• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nah I don't see why they'd repeat the name of Serperior in the generation after it. If anything Serperior almost guarantees that Chespin won't be called Chesperior. XD;

Rhyperior was in Generation 4.
Serperior was in Generation 5.

Chesperior...as awful as it sounds...is still possible in Gen 6...just as the possibility of Fennekin being Fire/Fighting. Just pray that neither happen.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I love ALL 3 of them. The frog took a whole day to grow on me. And Chespin gave be the worst first impression, but now I do love them all!

Now, Frokie better have a manly Mustache when he evolves. Some of my love is based on the FanArt Evolutions!

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
I like all three starters; I think each one's got its own unique personality to it. :)

If I had to choose one, I think I'm leaning toward starting with Chespin. He looks like he'd be a good traveling buddy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Here's an interesting image I found on Tumblr regarding Fennekin:

Spoiler:

It's tough being the new kid.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Here's an interesting image I found on Tumblr regarding Fennekin:

Spoiler:

It's tough being the new kid.
Lol. I love that picture. I'm with Blaziken (who happened to just be my first starter...), Fennekin better not be Fire/Fighting!
Also It'll be interesting if Fennekin's evolution does turn into Fire/Psychic as it'll mean the only none Fire/Fighting Starters (not counting the pure Typlosion) are strong against Fighting (Charzard with Flying and Fennekin's evo with Psychic...). It'll also make Fennekin the strongest out of the six!

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Chespin's evolutions look pretty cool, although I'm not sure if the ones I seen were legit.
So far my favorite is Fennekin. It's so cute :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Fingers crossed for Chespin evolving into a Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark type. This is the first time I didn't like the Water type, and the second time I liked the grass type.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
When I first saw the announcement, I liked all the starters. I didn't know which to choose, so I decided to wait for the evolutions first (odd, because I never do that). Then a few days later, Chespin won me over. So Chespin it is! :D

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

When I first saw the announcement, I liked all the starters. I didn't know which to choose, so I decided to wait for the evolutions first (odd, because I never do that). Then a few days later, Chespin won me over. So Chespin it is! :D

Yeah pretty much this! It explains my theme :P I'd be willing to change after the evo's are revealed though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Spoiler:

If you look at the highlighted portion it kinda hints to Fennekin being Fire/Psychic and Froakie being Water/Fighting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Source please? Looks fishy.

Yeah, it does. I'll try to find the source but I do hope it's true!

Edit: The closest I'm getting to a source is that it's from Nintendo Force so that might mean nothing.

Last edited:

Victini

Iirc, Nintendo Force just writes about Nintendo products and releases. They make commentary and speculation on new things coming out. So those comments about Fennekin and Froakie are just educated guesses based on the display of moves used in the X and Y trailer. ;w; They don't know much more about the game than you and I do.

But what I'm really hoping most of all is that all three starters will start off duo-typed.
A basic starter Pokemon hasn't been duo-typed since Bulbasaur. I definitely believe it's time to change that!

Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting are what I'm hoping for. .w.

pokefan75

Freelance artist and Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
I am Fennekin all the way as you can probably tell by my avatar and signature, second for me would be probably chespin and then froakle, but then again i like those two equally i need to see their evolutions before i decide which one ill choose for the game but most likely ill choose fennekin, its sooo cute :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I have a few ideas as to what the final forms might be
Chespin - Grass/Dragon or Dark
Fennekin - Fire/Flying or Psychic
Froakie - Water/Electric or Flying

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
My major issue with Froakie

I personally think Froakie looks really cool, but, I have a major problem with this pokemon. In the real world, I can only think of 2 animals that go through Pokemon styled changes, which are, caterpillars/butterflys and tadpoles/frogs.

So, they have basically taken the closest thing that the real world has to pokemon evolving, and gotten rid of it, he is going from a frog, to a bigger frog to a bigger frog. this is especially dumb as we have 2 other frog pokemon that started as tadpoles.

In that logic, why don't they just take this generations Caterpie and have it be a little butterfly the evolves into a bigger butterfly two times.

blue

gucci
Years
It's Pokemon and with over 700 designs they're bound to get a little illogical at times, you've never heard of an Ice Cream evolving twice have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back