The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Cool-looking apps, probably easy for a beginner like me...except that I can't read Italian. Are English versions of these programs available, or is there a way to set the UI text to English?

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Cool-looking apps, probably easy for a beginner like me...except that I can't read Italian. Are English versions of these programs available, or is there a way to set the UI text to English?
Yes you can set the english language for many apps (just use the menu), but some apps hasn't been translated.
I suggest you to use DS PokeHack Studio, which is a mix of the older apps and its UI is in english

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Yes you can set the english language for many apps (just use the menu), but some apps hasn't been translated.
I suggest you to use DS PokeHack Studio, which is a mix of the older apps and its UI is in english

How do I get a copy of this app, please? There's no download link for Studio on your site.

Old December 7th, 2013, 06:00 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
How do I get a copy of this app, please? There's no download link for Studio on your site.
Yes, I forgot it -.-
Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?87c8v2d99p3mqmu

As you can see it's still an alpha preview, which is unstable and can cause bugs...
I ask you not to use the trainer editor, it's too unstable...

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old December 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Yes, I forgot it -.-
Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?87c8v2d99p3mqmu

As you can see it's still an alpha preview, which is unstable and can cause bugs...
I ask you not to use the trainer editor, it's too unstable...

Thank you for the link! I promise to leave the trainer editor alone until you've got a stable version ready. Here's hoping the other parts work OK... *keeps her fingers crossed*

Old December 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
homsar47

All these are pretty good. Are they open-source? I'd be interested in how you made these.
Old December 8th, 2013, 05:07 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by homsar47 View Post
All these are pretty good. Are they open-source? I'd be interested in how you made these.
Of course ;D! You can see DS PokeHack Studio source code on Launchpad (here is the link).

The other tools are very easy (most of them were written in VB.NET) at a programming level.

DS PokeHack Studio is a translation in C++ of the other tools. Be aware that it's still an alpha preview, so the code may change in the future (now I'm not developing anything because of the school)

Old December 8th, 2013, 01:40 PM
2wise
2wise For You :P

You just opened up a new path to DS Hacking [to me] Grazie mille!

Old December 10th, 2013, 02:21 AM
GlaciaTaso

Thank you for uploading
very helpful
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:56 PM
homsar47

Personally I'd like to see various things in your VB.NET starter editor: how did you read and change only certain lines in the hex is my main question.
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:52 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by homsar47 View Post
Personally I'd like to see various things in your VB.NET starter editor: how did you read and change only certain lines in the hex is my main question.
Ahh, it's very simple, check these pages:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...vs.110%29.aspx

If you want a simple example, I can search in my pc for the source of my old programs (but I don't recommend to use these methods in DS hacking, because absolute offsets change very frequently..., it's better to use a NARC API, like in DS PokeHack Studio or SDSME, but things may become difficult for the programmer)

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:19 PM
homsar47

Sure, I wouldn't mind an example.

We should probably start messaging this, though; it seems pretty off topic.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
hilbertparker

Every time I tried to save the ROM, the ROM then became 0 bytes and I cannot load it with DesmuMe

Btw, can you give me DP Attack Editor please :D
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:55 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilbertparker View Post
Every time I tried to save the ROM, the ROM then became 0 bytes and I cannot load it with DesmuMe

Btw, can you give me DP Attack Editor please :D
Since DS PokeHack Studio is an early alpha it's normal to have these kind of bugs...

This summer I'll continue programming it

You can download the other tool from my website, http://www.hackromtools.altervista.org/

Old February 9th, 2014, 08:58 AM
shaheer07

Does the editor include Pokemon from X and Y?
Old February 10th, 2014, 12:51 PM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheer07 View Post
Does the editor include Pokemon from X and Y?
No, I won't provide support for X and Y, at least for now...

Old March 25th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Xeron21

Hello, your site with tools is down, can you upload it here or when your site will be again online?
Old April 1st, 2014, 07:18 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeron21 View Post
Hello, your site with tools is down, can you upload it here or when your site will be again online?
Now it's online

It goes down when I finish the gigabytes (I have 15 GB of traffic), and my site is frequently under attack. I'll buy some extra GB in the future...

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:36 AM
Archeops
Pixel artist and hack player

Nature: Adamant
I can't seem to sign up for your site and download the tools, as much as I'd like to acquire them. Can you tell me how to sign up for your site? Thank you for reading!

I like playing all sorts of ROM hacks, my favorites being Pokémon Altair/Sirius, Vega and Procyon/Deneb. If you don't know these hacks or have only heard of them, then I recommend playing Altair/Sirius or Vega! They're truly great games that can keep you occupied for a long time!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:10 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi everybody! I'm back from school now and I can restart developing tools

You may have noticed Hack Rom Tools was down because it was under update. Now it's back online!!! I've not completed it yet, but it's matter of time.

I've totally rewritten the site because of mobile devices (the old style was crappy). Now it has also tutorials for every single tool! I've spent two weeks writing HTML code (now I can even speak in html ), I hope you'll like it!

Now I'm learning Java for writing more powerful tools :D , be patient!

Last edited by Hashtag; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:10 AM. Reason: We don't support monetisation
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:28 AM
rom hunter
tongue-tied

Nature: Bold
@Jack Thanks a lot. Your tools are superb! There were many tools out there which mostly worked for pearl and diamond only. Now with these tools I am able to edit platinum too. I had wasted lot of time hunting for good tools. Finally, I've found the perfect set.
Old 12 Hours Ago, 11:19 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi! I'm here to present a new version of DS Text Editor! After 3 weeks of heavy development I succeeded in reaching the 1.0 version (the last was beta 0.7).

I've totally rewritten the program and I also changed the language (from C# to Java, it's a very great language xD). The text engine has been written from scratch and it now supports also cripted text! The general performance is very nice, it almost doubled from the last version (you'll see it!). See the first post for details.

The program can be downloaded from my website, and you can also find the source code on github!

Last edited by JackHack96; 12 Hours Ago at 11:21 AM. Reason: Update
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links