• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Even more new Formes?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm actually excited to see this. Yes, the amount of new forms they're revealing is a little ridiculous, but it's Pokemon, they have always been ridiculous. Quite frankly I think it'll even give Keldeo a boost of power, especially since he is supposed to surpass his masters. That, and I really don't think the others will have a new form. I mean, why would they? What would they get? An old age form? They have a story as the rescuers of Pokemon, Keldeo has a story much more involved than that, so it only makes sense that he would get a form. Hopefully, with a decent power boost.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
With the current method of how they make Pokemon games, though, adding new forms is the ONLY way to add in "new" Pokemon to future games in the same generation. They can't add them in from the start because everyone knows ALL the Pokemon contained in the game after the first few days the game is out, and then it spreads all over the internet from there. I mean, we knew about Arceus a couple years before it was officially revealed as a Pokemon, if I remember correctly.

So, they're trying to market a sequel to BW. It's going to have a very similar world to explore, it's going to have all the same Pokemon (more or less), and they added 150 of the same old Pokemon to spice it up a bit. In order to generate desire and hype for the new game, new Pokemon aren't just a perk, they're required. Even HGSS had the spikey Pichu.

The only frustrating thing is that some forms are only available during events. Heck, they even want you to spend $3 on the AR Searcher game to get the Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus forms (which only works with the shiny, new, expensive 3DS).

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Pokejungle also says the two forms are called "Training Form", What Keldeo usually looks like, and "Valiant Form" his new form. We have two different translations for names which isn't that uncommon in rumors between Serebii and Pokejungle but since there isn't anything concrete I'm still gunna run this off as a rumor until Coro Coro comes out.

Huh...Training Form. Does this have something to do with those guys in Challenger's Cave who say that there was a legendary there training another legendary?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Huh...Training Form. Does this have something to do with those guys in Challenger's Cave who say that there was a legendary there training another legendary?

Yeah, it was pratically implied that it was Corbalion teaching Keldeo in that cave.
Hmm...remember how they told us to play with the Keldeo we get from the event? Well my guess is that it might have something to do with activating it's new forme...
Since the Poke smash person mentioned it in her blog it might appear in Pokesmash soon... also remember last time her tougue slipped she told us Zekrom was part electric...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Quite frankly, GameFreak is beginning to push the limits a bit with the number of new forms they are introducing this generation and I really wish they wouldn't.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Kyurem, Kami Trio, Keldeo, plus a lot of other features... it just seems like a lot of extras. If they can pull it off in game then I wouldn't mind. But it's possible that they just stuck them in randomly jsut to say "Look kids, Keldeo has a new form! Oh, buy our game, you can only use it here!" :/

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I guess it's official now. Serebii has now posted an image containing its new forme, however we can only see its head. But it seems that it has only minor changes, such as a longer mane and a more defined blue horn.
To be honest, I'm not too thrilled about it either, I kind of stopped getting psyched for new formes since the Kami trio.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't see the problem with new forms, I mean it's not like you're forced to use em (cept for Kyurems, they seem permanent, sorta justified, being the cover legendary n all).
Plus it adds just that little bit of extra variety.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
It's awesome Keldeo will get new form. It looks like those three things on new Keldeo's mane represent three other Musketeers. Does it mean they will be involved in new form activation?

L.R.

▒▒▒▒▒
Years
I think the additions of new formes are unnecessary features to boost the interest in the games. The new formes also tend to overshadow the regular formes. I expect Keldeo's "old" forme to be less powerful than the new one, making it significantly less useful. I would prefer them to make the Resolution Forme a bit more different in comparison to the regular one, not just stronger and with slight design changes.

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023

Quite frankly, GameFreak is beginning to push the limits a bit with the number of new forms they are introducing this generation and I really wish they wouldn't.

