• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Chronicles of Fate: E.L.P.T.A [PG+]

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Introduction
Ello! Welcome to my new story. This is one, that I had lingering around for quite some time. One that I had orignally was going to be a game, but ended up deciding against it. So now here it is, in story form. It fits it. Also, these will not be updated, in a routine basis. Of course, I'll update before the thread revival limit, but will not be pushing these out, on a certain scheldule. With that said, please enjoy my weird story.

Prolouge
Hello! Welcome to the world of Pokémon. There are multiple regions, in the world of Pokémon world. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos. All hosting many wonderful Pokémon to enjoy and cherish. But in this tale, our story isn't in any of those places. But a far off region, known as Estino: A series of five islands, which together makes up the entirety of the region. One of these islands is a large island, containing most of Estino's cities and towns. The four, smaller islands are just tourist attractions, except one. This island will host a grand opening of something big. What will it be? Well, let's dive into this world, in the tale of a young man, who begins his journey....

In a Pokémon Trainer school.

DJTiki

Years
PART 1: On An Island Far, Far Away

Chapter 1
Beep. Beep. Beep. A loud sound was ringing. Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound was continually getting louder and louder. Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound was demanding attention.

BEEP.

BEEP.

BE-

The sound was cut off, as a young boy, rose out of bed with a yawn even louder, than that of the alarm. The boy took three steps from his bed, dragging his cold feet across the hardwood floors. He was clad in striped, blue pajamas with a Pokéball image, in its back.

"Today's the big day", the boy thought. He stretched his arm outward, nearly hitting the wall with the painting of a young woman in a black outfit and blonde hair. On the bottom of the painting read the words "Cynthia: The Greatest Champion To Ever Live"

The boy walked into the bathroom, turned the sink on and looked at himself, in the mirror. He saw a young man with brown hair and hazel eyes. Pale skin. In blue pajamas. Nothing too new. When he reached down to grab his toothbrush, he saw a slip of white paper.

He picked it up and it read:

WALTER SIPTER
ONE ADMISSION TO S.S ELPTA
S.S ELPTA TO LEAVE AT 7:40 A.M MAIN/ 8:00 A.M VLAD
REMEMBER TO BRING CLOTHES AND MONEY

7:30? Walter quickly got wide-eyed and rushed to his alarm clock, running over the clothes hastily laid out on the floor. He grabbed his alarm clock from his wooden shelve, accidentally pulling the plug from the alarm. Walter looked dumbfounded as he couldn't put together, why the clock didn't work.

He gazed down at the floor to see the plug not in the outlet. And now all of a sudden it made sense.

"Oh, come on, " Walter grabbed the plug off the floor and plugged it back in the wall.

Work, work, work. Walter kept tapping the clock, thinking it had any connotation to how fast it would turn on. To no surprise, it didn't.

I don't have any time for this, right now. The clock turned on with the time showing "88:88". Obviously, this wasn't the actual time.

Hurry up, you stupid alarm. The clock started to blink and blink from 88:88 to nothing. The red LED lights, while only a few seconds, took almost an eternity for Walter. Finally. Walter thought.

The time flashed 7:18. ****. I'm going to be late. Walter quickly perked himself up and fumbled through clothes, he left on the floor and bed.

He picked up an outfit and held it up against the wall. It was a simple, red shirt and blue pants. Good enough.

He took off his dirty pajamas and was left in only his underwear. Then, hastily put on his shirt and jeans. Rushed to the bathroom, nearly slipping up on a puddle. I left the sink on. Walter grabbed his toothbrush, brushed his teeth, and spat in the toilet.

Am I good? Walter grinned and checked out his face. I'm good.

Walter ran down the stairs. The living room was also clad in hardwood. There was a small kitchen, with all the necessities. The living room had a green couch and a television. The television was set to the local weather station.

"I need to go",Walter stretched a hand on the front doorknob before he was interrupted.

"Where do you think, you are going?!" A voice echoed the living room as Walter halted his actions and turned around. "Sit down, you haven't eaten breakfast yet, sweetie"

This was Walter's mom, Caroline. Caroline was a nice woman. She looked a lot like Walter, except she didn't have sideburns like Walter, nor did she have brown hair. She was blonde. Caroline was also a trainer before Walter was born. She became a stay at home mom, once Walter was born.

"Mom.... But" Walter sighed as he sat down in the kitchen dining room table.

"But this, but that, we never talk, besides, you won't be late, promise. Walter sat down on a chair across the table from his mom. "Now eat your food, I didn't poison it"

Walter looked down at his prepared plate. It had hash browns and pancakes, which were drizzled with brown syrup. On the side, there were also some eggs that were bred and nurtured from Exeggutors. As a drink there were also a shake made from Oran, Pecha, and Sitrus berries. It gave off a sweet aroma. It was almost too irresistible to pass up. Unless you had a diet as weird as a Grimer in a waste bin.

I guess I can stay for a little bit. Walter chowed down on the food, starting with the pancakes, then finishing off the eggs and drinking his shake.

"Mind if I take these hash browns to eat on the boat?"

"Sure, I'll get you a bag"

Walter smiled.

"That won't be necessary", Walter shoved the hash browns, into one of his jean pockets. Caroline looked stupefied.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! THAT IS SO GROSS"

"It saves bags"

"You are one, weird kid", Caroline nodded her head.

Walter rose out of his chair and walked to the door.

"Bye mom, love you!"

"I love you too", Caroline looked beside her side and found something.

When Walter stepped out the door, a fresh air cooled him. The sky was a faint blue and the grass was wet with fresh dew. The smell of trees and berries filled the air, that enveloped him. The town also had plenty of trees and berry bushes. Yep, this was Suric Town. Surtic Town was on the far left side of Estino. It had good vegetation with year round, growing berries. It was a very ideal place to settle down.

The toes on his feet wrapped the grass around him as something slimy crawled to him. That is when Walter noticed. There's a Pokémon crawling on me. I forgot my shoes.

Caroline burst open the house doors to find Walter screaming at the top of his lungs.

"MOM, GET IT OFF ME. GET IT OFF ME!", Walter was shaking his foot, uncontrollably. Caroline rushed over to Walter, who was shaking his entire body. She hit the bug and it fell on the ground, fainted.

Walter was hyperventilating on the ground. He always hated the feeling of bug Pokémon.

"You forgot your shoes", Caroline handed Walter's shoes. Walter puts on his shoes. A voice was heard from the other side of the town.

"Yo, Walter!", the voice got closer. Walter, of course, knew who this was-None other than his best pal, Garett.

Garett was Walter's best friend. They have known each other, since they were babies. Garett was pale skinned, in a flannel jacket of brown and had jeans and sneakers on. Garett was always the one to jump the gun and was hyperactive. He always teases Walter, with only the best intentions. He was also leaving for the S.S ELPTA.

"Is that you, screaming like a baby, this early?", Walter grinned and laughed.

"Can you stop laughing and help me up, please? You know how I am, about bugs", Walter asked as he held up his hand. Garett grabbed it and pulled him up.

"If you keep screaming like that, you'll never have a girlfriend", Garett prigly said. "Like, when was the last time, you had one? If not, at all?"

Walter blushed. "I don't have to answer that"

"If you aren't a loner, this year. Maybe that'll change", Garett smiles. Garett was always the one to worry about relationships. As much as Walter wanted to disprove it, Garett was right. He really haven't made any friends, let alone any relationships outside of his mom and Garett.

Caroline and Garett stared at each other and laughed. They almost burst into tears, before Walter jumped in. They won't be laughing once I do get one, thought Walter.

"Ha-ha, very funny. Are you even ready?", Walter questioned.

"When you are. We are taking Pidgeot and Fearow to Latermin City", Garett stated.

"Fine by me"

Caroline stared at Walter very intently. She licked her thumb and smeared it against Walter's hair. Walter was moving around his whole body to shake her off. He had a line a spit across his forehead, when he shook her off. It wouldn't even make my hair any better.

"Sorry. You're growing up so fast, Walter"

"Yeah, Walter. You're growing up so fast", Garett mocked. Walter shoved him, in the stomach.

"Have your clothes, Walter?", Caroline asked.

"Yep"

"Money?"

"Yep"

"Toothbrush?"

Walter hesitated to answer, he knew he forgot. Caroline sighed and gazed at him hard.

"Boys will be boys, I'll go get it"

Caroline walked into the house and shut the doors behind her.

Garett's dad, opened the door to the house and walked towards the boys. In his hand was two Pokéballs. They were obviously their transportation to Latermin. He looked at the boys.

"Ready to go?",he asked.

"We're waiting on my mom" Walter responded.

"Ah. Okay"

There was an awkward silence. It was most likely because everyone was tired to say anything, that or they are just very boring people. A bug crawled up Garett's shoulder and a Pidgey perched on Walter's head. They shook it off. Still, no words were exchanged. What is taking her? I'm gonna be late, again.

As soon, as he recollected her thoughts, screams can be heard from the house.

"WALTER! DID YOU FORGOT TO TURN OFF THE SINK AGAIN AND DIDN'T CLEAN UP?! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU, THAT THE DRAIN DOESN'T WORK?! AND YOU FORGOT TO FLUSH! I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF ON THOSE PUDDLES! WHEN I GET DOWN THERE, I SWEAR!"

Walter gazed at Garett and his dad. They were dumbstrucked. The three men looked at each other and nodded in agreement. Garett's dad sent out his Pidgeot and his Fearow.

"I think now is as any good time to leave, get on", Garett said.

Walter propped on Fearow and began to rise off the ground. Caroline slammed open the doors and startled them. She was holding a toothbrush.

"Well. Time to go. Love you. Bye", Walter waved his hands goodbye and took off with the other two.

Caroline sighed and relaxed her shoulders, as the boys took off. She grinned.

"He forgot his toothbrush"

And as the boys rose into the sky, their grand tale of the adventures of E.L.P.T.A finally began. What will await me when we arrive? Where the classes be held? How will be classes be taught? All the answers, Walter was trying to make sense of. But only when they arrive on campus, will he get his answers.

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 2
The boys landed their birds in Latermin City. Latermin City was a port. It was the place to go, if you wanted to visit the other four islands of Estino without using the help of bird Pokémon. Of course, in order to reach their destination, Walter and Garett needed to ride the boat.

