• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
Years
Welcome to the club!!!

Let's bring this thing back to life, sorry this club went a week of sleep!

New Topic!:
Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?
I think it should be it definetly comes from a legendary pokemon, and im using one in my platinum right now its lvl 64 :D

GatlingIza

Greetle bust
Years
Ow... im very late can i Join?

Nickname:Gatling
Partner Pokemon:Raikou the Thunder Dog
Topic:Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?

Answer: Phione..? i think Phione can described as a Legendary,why? because it's breed from legendary and Phione is one of important sea pokemon.i have Phione at level 50 in my platinum:P

Topic2:What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Answer: The new Forme give a confusion to us or US. what is God Stone? whould if be Kyurem Body that destroyed? could it be taking a large role at B/W 2.Or the God Stone is using For "God Forme Kyurem" that will consist about the three tao? would it be any disagreement? i don't know.
:P

Off Topic: Sorry for my bad english. :(

Last edited:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Name: BZWGolem
Partner Pokemon: Mew

and...

1. About Phione
I don't think of it as a legendary for many reasons..
firstly, I even hardly find Manaphy as a legendary.. for some reason its story in any of the games was just so.. normal.
Secondly,you can make as many Phiones from one Manaphy as you want. A legendary should be only one in one game o.0

2. about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem
To be honest, I dislike them. I can't understand how Kyurem can be fused and I hope we get a reall gooood explanation.
The idea itself makes me "wtf!?" >.>

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: BZWGolem
Partner Pokemon: Mew

and...

1. About Phione
I don't think of it as a legendary for many reasons..
firstly, I even hardly find Manaphy as a legendary.. for some reason its story in any of the games was just so.. normal.
Secondly,you can make as many Phiones from one Manaphy as you want. A legendary should be only one in one game
Now why shouldn't Manaphy be a Legendary? I mean, it's rarity is no different than that of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini and they all share the same exact base stats. I never watched the movie of 'The Temple of the Sea' with the storyline focused on May and Manaphy, but base on reading the plot, it doesn't sound to good of a story compare to every other movies. Like I said, I've never seen the movie so I could be wrong. But the Phione idea, is just different. For one, Phione is really weak when comparing to other Legendary Pokemon. Otherwise it would be a completely different story if it was the opposite in base stats between Phione/Manaphy or having an even stronger Phione over Manaphy! My real question about this is:

Why are Mewtwo and Phione before Mew and Manaphy in the Pokedex, if they were created/bred by them? Would their new existence prove to place them AFTER their creator/parents in the Pokedex order? That's what puzzles me the most.

ABOUT KYUREM
I am quite excited and I really want to use them in battle but there's one thing I cannot understand..Black and white kyurem are actually new pokemon or will they just be combined in any way with zekrom and reshiiram?
Will it be like having two pokemon and poof!! suddenly have just one??? I don't think so
I wonder that myself. How will the Pokedex read these guys? I have a feeling they are just going to put them in as 'Alternate Forms' just like those of Skymin or Origin Giratina. I really think they should be in a new position of the Pokedex. Like have them be right after Genesect in the Pokedex to be #650 and #651. But doubt it. This new Fusion technique will be very new to everyone and interesting indeed. No one will understand or know how it works until the game releases. But if they are fused together and inseparable, that's a different question. Makes me wonder and really curious on how all this will play out!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: Grey Cloud

Pokemon: GiGi the Regice

Kyogre is waay better
WELCOME!! I will get everyone updated soon! Kyogre is way better than who? Groudon? xD How so?

You like the Golems? I personally hate them :\ If I had to choose which to go with, it would be Registeel for sure.

Years
WELCOME!! I will get everyone updated soon! Kyogre is way better than who? Groudon? xD How so?

You like the Golems? I personally hate them :\ If I had to choose which to go with, it would be Registeel for sure.

It's a highlight of the Gen III Games trying to get the golems though. It was one of my favorite things to do.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
I would like to join the club :)
Name: Mavy (I'm a boy...)
Partner Pokemon: Darkrai!!!!!

