• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
This is one of the best hacks I've played but the only complaints I have are the grass and the Ash throwing out pokemon in the battles...

The Ash looks very "cartoony" and the grass looks very "cartoony" also. But I might be the only one who feel this way

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
This is one of the best hacks I've played but the only complaints I have are the grass and the Ash throwing out pokemon in the battles...

The Ash looks very "cartoony" and the grass looks very "cartoony" also. But I might be the only one who feel this way

There have been a few complaints about the Ash backsprite. I hope to make it look better in the future. I've been thinking of changing the grass as well.

Eh, just ignore him. This hack is better in my opinion, it will probably be hack of the month soon? I don't know, but this game is fun. I do find it somewhat better than Ash's Quest since it resembles some of the anime events more. But both hacks are worth playing, and they are fun. In the new renovated version, do we go south from Route 20 to the Mysterious Garden event or do we continue going west? Talk to you guys later!

I really hope this will be better than Ash's Quest. That seems more like a Fire Red edit adding some anime elements than it does a new game unto itself. I don't know if this will ever be nominated for Hack of the Month - I kinda doubt it.

You continue west onto Route 20. Route 20 is really, really long, to accommodate all the filler episodes before the 7th Gym.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Guys, cut out the talk about 'stealing', please. One more word of it and I'll be issuing infractions.

Years
hello, why i patch a pokemon ash gray(any beta) on fire red. then i cant open it as the screen appear as white colour

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
There have been a few complaints about the Ash backsprite. I hope to make it look better in the future. I've been thinking of changing the grass as well.

I really hope this will be better than Ash's Quest. That seems more like a Fire Red edit adding some anime elements than it does a new game unto itself. I don't know if this will ever be nominated for Hack of the Month - I kinda doubt it.

You continue west onto Route 20. Route 20 is really, really long, to accommodate all the filler episodes before the 7th Gym.

I played Ash's Quest this version is hundred times better keep it up, really looking forward to the next beta :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I haven't been in this thread for a while, and, wow. o.o

Anyways, I hope to play the next beta soon. :> This should be in the Hacks Showcase, I think. And it should be nominated for a HotM voting.

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
When will the improved episodes beta will go out?because I saw you finished all of the episodes that got deleted but you did them once

Years
The new version of beta 2 will end at 'The Purr-Fect Hero', while the current 2.1 ends at 'Who gets to keep Togepi?' This ROM Hack is better than Ash's Quest like I said before. One thing I do like in Ash's Quest is how trainers use Pokemon that appeared in the episode like when you are in Dark City, but still Ash Gray is better. I think in the Aerodactyl episode where Charmeleon evolves, Pikachu used an Electric type move on a Kabutops and it didn't effect it. Are you gonna make the Kabuto family part Ground instead of Water?

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
When you talk to a proffeser in the Pewter City mueseum on the second floor it freezes up thhe game also when do you come out with new patches and should i get them? (Sorry im new to rom hacks)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Yes, I've finished all the updates on the episodes. I've started beta testing and am making some minor tweaks as I go along. Give me about a week before I release a new beta, hopefully less if there aren't any major problems.

Years
Am curious... does the new beta have the change in Ash's backsprite and the grass? Or is that something you are thinking of tackling in a later project?

Cause you said that you were thinking of changing both

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
um, I made Bulbasaur and charmander faint, is there anyway of getting them back?

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
No you cannot, there's a squirtle event coming up? I think you'll be fine with a different fire type. But bulbasaurs sleep powder and leech seed is a very good combo in my opinion.

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
ash quest was ok i played the hole game wasnt able to do much after the elite 4 other then get mewto..... this is the best hack i played keep the good work up hope to see the next ips soon.... when you patch the ips well you be able to start from your old save or do you have to start a new game after you patch the ips ?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
First it's great to see that you have all episodes remaked Metapod =) And it'll be surely useful to make a playthrough... even though it's pretty easy if you remember first anime season =D
Second why you all always compare similar hacks? It doesn't matter whether Ash's Quest or AshGray is better. Both hacks' creators made a great effort and both deserve praise. So it'd really be better if you stopped comparing. This is thread about AshGray and AshGray only ;)
And third siper you were uselessly overreacting. If your hack were in progress and famous I'd understand your reaction but in the state it is now it was useless to blame Metapod.

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
Don't get me wrong ashgray and ash's quest are both good hacks.
But playing ash gray, and then playing ash's quest. If we were to compare ash gray by a mile win's (In my opinion).
But as ash said, no need to compare.
Both people have/are put alot of effort into these projects, and both deserve maximum praise.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
No you cannot, there's a squirtle event coming up? I think you'll be fine with a different fire type. But bulbasaurs sleep powder and leech seed is a very good combo in my opinion.
oh......anyone have GS codes so i can get them? I'm assuming that some events won't activate with out them so that's why I really wan't them.

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Hi i have got all the way to sunny city and the imate house with the Ditto Girl. I went to leave and my game froze. I saved and the control pad and A B and start all dont work. I dont want to have to start again I need help! Will a new patch fix it?

Years
after i finished all the task till the james and jessiebell part, where should i go and what should i do??

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hi i have got all the way to sunny city and the imate house with the Ditto Girl. I went to leave and my game froze. I saved and the control pad and A B and start all dont work. I dont want to have to start again I need help! Will a new patch fix it?

A few people have mentioned this. If you're using beta 2.1, you might try an earlier version, and use that for when you're on that route. Or just wait a little longer for 2.5 to be released.

after i finished all the task till the james and jessiebell part, where should i go and what should i do??

There's a part toward the north where you can battle a boy and his Farfetch'd - and if you continue west and have Togepi in your party, Misty will battle you. Then the beta's done.

EDIT: Halfway through beta-testing the next release. I should be able to get back to it again tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Back