• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If you started with Brawl, you don't really need to play Melee haha - Melee was a great game, but there's nothing you can do in that that you can't do in Brawl with better graphics and more characters :P

It's so trippy playing the N64 version now though; it felt so incredibly fast at the time but now it's like C'MON FOX MOVE!!!

Yeah, I love it too, but my disk scratched the other day and I can't play it anymore....

You must get a new one immediately! To the game store!

Shining Raichu

Years
It's a shame to have to waste your gift cards or birthday money on a game you already own, but Smash Bros is probably the only game that I would consider entirely worth it :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Definitely get Brawl, its so fun, I was thinking of getting it as well, Im sure its cheapish by now so it should be any problem :). TO THE GAME STORE!

But going from brawl/melee back to the n64 version you really are like.. wow when was this so slow, I swear it use to be much faster paced!

I think itd be cool if people made mods for it like player made characters and levels etc. what do you guys think?

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Luuuuuvs me some Smash Bros. ^_^
Sign me up, dude.

I'ma a Pikachu/Pit/Peach user, though, I used to be a Link, Jigglypuff and Gannondorf user too. Too bad Brawl changed their weights so I cant do much with them now. Le poo.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hiya. I'm back! So Since my last time commenting in this club, I actually got Brawl. My mains has been shuffled around like crazy though. Like I don't even use Fox anymore, and I use Falco/Wolf way more. Something you'll never see back the Melee.

But anyway, I played 2 matches online with my precious lover, Zelda. Yes, Raichu, I didn't say Peach this time Won both of them but the lag is a bit horrible but I managed. The 2nd game however, just proved to me enough that playing random people online is a bad idea. I will admit, I do not like losing. So I was playing them both as team battles, 2v2's. Second match, I happened to got paired up with a hack. With items off, my partner had Wario in his invincible cape and was just flying around shoving the other two off the map like crazy? What the fun in that? Excluding from that the other two who were using Game&Watch & Marth were just utterly horrible. I don't think they even noticed Wario was a hack either. So yeah..

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Is online actually any good though Sector? Or do you think its too laggy?

I wouldnt mind playing some Brawl online :P I think it would be epic fun! We could even possibly have a tourny with all the club members taking part in the tourny.

Shining Raichu

Years
I've heard from several people that it's so buggy it's almost unplayable. Also I wouldn't be able to play anyway, my Wii does not wifi :(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Is online actually any good though Sector? Or do you think its too laggy?

I wouldnt mind playing some Brawl online :P I think it would be epic fun! We could even possibly have a tourny with all the club members taking part in the tourny.
It was fun, but it was only the 2nd game that I actually came across a hacker with invincible Wario though. If I came across one that quickly, imagine how many times I would had came across another and such. It's a bit laggy though, thankfully I got experience with that from playing Halo and Battlefield in my Xbox days so I had way more of an advantage than the others though. Unfortunately they still played like nubs though, just saying xD
I've heard from several people that it's so buggy it's almost unplayable. Also I wouldn't be able to play anyway, my Wii does not wifi :(
Aww how come? :( But understandable. I'm still not going to play "With Anyone" ever again after what I just found out xD

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Donkey Kong is the best character in Smash. I have only now realized this and am regretting it fully.

This character is too much fun to use. This character!
Yeah, four "mains" in Brawl now: C.Falcon, DK, Olimar and Wario. Completely ditched Game & Watch, Yoshi and Luigi lol.
Really wanna learn and use Snake and Diddy Kong.
If you started with Brawl, you don't really need to play Melee haha - Melee was a great game, but there's nothing you can do in that that you can't do in Brawl with better graphics and more characters :P
Sorry gonna disagree with you completely on this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "Brawl isn't Melee so it's bad and you should feel bad for playing it" people, because I love Brawl. But there's no denying Melee and Brawl are two completely different beasts. (With Melee being the better one in terms of tactical and competitive play. Honestly I'd argue it's the better one in general.)

Gonna start off with the controls. Brawl feels so much floaty and slow-paced compared to Melee's extremely fast-paced and precise gaming, which makes a lot of people who are used to Melee so off. Let's not start on that supid random tripping mechanic.
Melee also had some mobility options that were taking off in Brawl, such as wave-dashing, L-Cancelling, moonwalking, etc etc. Characters like Captain Falcon suffer IMMENSELY from this, and the exact reason why he sucks in Brawl. (Not the damage/speed nerf.)

