• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Hi!

this feels awkard... I was feeling really nostalgic the other day and went ahead and bought White 2...I just remembered about this club... 2004, literally 8 years since I started this... I no longer feel I am entitled to anything inside the club of course.

I want to thank G-Money for taking over. I work 10 hours a day now. I started the club when I was 16 years old, now that I'm more grown up, lots of things to do, little time to play.

I suppos eI'll try to post here as often as I can, since I work as a programmer and I have access to the internets all day.

Geez, it's so awesome to see some of you guys are still here from the beginning... I feel so unworthy...

I hope I'm allowed back in the club :P

See you around :)

PD: SOOOO much memorie sof this club. Such gooood times. I hate growing up... T_T. Im actually excited and nervous after posting here.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hi!

this feels awkard... I was feeling really nostalgic the other day and went ahead and bought White 2...I just remembered about this club... 2004, literally 8 years since I started this... I no longer feel I am entitled to anything inside the club of course.

I want to thank G-Money for taking over. I work 10 hours a day now. I started the club when I was 16 years old, now that I'm more grown up, lots of things to do, little time to play.

I suppos eI'll try to post here as often as I can, since I work as a programmer and I have access to the internets all day.

Geez, it's so awesome to see some of you guys are still here from the beginning... I feel so unworthy...

See you around :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GREAT FOUNDER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!

It is such a great honor to get to meet the original shiny hunter!!! The most worthy shiny hunter of all!

I'm G-Money, and I joined the club back in January of 2011. When I found my first shiny, a Slugma in Emerald (way back in 2006!), I looked it up online to find out what it was, and I discovered your awesome club. Reading the posts in this thread and the quests of all the great hunters inspired me to search for more shinies, and the club really made playing Pokemon fun. I lurked for a while and then joined when I started playing Pokemon again, and the club was nice enough to give me dictatorial power the heirdom of your throne! :cer_laugh: None of this would have happened without you, Aaryn, and I'm really grateful for you making this really awesome club. :)

Of course, you have complete FOUNDER powers. If you'd like anything (such as the first post), just let me know and it's yours.

As for me, I haven't really been hunting over the past couple of months because of an incredible amount of schoolwork. I'm really looking forward to getting BW2 in December (or maybe November, whenever I get enough free time) and continuing my hunts.

Today is a triumphant day for shiny hunting!! AARYN HAS RETURNED!!!! :cer_smile:

I hope I'm allowed back in the club :P

"lol"

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GREAT FOUNDER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!

It is such a great honor to get to meet the original shiny hunter!!! The most worthy shiny hunter of all!

I'm G-Money, and I joined the club back in January of 2011. When I found my first shiny, a Slugma in Emerald (way back in 2006!), I looked it up online to find out what it was, and I discovered your awesome club. Reading the posts in this thread and the quests of all the great hunters inspired me to search for more shinies, and the club really made playing Pokemon fun. I lurked for a while and then joined when I started playing Pokemon again, and the club was nice enough to give me dictatorial power the heirdom of your throne! :cer_laugh: None of this would have happened without you, Aaryn, and I'm really grateful for you making this really awesome club. :)

Of course, you have complete FOUNDER powers. If you'd like anything (such as the first post), just let me know and it's yours.

As for me, I haven't really been hunting over the past couple of months because of an incredible amount of schoolwork. I'm really looking forward to getting BW2 in December (or maybe November, whenever I get enough free time) and continuing my hunts.

Today is a triumphant day for shiny hunting!! AARYN HAS RETURNED!!!! :cer_smile:

"lol"

Oh, golly, that was a warm welcome!!

It's not about what "I'd like" anymore. I'll help and will be glad to do so, like I did when this club started, now you are the one that has to tell me what has to be done.

I'm going to sleep now (2 am here, and 8:30 am I wake up to go to work, yikes!)

So I'll log in tomorrow and catch up on the club. I'll post and all that.

