• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Well you can choose which Fossil you want, Trainer avatars can be chosen as well, Wi-Fi I mean.

After you beat the game, you get random fossils from all regions.
Do I get to choose any of all Trainer Avatar or any of only four of all like Gen 4?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?

Years
Vctini the victory pokemon

is anyone else haveing a problem makeing victini shiny? everytime i try it freezes. if someone knows what im doing wwrong help me.

Years
Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?

Nope, you have to leave the map area in order for opposite to happen.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

I'm glad it isn't just me. I figured it was from overplaying the game or having the c-gear on. My theory now is that the improved graphics had to come from somewhere, so probably the battery is suffering because of them.

Years
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?
does anyone know the answer to this? I've been ev training for a day and stats are still not going up ><

also, my battery life seems okay
it goes down faster compared to another game I play but I can still play BW for a number of hours before I need to charge the DS

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years

I would say my battery life isn't so hot anymore compared to when I'm playing other games, but I'm used to that with my iPod and PSP, plus, it's a small price to pay for how awesome these games are. C-gear also definitely runs the battery down faster.

When you do a WiFi battle, how do you get it so that it rounds the levels up or down to 50 or 100?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then :(

Gamefreak Did say that they made black and white like the older generations never existed thats why yo wont see any old ones until after E4

Ascaris

boogey
Years
in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?

Nameless.

Where in Castelia do you get the evoilite? I know you get it from a scientist...but I forgot where he's at...
Go to the fountain area in Castelia and head up the path.
The second building on the right has the scientist you're looking for. :3

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.

Well that may of been just amazing luck, or you could be right and it works differently, :3

in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?

That's ROM's for you :/ Totally unpredictable, especially B/W roms since they've been tinkered with so many times they probably will crash or glitch.

To answer your question it's a ROM Glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back