• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Been a while, but here's a new pic.
mpic-1.png

It's Misty!

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
Years
Your style is amazing. I'm gonna go ahead and watch you on dA. Looking forward to more great drawings.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I like the Dituu because the design is phenomonal, the coloring is great, and it's so randomly awesome!

And of course you have a style XD

icycatelf

Alex
Years
That's nice. ^_^ The coloring style was an older, simple style that I had made in place of Sugi-styled images. It doesn't take long and it's really simple. Thanks.

Yay, style! What is my style? How would you define it.

--- --- ---

New pic added, A Neko from my Oracle Arrivals story. I added a PG-13 rating to it because some may find certain body hair depicted to be inappropriate. Why did I add this hair to the pic? The area just seemed so empty, and something called out to me, telling me to draw it. CLICK ME TO SEE.

In Mystic Legends: A Tale of the Oracle Arrivals, the Nekos (cat people) are the arch foes of the Azmuls (wolf-elves, see my avatar). The Nekos of present time don't play a huge role in the story, but the Nekos of past time did.

Yuoaman

Years
Your style is difficult to describe, it echoes faintly of Sugimori style, except it has a simplicity which just makes them stand out. : D

And that picture is wonderful, and that hair isn't very problematic to me, though some might be offended, and if they do just say it's a weird tattoo! XD

Good luck with your work Kouga!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
SIMSUGIPLISTIC STYLE!!! XD

I'm glad you like the pic. The hair doesn't bother me either (if it did, I would have not drawn it), but I can imagine it not settling with some very well. Yeah, a wierd fuzzy tattoo. XD

Thanks.

I tried to make a colored version of the Neko, but it doesn't look quite right... it seems to look better in color without the tail. I'll later re-color it (hair and/or clothes) to see if it looks better. What's your opinion on it?

>CLICK ME TO SEE COL W/ Tail (PG-13).
>CLICK ME TO SEE COL W/O Tail (PG-13).

Yuoaman

Years
The tail doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion, it looks just as good with or without, so it's all up to you. I love the coloring you used though.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks. I may upload it to my DeviantArt account, now.

BTW, today may be a good spriting day, so I'll get working more on your starters & PM them to you.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Okay, I can't wait to see more of your art!

(BTW Yay!!!)

Thanks, but I've been slow on art lately. Hopefully I'll get some nice pics up once I start my college art class on Monday.

You have good good talant for digital art. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. I'll try. ^_^

--- --- --- --- ---

EDIT: Added sketch of HeavenEarth Version's Pokemon Professor, Airell Hawthorn.

UPDATE: Added new illustration of Magcargo to first post.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Updated first post: Not only are my works made since I created this topic posted, but I have some of my favorite older works included as well. Check them out.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Doesn't anyone love me anymore? T_T
Anyway, I just added a new "Kj'kun Battle Stance (colored)"
picture to the first post. I also prettified the post a little.

Yuoaman

Years
I duzz!!!

Anyways, your art is amazing, though I think you're a little harsh on yourself, on most pieces you'll say 'I know it's not great.', and variations on that. And you really shouldn't, you are a great artist, and if you let people, I'm sure they will all love your pieces as much as I do.

Also: now is one of those times I wish that I could request... Your Kj'kun pictures are so great!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Yay, there's still someone who loves me! :)

Thanks. It's like my art professor told me; we are harder on our own work than anyone else.

I'm glad you like the new Kj'kun pictures. I'm quite satisfied with them myself.

I worked almost a whole day trying to draw Kj'kun in a battle stance. It was an idea that I had several weeks before that I hadn't been able to draw previously. I kept trying to draw the pose, but it was harder than I had anticipated. I would draw a part that looked alright, but then I would pick it apart, erase it, and try again. I was quite happy with the result.
I worked on & off for hours (almost, maybe more than 3) trying to color it.

Back