The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Share your writing!

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old June 3rd, 2015 (12:10 AM).
http://www.pokecommunity.com/s

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345775
A story I wrote about pokemon betraying humanity, and the war between the two species.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 8th, 2015 (12:41 AM).
Banned

Hi,

I didn't see a better place to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong forum/thread. I was hoping I could get a few of you writer folk to help me revise/proofread a Code of Conduct I've written mostly from scratch, found here.

My eyesight is can be kind of terrible at times and at present I lack spectacles to look over it too much, but besides errors which aren't as important atm I'd really like to get y'all's input on how I can better word the document, if it's not fine as-is. It's meant to be a general rulebook and reference piece for a microblogging platform I'm scratch-coding. The goal of the document is to protect the website, its staff, and affiliated parties and applicable authority relations while setting in stone what users are to do and not to do to ensure a safe, family-friendly, and positive browsing experience (like any public website CoC should).

Obviously not asking for legal advice or anything, but I think what's already there should give a clear enough picture if you can help. Thank you
Old November 4th, 2015 (6:04 AM).
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll take both just to be sure.

Nature: Quiet
I haven't decided if this scene has a place in my novel, yet, but it was fun to write. Quite telling, too.

Quote:
The drive to see Matron got longer every year. Seth stared out the darkening window, ignoring the Kindle laying on his lap as he watched the fields roll by. They weren’t quite in the middle of no where - he could still hear the occasional static of other thoughts when they passed a well-spaced house - but it was close enough, in comparison to the chaos of New York. There was never a moment’s peace in a city of the world, and never would be. It would be an endless rain of useless, petty thoughts invading his mindspace at every turn.

He let out a soft breath when the radio, too, turned to static, and leaned forward to retrieve the CDs from the glovebox. “Bach or Debussy?” he asked, lifting a disinterested brow at his father in the process.

Colton adjusted his grip on the steering wheel, flexing tired fingers. “Debussy. Have you already finished your book?”

“Two of them.”

His father gave a slow nod, combing his fingers through his dark hair in thought as Nocturne floated from the CD player. “Even the Iliad?”

“It bored me, but yes. One would think that gods would have more sense than they displayed,” the child said, and gave a negligent shrug. “In comparison to the humans, their power was absolute. It seemed rather stupid that they spent so much effort playing with them, when they could have simply molded them to their will. Aphrodite was the only one to exercise her power as she should’ve, and even that was for petty reasons.”

“Hmm.” Colton shifted hands, rubbing under his glasses after a pause. “Have you considered -”

“I have.”

His father gave a tight nod. “While I understand that you get tired of having to hide certain things, Seth, it’s still rude to cut someone off.”

Seth finally turned, blue eyed stare patronizing. It was also detached. “I know what you’re going to say before you even finish thinking it. It seems like a waste of breath.”

Colton’s lips pressed into a thin line, and he let out a soft breath. “We have a different bent. I don’t have your advantage.” He was uncomfortable. Again.

The ten-year-old just shifted in his seat, turning back to the window. “We do. And in comparison to the general population,” he mused, waving an idle hand towards a house in the distance, “we are gods.”
Old November 30th, 2015 (2:04 PM).
Genwunner and proud of it

Nature: Hardy
I'm a bit stuck on chapter 8 of Pokémon: Clefairy Tales. I intend to start by focusing on a Super Nerd before Leaf appears. For the ensuing battle, I'll pit Leaf's Geodude against the Super Nerd's Magnemite and Voltorb. However... I don't know where to go from there.

Quote:
Jovan summoned one of three Pokémon on his person. A creature resembling a Poké Ball with angry eyes appeared. "You ready to do this?" the super nerd asked. The creature, a Voltorb, flashed a small amount of electricity in approval.

Jovan proceeded to secure a metal dome over the Voltorb. "Three... two... one..."

KABOOM! Jovan removed the dome and recalled the Voltorb, which was in no condition to battle. He removed the pieces of the rock and found a Dome Fossil. As he put it in his bag, he heard footsteps. Turning, he saw Leaf standing there. "What the...!?" he exclaimed. "Don't sneak up on me!"
Old March 20th, 2016 (2:02 AM). Edited March 20th, 2016 by Horn.

