• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
^Yeah, Pudz is amazing! I'm really interested in all of the stuff, but I wish I knew a lot more about it. I just like wearing dresses and I like being feminine, but drugs really scare me. I don't even like taking over the counter medicine unless its really bad. I would try it if the side effects weren't bad or if it were only temp. But I don't know enough about them to really bring me to any decision.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Honestly I don't think Ellen is the best person to target if you're an anti-gay group. She's probably one of the most loved openly gay people in America

You misspelled "the world" :P

I went to that stupid Facebook page and had a look - they're all about protecting children. But you see the thing is, that will never fly in a campaign against Ellen because she is the most child-friendly TV personality you will meet outside the hosts of Play School. Just yesterday I was griping because she yet again had to have some "talented children" come and waste my time showing me what they can do when I quite simply do not care; and she is constantly giving under-privileged families cars and thousands of dollars to try and dig them out of the holes they've found themselves in. She single-handedly helps more people - and more children - than one million of those *****es ever will.

TwiDragon

Years
^I added you through MSN, hopefully it doesn't durp up >.<

^^You know, I always hate when people use "protect the children" , Especially with gays and what not. There is no damage being done! The only damage is that these bigots are teaching their children that its ok to hate someone who is different. I would think that the kids will figure it out on their own about who they are and what they like.

Ashamed, if one of these parents has a kid who is anything but straight, their will be problems for that kid and their family. Its sad really :c

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Omg, Pudz you're so beautiful! I hope you continue to make great progress! :3

Anyone else watch the show What would you do? They do things related to the LGBT community a lot. Tonight they had a scene in a diner with a counsler trying to convince a teenager to "pray the gay away". The whole show's premise is to see if people speak up about whatever situation. I was shocked about how many spoke up. This super macho man yelled at the counseling guy "He is not broken" because he couldn't stand watching it anymore. It was very touching.

TwiDragon

Years
^ABC, its on youtube; a good majority of it. They don't just do stuff for Gay discrimination. Their is stuff against a lot of discrimination and crimes. Its very intresting. However, the show is one of those "feel" shows. You know what happens in each episode, and they rarley go into detail with the bad side. I only saw one bad thing, and that was part of the gay episode where they where in Alabama

Also, all. Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5egFXHJnQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
You all may like this speech

EDIT - Would like to publicly thank Pudz for helping me educate myself on an issue that I was misinformed through her personal experience. Thank you ^.^

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
My favorite part of that speech was when she said that she thought she would agonize over it, but then nothing actually changed. It's so true... unless of course, you cause something to change by not accepting your child. I mean, I thought things were going to get really tense once I told my mom, but she hasn't even hardly mentioned it since then. She obviously doesn't "accept" it, but it hasn't affected our relationship in the slightest. The only difference I've noticed is that she doesn't say mean things about gay couples on house hunters anymore. lol

Years
^ABC, its on youtube; a good majority of it. They don't just do stuff for Gay discrimination. Their is stuff against a lot of discrimination and crimes. Its very intresting. However, the show is one of those "feel" shows. You know what happens in each episode, and they rarley go into detail with the bad side. I only saw one bad thing, and that was part of the gay episode where they where in Alabama

Also, all. Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5egFXHJnQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
You all may like this speech

EDIT - Would like to publicly thank Pudz for helping me educate myself on an issue that I was misinformed through her personal experience. Thank you ^.^
Ah, I saw that video earlier and it just makes you so happy to see someone being understanding and human. I wish more people had gay relatives because that seems to be one of the strongest ways to get people to change their minds. Family is kind of amazing that way. I'm not even a family kind of person and that kind of story really touches me.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I'm so sorry for not being more active recently, I kind of gained this averson to the internet for a while (but I wont bother with the details).
Pudz you look so pretty! I know you've heard this already but I'm so suprised that much change could happen so quickly, its amazing. I feel a bit ignorant for assuming it was just a matter of taking the blockers and estrogen.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
For cross dressing anyone know how to not have facial hair show? Like I shave a lot and find its not the hair so much has dark patches on my face. It seems to be only where the hair grows and stays after shaving. I do have darker skin since I'm spanish but was wonder if its jsut me or if others have the issue.

