• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Calm down. TS here is trying to express his opinions to me as a friend. (Check my profile,
he's my friend)
But yeah, everything I do is just about everything that Habbedaz said.
By the way, I don't mind if people criticize. Actually, it's better that
people criticize so that I can more ideas on how to make LP better than ever.
I'm still waiting for Ash to complete his work so I can move on to my translation.

Heh, yeah sorry. Having 5 exams this week and heavy pollen allergy I had to rage on someone x) But yeah. As said, no hard feelings. Just rage from stress, pressure and sickness.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Wait, so because you're an editor you have the right to disrespect Wesley? And where the hell did you come up with that logic? Also, why is there a need for two more rivals?

Edit: I [and I guarantee many others] would love to see exactly what type of "agreement" you have with Wesley. You do say that you have an agreement with him then I guess it shouldn't be an issue for you to present some type of proof.

Last edited:

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
lmao, jeez i havnt visited this thread in a month and i get on to see all of this.
i gotta say i kinda hoped that the english translation was done by now (mainly cause schools ovr and i hav some free time finally) but i understand that ash and sp are trying their hardest to get it out

i would just like to state my opinion on the whole "make changes" or "not make changes" topic. i for one am perfectly fine with sp making changes to better the game, hes doing it for the good of us all so i think you guys should stop riding him. howweeeevveerrr, i want the english version to be released as soon as possible so if these "changes" are going to seriously delay the release, then mayyybee you should just release the translated version and save the changes for the X version or whatever ash mentioned :]

either way thank you sp and ash for your hard work and i cant wait until the day that the english version is released. keep up the good work! :]]]

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
*echoes everything QM said in his big post up there*

alphawing: Yes, especially judging from feedback much earlier in the thread, I concede that some changes need to be made to fix bugs and improve gameplay. However, there's a big difference between fixing errors and changing personal preferences when it's not yours to change.

I personally don't mind the music, but the names being changed are not Spanish-sounding ones at all. He's changing Kevin and Sophia to something one person suggested and no one else commented on. Does Kevin sound particularly Hispanic to you? It's just SP deciding he knows better than Wesley about Wesley's own game.

Sarcastic Prince: Your personal dislike of a choice that Wesley made does not give you the right to treat it as something that needs fixing. It's not about being 'better'. It's about making personal changes vs. fixing bugs. I don't think anyone has had a problem with Kevin yet, therefore Akira is clearly not an improvement.

I'm going to go out on the same limb someone earlier in the thread went on and say that Wesley would not support this. Whatever agreement you think you have with them... Editors do not make personal changes. Having been an editor, having worked closely with editors, that is not the job of an editor. The job of an editor is to fix any errors and look for places that things can be made better, while still, first and foremost, preserving the original vision of the creator. You are not doing that. Editors don't warp someone else's story into theirs. Even if they dislike parts, if it's too drastic a change, they leave them in, because it's not theirs to change. At the most, editors suggest to creators changes that should be made, but always leave the final decisions to them, never going ahead and doing it themselves.

There's a language gap here, but even if there wasn't, and I made an agreement with someone to be an editor, I would be appalled if my work got changed this much.

In case that was TL;DR?

4. The names aren't fine. Some of these names are either too common
or not good at all.
5. Congratulations! You've finally understood that Wesley is a terrible
name maker who can't make good names.
NOT. YOUR. CALL. TO MAKE. If you don't respect the editor's original work, WHAT ARE YOU DOING EDITING IT?

I have the right to change or edit anything I want.
I very, very much doubt that's what he thought he was agreeing to.

TropicalSunlight: Ah. That was you. Yes. I agree with you.

Habbedaz: He says that he and Wesley have an understanding.

