• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hi, I have the legendary dogs from events (HG,Pt), Gyarados(HG) and Chiny(Unown C)
I am currently hunting a shiny starter(SS)

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
any one want to race for a shiny gen 1 starter or gen 3 starter? i need some more inspiration and am lacking determination and hoping that this would help.

in other news though i got pokemon crystal version today and have been having fun with that but cant get my mind off of that darn charmander...

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
any one want to race for a shiny gen 1 starter or gen 3 starter? i need some more inspiration and am lacking determination and hoping that this would help.

in other news though i got pokemon crystal version today and have been having fun with that but cant get my mind off of that darn charmander...
Hey, I'm hunting Charmander, too. Wanna race?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hey Keruso, would you mind if I join you in the express line? I've finally figured out your secret!! I'm pretty sure it's the same line that Fufu (and probably Aaryn) used in the ancient past. I just figured out which line in this maze leads to your window, and I'm totally doing that right now. :cer_laugh:

So I've started working on the December Quest, and I'm 411 encounters into Icefall Cave in LG. There's a 55% chance of getting an Ice-type and a 20% chance of getting a Pokemon that evolves into an Ice-type, so hopefully the shiny I get (yes, I am going to get it! :P ) will be in that 75% of Ice-types. If it's a Seel, I'll have to evolve it to Dewgong in order for it to count for the contest.

Should i evolve my shiny shroomish and abra(both from trades)

That's totally up to you! Your name is DarkBreloom, so maybe you should evolve your Shroomish so you'll have a shiny for your name. :pink_wink:

Hi, I have the legendary dogs from events (HG,Pt), Gyarados(HG) and Chiny(Unown C)
I am currently hunting a shiny starter(SS)

Welcome to the club! Good luck on your shiny starter hunt - I'm trying the same thing on HG (although I've taken a break to participate in the December contest)!

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I think I should start an account for my brother. He owns the SoulSilver version I'm hunting on so... The shiny starter hunt is on him now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Hey Keruso, would you mind if I join you in the express line? I've finally figured out your secret!! I'm pretty sure it's the same line that Fufu (and probably Aaryn) used in the ancient past. I just figured out which line in this maze leads to your window, and I'm totally doing that right now. :cer_laugh:

So I've started working on the December Quest, and I'm 411 encounters into Icefall Cave in LG. There's a 55% chance of getting an Ice-type and a 20% chance of getting a Pokemon that evolves into an Ice-type, so hopefully the shiny I get (yes, I am going to get it! :P ) will be in that 75% of Ice-types. If it's a Seel, I'll have to evolve it to Dewgong in order for it to count for the contest.

That's totally up to you! Your name is DarkBreloom, so maybe you should evolve your Shroomish so you'll have a shiny for your name. :pink_wink:

Welcome to the club! Good luck on your shiny starter hunt - I'm trying the same thing on HG (although I've taken a break to participate in the December contest)!

Your welcome to join my line, G, but i really dont have a secret, i'm just friggen lucky sometimes.

i dont know if im gonna join the December Quest. Im done hunting in FireRed (unless i want to hunt for 6 more in it), i have the Ice Cave in HeartGold on my list of places to hunt (Every place that has an EyeCatch is on my list, i have to head back to National Park twice, once for Sunkern, another for during the Park Contest) i dont believe i want to hunt in Emerald for an Ice Type in Shoal Cave (Spheal and Snorunt are there, but there's also ZUBAT!!!!!!) so im gonna opt out of this hunt, unless i do it in SoulSilver....... Which also has a few hunts going on

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
ivs gotten a zigzagoon, a moltres and a pontya. thats three for me

G-Money

Years
1214 encounters in Icefall Cave so far.

Your welcome to join my line, G, but i really dont have a secret, i'm just friggen lucky sometimes.

I didn't think you did either, but I stumbled on a little something by accident while REing in Icefall Cave, haha. I'm totally getting at least one shiny this month. :cer_wink:

It's actually not really a secret, "lol." It's just a really awesome hunting technique. I haven't had this much fun shiny hunting for a long time, probably since May! :pink_laugh:

Oh, and Shoal Cave sounds like a great hunting place! I'll probably hunt on Ruby (the internal battery shouldn't mess with that, right? I already know the answer to that, but just triple-checking to make sure. :) ).

ivs gotten a zigzagoon, a moltres and a pontya. thats three for me

Awesome! Welcome to the club! Are you hunting anything right now?

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I think that a Poke Radar is not required for chaining, just some place where one pokemon is the only pokemon, for example, Ruins of Alph is filled with unown, I got my shiny when I was filling the Unown Report.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, imevil!

This week's random hunt is... Cottonee!

I might postpone IV breeding extra Pokémon in order to take part in the December Quest. I have my team all hatched now.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Just a few quick shiny hunting updates

I have decided to put my abra hunt on hold for a bit and hunt for a shiny on route 5 so my current hunts stand like this:
Shiny Charmander - 129 SR's encounting
Shiny Pidgey - 90 eggs encounting
Shiny on Route 5 - Literally just started
Shiny Abra - Paused Temporarily

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Just Joined - Hello!

Hello, as you may have guessed by the title, i have just joined,
and don't know about everything yet, so if i am doing anything wrong please tell me!
For starters, i am OBSESSED with shinies ever since catching random shiny shellder (now cloyster) a few months ago. Although that is my only shiny ( I got milotic and eevee from events though) i like shinies VERY much!

Current hunts: Masuda method roggenrolla in black - just started like, 10 minutes ago.
also looking for electrode/voltorb in SS, but that's kind of on hold right now.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Welcome to the club and good luck on your Roggenrola hunt!!
Thanks G-Money, I need it!
(he still won't shine) Tomorrow I'm going to start SR'ing for the dreamyard Musharna (it only appears on fridays) but it's going to be tough to do it in one day..
Good luck everyone!

and if i hatch a shiny pokemon, will it look shiny when hatched, or do i have to
go to the status screen and check?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Thanks G-Money, I need it!
(he still won't shine) Tomorrow I'm going to start SR'ing for the dreamyard Musharna (it only appears on fridays) but it's going to be tough to do it in one day..
Good luck everyone!

and if i hatch a shiny pokemon, will it look shiny when hatched, or do i have to
go to the status screen and check?

let's see here:

1. if you dont leave the area, and save next to ANY one-a-day Poke, it will stay there until you either a) leave the area or b) catch it

2. once it hatches

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Okay, I actually got this shiny on the 8th of this month, so I'm a bit late to post this, but that was because I didn't have any internet access for the past few days....
Anyway, she appeared after 1242 eggs hatched.
2011-12-10212900-1.jpg

G-Money

Years
4740 Icefall Cave encounters.

I actually got this shiny

Congratulations, abhi!! Zangoose is an awesome shiny! :)

I wish to join. I have caught a shiny Dragonite and Crobat (both random eccounters, I don't do that wierd pokeradar method.) and I am currently looking for shiny Golurk.

Nope.

Spoiler:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been really busy..
anyway, i have given up on Musharna (soft resetting is SO boring)
but i am about to get to Ho-Oh on Soul Silver, and i'm going to
try to RNG it. (yikes!) other than that, well, I'm back to eggs.
Roggenrolla, just shine will you!

Back