Railgun

Years
To deal with really heavy shadow - and if you don't want to seek a permanent hair reduction solution - you want to get yourself a bright orange lipstick. I know, it sounds weird, but shadow is a blue and orange cancels blue. Put it on a sponge and blend it over the darker areas before you use anything else. Usually it's a nono to do concealer before foundation, but /trust me/ here. Do your foundation (liquid, of course) over the top, then make sure to use your powder afterward to get rid of the liquid concealer finish or else you'll look like you're wearing too much makeup. If you blended over your cheeks, make sure to use a nice blush or bronzer on your cheekbones to get some color back, and you should end up with a very lovely blended even tone all over with no trace of shadow.

Oh thanks was not sure what to do.

TwiDragon

Years
^Hey cutiepie <3 Love yas!

I'm planning on doing some crossdressing on Thursday. I'm very excited to do this! What makes it a bit special this time is that I have permission from my mom to borrow some of her unused clothing for this, and that I may be taking some pictures. I don't think I would be showing them off to any offline friend, but I think I'll share them with anyone who is curious.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do make-up, as I'm really horrid with it and need to learn more. I'll learn how to do it one day, but for now I'm not anywhere near an expert XD

If your curious in any images I present, let me know via PM. I'd be glad to share it with you, if you see you trustworthy!

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
For cross dressing anyone know how to not have facial hair show? Like I shave a lot and find its not the hair so much has dark patches on my face. It seems to be only where the hair grows and stays after shaving. I do have darker skin since I'm spanish but was wonder if its jsut me or if others have the issue.
... I would say waxing and then some light makeup should cover any texture or skin color issues. Not that I've ever crossdressed, waxed or used makeup, but... logically it makes sense?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Okay I have a question. I understand why a transgender person, someone who is mentally a different gender than the body he or she was born with, would desire to dress accordingly to the gender that he or she identifies with.

Why do some gay people desire to dress as a gender they do not identify with?
Also, do drag queens or anyone who puts on a comedic show whether it be on stage or among friends offend transgender people who are not putting on an act and do not dress to entertain or humor others? Not to mention, many people just assume from the actions above that transgender people are synonymous with cross-dressing/drag, does it, in a way, illegitimize transgender rights or acceptance by society as a serious issue? Lot's of questions/thoughts here, but overall, what are your thoughts?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I'm definitely not trans, but I'll admit that crossdressing is appealing to me. Can't really say why, though it is more of a sexual thing for me, not an issue of expression or comfort.

Perhaps it's simply a fetish? (Shut up, you know you have them too. lol :P)

As far as drag queens go, I don't really even know anything about them, so I really can't comment on that. lol

Last edited:

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Okay I have a question. I understand why a transgender person, someone who is mentally a different gender than the body he or she was born with, would desire to dress accordingly to the gender that he or she identifies with.

Also, do drag queens or anyone who puts on a comedic show whether it be on stage or among friends offend transgender people who are not putting on an act and do not dress to entertain or humor others? Not to mention, many people just assume from the actions above that transgender people are synonymous with cross-dressing/drag, does it, in a way, illegitimize transgender rights or acceptance by society as a serious issue? Lot's of questions/thoughts here, but overall, what are your thoughts?
I think any transitioner who is offended by other people under the transgender umbrella, is completely missing the point of the LGBT movement. Drag queens/kings and crossdressers . . . well, they have their own reasons. Some of them do identify non-gender-conformant and some of them are naturally far outside of gender boundaries even ignoring their crossdressing. I think being gay is really more incidental. Plenty of straight or bisexual men (and women) crossdress as well. Transvestic fetishists, often simply called transvestites (despite the fact that transvestite traditionally means crossdresser with no additional implications), are people who . . . well, people who have a fetish for crossdressing. xD If I'm not mistaken, transvestic fetishists are specifically classified as separate from the term "crossdresser".
Naturally, I agree with drag queen/king behaviour because I feel it mocks or minimises gender boundaries or shows how ridiculous some stereotypes are. Everyone has their own reasons for crossdressing, and there's nothing wrong with it to begin with so in my opinion you don't even need an excuse.