Melee is about extreme timing, reaction, and being completely precise. Brawl's new mechanics take that away where it's "wait for opening, then hit" which drags on because it's SO SLOW and SLUGGISH. Honestly Brawl is much more forgiving than Melee, and that's not necessarily a good thing, especially not in a fighting game.

Also, a lot of combo potentials were taken away in Brawl. In Melee there's so much you can be creative with in terms of combo abilities for characters, but in Brawl due to the new hit stuns, or lack thereof, it takes away a lot.

That's only the jest of it. There's a lot of different thing it's not worth comparing the two games. Obviously, with gameplay and advanced techniques, Melee wins by a lot, but if you're looking for content, Brawl is the way to go. This is coming from a guy who has more fun in Brawl, albeit only so slightly.

Anyway, new discussion: Namco Bandai is gonna be developing the next Smash game.
If you don't know about Bamco, here's something: They're the developers of two notable and great fighting games, Tekken and Soul Calibur. Also, Pac Man.
I LOVE Tekken so I'm actually so excited. Sakurai made a good choice letting them handle it. I hope we get to see Pac Man in this lol.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Well that's a bummer that it's bad online. I thought a tourney would have been fun but sounds like would be too painful to play.

Is there really that much difference between the speed on brawl and melee? I never played enough melee to be able to tell :S

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Anyway, new discussion: Namco Bandai is gonna be developing the next Smash game.
If you don't know about Bamco, here's something: They're the developers of two notable and great fighting games, Tekken and Soul Calibur. Also, Pac Man.
I LOVE Tekken so I'm actually so excited. Sakurai made a good choice letting them handle it. I hope we get to see Pac Man in this lol.
Everything you just explained the difference of Melee & Brawl are exactly correct. I have to basically let go of Fox just because his Speed is no longer there in Brawl. And Peach is a bit slower, but I feel she's perfect at her speed in Brawl for some reason. Wolf just makes Fox/Falco a bit overshadowed in this game. And not to mention Ganondorf has suffered lots of damage here, his punch takes even forever to get out and very dodge-able. I hope the next time they are able to combine all this with the fast pace Melee had, it'd be by far the perfect Smash Bros.

Anyway I saw on IGN about this. It's just that...that one name you just mention pretty much made it obvious who will be in it. Pac Man. He is part of Nintendo after all, right?
Well that's a bummer that it's bad online. I thought a tourney would have been fun but sounds like would be too painful to play.

Is there really that much difference between the speed on brawl and melee? I never played enough melee to be able to tell :S
You can play online. There are two choices. "Play with Anyone" or "Play with Friends." You need to exchange Friend Codes in order to play with your buddies, otherwise a tournament can be done with no problems. Except some may experience a little lag (Like for me, it delays my movements/attacks by a second and a half-ish) It really isn't all that bad. Playing "With Anyone" though, might and would be painful for certain when matched up with the wrong crowd. & Yes, unfortunately Melee is much more fast pace than Brawl. But Brawl has tougher opponents, they are a bit smarter than Melee's CPU for certain. Not to mention the Adventure Mode (Subspace Emissary) is amazing on Intense. And you can do quite a bit of 2 Player-Cooperative in this game too (Event Mode, Home Run Contest, Subspace Emissary, Multi-Man Melee, etc)

Like Spino mentioned, both games are beast in their own ways, but one will suit you better than the other more.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Everything you just explained the difference of Melee & Brawl are exactly correct. I have to basically let go of Fox just because his Speed is no longer there in Brawl. And Peach is a bit slower, but I feel she's perfect at her speed in Brawl for some reason. Wolf just makes Fox/Falco a bit overshadowed in this game. And not to mention Ganondorf has suffered lots of damage here, his punch takes even forever to get out and very dodge-able. I hope the next time they are able to combine all this with the fast pace Melee had, it'd be by far the perfect Smash Bros.

Anyway I saw on IGN about this. It's just that...that one name you just mention pretty much made it obvious who will be in it. Pac Man. He is part of Nintendo after all, right?

Fox certainly suffers a lot of from the mechanics of Brawl. Falco too, but not as much, and he has that stupid chain grab that makes above more than half of the characters. (Including Wolf)
The worst victims to the new mechanics are definitely Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, they're seriously near-useless in Brawl when compared to their glory in Melee.