Walter smelled the air around him. The salty seas of Estino and the sound of roaring boats filled his ears and nostrils. The sky was bluer than before and all around the dock, students were having casual conversations.

Garret stretched out his arms, and placed his hand on the shoulder of Walter's red shirt. Garret's dad looked at them both.

"You boys better stay out of trouble. Imma head out now, have fun!" Garret's dad put Fearow back in his Pokéball and put the Pokéball in his pocket. Mounted on Pidgeot, he flew away and disappeared in the clouds.

"Finally, he's gone" Garett said. "Now it's time to have some real fun, amirite?"

"I-I guess" shyfully Walter made his way over to the dock, passing by the Pokémart and Pokécenter.

"What's the matter, Walter?"

"You know... I'm not sure how the other kids will like me. I'm not that popular and I don't know anybody because I barely leave Surtic. And the fact that-"

Garret stopped him there. He smacked his teeth and nodded his head in disapproval. He, once again, put his arm around Walter's shoulder. He stared at him and smiled as he pointed towards the dock.

"Walter. Walter. Walter. Don't be such a sap. Think of it this way. A lot of people here, don't know each other. You aren't the only one. You see the dock? That's your opportunity to meet someone. And hey, you might meet someone special if you know what I mean...." Garret continually nudged Walter's elbows and raised his eyebrows, hoping he would catch on.

I guess he is right, even about me meeting someone "special", whatever that means, Walter thought.

"And besides, we got here relatively earlier, even if it has been just by a few minutes. Hopefully the line isn't too long."

They approached the boats and the wooden docks. When they looked, the line was very long. People were in a single file trying to get in. Some even almost falling off completely into the water. The boys grew wide-eyed and confused, like a Magikarp splashing on nothing but dry land.

"You were saying?" Walter averred as he swallowed hard. I guess, we didn't get here early enough.

"Don't worry, I am NOT going to leave your side. I swear it"

They approached the line as kid's were shoving each other to get the front of the line. It's not like the boat is leaving anyone behind, they are wasting their time.

"HEY, YOU SKIPPED ME!" a random Youngster said on the front.

"YEAH, I DID! AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!" A much larger and more frightening Hooligan responded. He grabbed the kid by his yellow shirt and lifted his scrawny body into the air. He hurled him towards the back of the line, landing right in front of Walter and Garret.

Two girls approached Walter and Garret. From the looks of things, they were swimmers. They looked the part. They had bikinis on and it wasn't that hot outside, a staple for people striding to be swimmers. Their bikinis were red and blue, respectively. Other than that, there was no differentiating from the two girls. It was like they were twins.

"Hey, can anyone, that is from here, walk us to where we can get some soda?" The girl in the red bikini requested.

Garret pulled Walter aside for a moment. He placed his mouth against his ear and began to whisper.

"Remember when I said that I wouldn't leave you? I'm sort of breaking that promise."

Garret rushed towards the girls, completely betraying Walter. How'd I guess that he would try to get fresh with someone he doesn't know?

"I'll take you guys" Garett said as he was some drooling puppy. So much for Garret not leaving my side.

"Thanks! You can take me. Lola, can you save our spot, in line?" The girl in the red bikini asked. She winked towards her.

"Sure, I guess" The girl in the blue bikini answered. As she said that Garret and the girl left the two behind. She walked towards Walter. She was twirling her thumbs with her head down, as she was trying to find the right words to say.

"Hey, um.... Nice to meet you? No, I mean, how are you?" The girl in the blue bikini said as she extended her palms. Walter looked flabbergasted as he doesn't have any experience with talking to others, let alone a female.

"Hi" Walter greeted. He stared blankly at her palm.

"An open palm means you shake it" Walter still looked confused.

"You aren't the talkative type, are you?" The girl said.

"No, not really." Walter held his head down. This is so embarrassing, thought Walter.

"Well, let's start off with names. What's your name?" She brushed against his arm, making him feel a bit more uncomfortable than usual. Can she get any closer? Geez.

"My name is Lola, if you hadn't heard already from my sister." Lola gazed at Walter hard and saw he was sweating. Walter seemed to begin to warm up to her.

"That was your sister?" Walter asked. Lola had a blank expression, as she was annoyed by that.

"Unfortunately, yes." Lola said. "Her name is Lille and we are twins. She is the older twin by a couple of seconds, so she thinks she has dominance over me. I think its a load of bull, if you ask me." Lola paused and smiled. She shoved Walter a few feet away from her. "I see what you did there! Don't try to back down now, dude. What's your name, you weirdo?"

"Hey, I not the one who just share my life story just now, so I'm not the weirdo." Walter smiled back. "But, yeah. My name is Walter."

"Cool. Last name?" Lola asked quickly.

"What are you going to do, look me up on the internet?" Walter sarcastically queried. It was becoming more apparent that he was beginning to enjoy her company.

"Don't be ridiculous." Lola lightly punched Walter in the shoulder. "I only look up people, who are actually cool."

"Oh, so I'm not cool enough for you?" Walter pointed to himself, as he made a face funnier and more stupid than a Feebas.

Lola laughed. "Barely. You seem nice, how come I don't see you around more?" Walter sighed.

"Because I live in Surtic Town"

"Oh.........I seeeee" Lola heard her voice as it her pitch got higher. "Where's that?"

"Exactly, my point. It's in the ass end of Estino's mainland. You don't even need to go there to reach some city. All it has is trees, berry bushes, and rocks."

"Damn. That sucks." Lola sat down on the wooden plank. A Luvdisc appeared out the water and sprayed Lola in the face. The pressure of Water Gun obscured her vision and left a Salty taste in her mouth, the force of it subdued her back to the cold, hard wood. When she got up and wiped off her face, she left a sour grin on her face.

"Are you okay?" Walter asked.

"I'm fine. Water Pokémon don't bother me some" Lola faintly smiled. "The primary reason why I'm going to this academy is to hone my skills as both a Swimmer and a trainer"

"You're a Swimmer?" Walter puzzled. He stared down at Lola's two piece blue bikini. Of course, she's a swimmer, Walter. When he stared back up, he saw Lola staring at dead into his eyes. She pointed at her face.

"Eyes are up here, buddy"

Walter flinched and jumped back a bit behind him.

"No! I didn't mean it like that" Walter frantically shook as he protected his face, with the palms of his hands. I really screwed up badly.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna slap you. It's not like you can help but stare at my bikini, can you? It's a price from being a swimmer, you know?" She store down and adjusted her top. "My sister has the exact same one, except its Red....speaking of which, where is Lille and that weird friend of yours?"

Where is Garret? What is taking them?, He thought.

"You mean Garret? Yeah, he is sort of a flirt. He's probably trying to hit on Lille right now" Walter said awkwardly. He rubbed his hair and forced a grin, like forcing a Mightyena to not frown.

"That would explain why he was staring us down from earlier....... What a creep" Lola looked mortified. "You guys must go way back, if you can put up with that." Walter sat down next to Lola.

"He's not that bad once you get to know him. We go back, since we were babies. Neither of us had any siblings, so we considered ourselves brothers. Speaking of which, what about you and Lille? What's the deal with that?"

Lola looked a bit depressed as she couldn't form the correct words in her head to explain their situation well.

"Actually, is it fine, that I don't mention that? It's kinda personal. But it is why we came here in the first place, you know?" Lola averred and lept up before the situation got too awkward and discomforting.

They both saw Garett and Lille approach them, with three sodas and a fresh water bottle.

"It's about time, you got here, Garret! I'm thirsty over here" Walter scolded.

"Yeah, Walter.... The vending machine ran out of sodas, so we got you a fresh water." Garett said as Walter frowned. Lille gazed at Garett and snatched the fresh water from his hands.

"Garett, are you some sort of deaf idiot? I'm watching my luxurious weight, you know?" Lille gestured her hands throughout her whole body. Well, I guess Lille's the pushy one.

Don't I look slimmer already, Lola?" Lola peeked at her body and looked unconvinced.

"Sure, you do. Miss Eat Three Bags of Potato Chips Before We Leave The House" Lola responded.

Lille gasped. She was tearing up, in sheer shock. "Lola, you know, we don't talk about that! It was my moment of weakness." What a baby, Walter thought. Lille stared at Walter.

"Who's he?"

"His name is Walter, and he's cool when you get to know him." Lola pointed at Walter and gestured it to Lille.

"Walter, this is my sister, Lille"

Walter quietly waved his hands at her. Lille got uncomfortably close to Lola, yet Lola didn't feel slightly threatened.

"Hi, Walter.", Lille said. "Lola I'll tell Mom and Dad, you were smooching it up with Walter!"

Pressured, Lola cracked down and blushed and Walter eyes popped out is socket. THAT NEVER HAPPENED..

"WE WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING LIKE THAT! WE JUST MET" Lola said.

"But I know, you were thinking it." Lola was embarrassed. She didn't stand the fact, that Lille blackmailed her. For her, it wouldn't be the first time.

"What about you and Garret, huh? Why were you guys gone for so long? How long does it take to get four sodas?" Lola rebutted.

"Excuse me, I never told you my name....", Garret murmered.

Garret stared at Lille and blushed. Lille was livid.

"WE DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!" Lille exclaimed. "This isn't the right boat anyways, our boat is in Peninsulan City. So we need to go like now." Lola spat in Lille's face. From disgust, Lille tripped back a few steps, nearly hitting Garret in the face, with her pasty and sunburnt elbow.

"You know what, NO!. They are all going to the same place, if you hadn't noticed, you dumbass. Why would I go with you?!"

"First off." Lille smacked her lips. "I AM in charge of you." Lille rolled her eyes. "Second. We can't just be going off in the wrong boat when we are checked for attendance in another boat, dummie" Lille apporached dangerously close to Lola. "And Third. I know something you don't want these two to hear"

While Garett and Walter were confused, Lola quickly grew furious and teared up.

"You wouldn't tell anyone about that!"

"I would"

Lille and Lola were staring each other down, harder than a Zangoose and a Seviper fighting over the last berry in the bush. They both despised each other, neither wanting to back down. A game of Poker to see, who could call the bluff. But Lola didn't want to bank on the chance that Lille was playing a bluff. Lola sighed. "Fine. I'll go, but let me say bye first."