My life has been a roller coaster for the past 5 or 6 years, but now I managed to make it feel like a cool and nice walk in the park, so I hope I'll be back for good.

See you guys around, and thanks G-Money.

To the rest that still didn't notice I'm back, please bear with me and don't be mad at me for being gone, I swear I would have stayed if my life would have allowed me to!

cheers!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome back, Aaryn!!! It's great to see the founder return! You probably don't remember me. I posted on the first page, but didn't return until spring of last year. I was a lot more active on PC back in 03 and 04. I was a moderator during that time.

My next stop on B2 is Nimbasa City. I caught all five of N's Pokémon that are in the Desert Resort. From my experience I think they have an encounter rate of 5%. I came across them as frequently as Trapinch, which has an encounter rate of 5%. Darmanitan was the only one that took more than one Great ball to catch. I tried a Quick Ball on him first and then about three Great Balls after his health got below 50%. I think they shine just like a shiny at first. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same animation or not, since it's been over a year since I last encountered a shiny in the wild.

This week's random hunt is... Aaron! It's a pure coincidence that it's similar to our founder's name. This is what random.org selected.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
As cool as it is to meet the creator, I feel a little disappointed that my getting the first B2W2 shiny of the club is going to be dwarfed by this. Not that I'm an attention hog or anything, I was just looking forward to more congratulations.

But welcome back Aaryn! I just joined in July of this year, and after about a two months of hunting, I got a Shiny Charmander! Now I have a wild Sewaddle?! It's just so crazy that after 10 years of no sparkles, I would get 2 shiny Pokemon in the same year. Thanks to you, I have a place to tell people about this miracle.

Also, I suppose this is what you guys called a "Bucket of Luck." Hopefully I can squeeze a third Shiny out this year! XD

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
It's not about what "I'd like" anymore. I'll help and will be glad to do so, like I did when this club started, now you are the one that has to tell me what has to be done.

"lol" I mean it like, if you don't have enough time, you don't have to feel pressured to do the ownership duties and stuff, but if you want to, you're more than entitled to all FOUNDER privileges such as welcoming new members, promoting/demoting members, etc. :)

As cool as it is to meet the creator, I feel a little disappointed that my getting the first B2W2 shiny of the club is going to be dwarfed by this. Not that I'm an attention hog or anything, I was just looking forward to more congratulations.

Haha, sorry about that! I was actually busy doing homework earlier and just came to check whether there were any new posts, and when I saw Aaryn I was like "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... :pink_laugh:

Now here's my "real" G-Money post:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years

But welcome back Aaryn! I just joined in July of this year, and after about a two months of hunting, I got a Shiny Charmander! Now I have a wild Sewaddle?! It's just so crazy that after 10 years of no sparkles, I would get 2 shiny Pokemon in the same year. Thanks to you, I have a place to tell people about this miracle.

Also, I suppose this is what you guys called a "Bucket of Luck." Hopefully I can squeeze a third Shiny out this year! XD

this is a Shiny Huting club, isn't it? :)

The most important thing here is catching shiny pokemon!

Even more when the new games are out, so being the first one to get a shiny is indeed a great feat! I'd even put that on the first post, kind of an "honor board" or something, stating these kind of achievements.

"First to capture a Shiny in B/W 2"

You catch my drift.

Congratulations on that!

It wasn't my intention at all to dwarf or take attention from what I feel is really important here.

About two shinies in a row being crazy:

I know what you mean, I had a pair of shinies or three when I started talking about catching shinies with ryan, Pazzcat and SkinnyGreenMan... suddenly when all my attention was focused on shiny hunting, they started popping everywhere.

I spent loads and loads of hours hunting, hatched trillions of eggs...reset thousands of times... etc. Lots of hours lol, no more time for that kind of hunting though.

My story since I left:

when i started the club I was 16, we talked about shiny hunting between some forum memebers, if I recall correctly though, appart from the founders, MetalMario, Latios Master and Lady Demonica where also pretty involved. the idea of making the club was ryan's idea though. I think I was the official founder out of luck really. But it was really the way we became friends here. I felt they were real friends, I enjoyed every conversation I had with these guys and gals.

