• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Real working pokemon mmorpg

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
So you can make your own levels on this...interesting

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Lol no nono u cant lol were just relesing the mapeditor so you can see it and test it n try it etc only mapeditors will be able to make maps

Years
Visual basic Rules, i'm learning it at school hehe :D
i start learn visual studio . net also hehe :) stay well. good luck the game looks great, keep the good work ;)

Years
very intresting can't wait to try it out so are there gunna be any cool features :P
can you pick your trainer sprites or something XD that would be cool
fwar keep going cause I wanna see this up and running just don't rush it

Kronos

Shooting Star
Years
Wow i cant wait for this... if you need any level makers... just ask :D . How exactly will this work though.... do you know of any sever that will host it or will computers act as severs?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Yeah heaps of special special features will be included just rember this will be the only pokemon mmorpg ever to actualy make public beta XD and we have the mapeditor and photos to proove that we are the only one working i mean have u see any other pokemon mmorpg out to this date that has given out their mapeditor tool and photos of their game :D Nope :) so keep intouch with us

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
what I would suggest is just keep people ultra-updated dont let a day's work go by without givin a lil status report, nobody that has ever tried has done that and even when theyre still workin it feels like they quit ya know what I mean?

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Other than Robbie and the kid with the 3d one, there's also the Pokemon Online made by Deathchill, which contrary to popular belief is STILL GOING, just slowly since its one guy coding the whole engine. There's already four games planned for it made by various groups.

On subject, this is looking pretty cool. I'll have to try it out later.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2006
wouldnt be better to make a single game, with a very big group of people? Also would be cool if the game were like a pokemon one, but different enough for not having troubles with nintendo...

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
That's the entire point of fangames, to have fun. So, when do we get to download the game?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
soon my friends soon ,
heres a status report then
the client is functioning at the moment but being that the server was made in vb it was quite buggy so Seipheroth my Java Expert has been working hours and hours to recode the server in Java :D so now the client is Extremly fast and the server can be hosted on a linux machine for less downtime =D also being coded in java means its more stable and runs faster than a visusual basic server would which means less gameplay lag :D and faster packets from the server,
i have been studying a new map architectual technieqe of saving maps in binary form to make them smaller rathern than ascnii so that in a few days i can begin development on an optimized map engine which can handle a map size of 100,000 x 100,000 and send it to a player at the same speed as a 10x10 map =D

-oh and about the question about if i know any servers.
well i co own a webhosting company with a friend so i can get hosting there and b, seipheroth knows a few dedicated servers i beleve.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
rm2kdev said:
soon my friends soon ,
also being coded in java means its more stable and runs faster than a visusual basic server would which means less gameplay lag :D and faster
Cool...now if we could only change the game to C++... super fast hehe.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
well we can ... as me and seiph both code C++ lol
but for a 2D mmorpg it is not needed because vb will make it reach 70Fps nu we will lock it at 30 so it runs smooth c++ would make 100 or so but would be locked at 30 whicm means the vb client will be as fast as the c++ one
-note i am at work this is my last post for 5 more hour's

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Tonights Progress Log
After discusing the best way to develop this game we have come to the conclusion that we will make the client in Java aswell this will allow cross platform capability
Some basic Java development has begun and allredy we have a client applet capable of drawing the maps to the screen and a server which receves data from a client

Begin that our mmorpg now uses Java this means there is no download :) you can simply play it in your webbrowser or you can download an exe or a linux binary for any operating system

This could also mean Clients for your Mobile Phones, PDA's, Laptops anything with Wireless internet and Java Runtime support. which is any operating system.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
No downloading is good for all us older players who game from work and cant open application files on the office computers ;)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
lol no disrispect im just jokeing arround ok (what id like to know is why you older players are still playing pokemon and not hitman :D) hahaha im only kidding arround mate

but yeah no downloading w00t and mobile play (i get global wireless internet on my hp ipaq 5550 so i can play anywhere i want anytime anywhere in the world ;D)

SailorCosmos

Moonlight Real Girl
Years
I have a feeling this Game will be a hit! Can't wait to play! Pokemon Online is a concept that many fans have been dreaming about! Anyways, Good Luck!

Back