Railgun

Years
I think anyone can do it and its fine. I don't get offended but actual think its fine with anyone doing it. If I'm not mistaken there was a cross dresser who was in quote a few episodes of Pokemon a few years back and was my favorite character. I don't think it offends but rather helps.

TwiDragon

Years

Ok with the first question.
"Why do some gay people desire to dress as a gender they do not identify with". Well it all comes down to what they are attracted too. They are guys who like other guys. They don't need to have the fashion sense of a girl in order to be in love with the same gender. Most people I know who are crossdressers, or want to be apart of the lifestyle (such as myself) tend to be sexually attracted to a lot more than one gender. I'm obvioslsy not speaking for everyone, but for the most part, a lot of crossdressers live in bisexuality or some form where its close to it.

I've watched a few acts where a guy will dress up as a girl. There are people who will do it for show such as Gaga at the New York awards. There are people who crossdress on Halloween and for cosplay. The only thing that I don't really care for is when a guy trys to make himself not look like a girl, but make himself look a prostitute. I also have a friend who is an actual model that does drag on the side because she thinks its fun. I don't have a problem with. Most people who do drag shows on the side are actually not that bad at doing it. I say for the most part it doesn't get to me, just don't dress in a way thats insanely disrespectful in public eye.

Most people who crossdress for fun are really open in the LGBTS community. I don't think every single guy who though't it be funny to show off a bad costume is going to care that much. However you have people out there who do care. They have to respect the art that they are doing, and what that are really means for people. If you don't, then you shouldn't be doing it. People like my friend Shelby (the model), and Gaga have some big voices in the community. (Granted Shelby's is more local, while Gaga is global/countrywise).

The reasons why I crossdress, or at least am so excited to live it out is because of a few reasons. I felt really nice wearing girls clothing, it was fun. I was sexually attracted towards cross dressing, but I have a sexual attraction to both male and females. However, you don't have to identify with a certain sexuality in order to this. I'm sure that their are some crossdressers who still find attraction within their the opposite sex. I can't speak for them though, your going to need to find out why they do it on your own. With people who crossdress every know and then for acts, shows, or costume. I say let them have at it! A lot of people who do it for fun can be really pro-gay. Which is awesome! The only problem is when guys take it too far and act really stupid to it, or when it is being mocked on purpose.

I don't speak for everyone with my opinions, I speak for myself.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years

Is this specifically a gay person thing or something?

You know, plenty of straight females crossdress. It's possible for somebody who doesn't identify as the opposite gender to like wearing their clothes. It's just clothes in the end. While some of it is made specifically for one sex's 'features', some of it really isn't. It's just societal. Like dresses.

Years
I'm not personally offended by drag shows and the like, but they aren't something I'm interested in either. Camp really isn't my thing. I get that there's a whole satire element to it and that's what people who like it see and appreciate, but to me it's hard to see past the superficial stereotypes. Since even I have trouble with that I can see why and how a person who's not at all familiar with the gay or trans community would confuse the two. It is a bit of a subtle difference.

It's like if you don't know much about religion and think that Roman Catholics and Southern Baptists are basically the same thing, or if you confusing atheists and agnostics, or vegans and vegetarians, etc. etc. People in the know have no trouble, but everyone else struggles to understand.

As for cross dressing in general... well, if you're gay or otherwise not heterosexual you're already breaking some gender stereotypes so I'm sure there's less hesitation to break others if you feel so inclined. I bet there's just a curiosity element, too, for anyone.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Wow. Alot of interesting answers! I am not transgender nor am I interested in cross-dressing drag in recreational or sexual reasons. So, I thought I would ask some pointed questions from varying perspectives to get a bit of insight from those who actually are transgender or crossdress or sexually aroused by cross dressing. I actually overlooked the sexual attraction element to cross dressing, simply because I don't have any myself, haha. But, I think it's a lot of generalizations, but that is the only way you can really you can ask these questions. But I can see how it all depends on the situation, and the reaction may be mixed or indifferent, rather than positive or negative. Thanks for the interesting responses!

Back