• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Forum Username: KoboraX
Game Version: I'm gonna start with Red. I am going to be doing an ultimate run, but just getting my teams one at a time.
Number of Pokemon: 4
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No, even though the National Dex isn't a thing in Gen 1
Restrictions: None. I just can't hack.

Your team issssssss
Blastoise
Persian
Butterfree
Golduck

My Application
Forum Name: .Missingno
Game Version: Leaf Green
Number of Pokemon: 5
National Dex: yes
Restrictions: None, I don't mind hacking in pokemon!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Your team issssssss
Blastoise
Persian
Butterfree
Golduck

My Application
Forum Name: .Missingno
Game Version: Leaf Green
Number of Pokemon: 5
National Dex: yes
Restrictions: None, I don't mind hacking in pokemon!

Ouch, the massive weakness to Electric is too real. I'll have to deal with it, though.

Anyway, your team shall be

Golem
Ninetales
Heracross
Donphan
Alakazam

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Ouch, the massive weakness to Electric is too real. I'll have to deal with it, though.

Anyway, your team shall be

Golem
Ninetales
Heracross
Donphan
Alakazam

Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that lol. And this team should
Definitely be interesting! Lol

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Finally gettin' round to this update. Lot's happened, was just too lazy to update anything.

• Lots of training later, Clockwork has evolved into Klang.
  • Went through Chargestone; Stealth Rock Roggenrola is turning out to be quite a help. Sturdy usually guarantees he can get at least that in before fainting/switching.
  • Arrived in Mistralton. More training time!
  • Get everyone in their Lvl 40s. Noclops learns Explosion, so now I can Stealth Rock Suicide everyone! :D
  • Challenged Skyla. Stealth Rock pretty much sets me up for victory, the rest is taken care of like Clockwork.
  • Work my way through Twist Mountain, got to Icirrus City.
  • Challenged Brycen. Stealth Rock and Will-O-Wisp along with Clockwork's Steel attacks guaranteed victory.
  • Caught a Tranquill to act as a HM Slave for Fly.
  • Took care of Plasma in the tower; their grunts were decent grinding, I guess.
  • Advanced onwards to Opelucid City, where I proceeded to train on Route 10 for a while.
  • Clockwork evolves into Klangkling! I mean Klingklang.
  • Got everyone up to Level 50, which is where I'm currently at.

Progress:
50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Freeze_Badge.png

Team:

Spoiler:

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
Years
My first update yay.
-right of the bat I get my poochyena and named him Malic
- got whismur and named hi DropDaBass
-grinded for about 2 hours for the rock gym so my team would be level 16
- finaly beat the first gym with Malic with some flinch hax on bite. most aggravating time with this gym too me 4 tries to beat it.

Years
Your Pokemon:
Beedrill
Rhydon
Poliwrath
Slowpoke
Tentacool

Good luck man and have fun with this team :D

That took less time than I thought XD, and thanks. This sounds like a fun challenge to do.

quick question, I've already started and it just hit to me, I am allowed to evolve my pokemon fully right? or do i have to beat the game with those exact evolution stages of the pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That took less time than I thought XD, and thanks. This sounds like a fun challenge to do.

quick question, I've already started and it just hit to me, I am allowed to evolve my pokemon fully right? or do i have to beat the game with those exact evolution stages of the pokemon
If you want to use fully evolved versions, specify now please. You opted to not exclude NFEs (not fully evolved) and so you're supposed to use those particular Pokemon. But it seems like people are getting confused by that from time to time, so as long as you tell me now at the beginning of your challenge what you want to do, it will be fine.

Years
If you want to use fully evolved versions, specify now please. You opted to not exclude NFEs (not fully evolved) and so you're supposed to use those particular Pokemon. But it seems like people are getting confused by that from time to time, so as long as you tell me now at the beginning of your challenge what you want to do, it will be fine.

Yeah, sorry about that. I will be using the fully evolved versions

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
Years
Update on my progress.

Didn't realize that both pokemon I own had a weakness to brawly so I decided to skip the gym and head to the next gym. After both my pokemon hit level 23 I went back to brawly and defeated him after 3 tries. This challenge is fun.

Years
-update so far, I've used a gameshark code to get slowpoke as my starter, I've gotten a Kakuna from Viridian Forest and named it George, George evolved into beedrill.
-I defeated Brock
-went to Mt.moon next
-after Mt.Moon I went to Bill's house and got the SS Anne ticket, afterwards I caught an Abra just to use teleport, and used the mew glitch
-after catching mew I released Abra and I'm using mew as a HM slave as sad as that is
My team so far
Spoiler:

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
After catching my pokemon (finally) and leveling golem to level 6 here is where I am at right now

Golem -Male- Level 6
Tackle
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Throw

Ninetails -Female- Level 3
Ember
Quick Attack
Confuse Ray
Safeguard

Alakazam -Male- Level 4
Teleport
Kinesis
Confusion

Donphan -Male- Level 4
Odor Sleuth
Horn Attack
Growl

Heracross -Male- Level 3
Tackle
Leer

Next move is to train them up until I believe I can take on the first gym leader!