Pac Man is a Namco character, not Nintendo. With Namco working on the next Smash, I thought the chances of Pac Man being in as a new 3rd party are pretty good, should we get another one.
If we do get him, then it's the best 3rd party line up ever:
Snake (Fantastic choice)
Sonic (Awesome choice)
Pac Man (Amazing choice)

Speaking of characters, I'm gonna bet these characters are getting in the next game:
Lil Mac (Punch-Out!!!)
Palutina (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Roy or Krom (Fire Emblem) (Maybe a new moveset for Roy?)
Ridley (Metroid)

Assuming they actually pay attention to Metroid this time @ Ridley lol. I'm pretty much OK if these are the characters that are actually the "newcomers". I personally do have characters that I wish are gonna be in tho:
Waluigi (I can see it happening but he's sadly not a good choice)
Black Shadow/Deathborn (F-Zero) (If Sakurai decides to ignore F-Zero's recent decline then I could see Black Shadow getting in. Deathborn is just wishful thinking)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) (If we do end up getting an F-Zero character, then Samurai Goroh is the best choice and I don't mind a single bit)
Hades or Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (They pretty much made that game for me so...)

I want Black Shadow/Deathborn, if they do get in, to get Ganondorf's moveset and then completely revamp Ganon and actually make him Ganon.
Speaking of character revamps...
I think there's a possibility that Luigi and Pit are gonna get a moveset revamp in which they can represent Luigi's Mansion and KI: Uprising.

As for stages I'm betting on:
Zelda: Skyward Sword stage
Pokemon B/W(2) stage (Dragonspiral tower or whatever?)
Donkey Kong Country Returns stage (I'm betting on a Delfino Plaza esque stage in which characters fight on a platform while moving around the game's DK Island. Tikis will be in the background cheering like in boss fights and the Tiki tower in the volcano will follow the platform just like how it follows DK in the level select screen.)
Kirby's Epic Yarn stage (too good to pass)
Wario Land (Seriously, we need a good Wario Land representation)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Galaxy
New Star Fox stage
New F-Zero stage
Metroid: Other M stage (haters haha)

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
I heard about that Namco thing a few days ago, and I was surprised that everybody seemed so annoyed about it. I love Tekken so much and I'm really excited for this too! The worry was that Namco hadn't done anything like this before so they might screw it up, but from what I've heard it will still be overseen by Sakurai and I doubt very much he'd let them do anything to harm the core formula of the game. So I'm not particularly worried.

As for your suggestions, I think they all sound good except for Roy. I quite liked Roy in Melee, but I just can't see them bringing back somebody once they've gotten rid of them. Also with Ike, who is arguably superior to Roy, as well as Marth, there's really no need for a third character which is essentially the same.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I heard about that Namco thing a few days ago, and I was surprised that everybody seemed so annoyed about it. I love Tekken so much and I'm really excited for this too! The worry was that Namco hadn't done anything like this before so they might screw it up, but from what I've heard it will still be overseen by Sakurai and I doubt very much he'd let them do anything to harm the core formula of the game. So I'm not particularly worried.
People worry the at they're like Capcom in which they milk DLCs for the game. But this is Namco, where every DLC for Tekken is free. Though Soul Calibur does have Dampierre which you have to buy. :\
Even though this isn't really the Tekken team (Harada is too busy with TTT2) I still wouldn't worry too much.

As for your suggestions, I think they all sound good except for Roy. I quite liked Roy in Melee, but I just can't see them bringing back somebody once they've gotten rid of them. Also with Ike, who is arguably superior to Roy, as well as Marth, there's really no need for a third character which is essentially the same.
Spoiler:

Dual swords.
DUAL SWORDS

We need a new moveset for him. And considering FE13's kind-of recent localization announcement, it makes sense to have another Fire Emblem rep.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Fox certainly suffers a lot of from the mechanics of Brawl. Falco too, but not as much, and he has that stupid chain grab that makes above more than half of the characters. (Including Wolf)
The worst victims to the new mechanics are definitely Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, they're seriously near-useless in Brawl when compared to their glory in Melee.