"You have one minute", Lille clocked. Lola quickly approached Walter and Garret. She turned towards Walter.

"It was really nice talking with you, Walter. I hope I can see you around at the Academy later. When you see me around, don't be a stranger and say Hi." Lola smiled amd turned to Garret and snatched a can of soda from his hands.

"What's up with you twins and snatching things all the time?" Garret said.

Lola waved to Walter and Walter grinned and waved back.

"DON'T FORGET TO TALK TO ME WHEN YOU SEE ME, BYE!"

Lola and Lille both ran off. As they left Latermin City, the evidence of a salty breeze and the cool sea were fainting from the twins. They ran past the Pokécenter and then the Pokémart and headed towards the adjacent route. And like that, they disappered in the route ahead.

"She took my soda.... I already drunk from it. She'll notice a half-empty can of soda, sooner or later." Garett handed one of the sodas to Walter.

"Eh. I'm not thirsty anymore", Walter said. "But. I'll keep with me, so I can drink it on the boat.

"You're not thirsty? You mean to tell me that I spent 80 Pokébucks just to figure out you're an Aquaphob?" Garett teased as Walter blankly stared at him. "But what did I tell you, Walter? You were going to talk to someone before you knew it and you might meet some "special". Garett felt on top of the world for helping Walter. He had a mass superiority compex towards Walter.

"But you also told me, you weren't gonna leave my side, too. We just met anyways, so I wouldn't say that, yet." Walter was twidling his thumbs and looking down at the wooden planks at the dock. We literally just met, Garett is ridiculous.

Walter noticed the line got considerably shorter than when they arrived.

"SOMETIME THIS LIFETIME, KID" someone in the line rudely shouted. But it appeared to be directed to the front of the line, rather than the two boys. Wonder what that's about.

Walter and Garett were then being shoved by kids behind them, telegraphing them to move up. When they moved up ahead, Walter noticed a faint hand mark on the side of Garret's face, he then smirked. He soo got rejected.

"Hey, Garret?"

"Yeah?"

"How did Lille go for you?" Garett blushed and loured.

"Shut up"

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 3
In the front of the line, an ambitious young girl readys her things for the E.L.P.T.A. But she was really taking up their time.

"Okay, Makeup. Check." The girl tallied. "Dresses. Check. Bracelets. Phone. Check. Check and check. Money. Good."

"COME ON, HOW MANY GODDAMN THINGS DO YOU NEED, CHICK?!" It was becoming apparent that this one girl had brought a huge load of things. The already, angry line of students was getting even angrier.

"YEAH, WHAT'S THE HOLDUP?!"

"HURRY UP"

But the line wasn't the only one who was getting annoyed. The girl herself was becoming more and more furious. Can't they just considerate and wait for once? You can't rush beauty. I need to make sure everything is with me. Another person in the line outbursts, as if they have been reading her very thoughts.

"YOU'VE BEEN UP THERE FOR FIVE MINUTES. ALL YOU DO IS SHOW A SLIP OF PAPER AND YOU'RE IN"

"Slip of paper...?" She mumbled to herself. She snapped her fingers, recovering her lost knowledge. Should be around here somewhere. The girl dug into her pockets and to her surprise, felt nothing, at least something that felt as flat as a Stunfisk under an anvil.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." Her heartbeat raced under the pressure. She turned her head towards the "guard" of S.S E.L.P.T.A, a towering young man whose muscles were so toned that even a Machamp could get jealous out of looks alone. He was holding bags of makeup and clothes.

"Umm.... You see Mr. Guard, I don't have my ticket" The guard looked eerily frustrated with her.

"No ticket, no entry" He said.

"Pleas-"

"No." He shoved her bags of stuff back at her chest. "Go home"

Aw, man. I was looking forward to this too. The girl felt a tapping on her left shoulder. She turned around to find a short kid with black, gelled hair and a preppy getup of a V-Neck vest and khakis. He held out to her a slip of paper.

"I guess that means, this is yours." The kid said with something to almost a pitched screech. The girl held out one of her hands, with the other one gripping the bags with dear life.

"Gee. Thanks. Umm, well this is awkward. What's your name?"

"Henry" The girl smiled and looked down at her paper to verify it was her:

REBECCA LIA
ONE ADMISSION TO S.S ELPTA
S.S ELPTA TO LEAVE AT 7:40 A.M MAIN/ 8:00 A.M VLAD
REMEMBER TO BRING CLOTHES AND MONEY

This was Rebecca. She is an ambitious young girl who comes off a bit vain at times. She wanted to leave for the academy, to see all the new things she can learn about trainers and becoming one herself. Rebecca always has the best intentions to be kind, even if her boasting is more than annoying.

"Thanks. Henry"

"You are welcome, Rebecca" Henry felicitously smiled. Rebecca turned around and handed her ticket to the Guard.

"Seems like you lucked out. Go ahead and go in the boat"

"FINALLY!" Someone in the line said, as she entered the boat.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Rebecca took two steps in the boat and saw that it was pretty standard. The whole boat's floor was patted and boarded by hardwood, the walls were covered in a bleek white wallpaper, and there were a lot of doors, that would probably be the bedrooms for the passengers.

She frowned. Well, this is what I get for wanting something a bit grander.

As she drudged her shoes through a door, a voice greeted her.

"Hey! Welcome to the S.S ELPTA!", the woman greeted. Rebecca turned her head to the right to see that a woman was sitting down at a desk with a pen and a clipboard. The woman had red hair, a face of perfect complexion, oblong glasses, and a large grin on her face.

"Before you go on your merry way, I need to tell you what room you stay in!", the woman enjoined.

"Umm....okay" Rebecca refuted.

"So, all I need is your last name, first and then your first name", the desk woman required.

"Lia, Rebecca"

The desk woman grabbed her clipboard and began flipping through it.

"L's, L's, L...." she mumbled. Her face lit up. "AHA. Ms. Rebecca Lia, you'll be staying in Room A7."

"Uhhgg. Where is A7?"

"Oh, that's easy. The 'A' means you reside on this floor, the first floor and '7' means you are in the seventh room." The woman checked her clipboard again "OH and by the looks of it, you have a roommate too! Hopefully you guys get along."

Rebecca began to walk off when the woman handed her a piece of paper.

"Make sure you have this with you, at ALL times. But if you lose it, make sure to come to me. HAVE A NICE DAY!"

The paper reads:

REBECCA LIA
ENTRY: 548
ROOM: A7
E.

548? What does that mean?

Rebecca began to walk away, in search for for her room, when she began fantasizing about her roommate.

We are going to get along so well! She and I are going to be besties, I just know it! But what if "She" is a "He"? We would be the cutest couple ever!

She passed by other kids who were conversing as normal.

"Did you get a slip of paper", a boy asked. "What did you get?"

"I got a 374, whatever that means.." another kid responded.

"I have a 172" the boy said. "These could be rankings, that's it! I'm better than you because I have the smaller number. Ha-ha!"

Rankings? Rebecca looked at her slip of paper again. No fair! I have 548! Is it because I took too long in the line? I really hope they're wrong...

She looked up to find engravings, in a door that read "A7". Rebecca grabbed the doorknob and opened it.

Room A7 consisted of two desks, a bunk bed and a mirror.

"Thank God, they have a mirror", thought Rebecca. She lowered one of her hands to set her bags down, afterwards, started to incessantly talking to herself.

"This is going to be so fun! Gonna be a trainer, then Imma make a bunch of friends, and no one will be able to stop me once I become the Champion of Estino. They will all look at me like-"

"Can you please, shut up! I'm trying to sleep, here" Rebecca's speech was intruded by someone else in the room.

On the top bunk, a blanket fell off the bunk and a figure appeared from the soft mattress. The figure was a female, with black hair and green eyes. She was in a purple T-shirt and white pants. She had clear blue piercings in her ears.

The figure looked at her stuff and back at Rebecca.

"Don't tell me, you're..." She mumbled unpleasantly.

"YEP! I'm your new roommate, girlfriend!" Rebecca grinned.

"Don't call me 'girlfriend'. My name is Stephanie and I'd prefer if you call me by that."

This is Stephanie. She is a bit of a sour puss and kinda mean. She likes sleeping. She hates noise. And she wants to be a trainer, I guess. It's just best not to get in her way.

"Okay, Stephanie. Ummm...." Rebecca searched the room for a way to conserve with her new roomie. Her thought process ended once she glanced at her makeup bag.

"Hey, you can use my makeup ba-" Again her gesture was interrupted.

"Imma stop you right there, what's your name?"

"Rebecca"

"Okay, Rebecca. Let's get a few things clear. I'm not a makeup person, nor am I a type of person who relishes on quote on quote, 'girly' things. If you stay out my way, we'll get along just nicely. Are we on a mutual agreement?"

"I guess.."

"Good. I'm going back to sleep"

"Umm... Stephanie?"

"What is it, Rebecca?" Stephanie asked annoyed.

"Can I have the top bunk?"

"Stephanie's top bunk is reserved for Stephanie only. So the short answer is no and never"

"Oh. Well, good night"

"Night"

Before Stephanie could recede back into the comforts from underneath her blanket, the intercom rang. Rebecca recognized the voice as the woman that greeted her on the boat.

"Hey, guys! Welcome to the S.S ELPTA! We hope you enjoy your temporary stay here, as we head off to the campus for four years of FUN! Since all our passengers are now aboard, the cafeteria is officially open! The cafeteria is Room D4. We hope you make time to eat and enjoy your stay!"

The intercom rang again, signally the end of the call. At that moment, Stephanie threw the blanket from her body and jumped off the top bunk of the beds.

She stretched her entire body outwards and yawned.

"It's about time, they finally got everyone in." Stephanie approached the bedroom door. "I don't about you, but I'm gettin' some grub. Come to the cafeteria once you are finished and stuff, or not, doesn't matter to me."

Stephanie left the bedroom and left Rebecca. Great, my roommate is a total tool. What did I do to deserve this?

Rebecca peered at the top bunk of the bed as her stomach grumbled.

"YOU BETTER NOT THINK ABOUT SLEEPING ON THE TOP BUNK" Stephanie yelled from outside the room. "AND HURRY UP"

"Never heard that sentence before", Rebecca sarcastically thought.

