• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chandelure in Pokken

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Following the announcement last week of a new character with the ラ character in its Japanese name, it has been confirmed that Chandelure is to be the next playable Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament. The trailer of Chandelure is said to debut at a special fighting competition on January 31st 2016 so be sure to check back for that
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/chandelure_will_be_the_next_pokken_tournament_fighter

It'll be interesting to see how it fights!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Looking back from the information last week regarding the mystery Pokémon fighter who turned out to be Chandelure:

50 staff members attempted to predict the Pokemon and their reactions were polled after knowing the result. Here are the results of that:

– My prediction is correct! I'm really happy! – 1
– My prediction missed, but I'm still glad – 13
– My prediction missed, I'm salty – 31
– I'm actually perplexed, so I can't answer – 5
The results weren't kidding. Literally everyone and their mom were expecting Swampert and the occasional Heracross, but Chandelure was a complete left field Pokémon, considering that it was already deconfirmed when it appeared as a background Pokémon at the haunted house stage.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
....Ba-gwah? Chandel-.... But.. Huh? ~_~{XD} ..I need to take some time to process this.. I was browsing past the Pokken Tournament TVTropes character page and randomly saw Chandelure.. I thought that it was a joke; then realized that it was probably January 15, 2016 in Japan!

I was totally anticipating Swampert..! :t260: The light-blue question mark and the Hoenn starter Pokemon comrades and everything! {D:} I hope that Chandelure fights decently and isn't just some "joke character".. Namco-Bandai Games, please don't be bogus towards Swampert; just 2 out of 3 Hoenn starter Pokemon will just look so not right.. -.- And a background Pokemon at that; a bit surprising!

So that is 4 Fire-type Pokemon now? (Charizard, Blaziken, Braixen, and now Chandelure) Wow..I'm all for playing with fire in terms of Pokemon choice, but there are other types that need representation... I hope that there will still be room on the roster for Greninja (by virtue of being included in Super Smash Bros.), Swampert (because ZOMG-patterns/counterparts!), Hawlucha (MUCHA LUCHA - it's a way of life! GIGANTE!), Hariyama (because SUMOS!), Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop (with the 3 aforementioned being the 3 pioneer Fighting-type Pokemon aside from Machamp), Blastoise, and Venusaur (with the 2 aforementioned being the other 2 Kanto starter Pokemon that helped in making Pokemon what it is today). And I guess Jigglypuff, so that Pokken and Super Smash Bros. can share roster cred. {:3}

Last edited:

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
There is no greater hype than seeing your favorite Pokemon being confirmed for Pokken.

Absolutely stoked to see Chandy in this game, and I can't wait to see how it fights.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Wait...

Gimme a sec...

YES

ALL MY FUCKING YES.

Now I'm hyped for this game.

Years
I have to admit, Chandelure was a very unexpected choice for this game but like the others said, it'll be interesting to see how it'll fight. But you know, it's one of my fave 5th Gen Pokemon so I'm pleased it made it into the playable roster.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Also something to note, the complaints about Chandelure's inclusion is that Pokken has too many Fire types in the current roster, which reminds me of the complaints about Super Smash Bros. 4 having too many Fire Emblem characters in its roster.

Years
And on a more off-topic related note, the international release date for Pokken Tournament has been announced. It'll be out in North America, Australia and Europe simultaneously on March 18th.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
tumblr_n3djpgCD2q1ttdkobo3_400.gif

Am I the only one who's incredibly excited about this? :(

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Needless to say, I never expected this, either. I'm not upset at all, though; it's an unusual, yet neat surprise to see Chandelure in Pokkén. The Litwick family has among my favorite of Gen V designs. I think it'll be interesting to see how they make Chandelure work for this game; these kinds of games just seem to always have ways of making the most odd and out-of-place characters feel at home in them, like Duck Hunt in Smash Bros. 4. I also think this'll be a nice opportunity for Chandelure to gain some big recognition. And, in the end, even if it's a Pokémon I don't plan to play as, I always enjoy the seeing the extremely detailed Pokémon models in the game and artwork, it's gorgeous. Makes me wonder if a Wii U Collosseum/Stadium-type game would use those models.

Spoiler:

And, with the surprising reveal, we've received confirmation that already being a background Pokémon doesn't rule out that Pokémon in question for also being a fighter.

I'm still hoping for an Eeveelution fighter, mostly Sylveon and Leafeon. Though, there's a problem in that both are known to not really like fighting at all, and Leafeon isn't nearly the most popular Eeveelution. Whichever Eeveelution we do get, if any, I'll be happy. Curious that those are among the most popular and most marketed mons, yet the only appearance of them is Eevee being a support. I'm pretty sure we'll have an Eeveelution fighter somewhere down the road, the only question is who and when.

Am I the only one who's incredibly excited about this? :(
Look up about 8ish posts above you :P

Years
Oh my gooooooooosh!!! Chandelure! Hehe now I know how my brother felt when Greninja got confirmed for Smash Bros. (Greninja is his fave, Chandelure is mine!)

This is so awesome!

Years
And on a more off-topic related note, the international release date for Pokken Tournament has been announced. It'll be out in North America, Australia and Europe simultaneously on March 18th.

Correction: Australia will be getting the game on March 19th. Yes, unfortunately my region is last again, just like with the SMD release being a day after Europe.

Back