Pac Man is a Namco character, not Nintendo. With Namco working on the next Smash, I thought the chances of Pac Man being in as a new 3rd party are pretty good, should we get another one.
If we do get him, then it's the best 3rd party line up ever:
Snake (Fantastic choice)
Sonic (Awesome choice)
Pac Man (Amazing choice)

Speaking of characters, I'm gonna bet these characters are getting in the next game:
Lil Mac (Punch-Out!!!)
Palutina (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Roy or Krom (Fire Emblem) (Maybe a new moveset for Roy?)
Ridley (Metroid)

Assuming they actually pay attention to Metroid this time @ Ridley lol. I'm pretty much OK if these are the characters that are actually the "newcomers". I personally do have characters that I wish are gonna be in tho:
Waluigi (I can see it happening but he's sadly not a good choice)
Black Shadow/Deathborn (F-Zero) (If Sakurai decides to ignore F-Zero's recent decline then I could see Black Shadow getting in. Deathborn is just wishful thinking)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) (If we do end up getting an F-Zero character, then Samurai Goroh is the best choice and I don't mind a single bit)
Hades or Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (They pretty much made that game for me so...)

I want Black Shadow/Deathborn, if they do get in, to get Ganondorf's moveset and then completely revamp Ganon and actually make him Ganon.
Speaking of character revamps...
I think there's a possibility that Luigi and Pit are gonna get a moveset revamp in which they can represent Luigi's Mansion and KI: Uprising.

As for stages I'm betting on:
Zelda: Skyward Sword stage
Pokemon B/W(2) stage (Dragonspiral tower or whatever?)
Donkey Kong Country Returns stage (I'm betting on a Delfino Plaza esque stage in which characters fight on a platform while moving around the game's DK Island. Tikis will be in the background cheering like in boss fights and the Tiki tower in the volcano will follow the platform just like how it follows DK in the level select screen.)
Kirby's Epic Yarn stage (too good to pass)
Wario Land (Seriously, we need a good Wario Land representation)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Galaxy
New Star Fox stage
New F-Zero stage
Metroid: Other M stage (haters haha)
One of the stages from Star Fox Adventure would be flat out wonderful with the dinosaurs in the background. I'm disappointing they don't have that yet.

You're talking Ridley, the Dragon right? AKA the boss battle? Does he have a new form that I didn't catch in one of the newer games or something? Please tell!

I just want to see an addition of Krystal so badly, she would be a great new addition for certain and be my new main in a heartbeat. She's got a whole set of class to her moveset that could work! As for Pac Man, I know he's Namco, but he does have games FOR the Nintendo console, is what I'm referring to. So Pac Man would be a good option. As for your Fire Emblem Character, we need a female. Lyn would be awesome, I love her in the Assist Trophy and wish she was playable instead, OR my favorite Fire Emblem character could actually be...
Spoiler:

Honestly we just flat out need at least 4 Fire Emblem characters. 3 Guys & 1 Gal or 2 of both.

Also my best friend has been talking my ears off with this, he's saying Daisy, Peach's other half, would be another good addition. He's convinced me that she could add a whole new other set of moveset. Of course, she would have to take some of Peach's move, like the slap maybe. But Daisy would use her Soccer & Volleyball skills as move sets like how Peach does with her Golf Club/Tennis Racket/Pan. Peach should have Perry instead of her Umbrella from Super Princess Peach AND have 1 or 2 Mood abilities from there as well. With Daisy having some moves that could be taken out of other games like the Olympics or Mario Party franchise. Daisy's taunt would be way more outgoing than Peach's, like her jumping excitement in the Golf/Tennis for Gamecube would be one and another would be her Baby Daisy dance in Mario Kart Wii (if you hover over her and not select her yet). I mean, they don't have to HAVE the exact duplicate moves like Link and Young/Toon Link does, you know? They are after all, two completely different halves and Daisy could provide a whole new audience if they could set her moves up properly.

Also, Spino, as for your third party, I hear from possibly 95% of the SSB fans that they want Megaman. If the creators/developers does listen to the fans, he has a great shot also? Including to one of your options, Spyro would be a great choice also? At least replace him with ROB, that robot is pathetic, in my opinion. I don't like it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
One of the stages from Star Fox Adventure would be flat out wonderful with the dinosaurs in the background. I'm disappointing they don't have that yet.
I'd love an adventure stage, but sadly aren't the dinosaurs owned by Rare, who are part of Microsoft now? I don't know much about SF so...

You're talking Ridley, the Dragon right? AKA the boss battle? Does he have a new form that I didn't catch in one of the newer games or something? Please tell!
He's the main antagonist of the Metroid games and the leader of the space pirates. You could say he's a dragon, but he's actually an alien. He does have forms, like Meta Ridley (which is pretty much a cyborg version of him) and Omega Ridley (Phazon powered up).
Samus without Ridley is like Mario without Bowser, or Sonic without Eggman.
Speaking of Eggman, I kinda want him in.