She approached the bedroom door, hungry.

"Not risking it. Just going to get something to eat."

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 4
Rebecca followed Stephanie's lead. She passed by an endless slew of kids speaking to one another about the potential of what awaits them at the academy.

Stephanie turned around to find her roommate pursuing her to the cafeteria. She seemed genuinely shocked that Rebecca followed.

"Oh, so you AREN'T messing with your makeup or something." Stephanie mocked as she paused in her tracks.

"Well, I have to eat too, you know?" Rebecca clenched her stomach as it howled for any existing sign of an edible treat. "Let's just hurry up, okay?"

Before I really have to eat my makeup kit...

Stephanie shrugged her shoulders and turned around, facing the staircase next to the upper floor. When she tried to step forward to climb the stairs, her path was obstructed.

Every step she took only deterred her forward motion elsewhere. Continually trying, it was repeating itself over and over again:

• Stephanie took a step.
  • Stephanie's body was rotated.
  • She tried to make a run into it; It was like running into a brick wall

"Are you being serious?!", Stephanie pronounced as she kept making attempts to step on the stairs.

What is she doing? Rebecca stepped forward.

"Uhh, I don't have time for this", Rebecca groaned. Rebecca took a step on the stairs and immediately was deterred and pushed back, causing her to trip on her heels and fall to the ground.

The other kids around her was staring at the two girls, grinning and giggling with each failing try. Rebecca held out her palm to Stephanie, motioning her to pick her up. To no surprise, Stephanie declined her gesture and continued to try and ascend, something as simple as stairs.

Stephanie continued her advancements until she was tripped up as well.

The kids on the first floor were all shown taking video of the incident and mocking her.

"Hey, girls. Can't climb stairs?"

"Yeah, what a couple of bozos"

But Stephanie, instead of completely becoming livid instead got up the ground and approached two youngsters. She towered over them, like a legendary Pokémon to a mere Flabébé.

Instead of physically hurting them, she grabbed both of youngsters' phone and crushed it underneath her balling fist, popping multiple blue veins within the pressure of it all.

Petrified, the other kids quickly grew silent and hid their phones away from the site of Stephanie, fearing her more.

Rebecca, also petrified, got up from the ground. And approached the spot where they couldn't pass.

"I'M HUNGRY" Rebecca screamed. "UNIVERSE. CAN YOU PLEASE JUST LET US GO THROUGH?!"

"No" Stephanie declined. She was starting to feel around the invisible barrier that was preventing their salvation to lunch. "There is something here, I can feel it..."

The room grew silent. What is her deal? Great, my partner is psycho and mean. Stephanie balled her fist.

With one, quick swing of the arm and hard force, she punched what should've been air. But a hard crack revealed that it wasn't air, but a green animalistic chameleon that materialized, before their very eyes. The chameleon fell over to the ground, fainted.

The lady on the front desk ran over to the scene and saw the helpless Pokémon still on the floor, with a large knot on its forehead.

"Ouch" the lady said, scrunching up her face. She grabbed the Pokémon up off the ground. "Poor little Kecleon, you must've slipped in while everyone was getting in line. I'll get you patched up, little buddy!"

She stared at the two girls, who looked annoyed, as if the whole time, she could've intervened but decided not do. The lady looked across the entire floor of children, feeling pressured and a bit displaced, in it all. So, she was here the whole time, and we never asked her.

"Guys, why so serious? Lunch is being served. It'd be awesome to eat, but I have to attend to this Kecleon first, yes I do, whittle Kecleon."

The woman walked away from the crowd of shocked people and cleared the pathway for the stairs.

"... What was I just looking at?!" Rebecca asked.

Rebecca took a step on the stairs and felt absolutely relieved. Well, not going to wait here any longer! Rebecca pratically sprinted up the stairs and headed towards the lunch room in Room D4. Stephanie followed suit, leaving her crowd of spectators, left speechless.

"Hey, guys...let's not post this on the web...", a youngster in the crowd pronouced. Everyone nodded their heads in approval, signaling their unsaturated fear for Stepanie. The kids quickly turned off their cell phones and resorted to what they once were.

With all that spunk at first, Rebecca quickly tired herself, underneath the pressure of hunger and sweat. Why did I run? Someone kill me now. She was huffing and puffing for any fresh air, taking in each little molecule, she can scrape up.

Stephanie climbed the stairs, comsiderably less tired than her roommate. She store blankly at her with disapproval.

"Hurry up, slowpoke", Stephanie said, making her way to Room D4.

Stephanie had already entered the cafeteria before Rebecca responded. "D-d-don't..huff...woooorr..huff...worry. J-j...*cough*...need to catch my breath"

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Walter, finally entering the boat, took his first steps into the S.S E.L.P.T.A with sheer confidence. He was prepared to take on anything. He took more steps towards the rooms, when a desk caught his attention. Staring at the desk, Walter noticed a strange, green, chameleon-like creature laying on its back, who seemed to be, unconscious.

What did I miss? What is that thing?

Asking himself that, he cautiously approached the animal, when he averted his eyes towards someone behind it. It was a lady.

A lady with no blemishes, red hair, and circular glasses. She was intently focused on the thing in front of her. Her palm was making its way across its entire body.

"There, there. It'll be okay. You'll be back to the island, in no time. With your friends and family..." the lady consoled the animal.

Walter approached the desk to see what the commotion was about, but he was interrupted by Garett, who had just entered as well.

"Dude, you're still here? What can possibly be so intere-" Garett's voice came to a halt as he peered into the eyes of the lady, giving treatment to the chameleon.

Garett averted his lips towards Walter's ears.

"Walter, can you move out the way... I think I might love her..." Walter rolled his eyes as stepped aside, as Garett quickly brushed back his black hair and breathed into his hands to test its smell.

He put his elbows on the desk and stared into the woman's eyes.

"So, you look very beautiful and so stunning, how about we-"

"I know that you want to go home, little guy" the lady said as she was still peering downwards.

"Little guy? Hey, I'm not little! Look can we make this going out thing official?" Garett responded. "But I can see you have an amazing brain"

"I know how you feel. Just need to wait until we stop, okay?"

"Oh, alright, if that's how it rolls. I'll be waiting, sweetheart, " Garett looked behind Walter, giving him a smile and a raised thumb of approval. He is getting no where with her.

The lady looked up from the desk and blankly stared at Garett, as if she never seen him in her life. A complete stranger who was unaware of the fact she was being hit on.

"Uh. You were saying?" Garett was flabbergasted and Walter stepped back against the wall, laughing. And he told me to worry about my relationships.

"You didn't hear a single thing, I said?" Garett sighed. "Nevermind then"

"Sorry, this poor little Pokémon made his way on the boat and caused some trouble." She stared at the Pokémon. "It's asleep now, I healed it. I'll return it to the wild once we arrive."

Garett looked back to find Walter on the floor, crying his eyes out, as if the floodgates had opened. The lady smacked herself on the forehead, recalling lost memory.

"Dang it! I COMPLETELY FORGOT! I NEED TO GIVE YOU GUYS YOUR ROOM NUMBER SLIP", she remembered. She snatched her keyboard from underneath the Pokémon and opened the pen.

"What are your names? Last name, then First."

Garett opened his mouth first, with Walter soon following afterwards.

"Keel, Garett"

"Sipton, Walter"

She fumbled through the clipboard, in search of the two boys' names. As soon as she spotted one, she tore off paper and wrote down the needed information. She first handed a slip to Garett and then to Walter.

Walter scanned over his slip and it reads:
WALTER SIPTON
ENTRY: 447
ROOM: B6
E.

447? I can see what room means, but what exactly is an entry? He looked over Garett's shoulder and he was peering down at this ticket too. He noticed that his entry was "451"

Maybe these are being tracked based upon our enrollment. Walter recalled that he and Garett submitted their applications for the academy at relatively the same time, which would explain why their numbers are closer to each other.

Both, wondering what it could possibly be, make their way to their rooms.

"OH, GUYS!" The woman alerted as the two turned around. "Lunch is being served in Room D4, which is the fourth room on the fourth floor. ENJOY YOUR STAY!"

Walter and Garett gazed at each other and smiled, ambivalently. Both had the same idea. He thinks he can beat me, please.

"So.... Wanna make this interesting, Walter?" Garett asked.

"I have hash browns from this morning, in my pocket still.. winner gets dibs on it?"

"Fine with me, I always liked Caroline's cooking anyways. I always win, remember?"

"You're as well as racing, as you are at picking up secretaries."

"Shut up. They obviously don't know greatness when they see it"

"When I see you, I want to throw chunks all over this hardwood floor. On three?"

"You know it. One...." Garett initiated a countdown.

"Two...." Walter continued.

"Three!"

Both teens readied themselves and took a quick step off the ground and sprinted for the stairs. But let's face it, the hunger was talking on this one.

The lady on the desk sighed once again, nodding her head.

"I forgot to tell them how the floors work here!

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 5
Step by inconspicuous step, the small grudging of feet across the cafeteria floors were proving to be asinine. The cafeteria was a simple layout. There was a section dedicated to the actual kitchen, where the food was both being cooked and served. The other portion of the cafeteria was a set of long blue, metallic tables. This is where everyone would be enjoying their meals. Then to each end of the cafeteria was two doors, that led to respective bathrooms.

Everyone here was hungry, confused, tired, and impatient. Those three traits never blend well together. The lunchroom was infested by zombies. Zombies as far as the eye can see. They only spoke in grunts and noises and moved like a set of paralyzed Munchlax over a layer of Sticky Webs. In short, the line was taking too long to move, or at least that is what Stephanie thought.

She saw Rebecca behind her, drained out from being pushed around by that Kecleon, running across the boat, and ascended three sets of stairs to get here. "Everyone in this lunchroom is pathetic" thought Stephanie. They should all be leaping for joy

The line was steadily making its course through, as Stephanie seemed to be the only one who wasn't tired out and oblivious to simple things. She steered her head again towards Rebecca. "What is everyone's deal? They all look like they want to kill themselves", asked Stephanie.

Rebecca slowly, trod forward and took a large breath of hair and stood up from her hunchbacked position. "Well, not everyone took mid-morning naps when they got here..."