Sarcastic Prince/Habbedaz: If they were just a few minor changes, I doubt anyone would be objecting, now would they? ;)

QM's smaller post: Yes. I think there's an echo in here. xD

Also, yeah, WOW, I missed that. How the hell are TWO NEW RIVALS a minor change?!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay people, let's try to be civilized. I don't want to see any more arguing in this thread about the upcoming English beta (that includes people asking for release dates because giradialkia and I are getting sick of deleting your posts). If I see one more person try to continue this argument, I will start handing out infractions. The only exception that I will tolerate will be Sarcastic Prince's posting of Welsey FG's alleged approval of his actions (and yes, that's a request). After that, consider this debate over.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi! Someone can pls tell me where can I get HM 07 Waterfall? I need it to get to the League but I'm having a really hard time trying to find it :s
btw this is the greates hack I've ever played, better than the oficial games :D
You get it from Red in Dragonbreath City Department Store =)

I may sound like a noob but if I may can I evolve a female Snorunt into Froslass in this hack and if so how?
Well according to YAPE Snorunt evolves into Froslass by trading.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
umm how many pokemon are in the game? and is there an oshawott in it?
Not sure how many are there cutie,but if im not wrong,all 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th gen, + a few from 5th gen.

So probably 500+ (4th gen has 493 + a few from 5th gen).

Its just a thought tho,not sure how many are there exactly ^^

*waves*
Jennifer~~

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well according to YAPE Snorunt evolves into Froslass by trading.

This will be changed to something else. Snorunt will evolve into Froslass
by using a Spell Tag. Trading sucks in emulated games.

Not sure how many are there cutie,but if im not wrong,all 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th gen, + a few from 5th gen.

So probably 500+ (4th gen has 493 + a few from 5th gen).

Its just a thought tho,not sure how many are there exactly ^^

*waves*
Jennifer~~

Actually, that's not right. It's 386 PKMN (Some of the original 386 PKMN are replaced by Wesley with D/P/P and B/W PKMN) + 25 PKMN (The extra 25 PKMN are D/P/P and B/W PKMN. They don't have any Pokedex entries)

and is there an oshawott in it?

Yes, there is, according to my PKMN editor.
I don't know where you can get Oshawott, though.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
umm how many pokemon are in the game? and is there an oshawott in it?
There are 411 pokemon and yes, Mijumaru is obtainable.
You can get one once you arrive to Lauren.

This will be changed to something else. Snorunt will evolve into Froslass
by using a Spell Tag. Trading sucks in emulated games.
Does that work...? I'm not really sure...

Actually, that's not right. It's 386 PKMN (Some of the original 386 PKMN are replaced by Wesley with D/P/P and B/W PKMN) + 26 PKMN (The extra 26 PKMN are D/P/P and B/W PKMN. They don't have any Pokedex entries)
Well actually it's 25.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Hiya to all pokefans here. I play pokegames from time to time on my iphone and when i found plat light i gotta say very impressed... Easily better then sienna and shiny gold BUT i had a question ... Are there any platinum moves? XD first poke i caught was my combee and got it to evolve but now i have a vespiquen with no orders (defend,heal etc...) n was wondering if i missed something or not :/ vesp with no queen xD ty to all who reply

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
No, it doesn't work. The GBA games only allow Pokemon to be evolved by the Evolutional Stones. Changing it to something other is simply not possible without ASM.

Well, I was wrong. I just ran a test and it failed.
So, I'm planning to make it evolve through stat-based evolution -
when Snorunt's Attack is higher than its Defense, it will evolve into
Froslass. The same thing goes to Kirlia evolving into Gallade.

Hiya to all pokefans here. I play pokegames from time to time on my iphone and when i found plat light i gotta say very impressed... Easily better then sienna and shiny gold BUT i had a question ... Are there any platinum moves? XD first poke i caught was my combee and got it to evolve but now i have a vespiquen with no orders (defend,heal etc...) n was wondering if i missed something or not :/ vesp with no queen xD ty to all who reply

No, you didn't miss anything. Since this a GBA PKMN hack,
you will not be expecting any Platinum moves.

However, there are new custom moves made by Wesley.
Lava Surf
- Fire type move
- Attack: 95

Soar
- Flying type move
- Attack: 90 (Originally Flynning, but there's is no such word)

Last edited:
Back