• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Graphics Rating Thread - Read Post #1

Speed

Skyward
Years
Yoko~
I like this one more compared to the Kamina one, I really just think you have to work on making it a little less cluttered, working with the colors, and the lighting. The flow is fine, and the render placement is good too.

Sinnoh
I don't really know what you were going for here. The render takes up pretty much all the tag, and I don't really see anything else other then text. :l

Critique please?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yoko~
I like this one more compared to the Kamina one, I really just think you have to work on making it a little less cluttered, working with the colors, and the lighting. The flow is fine, and the render placement is good too.

Sinnoh
I don't really know what you were going for here. The render takes up pretty much all the tag, and I don't really see anything else other then text. :l

Critique please?

Well, the big empty space is the only problem I can see. I'm not to sure about the floating green and orange things... they make it seem... odd. Other than that it's rather good.

I'm not that good at rating, so I'm sorry if I said anything bad.

I tried my first proper graphics. I was merely messing with brushes and stuff, so it's rather crap, but I would like to know where I went wrong.

Spoiler:

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
@Impo

For your first proper try it's not too bad. But like zZJoennZz said, you really shouldn't blur the render like that, I'm guessing you were trying to put more focus on the face but there are better ways of doing that. The background is a bit boring and you could have done a better job of blending the render into the rest of the graphic. I'm not sure if you intentionally made it like that, but I would recommend trying to have a more consistent colour scheme instead of just having the original colours of each part of the graphic. But that's just my opinion xD Keep practicing and you'll be a pro in no time. (not that I'm a pro lol, I've still got a long way to go myself)

edandaltag.png

feedback please (note, don't be too harsh, its the first sig I've made for like a year lol)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
Its not bad, I like some parts and some i dont like as much.
The color is a little bland and if you look in the left middle part of the signature there is some "noise" which you want to avoid.
Try this if you feel like editing it..
make two new blank layers
on both layers choose image>apply image
on the bottom layer do a gaussian blur and on the top sharpen it once or twice
now on the top layer erase some parts that you want blury and dont erase parts you want sharp and crisp.
Next add a black and white effect over it and play with some gradiant maps; try colors like purple to orange and lower the opacity. You might have a cooler outcome :D
Overall nice job

Also. His finger is cut off in one spot :P Im guessing you accidentally erased it :D

PLEASE RATE :)
z2.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
6.5/10

The background stands out a bit much for me (-1) , the colors don't really go well imo (-1), the text doesn't go well with the banner that much (-1), try a different one? I'd try getting a different bg, maybe one that flows with the foreground image, and I'd try to get a better quality image (-.5) . But it's still pretty good!

Well this is my first graphic making thing after two years, and after getting a new computer, I'm a bit rusty, so I'll take any type of criticism.

18977924-5.png
b3g-6.png

The first and the last are a fail, I used messed up textures, but the second one didn't turn out so bad....I think...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
6.5/10

The background stands out a bit much for me (-1) , the colors don't really go well imo (-1), the text doesn't go well with the banner that much (-1), try a different one? I'd try getting a different bg, maybe one that flows with the foreground image, and I'd try to get a better quality image (-.5) . But it's still pretty good!

Well this is my first graphic making thing after two years, and after getting a new computer, I'm a bit rusty, so I'll take any type of criticism.

18977924-5.png
b3g-6.png

The first and the last are a fail, I used messed up textures, but the second one didn't turn out so bad....I think...

Hmm, I like the first one. I don't know if you've used a light texture or a red lighting effect in the bottom, but it gives it a decent look. As for your icons, the quality isn't all that good, and the colors are too dull in my opinion.

I was pretty bored so I went ahead and made something from scratch on Photoshop. Everything was done by me and the stars are brushes with added effects.

Spoiler:

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
^^^ Focal point would be nice, but the lens flare throws it off. Get rid of the lens flare. That's the biggest concern. The colors work together ok although the guy sortof seems out of place because of the color contrast between him and the background. I like your flow, without the lens flare it would flow in a good straight direction. Here's some advice: If you want a good source of light don't use a lens flare. Use a soft white brush on soft light or overlay blending mode and adjust its opacity. Works a lot better and it's much more subtle. The text is pretty alright too. Decent placement and it's legible.

tronsiggie.png

Advice on mine? Haven't made a siggie in a while and this was a quickie. Didn't use any C4Ds (I forgot lol and it's sortof too far into the work to add them ATM)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I like it and I like how you duplicated the render and smudged one. The background is bland but nothing would really look that good, so I don't know what to say. As you said C4Ds should've been added. And that's really all I can say...

neji_gentle_fist_by_xyr1n-d3gx4ec.jpg

I'm pretty new at this and I was trying out a different style. It didn't go as well I wanted it to but, hey.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
I like the placement of render but it lacks of effects and it was empty, read some tutorials and the text placements in wrong and colors D:

TheMove.png

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
To be honest, I've always liked sprite tags, and you've made one so you get some points from me for that. :) One thing I've noticed is that the bottom of the tag does have pretty much no colour whatsoever, so it looks kinda dull, and seems to end like that. I would've added more colour to that, as well as the C4D which is flowing behind the focal. Text is really good if you ask me, it fits the colours well. :)

Spoiler:

Keep in mind that this is a Profile Picture I want rated, so that's why it looks really empty and all bunched up in one corner.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
'Kay... here goes an attempt at rating.

First, I think that even though it's a profile pic, it doesn't have to be bunched up in the corner like that. You don't really have any textured going on in the background; it's all solid as far as I can tell, and therefore I think could be cropped out, you know? Since you can put the pic and a background color in and have the same effect.

As far as the actual picture goes, the one really bright piece sticking out of the purple kind of bothers me, and there's a bit of orange in the blue. I think the colored parts could have been blended into the picture a bit more... the orange especially feels like it's just hanging out on top of her. The blue looks really good, though, and the purple is nice how it blends with her hair. The text is fitting, I think, except for the pink just bothers me for some reason. Just the color, though, otherwise it's fine.

/hopes that was okay

Okay, here is one of my beginning attempts at making things.

redgreen01.png

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
Having 3 focal points is not good, it's more distracting if you don't execute it well. The splatter thing is front seems not used well.

di-UKQZ.png

Rate mine.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I like the render, but I feel like it's rather small. There's quite a lot going on in one little space, which makes it seem kinda compressed and squished. Also, the big white space bothers me. It makes one focus more on the render, which as I said is very busy.

This was actually done before the last one I posted, so idk. What can I do to better them?

angua.png

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
It should be small because it's a sprite.

About your work. You should learn how to blend and make a effect that aren't messy.
About blending, try to add adjustments layers and the effects, learn how to use C4D and other stuff in good.

Sorry I don't have any work to rate.

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I really like the render. I like how you used a filter on it to make it look...Cool. That sign looks really out of place and looks slapped on. It would look better without it. The planet in the background is a nice touch.

Rate mine? I really want some good Crit because I'm not too good. Doing an Icon set. :P Don't rate the quality because I know it's not that great.

team_7_chibi_naruto_by_xyr1n-d3iufn9.jpg
team_7_chibi_sakura_by_xyr1n-d3iuftk.jpg
team_7_chibi_sasuke_by_xyr1n-d3iufr2.jpg

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
They're nice, I'll tell you that. I like the consistency you've used for the style, which is always nice. There's nice lighting and it's efficient, but you lack sharpening. It doesn't seem sharp enough for the focal points to stand out. Just sharpen the focal somewhat and you should be good to go.

samusaran-1.png

Be warned, it's a tag built for CSS, so that's why it's empty.

Back