• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

myokan

Developer
Years
  • Age 22
  • US
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Great hack! The Silvertone Slums or whatever they're called seem impossible to get through. I think you should have it least changed the OW of ID though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
While I haven't played altogether many hacks, this one is my absolute favorite by far. It's the only hack I've come across that is heavily based around what appears to be developing into a deep and very gripping story. I loved the cliffhanger even though it was spoiled because I read too much of this thread. :( There were some parts of it that I thought were a little forced like the fact that the main character is suddenly a robot and the deal with timeless grove, but I won't be too critical because I know you've already completed the story. I would just recommend maybe lengthening the opening a little. I don't know how intensive that would be but I don't think it would be too hard to add a few more lines of dialogue and maybe make the run through the base just a little longer. It just felt really fast with the 'leg-enhancements'.

As far as game mechanics go, there was only one thing that I felt was somewhat annoying and that was how hard it was to find the second exit to the Silvertone Sewers with so many doors. There were also a lot of trainer battles down there, perhaps a few too many.

The only other thing I might suggest is perhaps modifying the starters a little more. To be honest, with the exception of Ralts, I found them to be rather off-putting. Changing the stats and some of the moves was nice, but I think you might even be able to take it farther. For example, you could give Ralts moves like Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Disable, Psywave, Confuse Ray, Recover, or Mist Ball. You could give Seedot/Nuzleaf moves like Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Detect, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Spore or Beat Up. Machop only has normal and fighting type moves so you could try things like Rock Tomb, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, or Outrage. I also thought Pound would be more appropriate than Tackle for Ralts but whatever.

I like coming up with interesting and surprising movesets for pokemon, but those are really just ideas that I thought I might share if you wanted to steal some of them or use them to help think of some movesets of your own, or not. I don't want to get in the way of whatever direction you're taking this hack.

Fezao4

Hi
Years
Wow...Really nice Story Line.
So we need to Identity persons right?No we dont need...
Well...I started whit an Ralts Because I wanted Gardevoir or Gallade.Aster Started with an Seedot!Who Started with Machop.....I think the Mysterious Girl....Whit Erika s Sprite.I think she s naame is the sister name or Erika(The Original name).

Last edited:

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
The mysterious woman is someone's sister and YOU chose the name at the beginning of the gameplay. I don't remember all the deails because it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite hack of all time.

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
The mysterious woman is someone's sister and YOU chose the name at the beginning of the gameplay. I don't remember all the deails because it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite hack of all time.

No, the woman is not ID's sister, or at least we do not know yet. We do not get to name her; in fact, she has no name other than "Mysterious Woman". The actual sister we name in the intro is not involved at any point of the game, except the blackout (if I remember). Just wanted to clarify.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I didn't want to do this but each day that passes convinces me more and more. After 2 months of not being able to work on it, its clear that I cannot keep up with the time and energy required to make significant progress on this hack anytime soon. Therefore, I've decided to suspend this hack for now. When the time comes where I find that I have enough free time to make a good amount of progress on this hack, I will try to get as much done as possible.

But in secret.

If it turns out I REALLY cannot finish the hack, I'll convert all of the in-game dialogue and events into a short novel and post it in the Fan Fic and Writing forum, so the full story will be revealed one way or another.

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
....:'(

There is nothing more to say. If this game ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfortunately take over. But it will not be the same. It never is. I hope that you will find all the free time you require.

Cheering for you and Id!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
....:'(

There is nothing more to say. If this game ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfortunately take over. But it will not be the same. It never is. I hope that you will find all the free time you require.

Cheering for you and Id!

I don't think a fan will take over. a) No one ever took over ShinyGold, b) we have very good staff in Emulation and I don't think they'd allow a random person to just take over someone else's hack that they've worked their ass off for.

But yeah, hope you find more time to work on this, VGAura. It was, imho, one of the best hacks around. :(

Back