This is the start of Pokémon x Youkai Watch anime crossover story I mentioned in Plot Bunny thread. This is how Keita got into the Pokémon world thanks to Hoopa's ring malfunction and meets Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. It's taking place right after the events of XY movie 2, or Hoopa movie, if you want. It is placed in Dahara City, the movie location.
Bear in mind this is still first version, which needs lots of polishing. Also, I am still not decided about if I should use Japanese or English names for Youkai Watch characters. I am using Japanese for now, since I am more familiar with them, but I may change that in future, depending on your input. For Pokémon characters, however, I will definitely use English names, so don't hesitate to tell me how this Japanese-English mix works for you, so I can change it in future. The working title for now is Keita goes to another world, but that may change too. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Keita was in his room, admiring his Youkai medal collection. Suddenly, he heard yelling from his wardrobe. He opened the door to his wardrobe and saw Jibanyan and Hikikoumori being taken by grey hand to some pink essence filling golden ring. Keita grabbed yelling Hikikoumori and yelled on Whisper to help him. Whisper flew to look what’s going on, and Keita told him to grab Jibanyan and got him out of that thing. Whisper did so, but despite their try, they couldn’t beat the strong hand from the other side. They were taken by the hand and fall on ground who knows where.
“Did Hoopa startle you?” big, grey blue and pink Jeanie-like creature, with lots of unattached hands, asked.
“Whisper, what is this?” Keita asked.
Whisper looked on his Youkai Pad, but couldn’t find this creature.
“I… I… I… don’t know, Whis,” he admitted.
“What? Not even your pad knows that?”
Whisper, ashamed, shook his head.
“This is Hoopa,” said boy in blue and white jacket, blue pants and red and white cap. “I am Ash Ketchum and this,” Ash pointed on yellow rodent-like creature, “is my partner Pikachu.”
“Pika Pikachu,” said Pikachu.
“Hi, I am Serena,” said girl with short blond hair, brown and red hat, pink dress with red cape and brown stockings.
“I am Clemont,” said boy in blue and yellow overall. “And this,” Clemont pointed to girl in brown shirt with black ribbon, black shorts, white skirt and yellow satchel, “is my little sister Bonnie.”
“And this little one,” Bonnie opened her satchel, “is Dedenne.”
“Wait!” Keita yelled. “So many Youkais and so many people who could see them?”
“Youkai? You mean ghost or spirit? Trust me, Pikachu is very alive,” Ash said.
“Pi,” nodded Pikachu.
“But you have some strange Pokémon with you,” Ash said and took out his Pokédex.
Ash pointed his Pokédex on Whisper, but it did not react at all.
“That’s strange,” Ash mumbled.
He pointed his Pokédex on Pikachu and it recited Pikachu’s data.
“Hmm, so it’s not broken,” Ash stated. “So, what are those creatures if they aren’t Pokémon?”
“Pokémon?” Keita asked.
Serena, Clemont and Bonnie looked at each other with confused look. They had no idea what creatures Ash was talking about.
“Ash, what are you talking about?” Serena asked.
“I am talking about those three,” Ash pointed on Whisper by Keita’s right side, Jibanyan by Keita’s left side and Hikikoumori hiding behind Keita’s right leg.
“Sorry Ash, but there’s nothing there,” Serena said.
“So, you can’t see them,” Keita stated. “But how he can?”
“Huh?!” all four friends said.
“Guess I have no other chance,” Keita sighed. “These are Youkais. I can see them thanks to this Youkai Watch,” Keita pointed on his left wrist.
Youkais?” all four said again.
“Yes, spirits, which are responsible for all strange things in our world… well… my world, as I am not sure I am still in my world, thanks to these things you called Pokémon.”
“Wait a minute! There are no Pokémon where you live?” Bonnie asked shocked.
“No. At least none were discovered yet.”
“That’s sad,” Bonnie stated and petted her Dedenne.
“But in my world people can’t normally see Youkais too. I wonder how you can see them.”
Ash thought about it and then remembered something: “I was told I am Aura Guardian…”
“Aura Guardian?” Clemont asked surprised.
“What’s that?” Serena asked.
“Aura Guardians were legendary Aura users, which travelled around world and helped others with these skills,” Clemont explained. “However, I thought Aura Guardians disappeared long time ago.”
“Not true,” Ash said. “In Sinnoh, I’ve met Riley, who is Aura Guardian. It was also in Sinnoh I was told I have these skills too. But I decided to continue my journey as normal Pokémon trainer and never really thought much about this.”
“But, how could this allow Ash seeing Youkais?” Keita asked, still very confused about this strange world he ended in.
“Well, Aura is some sort of force present in every living being,” Clemont explained. “Those who could use it, are able to sense things others can’t. That’s probably why Ash could see these ghosts of yours.”
“Hey Ash, sorry for taking so long,” yelled young woman who just came. “I hope Hoopa did not cause any trouble.”
“Actually, he did, Meray,” Serena said. “He brought this boy from who knows were.”
“Hoopa!” Maray looked at Hoopa angrily. “Take him back NOW!”
“Hoopa can’t,” Hoopa said ashamed.
“What do you mean by ‘Hoopa can’t’, you big hairball?” now Keita was angry.
“Hoopa did not mean to bring someone from another world. It was accident, Hoopa doesn’t know how happened. Hoopa is not sure he can repeat it.”
Now Keita’s stance changed from angry to sad. Ash noticed this and came to him.
Ash put his hands on Keita’s shoulders and said: “Don’t worry, ehm…”
“Oh, sorry, my name’s Keita Amano.”
“Don’t worry Keita, we’ll find a way to get you home.”
Old March 30th, 2016 (7:02 AM).

Well, I'm brand new to here, but I've started my first written nuzlocke. It's a randomized nuzlocke, so I had to come up with a unique way to explain why my character was getting these pokemon, and this is what I came up with. I'll post the little blip under a spoiler tag so this won't be a giant post. (Also, my character is extremely Russian.)

Spoiler:

Ivanna entered the Pokemon Center and dropped off Vinko with the nurse. Vinko collapsed tiredly, huffing as he finally got to relax after she had used him so heavily in the forest. Vaska denied the chance, preferring to stay perched on her shoulder as she approached the corner where a man stood behind a counter. Curiously, the mailroom was vacant of trainers getting care packages from their mothers.

“Hello,” the man said, “how can I help you?”

She put her trainer ID down on the counter with a click. “My name is Ivanna Moisey. I am here to pick up package.”

He smiled broadly then, saying, “Ah, Miss Moisey! Your package came in just this morning!” He hurried into the back, and Ivanna could see several shelves lined with packages for the pokemon center and the passing trainers. “I think it’s just great what you’re doing,” he called out to her as he searched. “I used to battle once upon a time, and I had a Hitmonlee that I had to give up when he got a leg injury. Sadly, I didn’t make it that far through the league, I crashed and burned at the fourth gym,” and he was suddenly back with a square box, “which was a real shame. If I had been thinking ahead, I would have kept my Hitmonlee regardless of his injury. I still wonder whatever happened to him. Anyways, if you’ll just sign right here.”

