• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCX] Singing Contest

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
PokèCommunity Singing Contest ☆
brought to you by dragonomega & impo
microphone-300x300.jpg

Welcome to the Pokècommunity 10th anniversary get-together singing contest. Think you have the best voice of our time? Wanting to give Mariah Carey a run for her money? Or just want to show that you can sing? If so, just enter this wonderful contest! n_n

Rules

☆ Do not steal someone else's work and claim it as your own.
☆ You can change your song during the competition, however when it ends the song you have now will be your entry.
☆ When using a backing track do not have any main voices on it, only have back-up singers
☆ You do not have to use backing tracks, you can use your own arrangements.
☆ No bashing anyone else's vocals.
☆ Don't sing anything that isn't in your vocal range, this isn't really a rule but don't try and go for something you know you cannot do.
☆ Attach your file to your post, I'm not too good with file extensions but irrc the ones best to use are; WAV, MP3 and MP4. Sites like Soundcloud are allowed, too. (i'll have to get another word on this )
☆ Make your first post your entry post. After that you may do your 'omg so good' etc posts.
☆ Don't post if you're not entering. Please.
Don't rap
☆ No parody entries. They belong in the parody event -> http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288241

Judging

☆ Judging will be done by myself and Impo and it will be a simple judging system. At the end of the competition myself and Impo, along with another judge who shall remain nameless for now. n_n We will each score you out of 10 and then add up the points. The top 3 will be crowned the winners. If a tie occurs, the two who have tied (or three or more or w.e) will have to participate in a 'sing-off' or you can just forfeit but I'd rather you enter another song and fight!!

Contestants

☆ ~Kawaii~ / Believe - Cher / Here!
☆ -ty- / Someone Like You - Adele / Here!
☆ Bluerang1 / Some Nights - fun. / Here!
☆ EvilSkittles / Praise You with the Dance - Casting Crowns / Here!
☆ Zeffy / TBA - TBA / NA
☆ Kirozane / Goodbye / Here!
☆ Forever / Days and Weeks - Nica / Here!
☆ Gunnerpow7 / Good Time - Owl City [Feat. Carly RJ] / Here!
☆ Olli97 / Fact-Fiction - Mads Langer / Here!

Emblems

1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place
Contestant

Emblems will be up soon. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
AND SO I am entering, kicking this off to an awful great start. I'm not the best singer, but hey, I had fun.

If you've spent your life under a rock, it's a cover of Believe by the great Cher.

Enjoy.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'll be editing my entry here later, I just wanted to point out that the "Contestants" and the next part of your post is overflowing. I don't know if it's just me, but for reference I'm using the Route 167+ theme.

Here is how it looks like in my screen.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
OhgodIhopeI'mnottoolate....
I spent all this time trying to make my voice cooperate... It still won't, but I tried my hardest to make it do so...
I'm sorry I sound so bad... but I tried!
Here it is, hopefully

AHAHAHA I FIXED IT

Last edited:

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
OhgodIhopeI'mnottoolate....
I spent all this time trying to make my voice cooperate... It still won't, but I tried my hardest to make it do so...
I'm sorry I sound so bad... but I tried!
Here it is, hopefully

Your link is broken

I'll be editing my entry here later, I just wanted to point out that the "Contestants" and the next part of your post is overflowing. I don't know if it's just me, but for reference I'm using the Route 167+ theme.

Here is how it looks like in my screen.
It's not just you, mine looks the same and I'm using Infernal Smash theme.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Oh my god guys this is awesome! Keep them coming! Really enjoying listening to the tracks so far!

Perriechu

Years
I'm gonna listen to everyone tomorrow, looking forward to it! Also today is your last chance to enter for round 1. It ends at midnight GMT+0. Good luck!

ipod posting ew

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I'm gonna listen to everyone tomorrow, looking forward to it! Also today is your last chance to enter for round 1. It ends at midnight GMT+0. Good luck!

ipod posting ew

Quick question, do you have an idea if there will be a second round? I don't know if I want to change my first round entry depending on whether there will be two rounds. Thanks!

Perriechu

Years
We did get a decent number of competitors so it's totally doable, buuuut I think it would be unfair to those who want to enter but came on a little late so I think I'll just keep it as a single round that ends on Sunday.

In short, no. However; you can change your entry whenever you like! :)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
We did get a decent number of competitors so it's totally doable, buuuut I think it would be unfair to those who want to enter but came on a little late so I think I'll just keep it as a single round that ends on Sunday.

In short, no. However; you can change your entry whenever you like! :)

Thanks! I will think about it over the next couple of days then.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
SO since others can enter I realised I kept on complaining about everything else I was trying to sing so I created a new song which dragonomega didn't oppose to??? ANYWAY ATTACHED = Days and Weeks, an original thing I came up with in the shower the other day.

Also sound/quality changes as I move my iPhone around n___n;

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I'm joining! This will be a cover of Good Time by Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen. Here is the link... Sorry for the background buzzing and some jumps with accompanied low pitches... Idek what happened lol..

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
So since Alex really wanted me to enter this, and since I was finally able to make it sound good, I decided to do so. Playing on your own instruments were allowed too right, at least otherwise this wouldn't be that good :(

The song is Fact-Fiction by Mads Langer.

Here you go, hope it's alright :D

Rukario

Banned
Years
SO since others can enter I realised I kept on complaining about everything else I was trying to sing so I created a new song which dragonomega didn't oppose to??? ANYWAY ATTACHED = Days and Weeks, an original thing I came up with in the shower the other day.

Also sound/quality changes as I move my iPhone around n___n;
Nice job nica, original lyics are totally ftw.

So since Alex really wanted me to enter this, and since I was finally able to make it sound good, I decided to do so. Playing on your own instruments were allowed too right, at least otherwise this wouldn't be that good :(

The song is Fact-Fiction by Mads Langer.

Here you go, hope it's alright :D

Surprize entry! Nice.

Perriechu

Years
Myself and Impo eventually got around to listening to all your entries and I can say that we've come to a decision. n___n

In 3rd place;
Spoiler:

In 2nd place;
Spoiler:

And now, in 1st place;
Spoiler:

To everyone else, thank you for competing and maybe you'll do better next time! <3

[If non-placers are wanting to know their points just VM me].

You've made it!
Whitney1st.png

Congratulations for placing 1st in the PCX Singing Contest! Whitney would be proud.

It was in your grasp
Mariah2nd.png

Bravo for placing 2nd in the PCX Singing Contest! All Mariah wants for Christmas is your voice!

Don't give up
Britney3rd.png

Don't hold it against me that you placed 3rd in the PCX Singing Contest! Britney tips her hat to you.

Maybe Next Time
rblackcontestant.png

Thanks for entering the PCX Singing Contest! Maybe next time you'll win.

There's your prizes, lol.

Back