I can't believe Darkrai who stopped the combined attacks of Dialga and Palkia
was defeated by Ash's Sceptile in an episode of POKEMON: Sinnoh League Victors... Do you agree with me???
For me: Strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo but Darkrai is also strong is so DARK :)

Last edited:
Years
I would like to join the club :)
Name: Mavy (I'm a boy...)
Partner Pokemon: Darkrai!!!!!

I can't believe Darkrai who stopped the combined attacks of Dialga and Palkia
was defeated by Ash's Sceptile in an episode of POKEMON: Sinnoh League Victors... Do you agree with me???
For me: Strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo but Darkrai is also strong is so DARK :)

Welcome Mavi :) And i've always been a Mewtwo lover.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

HOW CAN YOU HATE THE GOLEMS THEY'RE THE BEST! ;; I personally adore the golems (Other than Regigas, that was one too far) and I don't get all the hate surrounding them D: I think they're innovative and very unique, plus they're very well designed. They're very good in battle and they look amazing, plus the whole braille puzzle that leads to them is very creative and fun; the only thing I don't like about them is their cries but that's easy to deal with x] Their cries in the anime are better (namely the Lucario move) so I think these are all around wonderful Pokemon <3 Although choosing a favourite is hard... I think I'll have to go with Regirock, but because it looks that 10% cooler than the others with its huge orange shoulders <3

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
HOW CAN YOU HATE THE GOLEMS THEY'RE THE BEST! ;; I personally adore the golems

Spoiler:

jk, jk xD

I actually don't like the legendary golems much, catching them in Sapphire was a pain and I never used them for another thing than getting regigigas in Diamond :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Let's bring out a new topic, shall we?

Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza
vs
Dialga, Palkia & Giratina(Alter or Origin Form)
vs
Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem

That's four groups, all with base stats of 660-680.

Personally, I would stick with the 4th Generation. Dialga and Palkia don't have very many weaknesses for one, and Giratina's Origin Form makes it a complete utter disaster. Plus their movepools are just real great, many to choose from.

But I had a gut saying Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-Oh at first. Stick with the originals. Lugia and Mewtwo are just deadly all around as beasts, but Ho-Oh's 4x Weakness to Rock hurts this group. 5th Generation Dragons of Zekrom and Reshiram are also great Pokemon, with Kyurem a little weaker. But I don't want to explain or even say that the fusion with 2 of each can play a role and I'm not sure how that is quite yet. So 3rd Generation of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are by far probably the worse of the gang. Not to mention their abilities will cancel each other out way to much.

Last edited:

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
Uh I don't know which one to choose...I liked the Kyurem trio but I am not used to them..Never liked the gen 4 trio soooo...I guess I'll go with the originals ( not that I didn't want to) as Mewtwo is my fave and is a beast in battles, Lugia has some pretty good moves and as for HO-OH i never liked it but.......oh well I deal with it :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Uh I don't know which one to choose...I liked the Kyurem trio but I am not used to them..Never liked the gen 4 trio soooo...I guess I'll go with the originals ( not that I didn't want to) as Mewtwo is my fave and is a beast in battles, Lugia has some pretty good moves and as for HO-OH i never liked it but.......oh well I deal with it :P
So I noticed you are a tough and hardcore Mewtwo fan. The classic, original Legendary Pokemon is still the strongest to this day. May I ask why you love Mewtwo so much to have as a pet cat? XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Which combination of the strongest Legendary Pokemon do you prefer to have in battle together (Kind of a Trio question, only with the strongest) and explain?

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs

Best to use in battle together imo is the Gen V trio, simply because their abilities aid each other greatly as opposed to something like the Gen III trio where they all cancel each other out and hinder one another. But ignoring their abilities, my vote goes for the Gen IV trio. I adore Palkia and Dialga and these two Pokemon have incredible potential, plus very interesting typing. Giratina has some sneaky moves to support them with, but Palkia and Dialga can deal huge bouts of damage with their signature moves, and their normal moves. I think they'd easily take down the other generation trios with no problem at all. :3

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh
vs
vs
vs
How can you not include Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres? Tsk tsk!
For me, I'm thinking Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. They're the originals, simple as that. I don't competitive battle anyway, so it doesn't matter to me how good they are.

