• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Get-Together Pixel Art Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
Years
GetTogetherLogo.png
PC Get-Together '09 Pixel Art Event
Welcome to the PC Get-Together '09 Pixel Art Event! We're so glad you decided to join in the fun and make a pixel art creation for this event! You may be asking some questions, so...

What is the Pixel Art Event?
The pixel art event is a chance for PC's talented pixel artists to get together (no pun intended) and each individually create a pixel art picture to get a chance to win a wonderful prize!

Why have a pixel art event?
Myself and the other hosts have recognized the amazing pixel art made by the members of PC. Come on over and show everyone what you can create!
Contest Info Booth
Rules!
Okay, with every contest, there are some rules. Follow these simple rules and you'll be all set!
1. No cheating, lying or stealing. Your submission must be YOUR creation.
2. No bribes. You cannot bribe myself, the other hosts, or a staff member.
3. Keep it clean, and related to the topic. No inappropriate content, and it needs to stay related to the provided topic.
4. Do NOT make another member forfeit.It's rude, and cheating, which applies to rule 1.
5. Enjoy the event! We will in no way force you to stay in this event. You may drop out at any time.

Alright... now that the boring stuff is over, let's get to the event!

Hosts
The contest will be hosted by: Santaria, Alice., Fox♠, Kenji~, and Chibi Robo. For any help or additional information, feel free to PM me or any of the other hosts.

Theme
Your submission is required to fit into either of these two themes:
1. Fall. In other words, an autumn theme that can range anywhere from leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins, halloween, etc.
2. PokéCommunity. This can range anywhere between a scene of you and your friends here at PC, something resembling the PC logo, etc.

Requirements
1. Your creation must be NO LARGER than 180 x 180.
2. It must fit a theme of either PC or Fall.
3. It must follow all rules.

Prizes!
]Alright, here comes the fun part; the prizes! Not only will the first and second place winners receive an emblem, but every participant will! That means that just by joining and submitting, regardless whether you win or not, you get an emblem! The winners will get their prize emblem and the participant emblem.
Conclusion
Thank you for joining our event! We're sure it'll be fun filled and exciting. I'm full of anticipation to see your submissions!
~Santaria

Thread design by Hiroshi Sotomura

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Can we enter in both categories?

bannedsteve.png

(Think before you poke >:D)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
lol! i pic by me. looks like a 5 year-old's pic. even I dont know what those effects are....
For the Glory of the Event!
here it is:

dont tell me it sucks downright or whatever. i know it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Took me a while, but here's my entry~ Hope you like it! ^^

picture.php

EDIT: Just incase you can't see it via PC's image host, I've uploaded it to Photobucket. Here's the same picture. Just a precaution~
ForPixelArtCompetition.png

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Pixel art is art created on the computer, It doesn't have to be pixely.....

I just took a tooth out from face palming over this.
Digital art is created via a computer, Pixelart is a sub form of digital art, it has it's own rules, styles and limitations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art#Definition
You didn't create your image pixel by pixel, you've clearly used invalid tools etc. Most of the entries aren;t even remotely pixel art related.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
It kinda sucks but still creative.
pIXEL.jpg
Basically drawing on ms paint
DISQUALIFIED

I know it sucks :P
Untitled1.png
This is just Image manipulation
DISQUALIFIED

Can we enter in both categories?

bannedsteve.png

(Think before you poke >:D)

This would be a bit more "acceptable" as graphics but not as pixel art sorry but
DISQUALIFIED

picture is in my sig, i cant post images
Well you have to get 15 posts first and your entry isnt really pixel art basically just drawing on ms paint :/
DISQUALIFIED

lol! i pic by me. looks like a 5 year-old's pic. even I dont know what those effects are....
For the Glory of the Event!
here it is:

dont tell me it sucks downright or whatever. i know it!

Looks like you used some kind of brush to do those clouds I dont know what you did with the outline either and again looks like you just drew on ms paint Not pixel art
DISQUALIFIED

Now please follow the rules for the rest of you

mockingod

Super Mario World Hacker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
I heard you need 15 posts to post pics so can I just post this message until I get 15 posts? thats Ok Right?

I heard you need 15 posts to post pics so can I just post this message until I get 15 posts? thats Ok Right?

Last edited:

mockingod

Super Mario World Hacker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
....Thats my Pixel Art... (it sucks)

lol I wasted my time
:t143:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Digital art is created via a computer, Pixelart is a sub form of digital art, it has it's own rules, styles and limitations.
Im guessing Nobody read this :/

....Thats my Pixel Art... (it sucks)

lol I wasted my time
:t143:
moz-screenshot-25.jpg

attachment.php
Like Fox said This is not digital art competition its a pixel art competition
DISQUALIFIED

I only did it for fun xD
Its not really that good
comp.png

Like Fox said This is not digital art competition its a pixel art competition
DISQUALIFIED

If you are confused what "PIXEL ART" Is please go to this link
Pixel Art Defination

Now please follow the rules I dont wanna disqualify any more entries but I will If I have to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back