I was having the best time of my life with a videogame. It felt too good to be true. I couldn't believe a videogame could involve such social interaction. Only pokemon could manage this. Not even MMORPG or any other type of online games makes me feel like these games did back then with this club.

It started with ruby and sapphire, and some time later my life went into a spiral of pain and distress(lol, how dramatic). My grandpa fell sick and died, and so did my grandma (Alzheimer). One of my uncles suffered a sudden heart attack and died while he was shaving and another uncle of mine died of lung cancer earlier this year. I've experienced some tough stuff really.

I came back in 2007 and 2009 I think, whenever I had time to feel nostalgic and remember this. REALLY off and a couple of times on.

Some more stuff happened to me, but I managed to keep going and all turned out pretty well. In fact i feel the luckeist person alive! :P (except for NecrumWarrior, who catched the first B/W 2 shiny! xD)

This club has always been there in the back of my head, so as soon as I had White 2 in my hands, I got the flash. The Club! Will it still be alive? And bingo, here you guys are.

I should have at least posted something more telling why I was not going to be able to be here, or said goodbye, or something, but I didn't, everything felt like it was rushing by, so yeah. In fact, if I look back, it feels like no time has passed at all. Wierd feeling.

I needed a DS back in te day,after ruby/sapphire... couldn't play diamond till I borrowed my friends DS, no hunting there though., skipped Diamond and played a bit of SS/HG. Then Came B/W 1. Played a bit and had to give it back T_T

I really didn't play much at all, I didn't finish any game after ruby, which I put hundreds of hours into.

I got a 3DS XL on release, so now I can enjoy any pokemon game that comes out on DS or 3DS. I got White 2 and was super nostalgic and excited.

When I finish the game I'll start hunting like I did back then. i intend to put loads of hours into this version, like I did with ruby. This will be my reentry to the series.

Wont be able to do it so intensively though haha.

so yeah, TL;DR, glad to be back. and thanks for keeping this thing going. I could udnerstand perfectly if anyone was mad at me or felt as if, idk, I shouldn't be here or whatever.

if you guys have anything to tell me or ask me, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Aaryn, welcome back. You don't remember me(because I was like 5 when you started this club) but I have been a member of the club for a while.

NecrumWarrior, really, congratulations on your Sewaddle. Are you going to use it or did you maybe choose Snivy as a starter? But this is no small deal.

In my news, I have decided that I am just wasting my time when I'm hunting, because I have no(nada, 0)luck with shinies. I'm going to keep lurking around the club, but I highly doubt I will ever hunt again. I might get excited if I find a shiny, but what are the odds of that? (*coughs* 1/8192) But anyways, I'm thinking about getting a potato, but I might have better luck getting a carrot :laugh:. Well, see you around.

Years
hai guys. I picked up Black 2 about a week ago with the intent on getting to Black Kyurem right away to hunt it. As I'm training on Route 6, I believe, to just buff up some of my team before the next gym, I hit A on a Pokeball and then this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4F3YPE3AHY

Was incredibly surprised, but still would have rather it been something a bit cooler -__-

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
hai guys. I picked up Black 2 about a week ago with the intent on getting to Black Kyurem right away to hunt it. As I'm training on Route 6, I believe, to just buff up some of my team before the next gym, I hit A on a Pokeball and then this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4F3YPE3AHY

Was incredibly surprised, but still would have rather it been something a bit cooler -__-

it's still a shiny! so congrats for that!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sewaddle's not much better in my opinion, but at least it has a cool pallet!

@Le Krome Just in case you don't know, you aren't able to catch Black/White Kyurem upon initial encounter. You have to catch Kyurem after the main story, then catch Reshiram/Zekrom. So if you want it to be shiny, hunt Kyurem after the main story. Reshiram/Zekrom don't need to be shiny since only Kyurem's data is used on it's forms. Actually, this is good info for everyone. I hope this helps anyone looking to hunt Kyurem in B2W2!