Stephanie then remembered that she slept before lunch was called, meaning she had more energy than the rest of the kids, residing on the boat. She was overseeing others' privacy by listening to someone's conversation with another girl.

"I really hope we get off this boat soon..." The girl hoped. "I get motion sick easily and I can't handle boats"

"Then just go to the infirmary" the boy ordered. "Did you hear about those two girls and that Poké-"

Stephanie decided to end her eavesdropping there. She had enough bicker, surrounding the Kecleon incident. Word spreads like wildfire, here. Do they have nothing better to do than gossip? The line was getting shorter, but each step felt like a chore to the entirety of the lunchroom. Stephanie felt a slight tap on her shoulder. What does she want now? She turned around towards Rebecca.

"The line is empty at this point, can you move up, like now, I'M STARVING!" Rebecca exclaimed. Stephanie turned her attention towards the line in front of her, which now only had but a few people.

"Oh. Well, my bad, then" Stephanie took a few quick trades forward. She grabbed her lunch of Rice, Beans, questionable meat and milk and headed towards the counter. When she got there, she was genuinely surprised. There was a lady working at the register. This lady had red hair, oblong glasses, and no blemishes on her face. Looking down, Stephanie noticed this lady also had a slim body with a floral patterned dress on with white heels on her feet.

"Hold the phone..." Stephanie thought over her next choice of words, as Rebecca followed behind her.

"Aw man, you still aren't done, what can possibly be so inter-" Rebecca stopped as she saw the familiar face as well. Quickly she let go of her tray and pointed to the lady and yelled "HEY, YOU WERE AT THE ENTRANCE, HOW ARE YOU HERE?!" Way to be subtle.

The lady behind the register looked up to find two curious girls staring intently at her. They seemed to be solely focused on her and her only. They practically forgot about their lunches. She grinned and squinted her eyes, then nodded.

"You guys are the firsts, one to ask that question" the lady said. How this room was, that is no big shocker. "Well, I was taking care of that poor, cute Kecleon and there weren't a lot of people here, so I decided to cover shifts over here" the lady's smile grew three times its size.

"But how'd you get here so fast, though" Rebecca asked. The lady pulled out a Pokéball from her pocket.

"I used the help of my Pokémon to get here.... That and the staff only door", she said. The girls lit up at the sight of the Pokéball. What could be so fast that she got here so fast.

"Can we see?" Rebecca asked. She lady nodded of disapproval. She put the Pokéball back into her pocket. "Sorry, but if I let this little guy out, I'll get into serious trouble" She looked up towards the ceiling and scratched her long blonde hair. She snapped her fingers. The lady looked back down towards the girls.

"How about this? When we stop the boat, remind me to show you, okay?"

"Fine by me" Stephanie nonchalantly said.

"AWESOME" Rebecca rejoiced. They couldn't believe they'll be the first to see a staff's Pokémon. But the lady was having trouble remember what it is she was currently doing. The two girls lifted their trays, reminding her of her duties as a lunch clerk.

"Oh, yeah! Lunch!" The lady said. She viewed over Stephanie's tray of rice, beans, meat and milk. "Okay, your meal will be twenty Pokébucks!" She smiled as she held out her hand expecting money.

Stephanie dug in her pockets. But at that point, she was daunted. She began to put herself down for any sign or slight remorse of a wallet. Oh crap! Where's my wallet?! I swear I brought it with me No, it can't be-

She started to recall herself in the room, underneath her warm blanket. When she jumped from the top bunk, the wallet fell out her back pocket.

Stephanie looked at the lady, who still had her hand held out for any cash.

"Look, um... I left my wallet in my room... can I go eat and pay you back later?"

"Nope!" The lady grabbed her tray and set it aside of the register. She grinned again.

"Come on! I'm starving!"

"Sorry, rules are rules and they have to be obeyed. Sorry, you can back in line tomorrow and get a lunch!"

Stephanie furrowed her brow and was angry. Sure, I'll just starve myself until tomorrow. She then sighed and walked from the register to find herself a seat. Meanwhile, Rebecca stared at Stephanie's plate and back at Stephanie, feeling bad that she wasn't able to get a lunch.

At the table, Stephanie was a bit grumpy from the turn of events. She watched as the other kids playfully chatted and conversed as normal, human beings. They all laughed and giggled, appreciating the pick me up, they were blessed with. Comparing that to Stephanie's sour mood, it seemed that she was the infected Vileplume out of the sea of Bellossom. This is bull. Why couldn't I've checked for my wallet? She buried her head underneath her arms and closed her eyes.

For once, she was settling down and getting comfortable. For what it was worth, the cool touch of the desk felt nice and its flat surface was surprisingly nice to lay her head on. But not before long, a large quake reverberated through the cafeteria. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

She rose from her miniscule nap to find that two knuckleheads entered the cafeteria. They were both panting and viciously smiling. The two teenagers were both male, one with a brown flannel jacket and the other wearing a simple red shirt and jeans. What a bunch of idiots...

The boy in the flannel jacket held out his hand.

"HAHA! I WIN! SUCK IT, WALTER!" The boy in the flannel exclaimed. At that point, the boy in the red shirt, got up as well.

"NO WAY! YOU TRIPPED ME ON THE LAST SET OF STAIRS AND YOU KNOW IT!" The kid in the red suit.

"Salty?" The boy in the flannel smeared. "Just hand over the hash browns, like a good loser" He motioned his hands to give in to his demands. The boy in the red shirt dug in his pockets. Hash browns? In his pocket?, thought Stephanie.

"Are you sure, you still want these, they've been in my pocket for quite a while now" the kid in red held out a bunch of crumbs of golden hash browns.

"You can throw in your soda, while your at it"

"NO WAY"

"You're an aquaphob, remember? I would've been better off, just giving it to Lille"

"You mean Lola?"

"Lola... she was the one in the red bikini right?"

"No, she was the one in blue"

"I thought Lille was in blue"

"No, she slapped you"

"Oh, yeah.... But just give the soda!"

"NO! It's mine."

Stephanie was only getting angrier at their mediocre and idiotic conversations, about some Lola and Lille. Do I really need to go that low? She stared at the two boys and remembered they had soda, as her stomach made the decision for her. Yeah, who cares? I need it more.

She got up from her seat and made her way towards the two boys as the one in red handed the other, a set of crumbs.

Alright, game face, Stephanie. As those thoughts crossed her mind, she forced herself to smile in a "girly and ladylike" manner, by showing her teeth through her forced grin, as well as, giggle and cross her arms behind her back and poke out her lips.

She tapped the boy in the flannel's shoulder. He turned around and grew wide-eyed. In the back of her mind, Stephanie was being tortured. Geez, he acts like never seen a girl before.

"Um. Hi. Do you boys have time?" Stephanie asked. The boy in the flannel smiled, as his friend in the back was shocked.

"Of course, we have time. What do you need, sweetie?"

Oh, I see, he is one of those guys. The kid in red spoke up before the one in the flannel jacket continued.

"Umm, Garett, are you really sure about this? This is a first"

"Shut it, Walter. Maybe I'm an approachable guy, now!"

Walter is the one in red and Garett is one in brown. Got it. Stephanie let out an insincere giggle. Those hash browns better be good.

"You're funny, Garett!" She gazed down at Garett's palms with Walter. "Say, do you think you let me have those, I couldn't afford my lunch"

Stephanie pulled out all the stops to get it. She puckered her lips and placed one finger over it and winked at Garett. This better work.

Garett extended his reach towards Stephanie's chest and his face glowed. "SURE, take them! I don't need them" Nailed it. You are too good, Stephanie. You deserve this.

As soon as Stephanie took the hash brown crumbs, her innocent demeanor resorted back to its original nonchalant nature. She stuffed all the crumbs in her mouth, all at once.

She tasted crispy and succulent gold with a bit of spice from black pepper on the outside and the smooth and honey sweet taste of the hash brown's inside content. This was worth the humiliation. She pointed to her mouth, which was full and spoke.

"Thi is a goo ha-broon." She commented. Garett was twiddling his thumbs and blushed. He got closer to Stephanie.

"I know, we only just met, but how about we go out sometime" Garett nervously asked.

"Fat chance"
_____

Rebecca was still in line at the time, negotiating a deal with the clerk, who was also the entrance lady. Again, there was a line of hungry and angry kids behind her, ready to throw her overboard for halting the flow of the line.

"Come on, you HAVE to tell me!" Rebecca said.

"Okay, okay. The secret to my clear face..... Drink water regularly" The lady said.

"OH! I drink water, all the time, is my face good?" Rebecca asked.

"YEAH, it is looking really nice! I am so jealous!" The lady said.

"Thanks! I know, it is super cute and no one has a clear face than me." The two girls giggled. Kids in the back began to yell out in anger and annoyance.

"DO YOU ONLY KNOW HOW TO HOLD UP LINES?!"

"JUST PAY FOR THE DAMN LUNCH!"

Come on, do they only complain about me holding up the line? Can us girls, talk about girl stuff for once? Geez. The clerk woman smacked her forehead in sheer stupidity.

"Aw man, I forgot again, " she said. "Okay, because I like you and I can't get in trouble, I'll let you have the girl's lunch for free"

"Really?!"

"For real, now go off, you little scamp and make sure to drink water regularly!" Rebecca grabbed Stephanie's tray and headed to where she was sitting. To her surprise, she wasn't there. Did she go back to the room? I guess I'll take her lunch with her. Yeah, I'm such a fantastic friend.

She headed for the entrance to find not only Stephanie there, but two other boys. So she decided to go get boys for both of us, how sweet! Maybe she isn't so bad. Rebecca approached the two strangers. Stephanie turned around and spotted her roommate, trailing over with two trays.

"It is about time you got here" Stephanie riledly said.

"I got your lunch, Stephanie" Rebecca offered. Stephanie glowed as she reached for her tray only for Rebecca to avert it away from her, so that she couldn't get it. Stephanie grew livid.

"WHAT'S THE DEAL?! IF YOU GOT IT FOR ME, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HAVE IT?!" Stephanie was like a rampaging Snorlax who didn't get enough sleep. She calmed down and stared at Rebecca. "I see.... What do you want for it?"

Wow, never thought I'd get this far...

"Uhh.." Rebecca couldn't make out the words, but once she thought of something, she let out an ambivalent grin. "I want one thing and one thing only.... The top bunk!"

