• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy

Oshawott Luvr
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
pokemonmdeop.gif

Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

This beautiful region includes snow covered cities, desert routes, mysterious warp zones, and a secret dream world.
The catch is, only Pokémon live here! There is a contest going on for the name of this region. PM me region names and if you win, you will be the first person to test the Pikachu Version.[CENTER

Introduction

Hylia is a region guarded by the gods of old, with the legendary Pokémon keeping the world in balance. Then, the mythical Arceus has gone from protecting the world, to destroying it. No Pokémon are noticing the destruction of the world around them.​

Exploration Teams

Due to the destruction of the world, more Pokémon are washing up on beaches, claiming to be humans. The Hylia region is run on exploration teams, from the world-famous Exploration Training Facility to the eight Exploration Gyms.​

Mystery Dungeons

The world's turmoil has glitched up many caves, turning them into challenging Mystery Dungeons. These Mystery Dungeon will be unlike any other! Pokémon will now just pop out of nowhere, like Pokémon main series games. And to pass the dungeon, you'll have to warp using a legendary God Stone!​

Region Map

HyliaRegionDetailed.PNG

Save the World

Spoiler Alert!​

Spoiler:

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Credits

poccil - For his wonderful Pokémon Essentials kit.
kyledove - Tiles
venom12 - Some ov graphics.
Please tell me if I forgot anyone!​

Help Wanted

I need a scripter who would be able to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon quiz in Pokémon Essentials. Ask for more info.​

Playable Demos

Pikachu Version - Beta Test the game.
Coming Soon!​

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
First of all, Hylia?
If you were a professional game development company you'd have a lawsuit happen here for copying tLoz with Hyrule/Hylia.

Second, I don't like it when people use 'Modern' Pokémon buildings in PMD fan games, it ruins the whole perspective of it being a non human world. Try to find some PMd tiles to use, or get some custom ones. Just not the Main series tiles.

Thirdly, Power? I don't understand why you've used the term 'Power'. Time & Darkness were used because you explore Time & and Darkness, as with sky, how does one explore power, exactly?

Finally, the main plot seems too much like a Pokémon Main Series game. Collecting badges and stuff, if this were to be a PMD, it should at least follow the usual, world in danger, strange pokémon, once a human, kinda thing.

That's all, I wish you luck with this!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I must say... When I read the title I thought about CNG's kit being used, and thought, this must be pretty good and fun... But... I see screenshots and this appears to be a normal Pokémon game, with the character sprite as a Pokémon, that is all... As Nintendork15 pointed out, try using PMD tiles... I felt a little dissapointed by this, but, this could be a good game... A little *Ahem* work, is needed, keep working on this though!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
First of all, Hylia?
If you were a professional game development company you'd have a lawsuit happen here for copying tLoz with Hyrule/Hylia.

He'd also have a lawsuit for making a Pokemon game to begin with, that's not really the core problem here.

To the OP: I think you need to work on your mapping. It's not really the style of mystery dungeon at all, and everything looks too barren and incomplete.

Also, I think you should elaborate a little more with your story synopsis. Why did Arceus disappear? If all these disasters are happing around this world, how would the Pokemon not be aware of it? WHY do you need the God stone to warp out of dungeons? I think you should make your gameplay tie into your story a bit more.

Muddy

Oshawott Luvr
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
I have never heard of Hylia before, but if you want me to change it, I will.

Second, this region is way more advanced than previous mystery dungeon games. I just hate the idea that Pokemon can't even build a house.

Third, Arceus is the main Pokemon in this game, and he is one of the most powerful Pokemon ever, hence Power.

Badges and everything are only added to make this game different than normal mystery dungeon games.

Finally, if you were carrying out a plan to destroy the world, you would try to keep it a secret, right?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 21, 2021
Ugh, i hate it when there is an amazing idea like this and people just abandon it. This thread hasn't even been touched for a year.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
This thread hasn't even been touched for a year.
Oh, you noticed that? I'm sure you're familiar with the "don't post in dead threads" rule, so you can probably figure out why I'm closing this thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back