• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2013

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm sure people would feel at ease once I got online :)

Honest

Hi!
Years
I mean to say that, Twi, that not many people might be comfortable with voice chatting. =P

But of course, all we have to wait for is PC's own Harlequin to take the stage, er, mic!

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Lololol. That's why I said that it'd take at least max 6-8 people to muster up the courage to talk. Because if those people would talk, then everyone else would get into it and start talking as well, of course as hosts we'll have to partake in the voice chatting as well, to promote it among the group, aka that's where [Supporter]Harley[/Supporter] comes in and Grace us with his Blunt and to the point wits and charm~

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'd like to see a Design-a-Pokémon contest (or create a Pokémon, whatever doo-hickey you please to call it) again this year. The past few design a Pokémon contests were fairly successful and fun. I'd be up for hosting that again too if no one wants to since I have a lot of ideas for it after last year's. Still, just a suggestion :p

Years
The thing with voice chatting is that you'd need at least a few people to voluntarily talk, but in this case where there is going to be a mass group, it'd take at least max 6-8 people to muster up the courage to voice chat and keep it going.

But we'll come up with something once the planning gets going. :>
I don't see why people wouldn't be comfortable talking if they have a mic .-.

So when does the planning phase start?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Agreeing with the above regarding skype and people who are shy to talk in voice. Surely you need about 4-6 people to start a convo. But optionally, 1-2 of them have to be the hosts. xD

But then like, voice chatting is optional on skype. there's always IM for those who want to join the event but don't have a mic.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Is it just me, or does it look like not a whole lot of people are intrested in this years GT?

Usually we'd have 2-3 times the events by now and a lot more pages in this topic.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A good chunk of events have been suggested but the OP hasn't been updated yet.

Although I must agree, usually we're supposed to have 100 events suggested by now and we're supposed to be in the planning stages. NOT THAT I'M RUSHING OR ANYTHING. Like... it's understandable.

Has anyone suggested singing contest yet? I think I might be up for it as a participant. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah last year there was tons of pages by now full of events suggestions by now. Though last year was because it's was PCX so we had many people come back for the 10th anniversary. I'm hoping we get more suggestions as the GT gets closer.

Singing content sounds fun.

MaGiiCz

Pokemon Lover
Years
I think i can Host a Art Drawing Contest =P Various Members participate by making an Original Drawing and then i rate them =P

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Based on what time of the year it is right now, most people are busy with school/college/uni ---exams and finals...and some are on vacation. But as [Supporter]Megan[/Supporter] said, it's understandable, so we should be getting more people on board once they've finished with schooling and studying and the what not. Although even though I don't mind waiting around, I would like to get the planning started, 2 and a half weeks are going to go by fast and we need all the time we can get to plan and organize our events, but like I said, I don't mind the waiting around. :)

Years
I at least agree on getting planning started as soon as possible, especially for events that have already been settled with its hosts, that way the events aren't rushed.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
I would also like to help out with the retro gaming event. me, jnathan, and delta.

Years
I'd really like to see some Pokemon X and Y related events. I think PC could use X and Y to promote this year's get together as a pervasive theme.

For example, the design a Pokemon event could challenge participants to design a fairy type Pokemon, a ride-able Pokemon, or some other pertinent theme. Likewise, in the creation of a story-line event, there could be a prompt to write the story-line for the X and Y game or something more nuanced to X and Y. Even if the event has nothing to do with Pokemon, we can still tie in events like the Skype Event by promoting the connectivity of X and Y as explained at the E3 Round Table.

Activity on the site has spiked recently because of the X and Y discussions, why not try to use that as the connective thread? Just a thought.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
For example, the design a Pokemon event could challenge participants to design a fairy type Pokemon, a ride-able Pokemon, or some other pertinent theme.
This is actually one of the ideas that I'm planning to implement if ever I get to be the host of the design a Pokémon contest (and if they approve of the design a Pokémon contest).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd love to see a Yugioh tournament (either Duelling Network or YGOPro) being held for the GT, if that appeals to people? I was thinking either Match or Tag games, or possibly both depending on demand. I'd be more than happy to host it if people are interested enough to take part, but the big YGO fan base on here bodes well I think :)

(There may also be a potential ban on the T1 decks at the moment like ED/Prophecy which completely unbalance the game for other decks, but we'll base that on opinion)

Sorry but was there ever a yes or no to this? (And the majority of the other ideas in this thread?) We'd like to know whether or not we should start planning it since it's getting pretty close to the date. We've already started a tad but we'd hate for it to all be in vain, as I'm sure other people have been thinking too :p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sorry but was there ever a yes or no to this? (And the majority of the other ideas in this thread?) We'd like to know whether or not we should start planning it since it's getting pretty close to the date. We've already started a tad but we'd hate for it to all be in vain, as I'm sure other people have been thinking too :p

Hopefully (most likely) I'll be getting confirmation from TwilightBlade to post all the approved events. Trust me, we're literally on the brink of the beginning stages of actual planning, so don't worry!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'd like to host Design a 6th a Gen Pokemon please!

Or co-host anything else. I've never been chosen to help with one of these things :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
We're in the process of approving suggested events through a voting basis. Then, we approve volunteers in a similar manner. Planning starts when this suggestion/volunteer period ends June 21st 11:59PM EST (less than 60 hours to go). I agree that the sooner, the better. Stay tuned, there will be puppies.

What I can say is that Movie Night does not have a host now (Antemortem can't host it) and Pokemon Anime Movie Night is still looking for a co-host.

Back