@Dratizard I'm not going to use it, but not because of my starter. Because I think Sewaddle's shiny is cooler than it's evolutions. Plus I'm using Sunflora as my grass type!

Years
Sewaddle's not much better in my opinion, but at least it has a cool pallet!

@Le Krome Just in case you don't know, you aren't able to catch Black/White Kyurem upon initial encounter. You have to catch Kyurem after the main story, then catch Reshiram/Zekrom. So if you want it to be shiny, hunt Kyurem after the main story. Reshiram/Zekrom don't need to be shiny since only Kyurem's data is used on it's forms. Actually, this is good info for everyone. I hope this helps anyone looking to hunt Kyurem in B2W2!

@Dratizard I'm not going to use it, but not because of my starter. Because I think Sewaddle's shiny is cooler than it's evolutions. Plus I'm using Sunflora as my grass type!

Yeah, I read up on that earlier and was kinda disappointed d: But thanks, nevertheless!

Also, aren't Reshi/Zek still shiny locked?

Little edit: if you guys could sub to my gaming channel (if you wish to watch shiny videos in the future) it would be very much appreciated, I want to try and have YouTube as a potential backup for insurance and car payments so yeah. I'll gladly return the favor for a fellow shiny hunter.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
when i started the club I was 16, we talked about shiny hunting between some forum memebers, if I recall correctly though, appart from the founders, MetalMario, Latios Master and Lady Demonica where also pretty involved. the idea of making the club was ryan's idea though. I think I was the official founder out of luck really. But it was really the way we became friends here. I felt they were real friends, I enjoyed every conversation I had with these guys and gals.

It started with ruby and sapphire, and some time later my life went into a spiral of pain and distress(lol, how dramatic). My grandpa fell sick and died, and so did my grandma (Alzheimer). One of my uncles suffered a sudden heart attack and died while he was shaving and another uncle of mine died of lung cancer earlier this year. I've experienced some tough stuff really.

I wasn't involved much before last year. I wish I was, though.

I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. I lost both of my grandmas in the past decade.

Congrats on the shiny Foongus, Le Krome!

I think G-Money's comment about B/W2's story was directed at me. I'm sorry if I revealed too much. I will limit what I say about the new games.

I read that the Shining Charm requirements don't include event-only legendaries. Does anyone know if that is just the 5th gen legendaries or all of them from the past? I don't have a Darkrai, Shaymin, or Mew (I do in Silver and Crystal), so hopefully I won't need them. I also don't have Phione or Manaphy, so I don't know if I would need them or not.

I finished the stuff in Nimbasa City today. I've encountered over 800 wild Pokémon so far.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I wasn't involved much before last year. I wish I was, though.

I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. I lost both of my grandmas in the past decade.

Congrats on the shiny Foongus, Le Krome!

I think G-Money's comment about B/W2's story was directed at me. I'm sorry if I revealed too much. I will limit what I say about the new games.

I read that the Shining Charm requirements don't include event-only legendaries. Does anyone know if that is just the 5th gen legendaries or all of them from the past? I don't have a Darkrai, Shaymin, or Mew (I do in Silver and Crystal), so hopefully I won't need them. I also don't have Phione or Manaphy, so I don't know if I would need them or not.

I finished the stuff in Nimbasa City today. I've encountered over 800 wild Pokémon so far.

according to Serebii's Itemdex, you have to catch all the National Dex, so im assuming that would be all 693....... which sucks

To Aaryn: You may or may not remember me from the Serebii shiny forum that Zabi had started (i think). Let's not talk about him, but let's just say he PUSHED me to come to PC.....

I bought White2, like i said, and still continuing to reset for Oshawott.......i'd like to play, but im a patient man. I think im repeating myself when i was resetting for Tepig

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Seeing all this activity really has me wanting to get bak into the hardcore hunting and starting the socialness of the club back like it was back when I first joined. Been slowly playing through Black 2 before I pick up a new DS to start reseting on white 1 and 2 for shiny starters. Aswell as my continued hunt for my shiny spiritomb.

