• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Welcome to THE GAMING CENTRAL! Where we bust our minds of at detailing all the minute aspects of a handful of short console games! Fun, no?

And while we're at it, let's talk about the hardest Pokémon game in your opinion!
Bonus marks for spin-offs!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I forgot this thread existed, tbh...

I tried bug and also grass type monotype runs in HGSS. The latter is particularly tough, especially in Johto. Try Bugsy's U-turning Scyther! @_@

I beat it though, including beating up Red with a mid 50s team. And a bunch of revives. =p

Sirfetch’d

Challenges are quite fun and i have completed both a nuzlocke and a monotype. I find solo runs to be the best challenges though as nuzlockes can become very difficult.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I've never done a monotype or a nuzlocke or anything, lol. I stick to the books when it comes to the typical Pokemon journey, I guess.

Same here. Doing a Nuzlocke/Monotype challenge means deleting your save file, and I really hate doing that :(

I find them interesting to watch on YouTube, however.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've started challenges, but never completed them for numerous reasons. I need to have some time to dedicate to them as well as have a stable emulator so I can play them. xD

I should try a monotype someday. those sound fun~

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The closest thing I've done to a Challenge is complete one of the Elite Fours (I think it might have been HGSS but I could be mistaken) with a purely Water-based team. It was Milotic, Kingdra, Lanturn, Lapras, Gyarados and... I want to say Quagsire although I could be mistaken. Fun times, although I don't know if I'd do it with any other type, or again, for that matter.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I can't really find myself committed enough to do challenges. I've tried nuzlocke runs a few times before but never found them as enjoyable as standard runs.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Getting back into the groove of the challenges.got my 3rd one done and i'm going for 4!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've tried to do a Nuzlocke run in Pokémon Emerald before, but I kind of just gave up on it by the time I got to Mauville City. All of strongest Pokémon had fainted by then, so I was required to have them removed from my team. After that, Wurmple and Poochyena were the only Pokémon that I was left with. Also, I've defeated the Elite Four once in Pokémon Ruby with Swampert only. I'm not exactly sure if that counts as a challenge, but it was kind of a hard task for me. d:

Years
Well, as I said in my introduction thread, i've completed a few Nuzlockes, and one Monotype not here (not counting the ones i'm doing for the Ultimate Monotype). And a few No Evolutions runs, also.

And i've looked into more challenges, so you can say i'm quite into those types of playthroughs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Also, I've defeated the Elite Four once in Pokémon Ruby with Swampert only. I'm not exactly sure if that counts as a challenge, but it was kind of a hard task for me. d:
That would be the solo pokemon challenge so I'd say it certainly counts! I myself actually finished a Solo Furret challenge on White and I'm now doing a Solo Porygon2 challenge since I enjoyed it so much haha. ♥

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If y'all are gonna talk about challenges, I'm gonna move this to Challenges!

I had a bad day, so I think I'll work on my Gender Discrimination challenge a bit. See if it can get my mind off stuff.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hey thread, nice to see you again! Poor Challenges has been lonely without you to brighten our day....

How long has it been? Year? 2 years?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tbh, I thought this thread had died somewhere. It wasn't in here at least! It has been a while since it got moved to Challenges though, haha.

Edit: I think I accidentally left the redirect on this one OOPS

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I'm kinda glad it got moved here. I also was able to continue the Gym Leader Challenge,a challenge i did miss doing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a few other challenges but like they're on roms on harder so I don't feel like doing them right now haha. I'll get back to them eventually.

tnfsf11

ROMs are the most conventional because you don't suffer from "corrupted save file" & "battery ran dry" errors, but I guess it's not the perfect for challenges tbh, coz some people like me can't stop using savestates, I don't abuse them but I use them occasionally & always feel guilty :P

I don't usually play ROMs on my PC, I prefer playing them on my PSP; on the go ;) especially games like Pokémon & Super Mario...

Back