Ivanna could only blink uncomfortably at his torrent of words, and she shifted under his undeserved praise of her. She signed for the package and said, “Thank you,” intending on beating a hasty retreat, but his voice followed her with, “We need more trainers like you in the world! Thank you!”

Ivanna did her best to ignore him as well as Vaska’s sideways glance. Instead, she walked to the back of the Pokemon Center and found a vacant table. Sitting down, Ivanna took out a pocket knife and cut the tape on the cardboard. Vaska hopped onto the table, cocking his head curiously as she revealed two pokeballs, two folders, and an extensive note on top complete with a card attached to it. She unfolded the paper first, and it said:

Dear Ivanna Moisey,

Thank you for choosing to participate with Homes for Disabled Pokemon! HDP is a program devoted to finding homes for unwanted or disadvantaged pokemon that have been handicapped through birth, trainer battling or other causes.

Enclosed are your HDP associate card and the pokeballs of the first two pokemon of your new journey. Clear information and instructions are provided for the history and future care of your pokemon. If any pokemon require medication, HDP will provide the cost as sponsorship. If there are further questions, please call 75-388-67 or contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Sincerely,
Homes for Disabled Pokemon
President Dashi

Peeling the HDP ID from the page, Ivanna added it to her billfold without a word and picked up the two folders. She flipped them open, and her eyes skimmed past the Snubbull and instead landed greedily on the other pokemon.

“Axew?” she breathed in shock. Who in the world wouldn’t want an Axew? Knowing her luck, it would be brain dead or incompetent. Flipping the folder open, Vaska leaning over with interest in the dragon type, she began to read.

Her blue eyes widened like planets. It was a SHINY Axew! Why in the world wouldn’t someone want this pokemon? Even if it couldn’t battle, shinies were known to be able to hop into the world of acting with nothing more than a flash of their abnormal color. People PAID for shinies, and they paid very well for shinies.

Ivanna read quickly. Mischievous and unable to be controlled . . . she could handle whatever bad personality it had. And, ah, she was a wild pokemon that had been presumably mauled by the mother. Shinies never lasted long in the wild because of the instinct for mothers to kill the falsely colored child. A shiny color meant they couldn’t hide from predators. Shinies brought danger upon themselves in the wild.

Mauled . . . The Axew was lopsided. One of her tusks had been ripped out completely. Her right tusk had been clawed off as well as her right hand, and a substantial amount of her scales. Ivanna considered this. Even if she was lopsided and theoretically had a blind spot on her right, the Axew was absolutely capable of battling.

“I can’t believe ve lucked up like this,” Ivanna said to Vaska, pushing the folder his way. She glanced over the Snubbull in the meantime. Mildred the Snubbull, used to have a family that couldn’t deal with her and gave her up to HDP . . . Extreme social anxiety and panic attacks. Lovely.

Vaska hummed lowly in appreciation. “Dragon is perfect. She’ll have to vatch right side, but dragon is dragon. Vhat is other?”

“Snubbull,” she told him. She arched a brow. “Anxiety and panic attacks. Try not to look at her.”

Vaska reared his head back in amusement at her jibe, but offered up nothing in his defense. Releasing both pokemon so she could see them, they formed from the red light in drastically different postures—the Axew looked her right in the eye while the Snubbull shrank as small as possible.
Old March 31st, 2016 (10:59 AM). Edited March 31st, 2016 by Arylett Charnoa.
No.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whozawhatcha View Post
Well, I'm brand new to here, but I've started my first written nuzlocke. It's a randomized nuzlocke, so I had to come up with a unique way to explain why my character was getting these pokemon, and this is what I came up with. I'll post the little blip under a spoiler tag so this won't be a giant post. (Also, my character is extremely Russian.)
An interesting concept! I personally don't read much fanfiction, so I can't compare this to other Nuzlockes. But it does definitely catch my eye for being rather unique. I like your explanation of how shinies are mauled in the wild by their mothers due to being oddly colored. Also unique. You have some interesting ideas!

Okay, I guess I'll show you a random snippet of my Aelita series I wrote not too long ago. Not my best, but hey. It's something! And something usually doesn't happen very often.

Of course, you'll need some context for the terms and such used. Since this is completely original. A Valstaen is an anthropormorphic canine/avianlike creature that has mostly replaced the human race now on this planet. One of their key features is the gems on their chests. The human race lives on a tiny island (Yuval) segregated from the rest and have an option to integrate into the rest of society by undergoing something called Valist Conversion. (That turns you into a Valstaen)

The two main characters are meeting each other for the first time here. One of them is named after me, you'll notice.

Spoiler:
Lunaris Adamantine paced around his office, overlooking the test results that his father had sent him. His mind spun and rushed, trying to concentrate on this boring part of the job. It was loads of paperwork. Field research was over now, and he needed to check that idiot’s mistakes.

He heard a “ding” and a vibrating sound coming from his cellphone. Sighing exasperatedly, he picked it up to see what stupidly repetitive and obvious message his father had sent him this time.

Huh… an e-mail.

Sender: HQosYih… continuing nonsense. Title: How would you like to finish what you’ve started?

He stared at it derisively and opened it up. Some random spam… at least it’d probably give him a good laugh.

To Lunaris Adamantine, the unfinished Valstaen… Those words immediately caught his eye, and his body tensed up.

Quote:
This is no random spam of your inbox, but a highly classified message for your eyes only. I apologize for the unprofessional appearance, but it had to be to disguise this message’s very sensitive contents.

My name is Hayato Izamora, Chief Emissary of the W.E. As you may recall with your dealings with the Human Rights Committee, you were told that we would get back to you when we discovered a way to finish your Conversion. That way is now.