I just want to see an addition of Krystal so badly, she would be a great new addition for certain and be my new main in a heartbeat. She's got a whole set of class to her moveset that could work! As for Pac Man, I know he's Namco, but he does have games FOR the Nintendo console, is what I'm referring to. So Pac Man would be a good option. As for your Fire Emblem Character, we need a female. Lyn would be awesome, I love her in the Assist Trophy and wish she was playable instead, OR my favorite Fire Emblem character could actually be...
Spoiler:

Honestly we just flat out need at least 4 Fire Emblem characters. 3 Guys & 1 Gal or 2 of both.
I dunno about Krystal, I think we already got enough SF characters. But I COMPLETELY forgot about Lyn. Yeah I definitely would like her in.
Though I don't know if she's in recent Fire Emblem games or not, so I dunno, I think that could play a big factor in her inclusion. 4 FE characters seems to much to the west despite the series' huge popularity in Japan.

Also my best friend has been talking my ears off with this, he's saying Daisy, Peach's other half, would be another good addition. He's convinced me that she could add a whole new other set of moveset. Of course, she would have to take some of Peach's move, like the slap maybe. But Daisy would use her Soccer & Volleyball skills as move sets like how Peach does with her Golf Club/Tennis Racket/Pan. Peach should have Perry instead of her Umbrella from Super Princess Peach AND have 1 or 2 Mood abilities from there as well. With Daisy having some moves that could be taken out of other games like the Olympics or Mario Party franchise. Daisy's taunt would be way more outgoing than Peach's, like her jumping excitement in the Golf/Tennis for Gamecube would be one and another would be her Baby Daisy dance in Mario Kart Wii (if you hover over her and not select her yet). I mean, they don't have to HAVE the exact duplicate moves like Link and Young/Toon Link does, you know? They are after all, two completely different halves and Daisy could provide a whole new audience if they could set her moves up properly.
Waluigi is a more popular character and stands out much more than Daisy. If you want a Mario sports representative then Waluigi fits more imo, because of his..."wackiness"

Also, Spino, as for your third party, I hear from possibly 95% of the SSB fans that they want Megaman. If the creators/developers does listen to the fans, he has a great shot also? Including to one of your options, Spyro would be a great choice also? At least replace him with ROB, that robot is pathetic, in my opinion. I don't like it.
I doubt Mega Man will be in, but who knows. This is Capcom we're talking about. He wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3 soo I wouldn't get my hopes up.
If Spyro is to be included in a Smash game, it'd be Playstation All-stars.
ROB isn't going anywhere either because it's a big figure in Nintendo's history. ;(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'd love an adventure stage, but sadly aren't the dinosaurs owned by Rare, who are part of Microsoft now? I don't know much about SF so...
I have no idea, but if that's the case then one of the maps from Star Fox Assault could work, unless they own that too?

[/quote]
He's the main antagonist of the Metroid games and the leader of the space pirates. You could say he's a dragon, but he's actually an alien. He does have forms, like Meta Ridley (which is pretty much a cyborg version of him) and Omega Ridley (Phazon powered up).
Samus without Ridley is like Mario without Bowser, or Sonic without Eggman.
Speaking of Eggman, I kinda want him in.
I know who Ridley is lol I just think he'd be to big of a character to play judging how big he is as a Boss Battle is. Which reminds me, I need to buy the only Metroid game I haven't played yet for the Wii Eggman is a good choice, then again we also have Shadow, who indeed, has a large fanbase there. Silver's cool but he doesn't get any spotlight sadly, anywhere, compare to the other two Sonic/Shadow, I mean

OH YEAH! I was also thinking of an idea of having Sonic and Tails switch out, kind of like how Pokemon Trainer does with his three Pokemon? I think that'd be the perfect classic way to do it. Or at least set them up the way Ice Climbers are?

I dunno about Krystal, I think we already got enough SF characters. But I COMPLETELY forgot about Lyn. Yeah I definitely would like her in.
Though I don't know if she's in recent Fire Emblem games or not, so I dunno, I think that could play a big factor in her inclusion. 4 FE characters seems to much to the west despite the series' huge popularity in Japan.
This is all making me want to create my own games in the future and doing it the proper way, so everyone can get what they want xD Krystal will provide a whole new set of moveset due to her Rod from Star Fox Adventure, what it can do is quite amusing. She won't even need a blaster or a deflector at all, the ones Fox/Falco/Wolf have. The Rod would be her personal strength that helped guided Fox through Star Fox Adventure on numerous occasion.