WB aaryn. Been a long time since I have seen you post. MM hasn't been here in ages but LLD pops up every now and then.

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Seeing all this activity really has me wanting to get bak into the hardcore hunting and starting the socialness of the club back like it was back when I first joined. Been slowly playing through Black 2 before I pick up a new DS to start reseting on white 1 and 2 for shiny starters. Aswell as my continued hunt for my shiny spiritomb.

WB aaryn. Been a long time since I have seen you post. MM hasn't been here in ages but LLD pops up every now and then.

^_^

those were the days... sigh*

You're gonna buy a 3DS or a new DSi? Just curios, since I have a 3DS now and I'm debating about buying a DSi to play through Pokemon soulsilver and White 2... (I can afford these things now xD)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
In order for National Pokedex to be complete, none of the event Pokemon from any Generation are needed. And for Shiny Charm you only need a complete Nat Dex. So these Pokemon will not be needed:
-Mew
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Deoxyx
-Darkrai
-Manaphy
-Phione
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Meloette
-Keldeo
-Genesect

Also I believe Reshiram and Zekrom are NOT Shiny locked in B2W2. I've seen some videos of people hunting them on youtube. It's a translated ROM so I can't say for certain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0kk1dT33o

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
^_^

those were the days... sigh*

You're gonna buy a 3DS or a new DSi? Just curios, since I have a 3DS now and I'm debating about buying a DSi to play through Pokemon soulsilver and White 2... (I can afford these things now xD)

Going to get a 3ds and just an old ds. Only getting it for reseting so don't need a dsi for that. Need to get a copy of White 2 still as I don't have it yet.

When I get my set up complete I will have 4 SRing.

Still working slowly through Black 2, Maybe get a random shiny as I am doing a lot of grinding.

Years
I joined the club ages ago I believe! But it was years ago, probably 2009/10 since that's when I got my last shiny! If I need to rejoin just say so but for now I'll assume no if that's okay! :3

Anyways, as I said, I haven't found a shiny, bar the red Gyarados, since 2010 which was my shiny Chikorita, Hibiscus, who's now a beautiful yellow Meganium. I stopped shiny hunting for personal reasons and just never picked it back up. Might have been nice to find a random encounter shiny but no!
Regardless, with the release of Pokémon White 2 and remembering and rereading this thread I'm in a shiny hunting mood again! So depending how long it takes me to at least beat the Elite 4 in White 2, I'd like to participate in either the October challenge or wait until November, though I do love Ghost types so a Ghost type shiny would be nice!

Just popping in I guess to reintroduce myself! I'm hoping I can become an active member, or at least semi-active, but if I don't then feel free to forget me. I always struggle with forums and the "being social" thing in general!

On that note, does anyone know of any cute black or orange shinies I can look for? Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny in the 2 years I was gone, I don't think I need to list them!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Haha, oh wow. Aaryn came back, how cool is that?

Welcome back. May you be as blessed in the new games as you have in the old ones, lol :P

Who, me?

I've been unsuccessful with every hunt after that random Tentacool. I got a terrible rash back in May and hatched 750 Charmander eggs, then said screw it.

I'm more excited now that I'm playing White 2 though, and plan to try and complete the National Dex.
I've already beat the Champion and have caught 165 Unova Dex Pokemon.

I haven't come across a single shiny yet though, which is a little disheartening because it was the furthest thing from my mind while playing. I encountered so many wild Pokemon, too.

Either way, this will still have to take a backseat to life in the end, because I have to do life stuff and continue trying to become a decent artist.

I did nab a foreign Ditto from the GTS though, and now that I have access to the Day Care, I'm going to breed some of the rarer Pokemon with it and use the babies as GTS bait, and to get some of the Pokemon I don't have like Rufflet.

If anything pops out, I'll pop in.

Good luck everyone!

Back