Do note that there are less forms introduced in Black 2 & White 2 than there were in Platinum. They're just spread across more Pokémon

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Tornadus Sacred Beast Forme
Thundurus Sacred Beast Forme
Landorus Sacred Beast Forme
Black Kyurem
White kyurem
Keldeo Resolute Form

blue

gucci
Years
I wouldn't even call Keledo's "Forme" a forme at all, if anything it's just an extension on it's current features which is an elongated horn and mane.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Do note that there are less forms introduced in Black 2 & White 2 than there were in Platinum. They're just spread across more Pokémon

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Black Kyurem
White kyurem
Keldeo Resolute Form
Don't forget Meloetta and her Piroquette Form as Black and White and B2W2 are still within the same generation.

I feel like you hit the nail on the head when you said they're spreading it across more Pokémon now compared to before, as that's exactly my point. Platinum only gave us three Pokémon who had the ability to change forms. Here we have six Pokémon who have this ability and I just feel like GameFreak is going a little bit overboard with the idea, and I'm afraid they'll only continue to do so in future generations to come. I don't know maybe it's just me, but that's just how I see it. What was once a cool concept that began with Deoxys now just feels like a cheap way to give buyers some reason to buy a new game. Even though it has always been used as a selling point, it feels more like it now than before.

I know we can only see Keldeo's head in the cover scan, but other than a few aesthetic changes to Keldeo's design it looks like very little effort was put into this new "Resolution form." I can definitely see its mentors playing a part in its transformation though, given the three extensive colors on its mane representing Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. Other than that, a likely power boost to go with it and maybe a new ability, it's nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I wouldn't even call Keledo's "Forme" a forme at all, if anything it's just an extension on it's current features which is an elongated horn and mane.

No matter how you will call it - extension or something, it's new form. Every change of current Pokemon introduced in the same generation is new form, no matter how much is changed. Also it's not wise to judge after seeing only small part of new form.

Don't forget Meloetta and her Piroquette Form as Black and White and B2W2 are still within the same generation.

This form shouldn't be counted because it's available in original B/W.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm not liking Keldeo's new forme at all. I mean, it just has a bigger horn and mane with no other drastic changes.

I was also expecting Keldeo to look a bit more like the other musketeers, but I was so disappointed when I saw the new forme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Um... yeah so this isn't terrible, but still. Keldeo was nice before, why change the pretty pony and give it more references to MLP?! Also why not reveal this earlier when there was the big thing about Keldeo as a whole... but the fact that you couldn't even get it in B/W like normal leading up to this and now they announce it for B2W2, that's kinda weird.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This form shouldn't be counted because it's available in original B/W.
In my first post before that, I was referring to GameFreak's use of alternate Pokémon forms in the fifth generation as a whole and not just in B2W2, which is why I did include it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well it does seem kind of older, I like it (what's shown) ^_^
I'm thinking that the three Muskeeters will surround it like in BW only this time instead of a new move it'll gain a new forme.
So think Victini will get one?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
When the new Keldeo forme was first announced, I was actually somewhat disappointed. Everyone assumed it would get a "more mature, adult" forme, which I felt just didn't feel was right for Keldeo. I'm extremely happy with what Game Freak did instead. Keldeo still holds on to the aspect of being the "youngster" but the new horn shows it can hold its own in battle like the other Musketeers.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Black Kyurem
White kyurem
Keldeo Resolute Form

Well since Aerilyn said per generation, you have more Pokemon to add to the numbers.

Darmanitan Zen Mode
Meloetta Pirouette Form

Though Gen 4 wise you have to count their aesthetic changes as well.
Burmy Leaf Cloak
Burmy Sand Cloak
Burmy Trash Cloak

These three are aesthetic changes for Burmy that has it evolve into the same Pokemon in different forms.

Cherrim Sunny Form

Though this is just an aesthetic change like Keldeo's Cherrim goes from her covered up flower to a blooming flower.

Gen 3 Only introduced two Pokemon that could Change form
Deoxys and Castform. Which has 8 Forms for Generation 3, 6 if you do not count Original forms.

So really we haven't gotten that many more than when they first started adding forms.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
I guess people are OK with normal formes, but not with legendary formes, that's why no one cared about the other forms like Cherrim, etc.

Back