However, there is a mission of utmost importance that you must undertake before we can complete your transformation. One that necessitates your unique situation. There is a client of ours who requires your expertise and guidance on her path towards becoming a Valist.

Her name is Arylett Charnoa and she is an agent of our Human Ambassador program. A young and promising girl who is in great danger from a rogue organization known as MIANG. We must remove her from Yuval and put her safely in our care. A human operative with knowledge and experience in the process of Valist Conversion is required, and we have decided that you are the most suitable candidate for this job.

Should you choose to undertake this mission, please arrive at…
The message continued, listing specific coordinates for a meeting place and informing him to print out a special attachment to bring it with him. Lunaris didn’t know what he felt exactly. Excitement? Maybe that was it. But he was also cautious. They hadn’t contacted him in years and now that they might have figured out a way, he’d have to work for it even more.

But he might as well not worry about things he couldn’t change. What mattered is, there was a chance. And he wasn’t going to hesitate the opportunity to seize it.

Arriving in the secluded area of town that they had requested to meet him, Lunaris waited patiently for the agents of the HRC to arrive. Waiting in a weird part of town like this was nothing new to him; these people always preferred the shadows due to the stigma Valist Conversion held in human society.

“Present the attachment as instructed,” A voice sounded from the shadows. Lunaris obeyed and placed a sheet of paper with odd symbols on the ground. The symbols began to glow, first becoming orange… and then green.

“Very good. Your interaction is approved,” Although the words this woman spoke sounded oddly robotic, he could clearly tell that this was a natural human being, and not one of the usual androids they sent out. Strange…

“Mr. Adamantine, you are to go to HQ-Y6 to meet the client and undergo your briefing. Do you understand the conditions of your agreement?”

“Yes,”

“Very well. Preparing for transport… step onto the symbol,” He did as he was instructed and suddenly felt very dizzy. A blur of colors were rushing all around him, his surroundings unclear. The familar sensation of teleportation. Abruptly, everything around him stopped, and he nearly fell over when he arrived at the final destination.

“Ah, ha ha. Welcome, Mr. Adamantine!” A voice with an odd accent practically shouted at him enthusiastically. He merely rubbed his head in response, trying to gain his bearings as he slowly got to his feet.

“I’m sorry about the bumpy ride. Those pieces of paper are terribly antiquated… but it’s the only way to get around here without looking suspicious!” He started to laugh in a jolly fashion.

“It’s no problem,”

“So… why don’t you show me… your gem?” The older gentleman stroked his beard, staring at Lunaris in an intrigued fashion.

The young man removed his rather baggy shirt, revealing a somewhat dim-looking blue gem, its insides looking a bit murky.

“My, my! It’s looking a bit dirty, isn’t it? That’s understandable though. We can get that cleaned later. Oh, I’m quite sorry! I forgot to tell you my name. I’m Dr. Franz Gunter, By the way, you can put your shirt back on,”

“Nice to meet you, Dr. Gunter!” He smiled in a friendly manner, placing his shirt back on, then looked at the doctor curiously.

“Anyway… in the message, it said there was a client I’d be meeting,”

“Ah… yes. Miss Charnoa. Of course, of course you’d be curious about your mentee. Come with me, please!” The somewhat eccentric Dr. Gunter led him away from the room he had arrived in and down a series of rather old-looking hallways, doors with chipping paint and broken down machines were just around every corner. The place looked like it could do with a good repair job. But that was to be expected in these facilities.

“So what’s this Miss Charnoa like anyway?”

“A very sweet girl. Obedient and very displicined, just the way the higher ups like her!” He grinned somewhat mischeviously. “Don’t worry, she won’t give you any problems,”

As as they were to turn yet another corner, the doctor stopped abruptly at a rather new-looking door that looked out of place. He knocked.

“Miss Charnoa! Your new guardian is here to see you!”

“Just a moment!” A young-sounding voice responded, as they heard the sounds of rustling and objects being bumped around. The door opened to reveal a small dark-haired girl dressed in red. He noticed that she also had a gem embedded in her chest, but unlike his, hers was extremely bright and vivid. Lunaris looked down at her, but she seemed to avert his gaze.

“It’s nice to meet you, sir,” She bowed very formally.

Dr. Gunter laughed even more boisterously than before. “Now, now! You don’t have to be like that around everyone! Especially not around this guy, correct?”

“Nah, not at all. It’s very good to meet you too, Miss Charnoa!” He grinned at her in as friendly a way he could manage, noting that she seemed a bit uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry… uhm… my name is Arylett. You can call me that for.. less formality,”

“You can call me Lunaris then. Don’t worry, Arylett! I’ll be sure you’re all fluffy and wingy before you can say ‘squidwaffle’!” He responded to her cheerfully. She merely gave him a strange look, blushing rather red. It looked like she was trying not to laugh.

“Well, looks like you two are going to get along wonderfully! Let’s go get you briefed,” Smiling, he led the pair of them further down the old halls. In that time, Lunaris thought he should probably get to know this girl he’d be working with for probably quite a long time.

“So Arylett… what do you like to do?”

“I like to research Psyche through the use of runes,” She stated quite plainly.

“Sounds pretty cool! I’m not really too good at Psyche myself… more of an Impulse guy, really,”

“Impulse… I’m not very good at that,” Arylett sounded somewhat disappointed.

“That’s okay! I’m good enough for the both of us,”

“Well, that’s good,”

Obviously, she wasn’t the best conversationalist, so he tried pursuing a different route. “I don’t know much about runes. We don’t study them much at the Bloodstone Supermarket. At least, not in the machines division,”

“Bloodstone Supermarket? You work there?”

