• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I really enjoyed Snakewood but never got around to finishing it due to bugs... However this game looks twice as good! With five different storylines, thats some good replay value. I wish you good luck on this project.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Ave, folks. I'm still here and still working on Keratin; in fact, I've just finished working out all the fifty-odd evolutions in the branching Hombone line. Once I have those and a few other Fakemon inserted, I should be back on track and ready to start scripting again. I just need to get past this week first - it's full of busy stuff.

Hey Cutlerine. Haven't on the site in a while, but I noticed your new hack. Sounds awesome. The way you explained the alternate stories, with all the sub-quests, makes this sound like a Fallout game, (hope you at least know what Fallout is). Can't wait for Beta 1. Good luck on this.

I wish I was as good a hacker as some of the hackers here. I also would love to know how people can create a story that can be changed in the game. Can't wait to see some of the maps you create too.

Yeah, I'm actually just about as excited as all you people are to see how all this turns out - especially since I know a lot more about what happens than you. I can't wait for the ending(s).

This little thread here is exactly what I've come to expect from your demented, beautiful mind, Cutlerine. If you pull this off, I will love you forevers.

I should be able to pull it off. I actually know how to hack properly now. The only limit is the amount of free time I can afford to pour into this thing.

Personally tiles aren't the only thing that make a hack great, the story is an important factor and cutlerine makes really good story. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your support!

Five different story lines and different endings?
your like playing a crono cross dude!
maybe I can help changing the music?

I haven't actually planned on changing the music, but now I come to think of it, I might need to at one point. If I do, I'll let you know.

Not sure if I should be scared or happy.
emot-tinfoil.gif

Don't worry. After three or four evolutions, most of them stop resembling an actual Hombone, though most of them still have a crab claw or two.

I really enjoyed Snakewood but never got around to finishing it due to bugs... However this game looks twice as good! With five different storylines, thats some good replay value. I wish you good luck on this project.

Thanks so much! I do have a majorly fixed version of Snakewood (courtesy of the wonderful 1158) that I'm almost finished testing - just give me a few days to get past all this application/interview madness and I should be ready to post it back in its proper thread.

Now I take my leave, but I'll give you a random Keratin-related teaser: never look a gift egg in the mouth. It might just fry your brain.

F.A.B.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
It looks like I'm going to have to find every single evolution of hombone... At least I'll have plenty of play time to do it because I'll have to see every single ending and all the alternative paths. Well this game may or may not kill my social life, but either way it sounds awesome so far and keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Looks promising. One question though. Depending on how difficult it would be to do, would you consider being able to change your character's appearance based on which groups you side with?

bullrex

The Grass Dragon
Years
I love pokemon snakewood, and i'll keep watch of this thread till the beta or finished version is up. Good Luck :D

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
loved snakewood (been playing past couple weeks in my free time) this just seems just as wonderful and awsome if not better one question tho? if you join one of the orginazation like lets say team rocket do you stay as a grunt or can you rise in ranks?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
It looks like I'm going to have to find every single evolution of hombone... At least I'll have plenty of play time to do it because I'll have to see every single ending and all the alternative paths. Well this game may or may not kill my social life, but either way it sounds awesome so far and keep up the good work.

Glad you like the sound of it. I still haven't put in every Hombone evo yet, actually. There are just... so... many...

Looks promising. One question though. Depending on how difficult it would be to do, would you consider being able to change your character's appearance based on which groups you side with?

Hum. Don't know how I would go about that, but it's definitely something to look into.

Axman and Zyrtec should be happy.

Oh yes. Yes, they should.

I love pokemon snakewood, and i'll keep watch of this thread till the beta or finished version is up. Good Luck :D

Thanks for your support!

loved snakewood (been playing past couple weeks in my free time) this just seems just as wonderful and awsome if not better one question tho? if you join one of the orginazation like lets say team rocket do you stay as a grunt or can you rise in ranks?

It varies between gangs. For the Rockets, initially you're just a rather talented grunt, but your capabilities are swiftly recognised and then you're raised to a sort of special field operative. Mostly because every other member of the Team is completely incompetent. That's why they keep being defeated.

I've got another instalment of the submarine minihack ready, and also a complete other minihack that follows the story of one kid as he chases Team Rocket and some rather large bombs around Kanto. Would anyone be interested in my posting them? They've been knocking around for ages and I just rediscovered them.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'd love to play them! They sound great! So many... Hombone evolutions... ;__;

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I've got another instalment of the submarine minihack ready, and also a complete other minihack that follows the story of one kid as he chases Team Rocket and some rather large bombs around Kanto. Would anyone be interested in my posting them? They've been knocking around for ages and I just rediscovered them.

F.A.B.

I would play them, they actually sound very interesting.
I also now have a goal to get every single Hombone xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Hum. Don't know how I would go about that, but it's definitely something to look into.

I believe Manipulation was working on something similar for Sienna, which was why I asked. I wasn't sure if he had told anyone else how yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
HOMBONES
NOOO
WHY
WHY
WHY

Can't wait to Nuzlocke this after we finish the Snakewood LP! This sounds pretty dang interesting and I think I've said this somewhere before but I can't seem to find any record of it so I'll just say it again. Good luck with the hack! Glad to see you're advancing from Snakewood as well!

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Haha, me not being active on this board in the past two and half weeks is keeping me out of the loop, but it's awesome that the Great Cutlerine is still chugging away at this wonderful hack.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
This looks awesome! I think I may be the only one who prefers the original tiles of FireRed and LeafGreen over fanmade ones. :laugh:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
HOMBONES
NOOO
WHY
WHY
WHY

Can't wait to Nuzlocke this after we finish the Snakewood LP! This sounds pretty dang interesting and I think I've said this somewhere before but I can't seem to find any record of it so I'll just say it again. Good luck with the hack! Glad to see you're advancing from Snakewood as well!

Your going to have to actually finish Snakewood first to do that not just leave for an unmarked amount of time leaving your fans wondering if you will ever return.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
This looks awesome! I think I may be the only one who prefers the original tiles of FireRed and LeafGreen over fanmade ones. :laugh:

Absolutely not, I love 'em. I do not like the player character overworld though

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Your going to have to actually finish Snakewood first to do that not just leave for an unmarked amount of time leaving your fans wondering if you will ever return.

:'( An actual fan?! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Now I actually feel bad about not recording recently! Well, it's actually all Zyrtec's fault so blame him for trying to be productive!

We'll be back soon! A.K.A. within two months, so not really but eventually!

I'm going to upload something Rijon adventures related this weekend though (and by this weekend I meant next) if that sounds somewhat interesting though probably not

Oh hey this has nothing to do with this hack thread! As if Cutlerine couldn't hate us enough lolol Ok, no more spamming!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
New fakemon :D, Maybe you could add a hidden evo for shelgon instead of becoming a absolute beast, it could become more of a tanky type pokemon. That would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back