"HELL NO! Top bunk is for me and me only"

"Well, I could always throw this away...."

"Okay, fine. One night"

Rebecca smiled as she happily handed Stephanie her plate of food. Stephanie looked at the two boys, who were engrossed in their own conversations to actually listen.

"Umm, you guys want to sit with us" Rebecca asked.

"Sure" Walter responded. The four teens made their way to the long blue table and sat. When they sat, it almost seemed awkward. Throughout their entire stay here, thus far, they have been around only one other person. It was an alien concept to them. More than one friend...

We need to brighten the mood.

"So.... Let's introduce ourselves, I am Rebecca and this is my friend Stephanie"

Stephanie sighed. "Acquaintance. But yeah, that's my name"

Garett jumped on the bandwagon next. "I AM GARETT and this is my loyal and shy subject, Walter"

"Hi, " said Walter.
They broke the ice and began to talk. They simply talked about what they have been through, since their arrival. Of course, it's short lived, as an announcement was projected throughout the cafeteria.

"Thank you for those who participated in lunch today. We will be serving tomorrow morning, before we make our stop at the academy. We hope you have a good day and we wish you the best of luck"

The four teens got up from their seat. They were trying to traverse, what seemed to be millions of kids, when in reality, there was only a couple hundred. The cafeteria closed and no one was allowed to enter until further notice. Everyone went back to talking to each other, as they were before.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later!" Walter said.

"I'm going to go mess with my makeup, what about you, Stephanie?" Rebecca notioned.

"Sleep. I have no other things to do on this damn boat" Stephanie strected her arms outward and yawned.

"Rebecca, think about what I asked, okay?"

"For the last time, I SAID NO!"

"Fine by me, you'll come back around" Garett smiled and headed down the stairs before the rest of them.

"What a creep! I swear" Rebecca threatened.

"He isn't that bad when you know him" Walter laughed.

The four kids parted ways and headed to their rooms for the remainder of the day. Soon, the long awaited academy would show its head. But for now, Walter headed back to his room, as did the other three.

Already, Walter made a few new friends here. Even if they were all female. But was it bothering Walter? Not in the slightest. He just walked back to his room, B6.

Walter trekked down a couple flights of stairs, and found his room. On the door was the engraving of "B6". Here it is. Walter twisted the doorknob and opened the door with little force, to make sure it didn't hit anything important.

In the room were two small, red beds, a wooden desk and a mirror. Someone was sitting on one of the bed. This particular person had glasses and a yellow shirt. He was also pretty short since his feet didn't touch the ground. But what he didn't notice at first was that his glasses appear to be broken and his face was bruised.

"Umm, hi" Walter greeted.

The kid was too focused on his book to care to look up. What can possibly be so good that he can't take time away to say "Hey"?

The silence was too awkward for the teenager to handle, so he made his way to the only other empty bed and sat down his stuff. Walter then lay down on his back and let out a big sigh. Well, the less people I talk to, the better.

Walter turned his body towards the his roommate, who was still engrossed in his book. He tried to make out what it said, but could only make out "Sho... Murd... My...e..". He looked out the window to see the sea as it drifted across the waters.

Well, this is boring. Walter dug in his bag to find something... Anything to hold him order. There was his soda... nah, he wanted to save that for later. There was a his Gameboy... He wasn't in the mood for video games. Despite living in a practically unpopulated city, he was never in any real boredom. He had Walter, Caroline, and some other acquaintances to accompany him. This blows. He began to close his eyes as he heard the sound of something closing.

When Walter looked up, it was his roommate. His roommate took a pair of inconspicuous headphones from his ears. Well, that explains a lot.

"OH. SORRY! I thought I'd heard a voice, but I was too engrossed in this fantastic piece of a book" The kid traced over to Walter and handed him the book, he was reading:

Short Murder Mysteries by Shauntal.

"Who's Shauntal?" The young boy gasped.

"Shauntal is a great, no, extraordinary writer. She has written many entries and submitted fantastic books. Not only that, but she is an amazing trainer!"

"So Shauntal good?"

"Very"

"So what is your name?" Walter asked.

"My name is Nicholas but a lot of people know me as the kid who got tossed around at Latermin's port"

Tossed around? Walter recalled someone being thrown when he first arrived. The kid did look similar. He also remembers not doing anything to help the kid. Walter sorta left him there, all bruised up. Walter was flabbergasted. This guy probably hates me.

"OH. I AM SO SORRY! I should've helped you get back up, " Walter apologized. Nicholas smiled and extended his arm.

"No worries, I thought your face looked familiar"

Walter grabbed his hand and shook it.

"My name is Walter"

"Nice to meet you, Walter" Nicholas reassured. "By the way, what entry did you get on your little slip"

Walter recalled the slip he was given upon entering. He dug in his pocket and looked at it once more.

"447" Walter answered.

"Huh? I was for sure these were based upon when we entered the boat, but I have 137 and I came in after you"

"I can't wait to get there, so we can figure out what they mean" Walter pronounced.

"You and me both, pal. You and me both"

Garett was making his way over to his room. He gazed down at the card, once more. It reads:

GARETT KEEL
ENTRY: 451
ROOM: C2
E.

Where the hell can C2 possibly be? Garett looked around, asked for directions, until he was told about how the room system worked on the boat.

When he reached his room door, he saw engraved on the door, the words "C2". If this isn't my room, then I have no idea what is. Garett quickly opened the door and it hit the wall to his right.

C2 was darker than other rooms. It was lit, poorly, but it had a red light bulb which gave his temporary room some character. There was a bunk bed next to an oblong window pane, which had a crisp view of the afternoon sea.

I can get down with this. Seems a bit more 'Garett' like. Garett noticed a figure on the bottom bunk with a piece of paper covering his eyeballs. Slowly, he closed the door and walked over to the boy.

"Umm, is putting paper on our head, the new norm?" Garett asked the kid on the bed as he rose up. The kid was about the same height as Garett with messy, brown hair and brown eyes.

"Oh! Ello! What's a bevvy old chap doing in my room?", the boy asked.

Bevvy? Is that an insult? I swear this kid, is gonna have it.

"Nah, I'm just messing with ya. We're all cream crackered blighters here, amirite?", the boy said as he motioned Garett to shake his hand. Garett grabbed it and he shook it vigorously. "The name's Christopher, but all my friends calls me Chris. Which means you can still call me Christopher!"

Christopher doubled over in laughter. "Nah, I'm being a tosser. You can call me Chris. What's your name?"

Garett couldn't recall something as simple as his own name. "Name?"

Chris smeared and was fumbling through his stuff looking for something. Wow, he's quite energetic, even more so than me.

"Yes, your name. The same one your ma and pa gave you after they got down and dirty and suffered nine, whole months together, you know, that name."

"Oh, my name's Garett. But you can call me the greatest or the pinnacle of all there is right"

"Nicely said, good old pal... CATCH!" Chris tossed a can towards Garett and Garett fumbled it and nearly dropped it on the floor.

"Oh, please don't tell me you're cackhanded, are you?"

Garett looked confused. "No...?" Chris smiled. "Well, good"

"By the way, that drink is an energy drink. And don't worry, there isn't any bloody alcohol in it, as so many people thought. I swear, people think I am a goddamn drug dealer. But what I can tell you from experience, that is some good ****"

Garett looked at the state Chris was in. He was fidgeting and jumping all over the place.

"No, kidding"

"Looks like we are roommates for the rest of the night, might as well make it worth it. Oh yeah, before I rip my skill through my effing teeth, my entry number is 650 and I have no clue what it means. So my energy drink has taken its course, so I'm gonna drift off. Night"

Garett kept overthinking his situations, many times. You know what? I like this guy's style. Guess I'm too used to Walter. This is gonna be fun. And I know fun.

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 6
One day later.....

S.S ELPTA was making its final runs through the blue sea. The destination was fast approaching, overnight. The morning, milky clouds that floated harmoniously with the blue skies made for something to be desired for anyone. There was nothing quite like watching the sky as you traveled to new places. There is a bit of magic in it. Of course, our heroes were residing in their rooms, where the thing they have been waiting for is standing in front of their eyes. Yes, this is the very dawn of a new year. And new tales await them.

Walter felt a shrug on what was his completely still body. He was oblivious to everything. The shrugs were expounding upon themselves as Walter didn't want to get up. He started to hear whispers. "Walter.. Get up"

Walter's eyes twitched as he peered into the window pane to find that the seas were still in its place and that they were waning and crashing into the boat. He slowly ascended out his bed and dragged his cold feet a few steps to look out the window. There he saw it...

A dock standing right beside the boat.

We.... We're here.

In room C2, a hint of light resonated throughout the ill-lighted corridor. Garett woke up, closer to the ceiling and looked down. He saw his sarcastic, brown haired friend looking out the window. He was rubbing his eyes.

"It's about bloody time, we got here..." Christopher said as he yawned.

Garett jumped off the top bunk and landed on his feet. He smelled the breeze of a salty sea and the room, was lit in a dawn blue tint. He approached the window Chris was standing by.

"Really?" Garett stretched out his back and yawned. He smeared his face against the window and there he saw it...

Here it is...

Stephanie was lying like a dog on the bottom bunk with her arms sprawled out. Rebecca too was slobbing spit into her personal pillows. She sat up and looked towards their bedroom door. She tried to take one step out her bed, through instinct, but instead fell helplessly to the floor below here.

She yelled out in agony, promoting Stephanie to wake up. She looked at Rebecca's state and smiled. I knew she couldn't handle the top bunk. Stephanie noticed that the boat was completely motionless, she got up and grudged her feet towards the window pane, then stared at it blankly.

"Rebecca, we're here"

When Rebecca stopped hissing and groaning, she gazed at the oblong window and smiled. There she saw it...

We made it to the E.L.P.T.A

"We are happy to announce that our boat, along with the S.S Freelancer and the S.S Estino, have made to the final destination. We are glad to have accompanied such bright kids and we wish the best of you, in your journey forward. Please remember to gather all of your things and to be track of them on the way there. Especially the slips you were given at the entrance. If you did not receive one, we heavily recommend that you do. WELCOME TO THE ESTINO LEAGUE'S POKEMON TRAINER ACADEMY!"