“Yup. It kind of sucks, so that’s why I’m here trying to become a Valstaen too. That and so I won’t look like the only weirdo with a rock stuck in his chest,” Lunaris stated, as Arylett gave him that same odd look in response.

“Sorry to stop your kids’ fun, but we’ve arrived,” Dr. Gunter interjected. The three of them entered through a particularly shoddy-looking blue door, where they were given a particularly long explanation of what was to come… Lunaris drank it all in. He was to protect this girl even if it meant his life. Other than that, it was more of what he already knew. Soon, he’d have to leave home… to face his father and tell him he’d be starting up his mad quest again.

When they walked out…

“Pah! So boring it made your head spin. All these formalities…” Dr. Gunter shook his head.

“This mission is very important,” Arylett responded seriously. She had been carrying a small computerlike device with her, which she was still inputing notes about what had been said during the briefing. Lunaris chuckled at her diligence.

“I think I’ve got that drilled in my head now. Couldn’t be any more drilled even if you grabbed one made of knowledge and poked a hole into my brain,”

She shook her head in a way that suggested she was half-exasperated, half amused.

“Let’s get going,” The young woman responded as she closed up her computer and began walking up ahead.

“See? Didn’t I tell you? It’s gonna be interesting with you two, eh?”

“Probably,” responded Lunaris, as he followed his new charge down the spiraling hallways. She seemed to have started going down the completely wrong path from where they had been instructed to go. But he would teach the right way to go, as he would many things in time.
Old March 31st, 2016 (11:23 AM).
#fangirlmode
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to AdorbzFangirl
It's been a while since I've posted my writing here. This is a story I'm writing to hopefully promote some Autism Awareness. It happens to be coming up in April, and I want to show a side of autism that people aren't seeing.

Here's more information on the story if you are interested. ^w^ I provided a lot of resources and notable autistic people in the summary part. So, that's why I'm sharing the place where the story is. Hope that's okay.

Spoiler:
Since mom had passed away, I would start living with my older brother and his very ignorant girlfriend as well. I hadn't seen my brother in years since he moved out, and I wasn't too sure about having to live with him either. It was a major change from what I was normally used to.

I stared blankly out the window as I rocked slowly back and forth. The scenery had been far different from what I remembered. It was hard for me to accept changes, but I remained calm from rocking myself though. Not long did I notice Emily, my brother's girlfriend, looking at me.

"So, what's wrong with her again?" she asked in a rather ignorant tone.

"She has autism," he told her with his eyes straight ahead. "It's a disorder that affects how her brain is wired. I don't know much about it, but I did grow up with her to be honest," he nodded until I felt like correcting him.

"I am autistic, not a person with autism," I said to them with a frown. "Would you say a person with awesomeness? Or a person with femaleness?" I asked them as they both shook their heads.

"What difference doesn't really make?" Emily scowled at me. "I don't get why you can't still be a person with autism. You can't be your disability because that makes no sense," she said, which was somewhat of a good point.

It was hard to comment or explain to her what was proper. Many people who weren't disabled or autistic always used person first language on us. This is what most of us refer to as ableism, and I found offensive to be called 'person with autism' as well.

"I think we should call her what she prefers," Nico, my older brother spoke.

"That's stupid," she sighed, still not seeing the whole point of it. "I'm calling her what I want to call her," she glared at me when I looked away from her. "I also don't know how you plan on caring for her either. Wouldn't it be better if the state sent her to one of those homes?" she asked him.

"No way! I would never do that to her," he said rather loudly. "She's my sister after all," he told her when she scoffed at him.

It wasn't long until we reached the three bedroom apartment of theirs. Nico unlocked the door and let me inside. He grabbed my bags then carried them to my new bedroom. It was the same way I remembered it from back home with mom. I plopped onto my bed while looking around at the empty shelves and dresser.

Nico started to help me unpack everything, but I was able to on my own. I proved to him I could do things myself. I guess you could say I was rather naive and not bothering to ask for any help.

It took sometime before I finished rearranging everything. My stuff had to be perfect, or at least the things I had so far. I didn't have much though, yet it was enough to please me. I felt rather satisfied with my new bedroom now, which hadn't seemed all that bad. I went out into the living room where I plopped onto the couch.

"Dinner will be ready soon," Emily replied to me.

I never bothered to ask what we were having that evening. I felt as though it might upset me if it was something I didn't like much. I just stared blankly at the TV with a sigh, hoping I could feed my growling stomach. I had always been somewhat of a picky eater, mostly due to constant sensory issues.

Everyone but me sat down at the table with their food. "Come over and eat with us," Emily said after waving me over there.

"Mom usually lets me eat in my room," I frowned and felt overwhelmed by this sudden change.

"Oh, we have a rule that everyone eats at the table," she told me rather firmly. "You have to learn to follow our rules," she said while nodding.

It wasn't long until I began screaming, covering my ears and rocking myself. I didn't like changes in my routine, finding newer ones harder to adjust to. I continued to meltdown heavily, realizing things were going beyond control.

"Your tantrums aren't going to help you," she said to me, which made it worse. "You better start acting your damn age," she huffed angrily at me.

I knew she would never be able to understand my actions. This was just more proof of what an awful person she was too. I hoped my brother would be able to see she wasn't interested in raising me.

"There's nothing wrong with her eating in her room. Autistics need to have sameness in their everyday routine," he told Emily.

"Are you seriously giving into her tantrum?" she asked him as he sighed. "She has to follow my rules if she's living under our roof," she insisted, even though my meltdown never stopped.

