• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon similarity question

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
Hey guys, I got a question about pokemon. I'm making a list related to all generations. You probably noticed some similar things in every gen. There is 3 starters (grass, fire, water) There is a ''bird family'' : Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Fletchling, etc. There is a ''cat family'' : Meowth, Skitty, Purrloin, etc.) A ''Pikachu family'' : Pikachu, Pichu, Plusle/Minun, Emolga, etc..

There is also some kind of ''Mew or fairy family'', with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini. (Gen 6 Diancie??)

And then I tried to make some kind of ''Mewtwo family'' but this is where I need help, as I am not sure or I have no idea which pokemon in every generation would represent him the best.

So far, here's what I thought : In gen 1, its Mewtwo :P

In Gen 2, after looking at the gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon list, I guessed it wouldn't be one of the 3 legendary beasts, because we got 3 legendary birds in gen 1. However, Lugia and Ho-Oh are following the 3 legendary beasts, and they are right before the ''mew/fairy'' pokemon of gen 2, Celebi. So I guessed in Gen 2 it would be either Lugia or Ho-Oh.

In gen 3, I left the trio aside and I guessed it would be Deoxys.

In gen 4, I am really not sure at all. I don't think it's one of the trio Arceus made. It could be either Darkrai or Arceus, but the ''mew/fairy'' in the 4th gen is Shaymin, not Cresselia, which makes me believe it wouldn't be Darkrai after all, but Arceus.

In gen 5, Genesect seemed to be the best possibility, since it shares a similar story with Mewtwo.

For gen 6, I'm totally lost. I don't really see how it could be Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde. This trio reminds me alot of the Hoenn trio, and I didn't pick any of the Hoenn trio for mewtwo, but Deoxys instead. I'm left with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. To me, Diancie seems to be part of the ''Mew/Fairy'' family, it seems to fit better in it than in ''Mewtwo's family'' Would it be Hoopa or Volcanion? I'm not sure about Hoopa, I don't know him well, one of his form looks a bit childish like a mew/fairy, while the other looks badass. I don't know Volcanion at all, but I doubt he would fit. Im not totally sure, but Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion seem to be a kind of trio too. Could it be Hoopa? Could it be Zygarde? What do you guys think? Lemme know if my list so far seems wrong.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
Well, I think the "Mew" pokemon would be Hoopa, because he is a Psychic type like many of the others. He also reminds me of Jirachi. Diancie is kind of like Manaphy, with Carbink being a bit similar to Phione.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Possibly Volcanion for gen 6 :] I'd say maybe Regigigas or Rotom for gen 4?

Back