The intercom cuts off as swarms of children, floods the hallways and the space needed to get to the entrance. Walter gathered his things and waved goodbye to Nicholas, before he traversed through hundreds of hopeful trainers.

He saw a boy in his signature flannel try to clear a path for himself. There's Garett! Walter made his way to Garett, bumping into many kids and pushing them on his way.

"Excuse me"

"Sorry"

"Coming Through
!"

The two boys finally ran into each other and both gave each other a high-five. Both of them looked towards the east, where a bounty of kids and a blind light followed.

"This will be the only time, I'm told to follow the light!" Garett joked.

"WHAT?!" Walter tried to communicate, but having hundreds of kids, talking and walking at the same time, didn't really help matters. The trainers acted like a current. It was a bad idea to go against it, so you had to go with it and hope for the best. Garett and Walter were being shoved into the opening. Their anticipation was riding on this moment, this chance to see what they were in for. This much excitement can kill me, thought Walter.

Walter glowed as he made way with the light and everything went blind for a second.

Nothing but the cool air touching his face and the white light to make all of this worth. I'm finally here...

When his vision stabilized, Walter could not believe his eyes. A spectacle so grand it could give many heart attacks. In front of him was a large scaled building about twenty stories up. It was shaped unlike any other building ever seen. The building was made in smooth grey rock and the floors were rolled with a red, rocky dotted texture.

On the building, the words E.L.P.T.A were spelled out, engraved on the building, showing its symbolic nature. But that wasn't all. "E" was made in a gold, the "L", silver. The "P", was carved out with the reddest of Rubies and the "T" was made out in the bluest of Sapphires. But the "A" shined a bright a florescent Platinum, highlighting, all there is to see.

Underneath the engraving was another engraving. But it appeared to be a picture. A round object, with Red and Blue being the highlights of both portions of the ball, but the center was a golden texture.

Walter was standing in awe, in what have been the best thing he has ever seen in his life. An employee motioned him to move forward to reach a set of doors, with one door being black and the other one being white. This is gonna be good. Walter opened the set of double doors and walked in.

There he saw a large office with ceilings that ascended and touched the very tips of the sky. So much space, so much room. The floors were white and polished and gave off the aroma of blossoms. It was like Walter was in a different world, all together. Men and women were waving and motioning kids go through another set of doors. On the top of the door read the words "Auditorium". I guess we are going to be formally introduced.

Inside the doors were a grand hall with a large stage, with a red curtain encompassing that of the backdrop. In front of the stage was rows upon rows upon columns of red velvet seats. The Auditorium even had multiple floors. It was truly the place to hold a mass attendance.

He chose a spot and sat down. He sat his things on his lap, as well. When he looked at the stage, he finally pieced together, that this was truly it. Walter had made it to the place of his dreams. He couldn't hold his excitement any longer. Other kids were around him, conversing as normal kids do. I wonder what is going on here? But this place is massive. I guess since it is an entire island, it is to be expected.

As soon as everyone in the Auditorium got situated, lights dimmed...

Here it comes....

The stage lights were turning on.

And then the curtain unveiled a figure that was holding a round object, much similar to the engraving at the entrance. This woman was in a white lab coat and short, well-groomed hair. From what Walter had seen, of course. She began to speak.

"Welcome to the Estino League's Pokémon Trainer Academy!" She greeted. "Where your drive to become a better trainer is our number one priority! Here we will battle and bond to become better people beyond our normal expectations!"

She cleared her throat into the microphone. "Okay, so now that I have those mandatory words of introductory out the way. WHAT'S UP?! I'm Professor Redwood. So here's the deal.."

She tossed her Pokémon beside her on the stage and it bounced up before the hatch unsealed itself. A red beam of light ran through the ground, and from that light emerged a creature.

This creature was a petite little dog creature. It was red throughout and had massive, brown eyes. The highlight of its body, however, was its multiple tails. Unlike anything Walter has seen, before.

"This is a Pokémon. You guys have come here to research and dissect Pokémon to learn more about them"

The little Pokémon tensed up at the words "dissect" and backed away slowly behind Ms. Redwood's lab coat. Professor Redwood got her knees and patted the Pokémon.

"Don't worry, we won't really dissect you. I was speaking figuratively" the professor said as she graciously handed the Pokémon a berry. Her eyes lit up and she bit down on the berry, feeling quite satisfied. So that is a Pokémon... Never seen one outside of bugs...

"Like I was saying... You guys came here to learn more about Pokémon and become better trainers for it. But what fun would it be to just sit in a classroom. No! We will do fun activities as well as.... Get this.... Give you guys your own starter companion!"

Everyone in the crowd applauded as news of their own starter companion was coming to fruition. Redwood motioned her hands, telling the audience to settle down more.

"You guys, I need to tell you how you are getting them. But first, let's talk about rules"

Everyone turned from excited and happy Spindas to grumpy Hariyamas. They all groaned and booed.

"HEY HEY HEY! Gotta get the boring stuff out the way before we get to the good stuff. Beside there is one and only one rule: Don't break the law! Okay, rules over"

Everyone in the room fell silent. That is really it? Okay then.

"On the mainland, those are the only rules, so why change it for you guys?" There were whispers behind the stage as someone barely peeked out. Redwood turned her head and nodded.

"Well, I have a guest here to explain how exactly, this person will be in charge of your welfare and needs. Let me introduce, Miss Eliza!"

Everyone began to clap their hands, as a woman in a floral patterned dress and heels made her way through the stage. She had long, red hair and oblong glasses. She constantly waved at everyone and blew kisses. Walter easily identified her. She's that lady from before, come to think of it, I never asked for her name!

As the room befell, once more into silence. The lady spoke up, scratching her head again.

"I almost forgot what I'm doing..." She snapped her fingers. "OKAY! So you know what a Pokédex is right? It is a neat little tool that records data when you observe Pokémon. But of course, there are different models which do different things. We are happy to announce that because of the league's generous donations, we now have PokéGears for EVERY STUDENT!"

The feedback from the Auditorium, felt as mini-Earthquakes were all going off at once and the screams of trainers expounded upon it makes them all Magnitude 8's. All except Walter, who had no idea what a PokéGear or what it did.

"So, I'm gonna leave now. I have to do something.... You'll find out in a bit. I'm being soooo happy to be your guidance counselor this year!"

Eliza walked off stage as everyone cheered her on. But Walter thoughts otherwise. HER! OUR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR! Doesn't she seem a bit, inept to be an in-charge of hundreds of students?

Professor Redwood took the floor again. Now she let out a large grin, as she knew that her next words, would bring about everyone's excitement.

"So you guys, remember those little slips, we gave you, when you entered the boat? Please take them out and look at them"

The slips, she's gonna tell us, what they mean?! Walter hastily pulled his ticket out and stared intently at the ticket number. He was quaking in his sneakers, he didn't have single what it could've mean, yet he wanted to know. All of this curiosity could kill a person. 447. 447. Come to tell what this means. 447. 447. 447.

"I'm sure you guys are all curious what the 'Entry' number means. Well, let me tell you... they"

Walter edged closer towards the stage in anticipation.

"Are going to..."

Walter edged even closer towards the stage. Come on, out with it!

"Determine your STARTER POKÉMON!"

Walter looked at his slip again. He was flabbergasted that he didn't think of anything, so painstakingly obvious than that.

"When you leave this auditorium very soon, Ms. Eliza will be at the front desk and you will give her the slip and from there, you will receive a Pokémon and a map of the island. BUT WE BEG OF YOU, DO NOT OPEN YOUR POKÉBALL INDOORS! A lot of people want to get there Pokémon too, so don't get in their way"

Everyone got up and looked at the office door, they came in from.

"Wait. One more thing"

Everyone in the audience turned back around and sat down, once more. She sent the Red fox Pokémon back into her ball. She held it out towards the audience for everyone to see.

"Your Pokéballs are a bit different from normal, when on this island. You see this golden plate in the middle? This is a lock"

That would explain the golden plate on the carving at the entrance.

"This lock will stay golden as long as you comply with Estino law. If you repeatedly break the rules, this lock will turn black. If your Pokéball's golden plate turns black, you'll no longer be able to use it. The Pokémon will be transferred to an administrative PC and you will have no more rights as a trainer on this island. So be sure to stay within the rules or else!" Redwood frowned and made sure everyone had a look into the Pokéball. It wasn't for long until she smiled again.

"A few more things. You don't have schedules. Throughout the school day, you will choose any classes that interest you, and then afterward, you are completely free to explore the island. Also dorms, you will sleep there. But here's the catch.... Your roommates from the boat you were in, will be YOUR ROOMMATE FOR THE ENTIRETY OF YOUR INSTRUCUTON!"

Walter was actually hoping to share a room with Garett but he didn't mind Nicholas either.

"Oh yeah, we don't have a curfew. Just stay in the respective buildings for girls and boys. DO NOT GO TO A DORM BUILDING if you are not of that gender"

The room befell silent.

"Alright, that's it from me! WELCOME TO THE TRAINER ACADEMY OF YOUR DREAMS! NOW YOU CAN LEAVE! INSTRUCTION STARTS TOMMOROW!"

All the students quickly ran face first for the office doors. This became much more crowded than the boat. Now triple the amount of people were trying to get to the same place.

Walter looked at his slip again as he was being shoved by a bunch of kids trying to get through, but they didn't bother him much. What Pokémon is 447?

Stephanie was closer to Eliza at the front desk than anyone else. She looked at her slip for one last time before she gave it up. Her entry was probably the oddest one in the building. What the hell does 133-L mean?

"Sup, Eliza", Stephanie said. Eliza waved and grinned.

"Hey, did you find your wallet?" Eliza responded. Stephanie grabbed her wallet from her back pocket and waved it about.

"Yep" Stephanie smiled. Eliza extended her palm and grabbed Stephanie's slip and looked at it.

"OH. 133-L. You're pretty lucky, " Eliza turned around and turned to the terminal behind her. She typed down the numbers "133" and a ball fell through the dispenser and Eliza grabbed it. She turned towards Stepahanie.

"Catch" Eliza threw the ball towards Stephanie and winked. The ball fell beneath both her hands. Eliza motioned Stephanie to come closer. She pulled out a large piece paper which appeared to have been folded multiple times. She doesn't need to tell me what maps are. I'm not an idiot.

