• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Silver Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Actually since there is no portuguese version of any pokémon game, we, brazilians, are really used to the english move names, itens, people and pokémon. I really see no problem at all. (maybe changing verbs like "used" etc would be a good idea)

That's why localizing pokemon essentials to other languages like Portuguese is significant. It seems that Poccil has a project like this so I'd really like to see if it's possible for him to do that. Btw, can you please give a link to your official thread, victorspvl? I know it's in Portuguese but I'd like to see the progresses you made recently.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Actually since there is no portuguese version of any pokémon game, we, brazilians, are really used to the english move names, itens, people and pokémon. I really see no problem at all. (maybe changing verbs like "used" etc would be a good idea)

Essentially all you have to do is change the display names of everything in the PBS files. Then you can change around a few words in some of the scripts and that'll solve 99% of the translation issues.

Also, it would be really interesting and creative if you made up Portugese names for all the Pokémon.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Umm... Peter O. wrote those files down somewhere... I think it's in his essentials kit, but I never downloaded that thing (like you). Well, now that you're on the forums, it should be pretty easy to get Essentials, and a copy of th DP font in truetype.

About your game, I think it's wonderful. I speak Spanish at least relatively fluently, and, considering Portuguese is basically a combination of that and French (no offense or anything to your language), I was able to piece together some of the foreign dialogue. From what I could gather it's a pretty good game, even if the story is a little... regular. That's alright, especially because the gameplay itself is quite good.

Years
Umm... there is plenty of uncredited/stolen content, here.

For one, you have used many of my tiles and still have not given me credit, even though I told you before. You are also using Kyledove's tiles without crediting him, and you are also using Remy's tiles, which he does not let anyone use. Please just remove Remy's tiles, and make a credits list with Kyledove, me, and anyone else whose sprites you have used.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Not giving due credit will hurt the credibility of you and your game. Remember, using other people's things without giving them credit is called PLAGIARISM, and it's a serious crime in most countries.

XgamerX

Gettin' crazy
Years
The game looks great but... somebody could help me? I can't open the game. :( I would be grateful if someone could help me...

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Umm... there is plenty of uncredited/stolen content, here.

For one, you have used many of my tiles and still have not given me credit, even though I told you before. You are also using Kyledove's tiles without crediting him, and you are also using Remy's tiles, which he does not let anyone use. Please just remove Remy's tiles, and make a credits list with Kyledove, me, and anyone else whose sprites you have used.

Sorry for the uncredited, but nothing here is stolen, if I took pictures that will be used in another game was no intention to take advantage of anyone ...

I have a bunch of pictures of custom tilesets here on my PC, and some are more than a year here, then not remember where I got and put them in the game without problems.

But I saw that here in Pokécomunitty is very charged, and sorry again, give credit to everyone, if you have something in your in-game credits will let me know that.

And what would be the tilesets of Remy?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english ...

Years
Here is a picture of Remy's tiles. He does not allow anyone to use them, so please remove them.

screenshotofsilverchronya2.png

In this picture, the two types of trees are his, as well as the grass.

Years
I suggest you remove the graphics you aren't allowed to use from your game and also get in contact (or attempt to) with the people whose graphics you're using that haven't received credit.
The fact that you don't know who made them won't be taken into account.
As it stands right now I have enough reason to close this thread.

You're also using some of my graphics.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Soon I will post a list of credits, and the remu tiles will be exchanged for the Kyledove tiles.

So far is this:
Kyledove-Tilesets
Alistair-Tilesets

After these credits and'll also be the end of the game.

Sorry personal, but here in Brazil are not as strict about it ...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Sorry personal, but here in Brazil are not as strict about it ...

This isn't Brazil, this isn't America: this is the internet, and common internet rules apply no matter where you live. Using online resources of any kind, for any purpose, without permission or without crediting the author is frowned upon pretty much everywhere in cyberspace.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
just a tip, on brazilian forums, they just dont ask about the tiles credits because they just don't know about them... If it was a brazilian who made it, I'm sure it would ask for credits. Anyways, I like to see that you keep improving on the overall game quality, good luck!

XgamerX

Gettin' crazy
Years
I'm playing your game and its great.

By the way, is it possible to make evolve eevee into umbreon?
My eevee is at lvl 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back