• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Master Troll Pokemon of Generation 3

Years
[SIZE="a"]OK I want to know your opinion of which Pokemon gave you the most trouble or were the most annoying pokemon in all of the generation 3 games?[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Wingulls appear everywhere, using supersonic all the time, which never misses. Plus whenever I use Wingull, it's useless.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though it's/they're hindered by Truant, I found Norman's Slaking very hard to beat because it/they hit(s) hard and fast.

Since I went with Mudkip as my starter the first time I played Sapphire, I had problems with Grass Pokemon (particularly the Lotad line and Roselia) because I was very stubborn on only training Mudkip back then, and those Pokemon gave me a hard time in battle.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I found all those pokemon such as Mightyena and such who won't let you run from a battle at first, and will only let you after they have confused you or used growl or some other insignificant move.

It just irritated me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I remember a Cool Trainer with Milotic kicked my ass after Fortree City. I found all the gym leaders and elite 4 hard, which is something I don't really find anymore. Maybe it was my age. I still have trouble with Tate and Liza sometimes actually.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Norman's Spinda was the most obnoxious through my hoenn region playthroughs. I don't mind hard to fight pokemon, but teeter dance was such a pain. I have absolutely no luck by nature, so usually my pokemon decided to hit itself from confusion and it lasted for the maximum length of five turns. Unlike super sonic, which misses nearly as much as it hits, teeter dance never misses, like freaking confuse ray, and I can only cry every time I get hit by it T.T

Despite this, I'm rather fond of Spinda.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
Wingulls appear everywhere, using supersonic all the time, which never misses. Plus whenever I use Wingull, it's useless.
This is the story of my life

I remember a Cool Trainer with Milotic kicked my ass after Fortree City. I found all the gym leaders and elite 4 hard, which is something I don't really find anymore. Maybe it was my age. I still have trouble with Tate and Liza sometimes actually.
Tate and Liza only gave me an issue in emerald when they had four pokemon the ruby i murdered them with shiftry and sceptile
Norman's Spinda was the most obnoxious through my hoenn region playthroughs. I don't mind hard to fight pokemon, but teeter dance was such a pain. I have absolutely no luck by nature, so usually my pokemon decided to hit itself from confusion and it lasted for the maximum length of five turns. Unlike super sonic, which misses nearly as much as it hits, teeter dance never misses, like freaking confuse ray, and I can only cry every time I get hit by it T.T

Despite this, I'm rather fond of Spinda.

Spinda caused me to throw my gameboy across the room multiple times.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Norman's Slaking gave me the hardest time I ever experienced on a Pokemon game so far. I wasn't that good at battling the first time I was up against him, so he pounded me countless times. XD

Also Flannery's Camerupt caused some trouble too Magnitude + Overheat is fairly powerful XD

Years
Flannery's Torkoal was sooo annoying. I'd always just happen to be the opposite sex for Attract to hit, not to mention like 100% paralysis from Body Slam. And with amazing defense, a couple Double Kicks did absolutely nothing.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ooh, Norman's Slaking was QUITE the opponent. I don't remember any of the other Gym Leaders' Pokemon but I still have bad memories of that Slaking. Having said that, Feebas was so much more annoying to find, that it would have to get my vote in this poll. Slaking was just fiendishly tough but not a troll, per se; Feebas is definitely the Master Troll of Hoenn!

Malaa

Years
Gym 7.. Lunatone and Solrock. When you think you have won they just keep spamming the hyper potions..

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
In Ruby, when I tried for the contests, my Gardevoir, maxed out Beauty FYI, lost to a Wobbuffet. I hate them Surskits too, never knew why, but the mere sight of them wants me to Thunder them to Oblivion.

~Always.

Years
Pokemon I hated in Hoenn:

Norman's Slaking - Hits like a tank... literally does.

Pelipper - Those birds and their Protect strategy... they try to eat my PP!

Trapinch - Darn Arena Trap!

Liza's Lunatone/Tate's Solrock - The two you never want to see together... they annoy you with the Calm Mind strategy.

Spinda - I hate how most of their moves rely on confusion.

ppo

(◕‿◕✿)
Years
Tate and Liz always ;-;
Especially when my starter was always Torchic and they just OHKO me with their psychic or whatever...

But one time I got lucky and won with a Wingull LOL

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
If I have to go with the Pokémon that is the biggest troll, I'll have to agree with Wingull. They appeared everytime I was out searching and while I was grinding for levels near Mauville, Supersonicing me to death all the time unless I tried to escape :(

The Pokémon I hated the most though was Norman's Slaking. If it hadn't been for my Aron, I would never have beaten Slaking, just due to its speed and how hard it hit.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Wingull, zubat, any pokemon with a status move. I always got poisoned by poison sting, but when I use it, no poison. Effect spore? Lol always works. Supersonic? That attack only hits if I'm not the one using it. Hypnosis? Ditto. Dragonbreath/bodyslam/electric attacks/static? Enjoy paralysis, its gonna happen. The one status that never happened too much was burn. Even cute charm always seems to hit me.

So any pokemon with status attacks, or abilities like poison point can be added too.

Back