• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP - Pokemon Shiny Diamond

What starters do you want?

• Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
Your Room is WAY to big. I suggest you get better tiles, or improve your mapping.The tiles are ok, but you should use other peoples comments to improve your game.But, i wish you good luck with your game.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
@kox9sxe and @Miggs
Neo-Spriteman's deviantart account is posting examples of work to copy maps cause Neo-Spriteman is the Mapper and Eventer..

BACK TO DEVELOPING!! Actually i joked when i said 3 days!! It was 2 days. So, i will post a video for the Shiny Diamond opening due to Elaynii's introduction.

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
The Shiny Diamond's Opening

READ!
Spoiler:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I can't say what's worse, the mapping or the grammar.

For one, why does mom a have pokemon center counter tiles in the house? Rowan: Good choice, Care it well. does not make any sense whatsoever. You need to get a translator for you game alone...To make it english.

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
Well I can see a lot of things wrong with this game. The grammar...did you go to school? You must know by the age of FIVE that "I" when you're talking about yourself it's a captial? The maps are just...sorry, scabby. They are WAY to spacey. The VS sequence is scabby and probably rushed on Paint. You need to clean uip this game.
--------
GSorby

TheMarkCrafter

Years
@gsorby Well, how about your game Pokemon: The Nightmare? You stole the BAG, FIGHT, RUN, and POKEMON from O.G. Duke (omega groudon)'s Project "Pokemon Raptor"
And i have a new sprite for Lucas, it's made by this guy Tell me if it's good.
(pic at attachments)

Years
Although GSorby and Omega Groudon's fight scenes look a little alike, they are not the same, which means he has not stolen them.

Lashing out at someone because they gave you bad criticism really isn't the way to go.
Before flailing at someone and criticising their game for being similar to another game, remember you are making a Pokemon fan game, so your game bears resemblance to many others, including the official games.

GSorby is right on many points, like the mapping etc, it needs work, but i'm sure you know that. They are too spacious, maps seem to feel more alive if you cram them full of stuff, but leave room for the player to explore.

One turnoff for people playing your game, is spelling and grammar. People generally turn the game off if there's consistent bad spelling/grammar, so that's another issue to address.

Although GSorby may not have gone about criticising your game the right way, and suggesting how to improve things, you should listen to him. Ultimately, you're making this game for the public to play, so let the public have their input.

I'm not getting at you, I just thought it needed to be said.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Well I can see a lot of things wrong with this game. The grammar...did you go to school? You must know by the age of FIVE that "I" when you're talking about yourself it's a captial? The maps are just...sorry, scabby. They are WAY to spacey. The VS sequence is scabby and probably rushed on Paint. You need to clean uip this game.
--------
GSorby
if you looked at the previous posts, you'd learn that snivy, is arabaic, so thats why his grammar sucks.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Although GSorby and Omega Groudon's fight scenes look a little alike, they are not the same, which means he has not stolen them.

Lashing out at someone because they gave you bad criticism really isn't the way to go.
Before flailing at someone and criticising their game for being similar to another game, remember you are making a Pokemon fan game, so your game bears resemblance to many others, including the official games.

GSorby is right on many points, like the mapping etc, it needs work, but i'm sure you know that. They are too spacious, maps seem to feel more alive if you cram them full of stuff, but leave room for the player to explore.

One turnoff for people playing your game, is spelling and grammar. People generally turn the game off if there's consistent bad spelling/grammar, so that's another issue to address.
Although GSorby may not have gone about criticising your game the right way, and suggesting how to improve things, you should listen to him. Ultimately, you're making this game for the public to play, so let the public have their input.

I'm not getting at you, I just thought it needed to be said.

Shouldn't of bothered with the massive post lol as he wont be able to comprehend it unless someone is able to translate it for him. By the way Kingsnivy irony is shown when you mention about stolen things every-time.

Years
Don't think his arabic, tho this is a improvement snivy.. CBF going criticism because your just going to back it down, but a improvement.

Years
Ok, i give up here.
You obviously just skipped past my last post which was trying to help, and decided to correct someone's grammar instead, getting some wrong yourself.

I'm gonna give a last comment, then leave this thread. But you probably won't read or listen to it anyway.

Scripts:

Try and not leave everything as default. Otherwise your game will turn out like everyone else's using Venom12's mod in terms of looks. Try learning scripting yourself, and expanding the features.

Mapping:

This has been said before, your maps are too big and empty. A house inside doesn't need a 25 x 25 map, just the default size is fine with the edges cut off. Try and fill your maps with tiles, not just the bare minimum.

You should try and listen to everyone who posts on this thread as they're trying to help. If you ignore them, well, they'll just get fed up and stop caring, like me :/

Years
Ok, i give up here.
You obviously just skipped past my last post which was trying to help, and decided to correct someone's grammar instead, getting some wrong yourself.

I'm gonna give a last comment, then leave this thread. But you probably won't read or listen to it anyway.

Scripts:

Try and not leave everything as default. Otherwise your game will turn out like everyone else's using Venom12's mod in terms of looks. Try learning scripting yourself, and expanding the features.

Mapping:

This has been said before, your maps are too big and empty. A house inside doesn't need a 25 x 25 map, just the default size is fine with the edges cut off. Try and fill your maps with tiles, not just the bare minimum.

You should try and listen to everyone who posts on this thread as they're trying to help. If you ignore them, well, they'll just get fed up and stop caring, like me :/

Its all a learning process, and your taking it to fast .. maybe you should show more maturity before creating a game ay?

Years
Sure, a learning process, i get that. But it just annoys me when people ignore their public and just bypass completely what they've said.

Anyway, before this thread gets more out of hand/off topic. Good luck with your project KingSnivy, hope it all goes well.

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
New screenies
Spoiler:

marcc5m

what
Years
Awesome! I love your maps, so full and professional!
And the Pokeballs falling off the table is a nice touch.
Good job. :)

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
The maps are awesome? You didnt see awesome maps, the maps are empty, have mixed style etc they looks really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back