• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Could you show us the hex data located at and around the script? XSE has a hex viewer that you can use to screenshot it. My guess is that there is data already in that location that is not a script.
I assume this is what you mean.
prblm.png

As for your recompile attempt not replacing the garbled data, this is because you used the "dynamic" directive. This tells XSE to look for free space at or after the specified offset, and to compile only to free space. So your script is somewhere after the garbled data. If you wish to compile a script to a known offset, you must use offsets instead of @-prefixed name labels (e.x. "#org 0x800000").
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I'm having a problem with the houses on one of my maps, specifically the warps. The warps are set up perfectly, and they behave just fine in AdvanceMap, but when I tested it out in the emulator, it takes me to someplace else altogether. Im using the Pewter City maps for this town, if that matters.

I recorded a video and put it on Youtube in case you don't get what I'm asking. Sorry for the crappy quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcmAlbiYfR4

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, looking through my ROM, there seems to be a somewhat large number of house interiors with no events. No warps, no people, no scripts, no nothing. I don't remember going through and deleting them all, and most of them still have the events, and it's just house interiors that don't have events. The two houses I'm trying to use here were like that too, but I added in the warp. Maybe something happened to my ROM? (I really hope not. That would suck.)

Edit2.0: Nevermind, I just reinserted the map. It works fine now.

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
How do I create a gender-related script i.e I want ot have a simple message box script but a pokepic for a different pokemon depending on if you picked the male or female character, I assume theres a flag for it? or a special command?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
How do I create a gender-related script i.e I want ot have a simple message box script but a pokepic for a different pokemon depending on if you picked the male or female character, I assume theres a flag for it? or a special command?

Here's a script fragment in PKSV
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2016
Does anyone know the Fire Red unLZGBA number(s) for the elemental type icons or any other way I would be able to edit those?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone with animation editing experience VM me? I'm looking for the PokeCenter/Gym/Mart/etc. door animations.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
is there some sort of method to figure out the offset of a certain variable? (like 0x8004 is 0x020370c0)
Using VBA and the cheat finder you can find it. Set up a script and set the variable to a certain value. Search for that. Change the value to something else and search. Eventually you'll be left with one offset.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Using VBA and the cheat finder you can find it. Set up a script and set the variable to a certain value. Search for that. Change the value to something else and search. Eventually you'll be left with one offset.
Adding to this: the temporary variables (0x8000 and up) can be found with this method, but all other script variables are moved around in RAM constantly. Their offsets change frequently.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Adding to this: the temporary variables (0x8000 and up) can be found with this method, but all other script variables are moved around in RAM constantly. Their offsets change frequently.
Then he just needs to make note of that and search for the location of the pointer if that's the case. The offset may change but not the location of the pointer.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Also, How do you create battle backgrounds from standard images 0.o?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Are there any tools or easy way to edit the habitat pokedex in Fire Red? I'd like to be able to move around some of the fakemon I'm making so they make more sense--a Saber-Tooth Cat wouldn't be found in the sea.

It's not a big issue to warrant a lot of work on my part, so that's why I'm only asking if there is a tool.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
AGIxP Help

Hi! I'm new here so I'm hoping this is the right place to post a request for help. I don't see a help area so... Anyways, I'm currently hacking Pokemon Silver Version and I have made quite a bit of progress so far. I tried changing Hiro's trainer card sprite, though, and it bugged out hardcore. I had to delete that rom but fortunately I have several backups so it didn't do much harm. What i want to know though is how I'm supposed to edit the trainer card sprite for Hiro in Silver version. The backsprite worked fine but could someone maybe give me the dimensions (like 56 x 56) for that particular sprite please? Thank!

And if this is the wrong spot to post this could you re-direct me to the right one or at least please answer my question before deleting it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Alright, what I'm trying to do is create two types of grass for my hack, one normal and one snowy. Ive unlocked the tall grass animation and edited the OAM's palette so that i have a few colors for the snow in there, along with all the greens and blues that were there (just making sure, the palette that the grass animations use is ONLY used by the grass and the waves trailing behind while surfing, right?)

ive inserted the new animations for the snow covered grass over the tall grass tiles, and everything loads okay when i test it. however, im having transparency issues. enerything looks fine as im walking into the grass, but once the animation is done, the im covered except for the top of my head. you can see what i mean in the pictures

The last frame's tiles are set up just like the others, so having the wrong tiles there isnt the problem. Also, when i walk to another patch of grass, im still completely covered save for my hat.
If anyone could tell me a fix for this thatd be so awesome

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Alright, what I'm trying to do is create two types of grass for my hack, one normal and one snowy. Ive unlocked the tall grass animation and edited the OAM's palette so that i have a few colors for the snow in there, along with all the greens and blues that were there (just making sure, the palette that the grass animations use is ONLY used by the grass and the waves trailing behind while surfing, right?)

ive inserted the new animations for the snow covered grass over the tall grass tiles, and everything loads okay when i test it. however, im having transparency issues. enerything looks fine as im walking into the grass, but once the animation is done, the im covered except for the top of my head. you can see what i mean in the pictures

The last frame's tiles are set up just like the others, so having the wrong tiles there isnt the problem. Also, when i walk to another patch of grass, im still completely covered save for my hat.
If anyone could tell me a fix for this thatd be so awesome
Just a guess: what are the exact behavior and background bytes on those tiles? It seems like you're having trouble with the tile whenever the animation isn't running (look close at pic 2...).

IIRC you need background 21 (Wild Grass + Hero Covers Block) in addition to the behavior byte for the animation.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Well heres how the tiles are set up for that block and the behaviors

The only difference between this and the normal grass is the 3 is a 2, but that would change it to the green animation. and what you referenced in pic 2 can be fixed by messing with the actual animation tile. i think i just put the same thing in for each frame to save time so i could test it. my main concern is the transparency issue in pic 4. it works in every frame up until the player is completely in the block then he gets buried alive

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
thanks, that worked for the normal snowy grass blocks. but i tried it on the ones that are behind tree tops, and the animation was overlaid on top of the tree. maybe if i tell those not to use the animation since you wont see the character anyway... now i just have to go fix the animation so it actually looks good when walking.

btw, is there a way through hex or anything else to stop cut from working on grass blocks? it causes problems with the snowy blocks (when i cut them, its replaced by an uncuttable normal grass block), and honestly theres no reason to have it there, since it takes longer to go through the menu than it does to run from a pokemon

edit: nevermind. that behavior byte doesnt work. at least not when you walk vertically. the oam will cover the player's head until the animation finishes. i'm tempted to just change the snowy wild encounter blocks to something similar to the blocks from rse's desert. and on that note, would it be possible to add footprint/bike trail animations for the snow blocks, but have them be the right palette? i tried with copying the behavior bytes from the sand blocks to the snow, but the palette was wrong. (gosh im asking so many questions... sorry >.<)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back