• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Threats in OU gen 5 (WIP) (Updated 7/6/11)

Gengar889

Hiding behind purple text...
Years
Usually laughed at for this set but here it is;

Terra Firma (Terrakion) @ Leftovers Trait: Justified
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sacred Sword
- Taunt
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Reflect

Stats from HP to Speed;
361/320/216/162/216/346

I've almost always seen Terrakions as leads being Rock Polishers or Swords Dancers, but I've had amazing use from this as an anti-lead, especially considering how usual leads are weak to fighting, or, how usual leads whom set up Stealth Rocks, Spikes, status like sleep, etc. are out-sped by Terrakion.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Usually laughed at for this set but here it is;

Terra Firma (Terrakion) @ Leftovers Trait: Justified
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sacred Sword
- Taunt
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Reflect

Stats from HP to Speed;
361/320/216/162/216/346

I've almost always seen Terrakions as leads being Rock Polishers or Swords Dancers, but I've had amazing use from this as an anti-lead, especially considering how usual leads are weak to fighting, or, how usual leads whom set up Stealth Rocks, Spikes, status like sleep, etc. are out-sped by Terrakion.

I don't think that's used enough to warrant a position on the threat list, though I guess it makes moderate sense. Terrakion also loses to leads like Taunt Gliscor though. I don't want to discourage it since I've honestly never used it and I don't know if it's effective but it just doesn't seem very effective to me, especially since leads like Tyranitar simply aren't going to lead when it sees Terakion in the lead slot.

Gengar889

Hiding behind purple text...
Years
I don't think that's used enough to warrant a position on the threat list, though I guess it makes moderate sense. Terrakion also loses to leads like Taunt Gliscor though. I don't want to discourage it since I've honestly never used it and I don't know if it's effective but it just doesn't seem very effective to me, especially since leads like Tyranitar simply aren't going to lead when it sees Terakion in the lead slot.

Yes, that makes sense, but I forgot about wifi showing your entire team like the PBR series; I've been playing on Pokemon-Online in the DW tier, it doesn't show teams before a battle and doesn't allow rearranging.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Yes, that makes sense, but I forgot about wifi showing your entire team like the PBR series; I've been playing on Pokemon-Online in the DW tier, it doesn't show teams before a battle and doesn't allow rearranging.

The standard metagame is WiFi, which this list is comprised for (note the lack of sets for Ditto and Keldeo/Genosekt). Aaaaand in WiFi there is indeed Team Preview. ;o;

Regardless, though, I myself am disinclined for us to have such a set on the threat list because it's never used and thus most should not take it into account as a legitimate "threat". Perhaps if it were used more but tbh I don't see it happening, especially since the RP/SD/Choice sets are so much more effective and make better use of its abilities. I'd honestly say this Taunt/Reflect lead set is more of a gimmick than anything (successful gimmick? maybe, never tried it) but regardless it's not a threat people should have to account for.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Though it's not a huge priority, at some point we will probably want to combine these threats and the ones from the first four generations, since they share the same metagame and it's not the early speculative stage where the older Pokemon are more or less known quantities and everyone wants to try out the new ones.

This looks to be even bigger than the gen 4 threat list though so at some point a way to organize this should be figured out, but yeah, we should start to finalize the early version of this threat list and make it more presentable and easier to navigate.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Though it's not a huge priority, at some point we will probably want to combine these threats and the ones from the first four generations, since they share the same metagame and it's not the early speculative stage where the older Pokemon are more or less known quantities and everyone wants to try out the new ones.

This looks to be even bigger than the gen 4 threat list though so at some point a way to organize this should be figured out, but yeah, we should start to finalize the early version of this threat list and make it more presentable and easier to navigate.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Oh dont worry i was gonna combine them.

What im gonna do is combine them and all the sets onto one threat list. Its alot smaller now i removed the UU junk.

It would of been done but lack of motivation + irl = ugh lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Yeah no..

Read back through this thread as to why Musharna was rejected.

Back