I hope this doesn't die out :(
[/COLOR]

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Best to use in battle together imo is the Gen V trio, simply because their abilities aid each other greatly as opposed to something like the Gen III trio where they all cancel each other out and hinder one another. But ignoring their abilities, my vote goes for the Gen IV trio. I adore Palkia and Dialga and these two Pokemon have incredible potential, plus very interesting typing. Giratina has some sneaky moves to support them with, but Palkia and Dialga can deal huge bouts of damage with their signature moves, and their normal moves. I think they'd easily take down the other generation trios with no problem at all. :3
Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, definitely match one another and is very deadly in a double battle. But Victini would also be a good partner for them as well! Maybe I should had asked if doing a 3v3 battle, triple battle/rotational instead, it would had been a bit more clearly when I asked. But yeah, Palkia and Dialga are just insane, a tank of their own. Palkia is weak to its own Dragon type attacks while Dialga has to worry about Ground and Fighting. But has many resistances due to their unique typing!

Generation 4 and 5 sure does bring a lot of Dragon legendary Pokemon though. Generation 3 kinda started it with Rayquaza and Generation 2 has the Lugia/Ho-Oh Combo (Flying yes, but to me Lugia has a little bit of Dragon traits). If things are hold true, Generation 6 to come, I wonder if there will be even more Dragon legendary Pokemon since we already have quite a few. Wonder what typing we will have to their uniqueness!

How can you not include Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres? Tsk tsk!
For me, I'm thinking Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. They're the originals, simple as that. I don't competitive battle anyway, so it doesn't matter to me how good they are.

I hope this doesn't die out :(
They aren't the mighty powerful Legendary Pokemon. Otherwise I'd have to include the rest on their levels and I already asked a question a long time ago about those. (If you haven't noticed, I only included the bigger, stronger ones).

Just out of curiosity, what would you teach Ho-Oh? I mean I always thought that's a tough question to come up with. Other than STAB attack, Sacred Fire!

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
I'd prefer Mewtwo, Lugia & Ho-Oh as the strongest! They are the originals! Lugia as Guardian of the Sea can take them all down while Ho-oh is very fiery! Tsk, Mewtwo alone can take them all down!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So by the looks of it, the originals and Sinnoh Dragons are perhaps the most fierce and favorable, with Unova Dragons being on the outskirts and best with teamwork. Interesting.

NEW TOPIC:
What is everyone's thought about Meloetta and Genesect thus far?

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
So I noticed you are a tough and hardcore Mewtwo fan. The classic, original Legendary Pokemon is still the strongest to this day. May I ask why you love Mewtwo so much to have as a pet cat? XD

Hahaha well, I literally fell in love with him the first moment I saw him (first movie)! I don't know why but from the moment I saw him into the experiment tubes in the lab with those scientists around him I thought" oh the poor thing, come on show them who you are!!" :P And then at schooll we pretended we were pokemon or trainers and Ialways picked Mewtwo and everyone said he was evil and stuff ( we were seven at the time, nice years :))And as I grew up I realised bit by bit that the actual reason was not compassion but the fact that it was the only pokemon I could match myself with ( humanoid, able to talk and to think,.) and imagine myself training or being accompanied with.

Now I still have the same respect for that pokemon as it is one tied with my childhood and one that saved me quite a lot of times from nearly lost battles ...

(end of answer XD)

ewww I really hate genesect , it's one of my worst pokemon...such a bad design, plus I never liked bug types except scyther and venomoth. Hoever I have to see its combat abilities as hits stats are promising
Melloetta seems to me a very cute and elegant pokemon and I 'm quite anxious to use her in battle...Her aria form reminds me my haircut when I had to sing in front of people an aria called "sento nel core" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back