"Emily, you can't just expect her to abide by your rules. She has her own rules she needs to be aware of before anything else," he explained to her. "Why force her into a situation she's not even used to?" he asked her when she scoffed in disgust.

I still didn't stop, despite the situation being resolved. I had lost all control, and I needed help getting back to reality. I didn't really think my brother knew what to really do though. I still avoided eye contact while I kept on rocking and screaming rather loudly. It wasn't long until I tired myself out and went to my room with my plate of food.

After I finished eating, I brought everything out and set it on the counter then. I wasn't too sure whether I liked Emily's crazy rules, especially when she misunderstood me nearly all the time.

How am I supposed to live in a new place like this? There's no way I could adjust to the things she expected me to. My mind couldn't function the way she was thinking. It didn't matter what my brother told her because she didn't seem to listen at all.

I hope you enjoy it. :S I know it's not the best... but I've been working a lot harder than I used to when it comes to writing.
Old April 22nd, 2016 (10:30 AM).

Nature: Naive
I guess I'll post what I have of chapter 2 here... So.. yeah.

Chapter 2: The Bad Side of the Caves

“We’re packing up, Green..” Fang said as she stuffed the Toolbox with berries, Elixirs, and Blast Seeds. “I can’t do this…” Green looked at her, distressed. “Why can’t you do it, Fang?” He asked, kneeling in front of her. “I’m tired of this, Green. I can’t take it. I don’t know if I’m good for the team anymore…” She said. Green then punched her in the stomach. “Stop talking like that!!!” He screamed. “Wasn’t it you who told me not to lose my faith in you?! Wasn’t it you who dragged me through the canyon to try to find out the truth about your past?! Wasn’t it you who even had faith in me, no matter what?! Wasn’t it you who even said we’ll never know until we found the truth?! Well?!” Fang stood up and walked up to him, but he continued yelling, “I don’t think you’re like yourself anymore, Fang! I can’t go on like this if you’re gonna give up this easily! This isn’t what I wanted for us!” He soon joined hands with hers and calmed down, starting to cry. “I just wanted for the both of us to be happy, Fang. This is the exact opposite.” He said in the midst of his tears. Fang, realizing her mistakes, hugged Green. “I… I’m sorry, Green… I shouldn’t have said that…” She said. As she burrowed her face into Green’s chest, she began to glow, and she soon began to change.
Green stepped back, surprised. He didn’t expect her to evolve just now. But it was exactly what she needed. After transforming, she looked at herself, and was surprised. “D-Did I finally evolve?” She asked. But her realization came from Green, who was giving her a warm smile. “Yeah. Now, this new strength of yours should do well… I talked with Alakazam, and he told us that we’re gonna have to run off someday…” He said. “I guess he meant today.” Fang nodded, and looked out the door. Thankfully, no one had spotted her, but Caterpie was there. “Fang..? Green?” She asked. Fang let her inside. Fang then had a long talk with Caterpie.
“Caterpie… I want you to listen to me. Tell the people who believe in me that I’m going to find out who I really am… So I can see if I am the human from the Ninetales Legend. Is that ok?” She asked, tears in her eyes.
“But… Fang… We… I…” Caterpie was speechless.
“I’ll be back. I promise.” Fang soon hugged Caterpie. “Consider this your first mission as a member of our team.”

Caterpie was excited. In a flash, Caterpie ran off, leaving Fang surprised. “She is fast…” she said. “But… We’re gonna have to be fast too, Green.” She smiled and offered her hand to him. “Do you want to run with me, Green?” In response, Green laid his hand on the palm of her hand and nodded. “Of course.” He said. “It’s like what you said one time. I can’t do without you. And you can’t do without me. That’s our rescue team motto, is it not?” He smiled. Fang giggled and hugged him. “Let’s just go already… I can smell the angry mob from here.” She said. With that… they ran off. Pursuers, however, spotted them, and gave chase without them knowing.

After what seemed like hours, Fang and Green had conquered every fissure, fire, and flood that was in their way. After the time they ran, they finally reached a cave, panting heavily. “D-Do you think they chased us?” Green asked, wiping the sweat from his hair. Fang nodded. “Probably. I mean, we are the most wanted people in the world. Besides… they think I’m the human from the legend, Green.” Fang said, smiling. “There they are! Attack!” Shiftry said, surprising Green. “Shoot! We’ve gotta get in there, Fang!” He said, pulling her into the cave, running as fast as he possibly could. “Oh, Arceus!!!” Fang screamed, not expecting this. Green soon slowed down and let her go.
“I’m sorry, Fang, but this is the only way we can go now.” He said.
“It’s not that, Green… you scared the living crap out of me.” Fang responded, laughing with an embarassed look on her face.
“Oh, I see how it is. You’re lucky I don’t have the mask.” Green smirked.
“I swear to Arceus, Green, I’m gonna hit you if you ever mention that mask again.”
“I’m only kidding, Fang.”
“Sure, you are.”
“Oh, so now you’re being sarcastic?”
“Maybe I am. What’re you gonna do about it?”
Green smirked. “I know exactly what I’m gonna do about it!” He said as he pulled Fang in and gave her a long noogie. Fang laughed and pretended to struggle, and soon, he let her go.

“Ok, you got me there.” Fang said. “But seriously, I hate that mask, Green.” They sighed and stood up, beginning to walk. “So, Fang. What do you think is gonna be on the other side of this cave?” Green asked. Fang shrugged. “I don’t know, Green. I can’t really predict the future. But what I do know… Is that we’re still gonna have to keep going. Until we find the truth.” Green nodded, and was suddenly blown away by a powerful gust of wind. Fang turned to see Shiftry and his team. “Shiftry… I don’t wanna have to do this, dude…” Fang said. Shiftry hesitated, but then he said, “Well, that’s too bad, punk. You’re a wanted woman with your best friend. Face it, you’re gonna die.”

