• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
Have you saved correctly the file in the hexeditor?
If you use HexEditorMX, you must do Save As -> Name of original file -> overwrite

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Do you mean the same background?

Well, I think that they aren't exactly pointers, 'cause pound's pointer is 346F1C08, but in Attack Editor it is typed as 1C6F34... By the way, i replaced this pound's "pointer" with karate chop's pointer (1CFCEA), but when I opened the game to see the change, pound still had its originally animation... Nothing changed... As you said I checked and changes was still there... I'm just at the beginning and this hack is already making me crazy!

Thank you, for real! :) I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I just want to learn step by step how to do decently an hack! :)

I mean the exact same animation. Wait, it wasn't sky uppercut, for that one, but I know they exist:p

Pointers are a fun little things. In a hex editor they look like CZ BY AX 08, but regularly they are AX BY CZ. It should be working, as you do have pointers, so I don't quite understand why it wouldn't. Try opening up a hex editor and doing it manually.

Im hacking pokemon emerald. How do i make a new evolution stone.

I have made a tutorial for this, and I am going to submit it today, here is my raw tutorial that I just finished on Word.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1UEZ...GtUh9vzCOZqGX6PJXZiICDRR7lM_/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
How do you test specific maps? If I edit one map is there an easy way to jump to it for testing?

From what I have heard, a save editor for gba is close to impossible because the save file is split up into 16 blocks and shifted around.

Testing question? I don't know what you are talking about... Sorry.

That is a way of doing, but it isn't truly forms and you would have to remove another Pokemon from your game in order to add in said form. Unless you know how to extend the pokedex.....

For making both deoxys battle you, (this was a much earlier question I neglected) yes you could have them both come down and battle you. Just have two sprites hidden on screen, then show one, have it move in on you, battle, and disappear. Then do the same with the second one.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.

karatekid552

Years
I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.

Just search for adding Pokemon.

You can do it fairly self-explanatory by using YAPE and Wichu's Sprite Editor. You just need to replace an old Pokemon you don't like. You can get the stats from Bulbapedia and gen IV sprites are complete in Chaos Rush's DS styled 64x64 sprite resource.

The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.

karatekid552

Years
Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.

For those, just replace three crappy Pokemon and use the pokedex order tool in PGE to reorder the pokedex. There are plenty of, "What was Game Freak thinking?!?" Pokemon to get rid of:D

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?

karatekid552

Years
do you have a link to them?

Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Patcience.... Lots and lots of it. I use GIMP and what I do is shrink the image down to an appropriate size, then make corrections until it looks good.

I believe Chaos draws many of them from scratch, though it takes some true talent to do that, I could never get a sprite to look remotely good from scratch.

Edit: Chaos, if you see this, I am not kissing up to you. I dunno how I made it on as I can't draw to save my life, so I do mean it.

How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?

Just to say, I didn't ignore you earlier, I just don't know. There is a thread around here somewhere dealing with removing the intro. If you go back a bunch of pages in this thread, someone asked about removing the intro and got a bunch of links. (December, maybe? I know if happened, or was it the Script help thread... It's in one of them:D) Some of them might be useful.

You could also make it a choice between two guys, that would be the easiest.

Last edited:

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
in fire red what is it that keeps your pokes from evolving into gen 2 pokemon? I would like to allow users to catch and raise gen 2 pokemon as starters (a catch your own starter instead of taking the 3 choices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back