• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
True, but remember Starter final evolution leak ? They were ripped as poor Photoshops too.
While i am hoping the scan to be fake, i think people may have to think about it a little more.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think we're necessarily getting formes due to how that image was designed. It would just seem like way too much attention on Mewtwo if it has a Gen 5 event then new formes in Gen 6. :/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
True, but remember Starter final evolution leak ? They were ripped as poor Photoshops too.
While i am hoping the scan to be fake, i think people may have to think about it a little more.
Pardon? You have some sauce (sources) for this one?

I don't think we're necessarily getting formes due to how that image was designed. It would just seem like way too much attention on Mewtwo if it has a Gen 5 event then new formes in Gen 6. :/
Maybe, but hey, it's one more Mewtwo to import post-E4 for that purpose.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
That baby Drowzee just looks believable! Whoever drew this is a master!
But the in-game sprite is just fake. I like the idea of a new baby Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I went to that site last night and thought it was interesting how it has two empty shapes under Mewtwo. At first I thought it may be Mew and a new Pokémon but then I noticed that Genesect's had it's different Drive "formes" below it. So it's possible it may be getting new formes...who knows if they'll have any impact on any of it's stats (like Deoxys), or if it'll have an impact on one of it's moves (Genesect), or if they'll be purely new looks with no real changes (Keldeo).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
The Genesect/Mewtwo image, assuming the hexagons below Mewtwo actually mean something, I think it could have Mew in one of those hexagons because, after all, Mewtwo was made from Mew.

Years
That's still an option as Mew is sort of a form of it...it's original not mutated form.

Btw if that Hypno pre-evolution is real I believe that'll make it the fastest, non bug Pokémon to evolve into it's final stage out of the three stage line.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Well, Serebii forums is calling the Drowzee pre-evo fake so that's what I'm believing. Not the mention the top part of that baby stole Jigglypuff's hair and ears which makes it less believable to me.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
No, that scan looked horribly Photoshopped.

Cyclone

THis argument is invalid(if you are talking about it being the same as the first poster). Look here:

kyurem-vs-the-sacred-swordsman-keldeo-japanese-poster.jpg

http://gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/keldeo-poster-2.png this won't post but click the link and see the simple difference.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Pardon? You have some sauce (sources) for this one?

Maybe, but hey, it's one more Mewtwo to import post-E4 for that purpose.

Cyclone

I meant the Unova starters final evolution leak. Everyone ripped them off as bad photoshops and even presented very convincing proofs but we know how that tuned out. You probably weren't here.

Also, the two posters above are identical and yet both are official. We'll have to see.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I also saw the starter's full set of evolutions on youtube before they were released. As for the posters they put down the only arguement people have on this mewtwo poster so that makes it seem real even if some find ti stupid. We have all seen some stupid things with pokemon though( cough parchioruso getting wings and being called a completly different and unrelated pokemon cough) so it come very well come true plus those empty spaces are supicious on the first poster.

Years
You're talking about Unova's starters right? (kind of confusing considering all the starters we've had lol).
Those two spaces are from the site...which considering it's on an official site they must mean something...
However if Mewtwo is reappearing with a new forme I want Deoxys to get another forme... one that's is more balanced yet stronger than it's Normal forme, Mew should also get one later on. Hmm funny how the last odd generation regional Pokémon have thus far had a Dna/gene theme (Mew, Deoxys, Genesect).

blue

gucci
Years
If there is a new Mewtwo forme in the way, I just hope they do it justice.. I would hate for them to ruin such a respected and well designed Pokemon after so many years.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont like that Game Freak may be resorting to new formes to make old Pokemon relevant. It seems a lame way to go about it. I honestly dont think Mewtwo needs a new forme at all, I cannot however say Im surprised if this does turn out to be true.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I dont like that Game Freak may be resorting to new formes to make old Pokemon relevant. It seems a lame way to go about it. I honestly dont think Mewtwo needs a new forme at all, I cannot however say Im surprised if this does turn out to be true.
Unown ! & ? and Spiky-eared Pichu say hi.

The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count) or greatly messing with their stats so much making it far from its original tier ranking or losing its iconic features. But I do agree it seems a little odd to possibly giving Mewtwo a new form since Mewtwo has been Uber tier in every generation (plus it finally got its own signature move in Generation V). But I like that rumored form's design so I wouldn't mind if it's real.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My guess is that Mewtwo's new formes maybe similar to Deoxys' gimmick. One forme made soley for physical power (ala typical DBZ villain), and another forme made soley for speed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Slightly moving away from the Mewtwo form for a sec for something else. I'm just hoping Keldeo in Gen VI will get a boost on it's Resolute Form like the boost Rotom got in Gen V. I mean, Game Freak did a lot of promoting/hyping for a B2W2 exclusive form that did absolutely jack squat for anyone which was a terrible idea.

Years
I feel impatient for Saturday to come already...that way we can know if those "Graphics" represent something.
I also hope that it'll get a boost, it's just sad that it didn't. I feel that it should've faster than it's normal Keldeo forme. Also Rotom's formes only got typing changes in gen V, the boosts were present in gen IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back