Hey! I've got 2 fanfics in the works right now! Check them out if you want to!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=367584
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368655
Old May 3rd, 2016 (11:52 AM).

Time to shamelessly plug/tease the next chapter of my fanfic, entitled "The Adventures of Josh":

Excerpt of Chapter 3

So I began the long walk back to Olivine. It was definitely easier going downhill than it had been coming up, and Olivine was in sight practically from the very beginning of my journey due to the plateau’s height.

The only good thing in sight, I thought as I tried to avoid slipping and sliding all the way down the steep cliff road.

That was another thing. Some of the ridges were too high to jump down, so I had to climb down them, being careful not to fall and break a leg and become Raticate food by nighttime. After climbing down one particularly tall ridge, I decided to take a break, feet hanging off the next ridge I had to climb down. As I sucked one of the ice cream lollipops the farmer had given me, I gazed down upon Olivine and its magnificent lighthouse and port, the beautiful white ships, the bright sunshine glowing down on everything… the whole scene made me feel kinda like a little kid without a care in the world. The last time I’d feel anything close to that for a long time.
Old May 3rd, 2016 (7:55 PM).

I feel that my story needs more love

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360025

Please feel free to comment on my story.
Old May 7th, 2016 (10:51 PM).
Ridiculously unsure
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
I wrote a thing, that I might expand on and publish in its own thread, that I might update reguarlarly. xD Anyways, here it is;

Spoiler:
The year started out as it always does, with the customary celebrations of the village and the excessive feasts and dancing. A new chief had been selected too, the old one stepping down, leaving behind a legacy of development and adored leadership. He was too old, and hadn't long left to live anyway. The first female chief in a hundred and fifty years had taken over, and the people loved her. A mother to all, she was sometimes called. Ah, I wonder how they're doing?

Once the celebrations had died out over the weeks, the farmers readied for the harvests and the miners for work, before the next six months of winter rolled around. The village was well known for exporting Fernium, a metal used to craft the armories of most human kingdoms, and we flourished for it. All those with able bodies mined for hours a day, and only those who could not took to farming.

It must be two weeks into winter now, and the mines have probably closed, if not by men then by snow. It's always the coldest at the start, and the northern winds never helped survive the long, slow bitterness.

We loved summer as much as we hated winter, maybe even more. Summer was the time of genuine smiles and mirthful greetings, colourful flowers and prettier birds, warming sunshine and cool rivers, uplifting mornings and merry afternoons, for most, but not me. At least, not anymore. And it was on such a summer day that I left, looking back only to promise to return, injured if not alive.

A messenger, as he had called himself, rode into the village on an extraordinary horse, both tall and muscular. He slid off the saddle, adorned with weapons and the royal crest, and demanded that the villagers be gathered up, which, on a Sunday, was no easy feat, and when they were, he made an announcement.

A single child was to be selected, between the ages of sixteen and twenty, to meet with the High King, in the south west. He used the word champion, adorning his request whith prestige and honour. And I broke, and I stepped forward, tired of the cycles of the same agony and the same happiness. I was told to begin my journey a week from then, and then the messenger was gone.

The King was known to call upon villagers often, to join the ranks of his Knights and soldiers and to most, and me, this seemed the same, and against the wishes of many, incluing my mother, the new chief, I prepared for the journey. A farmer, a friend as long as I can remember, lent me a horse, with a smile and a pat on the back for good luck and once I made my peace with my mother, and I thanked her, I left, looking ahead across the plain.

And so, here I am now, riding out towards the south, the Sun rising beside me, to the High King, and to Erethgar.

Old May 8th, 2016 (12:20 AM).
Oro.........?
Silver Tier

Nature: Hardy
Here's a short story about "Narrow Escape"