Years
ok so update #2
-I have earned 4 badges in total
-I skipped a gym and silph company mission and went to get fly and surf, also getting rhyhorn, Tentacool and polywag
-I grinded for what seems like hours again getting both rhyhorn and tentacool up to lvl 30
-I went back to the silph building and cleared all ten floors
-I am currently in the fighting Dojo
-team so far-
Spoiler:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Finished my run! Here's the details:

• Challenged and defeated Iris. She wasn't that difficult; Deadpie's Will-O-Wisp/Hex combo and newly evolved Clockwork's Gear Grind took care of most of the trouble for me.
  • After obtaining the Legend Badge, went on to Victory Road. Got really confused for a while and lost my sense of direction. Eventually managed to find my way to the league though, training on some trainers in the process.
  • Stocked up on items (With a team like this, items are a man's last hope) and entered the league. Realized I was probably somewhat underleveled, but was too lazy to care.
  • Let the nightmare begin.
  • First opponent was Shauntal. Her Ghosts basically demolished 3/4 members of my team, with Clockwork being the only one that could really stand up to their attacks, at least for a little while. Even Deadpie was defeated due to lack of speed in comparison to, well, the other Cofagrigus. Through a few Revives, managed to defeat her last Chandelure with Otters. Little did I know how many more Revives were going to be wasted soon.
  • Next opponent was Grimsley. He was slightly easier at first; only one of my Pokemon was defeated fighting him. Until his Bisharp came up. I had quite a bit of trouble getting it down, with two others fainting in the process, leaving just Otters. He was able to defeat it with a Swords Dance-boosted Aqua Tail, luckily. I proceeded to do the same with his Liepard, and that finished him up.
  • Marshal was up next. He was easier than the others; Otters was able to Swords Dance sweep half his Pokemon, and when he fainted Deadpie took care of the rest. Immunity ftw!
  • Lastly, Caitlin. Started up with Otters again, though he fainted from a crit, so I brought in Deadpie to finish the job. Easy enough, more or less.
  • And so we proceed onward. N beats the champion and gains the magical ability to make castles grow out of the ground. I am jealous. Moving on.
  • Epic confrontation with N~ Zekrom appears and naturally I'm forced to catch it in order to proceed, but upon engaging N I immediately switch it out.
  • The battle with N was kind of hard. Much switching and Hyper Potions were involved. Obviously this is because I neglected to train my team. Oh well. Reshiram on its own nearly destroyed my ass, but luckily a Swords Dance/Aqua Tail from Otters managed to take it out. When he sent out Vanilluxe, I tried to actually use Noclops for something other than Stealth Rock. That failed miserably as his Stone Edge missed and he was taken out by a couple Blizzards. God dammit Noclops. N's Zoroark was kind of a pain, mainly because it tricked my stupid brain into believing it was Klingklang. After that though, I dealt with Carracosta and Archeops easily enough Clockwork, and Klingklang was dealt with by Otters 11.
  • Uh nuh! Ghetsis actually wants to take over the world! Why didn't we figure it out sooner?!
  • Vs Final boss Ghetsis. Now this battle... I have only one word to describe this motherhubbard of a battle.
  • Hydreigon_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d390a7r_4e2464e968b01.gif
    This
  • His Pokemon were dealt with decently enough (meaning only two faints in the process, but yay revives!) until it came to this little devil. He seemed to have a counter for just about everything I had on me. He actually made me lose the battle once, despite all the revives and potions. I went back and more or less went through the same process until I got to Hydreigon again. This time, I hit him with an Explosion from Noclops, before switching to Otters and using Retaliate. Finally, he was down.
  • Now finally I can sweep through the rest of his-
  • 625.gif
  • FOR THE LOVE OF *****
  • I made it through that alive, though that beast managed to take out everyone except Otters 11. Ghetsis sends out his final 'mon: Seismitoad. Epic final battle, both of us have one Pokemon left. Otters Swords Danced like there was no tomorrow, and then-- bam! Aqua Tail and he was down.
  • So, uh, yeah; that was it. Challenge finished for now. It sure was an interesting run; most challenge I've had from a Pokemon game in a long time due to the, well, crapiness of half the team.

Final Team:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back