Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page
DCC
ROM Hacking Daily Chit Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (09:20 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by Darkness1178:
Alright so im developing a ROM Hack and while im decent at codding and scripting im complete ass when it comes to map design so if anyone wants to be part of a ROM hack team that im putting together that is decent at map design hit me up
Hey, this isn't the thread for recruiting members for a hack. I suggest you check out this thread here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341220
Old 2 Weeks Ago (06:51 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
What do people think about the Hack-off so far? Would you like to see it in the future? Do you think the time extensions are an indicator that maybe too small a timeframe was given? Are the team sizes adequate? I'd be happy to hear your feedback!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:01 AM).
If my PM box is full, VM instead :x

Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
What do people think about the Hack-off so far? Would you like to see it in the future? Do you think the time extensions are an indicator that maybe too small a timeframe was given? Are the team sizes adequate? I'd be happy to hear your feedback!
Bigger team sizes to make up for leavers/quitters/slackers would probably do it. Also maybe have people sign up for sections. I really dislike doing things like scripting and mapping, being forced on the role really kills my motivation.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though you can call me FBI because it's shorter.

Some of my stuff:
ASM request/resource thread
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:28 AM).
キュウコン
CS

Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
I know I wasn't part of this cycle, but I'd like to see minideadlines next time around to help keep everyone at the same pace. Like, little tasks/pieces of evidence?

IE:
Week 1 - Come up with a story concept, working out who you protagonists/antagonists and other key characters are.
Week 2 - (A) Map your first town and (B) Script your first few events.

They should stay vague, so people can still do what they want to do, but it provides a prompt to get something done - and hopefully if the pace keeps up they'll do more than is required for the first week. From what I could tell, most teams spent a couple of weeks planning out features rather than much story. Story/progression should be key as most features can be changed later on.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (06:45 PM).
Batman

I agree with both FBI and Magic. Also want to add that maybe a reserve list for people who didn't make the cut for the hack off but if someone from one of the teams quit a person waiting could join the team and replace that other member. I don't know if it is a idea that fits for this type of competition but its just an idea that could be used. FBI and Magic already sum up my thoughts of what the competition needed.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.[/sig-reason]
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:26 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by StynaMN.
I make music.

Nature: Sassy
If I were to have general help requests for ROM hacking, would this be the correct thread to do so? I'm looking for some assistance on a school project

EDIT: Never mind, I found the correct one: I'll look to the Beginner's Sub-forum for help. I apologize!
Old 1 Week Ago (07:36 AM).
I like being a drone.
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
How do you guys balance the levels in your hack? I do a poor job at that, in my opinion..

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old 1 Week Ago (12:47 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
How do you guys balance the levels in your hack? I do a poor job at that, in my opinion..
If I give you advice, a lot of pipz will throw virtual rocks at me. >.>

But I'm gonna do it anyway. Basically, I play my game like normal and if I find the levels too low or too high, I'll adjust them. :3

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old 1 Week Ago (01:37 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
If I give you advice, a lot of pipz will throw virtual rocks at me. >.>

But I'm gonna do it anyway. Basically, I play my game like normal and if I find the levels too low or too high, I'll adjust them. :3
No rocks, this is probably the best way to manage the level curve of your hack, Dark Sneasel.

Remember that in official games, Trainers are generally stronger than the wild Pokémon of an area. Take this into account, level up the Wild Pokémon of a route by about 3-4 levels as you progress through the routes, and have the Trainers about 2-3 levels higher than the wild Pokémon.

That's just a tip. The only way you can figure out for sure is by trying it, and playing through it to see how it would work for a regular player.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old 5 Days Ago (08:46 PM).
"Smell ya later!"

Nature: Quirky
I like it the old way. Maybe a few more weeks would be better <(^-^)>
Old 4 Days Ago (07:04 AM).

Do you guys know any GBC hacks with physical/special split? I once found a hack of Crystal which had this awesome feature but the file got deleted and now I can't seem to find anything but the christmas 2014 hack. Any suggestions? Would love to play that Crystal hack again, feraligatr was actually a viable starter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links