Spoiler:
“ Narrow Escape”
I remembered it happened in 1960’s but it still fresh in my mind. The Burmese army took over the government. People tried to fight for freedom but they failed. The army aggressively attacked the public, took away females and children, killed people who against them. The females were made prostitutes and children were forced to become young soldiers. People lived in fear as they would know that their lives were in danger.
Therefore, I volunteered myself to assist these people to fight their fear and give them a good aid of life. With my friends Macro, Tense and Abu, we departed to Burma from London, United Kingdom. When we arrived there, I saw military armies guarding the airport and they were fully geared. They looked fierce and behaved rudely. We showed out passports and our permission to visit the country to them. They allowed us to go and we took a taxi ride to the north region.
Before we left, the armies told us that our lives were not guaranteed in the outskirts.
We took about 5 days by taxi ride, bus, boat and lastly walking. We reached a remote village where refugees were. The village was protected by the rebels of the Burmese army. The young kids were recruited voluntary as small scouting troops. They did so because they wanted to protect their family.
The people lived in a very harsh condition. The food was hard to get from towns as it was so remote and deep in the jungle, so they either planted themselves or went to hunt in the jungle. Health issue was the big thing for the villagers as there were no medical supplies available for treating illness so they fell sick and could not recover properly. Some of them even died. Without hesitation, we quickly lend our hands to them.
Macro and Tense gathered the ill villagers for medical checkups and provided any possible treatments for them. They were professional doctors. Abu interacted with the rebels and helped to train them. He was an elite soldier in World War Two. I was a teacher and responsible to help the villagers to gain faith for their God so they would think positively and be more determined to survive through this condition.
While my friends and I were gathering around with villagers for some singing performances, suddenly a house next to us exploded. It was a mortar attack. We quickly ran with the villagers to the deep bushes for safety. The Burmese army had found the village location and planned an ambush.
They pulled out their rifles and sprayed the bullets to the villagers. The unfortunate ones were shot to death. Houses were burned and rice fields were destroyed. Some of the villagers lost their limbs from the impact of mortar attacks.
We thought we could run away safely but not we were wrong. The rebels lead us through the thick forest floor and suddenly the armies popped out in front of us and threatened us to halt. We did not dare to move even a single muscle as they aimed their weapons to our heads. We were handicapped and thrown into a truck. Although we tried very hard to escape but the army knocked us down and became unconscious.
When I was awake, I realized that I was locked in a cage but with animals around. The smell was like awful molded cheese. When I looked up, I saw two men were guarding the cage. I knew that we became hostages. Soon, these men brought me into a room. I saw my friends were in the room too and their mouths were closed with a tape.
After a while, a commander came out and stared at us with cunning eyes. He said that who supported the rebels would be executed. However, since we were foreigners he offered us a spare life if we could collect a million pounds.
What a million pounds? I would work for 10 years tirelessly to get that enormous of cash. Back to the story, so Abu was the first to disagree. He said that we were not going out just to pay him the money so he could be filthy rich and continued killing more innocent people.
The commander was irritated and pulled out his pistol and shot Abu’s leg. Abu screamed painfully but the mean commander made his pain even worse. He grabbed a pot of hot water and poured on his wound. We could not do anything but just looked at Abu’s misery. Then, the commander ordered the two soldiers to bring us to a special room so he could execute us all.
In the dark room, we could barely see each other and our hands were chained together. Although Abu was in terrible pain, he was still able to be stay conscious and this proved that he had a true soldier spirit to continue surviving. Tense was in afraid and she wanted to get out from here because she did not want to stay here anymore. Everyone was down and had no idea what to do next. Suddenly, Macro came up with an idea.
Macro begged to the soldiers that he needed to pee. They were so easy to trust him and brought gim out from the room and let him pee at the bushes nearby. Macro quickly stole their keys when they were not aware and quickly threw the keys to me. I quickly unlocked the key chain and helped the rest to get out. Macro knocked out the soldiers and took their weapons. We ran as fast as possible before someone else found us.
Abu could see the armies were having fun with the prostitutes so we would have a good chance to escape. Along the way, we saw a lot of people were locked in the cage and were begging to get out. We quickly released them and lead them to escape.
We thought it was over but the armies had found us escaping. The commander became furious and ordered to deploy trucks and armies to search and kill us. We hear a loud alarm sound from far distance and we tried to run as fast as we could. However, we ran to a dead end cliff with no other way to head on. Abu saw a small narrow wooden bridge and told us to cross it. The bridge was partially damaged and lots of wood planks were fragile so we tried to cross it carefully.
When we successfully crossed the bridge, we heard someone shouting. It was the armies. Gunshots were fired from them and we were running very fast. Some of us were hit and were unable to move further. We panicked but we tried to find a way to get out. However, the armies eventually stopped us and brought us to the commander.
We were brought back to the military base. All the armies were equipped with weapons. We really had no way to escape anymore. The commander took out his pistol and pointed to Abu’s head. Commander asked him for his final words but Abu said that he did want to die from the evil and dirty commander. The commander became angry and pulled the trigger.
“Click!” The pistol was jammed. The commander threw away the pistol and used his small knife to cut Abu’s throat. Abu closed his eyes calmly, seemingly waiting for his death.
Just when the commander swung his knife, a loud explosion surprised all of us. Guns were fired from any direction and pinned the armies down. It was the rebels. The commander was panicking and tried to run but Abu quickly pushed him down and handicapped him.
The commander surrendered and the rebels decided to put him inside the jail until his death. We were saved by the rebels and we were grateful for them. The rebels thanked us for helping them so that they could live on.
After a few years, the Myanmar government was replaced by a new form of government and the army forces became weaker and weaker. The people in the country became united and they were deserved to gain their freedom. We were still helping them after the incident. Although we are old, our memories are still fresh about the narrow escape which was terrifying until now.
The end.

and here is another recent story that I made for a while, still ongoing so I welcome for any feedback.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368394

(avatar and sig by Anatasia}
My Artwork Thread /
PC Discord Server
Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:14 AM).

Send a message via Skype™ to TrashyVerse
I have written and posted oneshots on Pokecommunity and I would like feedback regarding well... Anything you think needs commenting about! No one ever comments on my stories and I just really want feedback!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371885 I suggest you read Save Fail before We All Go Down Together

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371897 We All Go Down Together

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371886 These are a few drabbles I did. They contain Ash X Clemont and Serena X Clemont. They're G-rated and very very one-sided.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371410 An ongoing fic that I have posted but I haven't gotten any chapters up lately because again, no one's giving me feedback D :
Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:57 PM).
Turtles > You

Oh wow...

I haven't posted here in quite some time. I may be cooking something up for a return here, I don't know. Just depends on how I feel. For those of you who don't know, I've written a few fics here and there. Though my writing has gotten significantly better, I am most satisfied with my first piece of work:

Poke Special Manga: DP

Brief synopsis of why I started writing the above... I was unsatisfied with the direction of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum installment of the Pokemon Adventures manga and decided to put my own spin on it. In a nutshell, it's a shameless journey fic that was SO fun to write. I enjoyed the pacing and short-ish length of the chapters.

Needless to say, I hope to get back in the realm of writing a Pokemon fic just as fast-paced and action filled as my first fic. I've got some ideas floating around in my head, but I'm gonna have to hash some things out.

In the meantime, I look forward to lurking some of the fics that have been posted here and in the main forum.

~TK
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links