And what will these new games be called? As a player, I'm hoping that GameFreak will take advantage of the things that I mentioned earlier to which it could allude in these new game's titles, that we get dual director's cuts, and that their content will be patched on to X and Y, but I suppose I shouldn't really be holding my breath for something so different from what we've gotten before (though GameFreak has been throwing us curveballs lately…I wonder if I've anticipated another one?)

…Also they could have the natural energy which returned to the world in OrAs play a role. Perhaps Lysander tries to manipulate it to force Xerneas and/or Yve[l]tal to Mega evolve to activate the weapon like how they planned to make the Rocket launch. …

That might be interesting.

Also adding a bunch of references to the events of Hoenn. …

…except for the fact that they'd have to be historical references.

…I think Zinnia will play a role in Z as she went on a journey at the end. Since Zygarde is a Dragon she may know a thing or two about it. Also it could resolve her issues.

Wouldn't Zinnia be kind of old by the point in the Pokémon timeline where X and Y sit?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
What do we have for options for what the next Kalos will be? There's sequels, prequels, and 3rd version(s), but what other ways could they do it?

Wouldn't Zinnia be kind of old by the point in the Pokémon timeline where X and Y sit?
Not really. There's a 3 year gap between Gen I/III and Gen II/IV, and then another 2 between Black/White and Black2/White2. Even if you slap a 2 year gap between Gen IV and Gen V, and another 2 between B2/W2 and X/Y and assume that X/Y comes after everything else, that's only like a 9 year difference between ORAS and X/Y. So she'd be older, but not like an old woman or something.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
What do we have for options for what the next Kalos will be? There's sequels, prequels, and 3rd version(s), but what other ways could they do it?

Well, there is, like I've been trying to explain, always the somewhat Farfetch'd possibility that GameFreak might just update X and Y with the content which it would normally reserve for a director's cut….

Not really. There's a 3 year gap between Gen I/III and Gen II/IV, and then another 2 between Black/White and Black2/White2. Even if you slap a 2 year gap between Gen IV and Gen V, and another 2 between B2/W2 and X/Y and assume that X/Y comes after everything else, that's only like a 9 year difference between ORAS and X/Y. So she'd be older, but not like an old woman or something.

I suppose I'm just wondering how old Zinnia is now (I thought that she was supposed to be about the same age as your player character) as well as opposed to how old she would be by the in-universe time of X and Y. Speaking of which, didn't some developer post a tweet saying that these games occur at the same series-internal time as Black 2 and White 2? That would knock the age difference down to seven years, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back