Unfortunately I think Lyn has only been in a Gameboy Advance game, Rekke no Ken and recently a part of a DLC for a 3DS game, Kakusei's DLC. So I say she had been used fairly recently. Marth is a must stay, and Lyn would be the perfect newcomer, but as a third I guess if that's how we want it, Ike vs Roy would be hard to choose. I'd say Roy if the next SSB game has that speed/competitiveness again, if not, stick with Ike or bring Soath in?
Waluigi is a more popular character and stands out much more than Daisy. If you want a Mario sports representative then Waluigi fits more imo, because of his..."wackiness"
Like Lyn, they ARE Assist Trophies in Brawl and can work. Does that mean Waluigi, if he does get his fit in, will also have a Tennis Racket? but who really likes Waluigi these days? I personally hate him as a diehard/hardcore Mario Bros player.
I doubt Mega Man will be in, but who knows. This is Capcom we're talking about. He wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3 soo I wouldn't get my hopes up.
If Spyro is to be included in a Smash game, it'd be Playstation All-stars.
ROB isn't going anywhere either because it's a big figure in Nintendo's history. ;(
Never know, Spyro could be in both :P But yeah, ROB needs to die. It's not even cool. :(

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I know who Ridley is lol I just think he'd be to big of a character to play judging how big he is as a Boss Battle is. Which reminds me, I need to buy the only Metroid game I haven't played yet for the Wii
Nah I they can just change the size. They did that with Olimar/Pikmins and Bowser, so why not Ridley? Wasn't Ridley the same size as Samus in the original as well? (Though I think that has to do with the game's limited size or something)
Eggman is a good choice, then again we also have Shadow, who indeed, has a large fanbase there. Silver's cool but he doesn't get any spotlight sadly, anywhere, compare to the other two Sonic/Shadow, I mean
I'd rather not have either poochie the hedgehogs. Eggman is more iconic and has appeared in every single Sonic game so far. Not to mention both Shadow and Silver haven't been very relevant lately. (Absent in Sonic Unleashed and Colors and being just random rival battle in Generations compared to Eggman being pretty much the main villain again of those games.)

OH YEAH! I was also thinking of an idea of having Sonic and Tails switch out, kind of like how Pokemon Trainer does with his three Pokemon? I think that'd be the perfect classic way to do it. Or at least set them up the way Ice Climbers are?
That reminds me of Sonic Heroes a lot. And I loved Heroes.
But Sonic plays more like his classic iteration. Hey who knows, they could make Knuckles play the same as the classic games too. (Tails wasn't playable except for like that one spin-off iirc.)

Unfortunately I think Lyn has only been in a Gameboy Advance game, Rekke no Ken and recently a part of a DLC for a 3DS game, Kakusei's DLC. So I say she had been used fairly recently. Marth is a must stay, and Lyn would be the perfect newcomer, but as a third I guess if that's how we want it, Ike vs Roy would be hard to choose. I'd say Roy if the next SSB game has that speed/competitiveness again, if not, stick with Ike or bring Soath in?
I think the DLC is good enough if you ask me. I want Roy, who also appeared for the DLC, to come back but with a new moveset. I doubt Ike will leave since he's the main dude for the localized Fire Emblem games.

Like Lyn, they ARE Assist Trophies in Brawl and can work. Does that mean Waluigi, if he does get his fit in, will also have a Tennis Racket? but who really likes Waluigi these days? I personally hate him as a diehard/hardcore Mario Bros player.

Never know, Spyro could be in both :P But yeah, ROB needs to die. It's not even cool. :(
Waluigi actually has a big fanbase. Sakurai posted a japanese magazine of character rankings for characters who appeared in Nintendo console and Waluigi was like 16th place? As a Mario fan as well who enjoys every single Mario game I played (except NSMB Wii but mostly because I thought it was slow and easy compared to DKCR), Waluigi is actually my favorite plumber and one of my favorite characters in general, right behind King Boo and DK (if you wanna count him). Then again I'm a dude who likes weird characters like Metal Mario. (Main in MK7 lol) I don't think that'll change the fact that he would be a bad choice for the game, but I'll definitely have a guilty pleasure if he does get in.
Also I think it'd be criminal for Waluigi to NOT have a sports-based moveset.

I like ROB.
Also if Lil Mac gets in then Glass Joe should too, and he should be a horrible clone of him. That's a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back