She circled a picture of a forest with a red marker. "Train your Pokémon here, when you're ready, okay?" Stephanie nodded along, as she folded her map and handed it to her and an electronic device.

"There you go. Remember to not break the law and get some sleep. Oh, and when I'm done, I'll show you my Pokémon"

Stephanie headed to a set of doors to the right and when she opened them, there was nothing but grand buildings, all numbered, for miles, all centered by a large fountain, with the statue of a yellow mouse waving its hands.

She looked at her Pokéball. Looks like this is the moment of truth. She pressed the gold plate and the Pokéball grew exponentially. She extended her arm outwards prepared to throw it. Before she did, she heard a shriek.

Or a Rebecca.

Rebecca ran up to Stephanie, as she frantically waved her hands to get attention. There she is! She caught up with Stephanie and smiled.

"Look like we are roommates again!" Rebecca said. Stephanie sighed as she looked at both of their Pokéballs.

"Unfortunately, yes, we are still roommates"

She is such a buzzkill. Rebecca held up her Pokéball.

"So have you seen which Pokémon is yours?" Rebecca asked.

"I was about to, until you interrupted me!" Rebecca nudged, Stephanie's shoulder.

"How about we see ours at the same time" Rebecca smiled.

"Whatever, as long as it shuts you up, " Stephanie said. Rebecca cheered as she clicked the gold plate, thus enlarging her ball. Both girls held up their Pokéballs and with one swing, the balls unhatched themselves and a creature manifested from it.

Rebecca stared at her starter Pokémon. It was a small little green thing with leaves extending from the top of its head a plump head and petite body. What is this Pokémon? Rebecca grabbed her PokéGear and switched it to its Pokédex module. She pointed it at the Pokémon and the data recorded it. A voice emitted from the device:

"Petilil: The Bulb Pokémon. Pokédex Entry: 548. The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out. These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them"

I guess that is what 548 meant. Rebecca smiled and grabbed her Petilili and squeezed her tightly.

"O-M-G. YOU ARE SO CUTE. WE ARE GOING TO BE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS!"

Petilil looked flustered and confused. Of course, this was their first meeting, so all she can do is be happy to be with a trainer. But too bad, Rebecca was knocking the air from it. Rebecca sat her down and kneeled down to her height.

"My name is Rebecca. It is so nice to meet you. I'm sure we are going to be great friends"

"Petilil! Petilil!" The small bulb Pokémon rejoiced. Rebecca squeezed her once more.

As those two were getting acquainted, Stephanie looked at her Pokémon.

Stephanie's starter Pokémon was a small, brown quadruped with lighter brown highlights on its tail. It had plump brown eyes and pointed ears.

Stephanie used her PokéGear to record the Pokémon.

"Eevee: The Evolution Pokémon. Pokédex Entry: 133. Eevee is a unique Pokémon that can adapt to its environment by changing its form and abilities when evolving"

Stephanie continued to stare it and the Eevee smiled at Stephanie, recognizing her as its trainer.

"Well, glad to meet you Eevee. I'm Stephanie"

"Eevee!" The Pokémon ran up to Stephanie's legs and layed down and snoozed off. Rebecca noticed this as well. Geez, those two are perfect for each other... but not as much as me and my Petilil!

Stephanie and Rebecca gazed into each others eyes. They can both recognize each other as official trainers. I think Stephanie is thinking what I'm thinking.

"So Rebecca, seeing as you just met your new companion and I just met mine...." Stephanie tried to lead into a request.

"You bet we will!" But Rebecca already knew what she was thinking. Rebecca stared at Petilil. Already I can feel that we share a close bond. This was the perfect Pokémon for me. "Okay, Petilil, this will be our first battle. Are you ready?"

"Petil?..." Petilili got into her position.

They both looked at each other and scratched their heads.

"Stephanie?... Your Eevee is asleep"

Stephanie looked at her starter and sighed.

"I guess your right, I can't battle with a sleeping Pokémon..."

As those words were said, Eevee perked up from its slumber, more energized than ever before. It smeared its smile, and was ready to take on Petilil.

"Eev!" Eevee yelled as it got into battle stance.

"Alright, ready Rebecca?"

"Yep!" Rebecca and Petilil got into their stances and begun...

During that time....

Walter and Garett were standing in a meadow, not too far from the office where they were given their Pokémon. The meadow was quite calm, unlike the bustling academy before. It has luscious green grass and different flower varieties, from different hues and shapes. There were trees, but they were few and far, in between. Plus, this had the best place to see the daytime sky.

Both had already pressed the golden plate in their Pokéballs, so they were ready to be thrown at any time.

"So, we finally made it... not too bad. Of course, I have the better starter" Garett said.

"What?! We haven't even seen who they were yet!" Walter stated.

"No, duh, right? But mine just feels cooler and more awesome than your crummy one"

"Live in your little fantasies, so let's do it on three!" Both boys extended their arms back and counted down.

"One"

"Two"

"Three!"

Their Pokéballs were thrown and it collided with the grassy field before they were unhatched and two creatures emerged from the balls.

Garett's Pokémon had a purple coat on its skin. It was small but had two stingers and a claw on its tail. Its eyes were oddly shaped and blue. It had many legs also and resembled that of a scorpion. Garett used his PokéGear to identify the species.

"Skorupi: The Scorpion Pokémon. Pokédex Entry: 451. As soon as the tail claws close, its needle tips secrete poison. It can survive a year without food."

Skorupi was frantically shaking its claws. Garett looked at the Pokémon and was felicitous. He looked towards Walter and showed him his Pokégear, which projected an image of Skorupi's Pokédex entry.

"See that, Walter? My starter is a survivor. Last up to one year without food. That means he is better than others. What about yours?"

Walter's Pokémon was a small, blue canine-like species. It had black legs, a blue tail, and a yellow collar. It has rounded bumps on the backs of its forepaws. It has a black mask and harsh red eyes. Its ears were dropping low and it was covering its face. This little guy isn't so bad.....

Walter opened his PokéGear. And pointed it to the Pokémon.

"Riolu: The Emanation Pokémon. Pokédex Entry: 447. It has the peculiar power of being able to see emotions such as joy and rage in the form of waves"

Garett and Skorupi were already communicating as a Trainer and Pokémon. Walter looked down at Riolu and waved. Riolu saw Walter's friendly tendencies and smiled. He ran up and hugged him, already feeling a connection to his trainer.

"Riiioolu" Riolu gestured towards Garett and his Skorupi. It seemed as he wanted to become friends with them.

"Walter. Nice looking dog. Not as cool as my Scorpion, though! Up top" Garett held out his palm to Skorupi. Skorupi returned the favor and poked him with one of its stingers. Garett quickly pulled his hand back in agony. "Ouch! Skorupi, you're stingers are... really pointy. But it is fine!"

Riolu rushed over to Garett and grabbed his arm and tried to pull it down, but to no avail.

"Is he trying to..." Garett was confused.

"I think he wants to see your hand" Walter laughed.

Garett showed Riolu his palms. There was a small cut where Skorupi cut it. He started rubbing it and tried to soothe his nerves. Garett looked towards Walter's direction and ambivalently smiled.

"You know what we should do, Walter?"

Walter motioned Riolu to come back to him. Riolu waltzed back to his side once more. "Riolu, are you ready?"

"Riolu!" Riolu balled his fist and grinned at Skorupi, while Skorupi tried to intimidate him by showing off his shiny stingers and pointed his tail outward.

"On three!" Garett said. "Right", Walter responded.

"One..."

"Two...."

"Three!"

"Alright, Riolu let's make the first move! Go for it, buddy!" Walter commanded Riolu. Riolu dashed towards Skorupi, rushing through all the dirt and grass ahead of him, ready to make the first punch.

"Don't think, it'll be that easy! Skorupi hold your ground and block his attack with your clawtail!"

The battle between the two best friends had initiated. Now that our heroes were given their starter Pokémon and are now officially in the E.L.P.T.A, what future plans await them? Is it more than they bargained for?

DJTiki

Years
Chapter 7
Walter (Riolu) vs. Garett (Skorupi)

"Alright, Riolu let's make the first move! Go for it, buddy!"Walter commanded Riolu. Riolu dashed towards Skorupi, rushing through all the dirt and grass ahead of him, ready to make the first punch.

"Don't think, it'll be that easy! Skorupi hold your ground and block his attack with your clawtail!"

Skorupi dug his feet into the ground, as dust flew up in the air, it was readying its tail. Riolu ran as fast as it could, making his way across the space between it and Skorupi. It balled up its fist and lunged it. A simple punch.

The punch connected and Riolu's opponent was caving in, through the dirt below it. The flowers were all being dug up through its roots as Skorupi was being knocked back by the sheer shock. It rolled over and skidded to Garett's feet.

"Hey Garett, is one punch all it can take? I thought it was better?" Walter slandered as the Riolu jumped back, feeling confident as ever. "Good job, Riolu! You may not even need a second go around at this rate"

"Rio!"

Garett stared at the Skorupi and smiled. The two partners stared each other and nodded.

"You're still okay?"

The Skorupi furled back, right side up and showed off its stingers and clenched its tail. "Skorupi!"

"Alright then, you ready for Round 2, Walter?"

"Ready when you are!" Riolu and Walter nodded as Riolu got back into the midst of the battle.

Skorupi and Riolu fixated on one another, feeling out each other's strength. Now it was time to get serious. Walter's PokéGear opened by itself in his pocket, as did Garett's.

Each of them looked into their respective Gear. It had a list of names that Walter nor Garett recognized. On the top left corner of the screen read the word "Attacks" and beside each of the odd names read "PP".

Walter's Read:
Quick Attack
●Endure
●Foresight

While Garett's Read:
●Bite
●Poison Sting
●Leer

Neither of them knew what they mean. But tried to make sense out of it. Walter and Garett both commanded their Pokémon as they tapered to their respective opponents.

"Alright, Riolu... Quick Attack!"

"Skorupi, um... Poison Sting?"

Riolu became embodied in a harsh light and moved faster than Walter has ever seen. Skorupi's stingers looked more evil and venomous as they became embodied in a purple light and drops of questionable black substance dripped from them.

As Skorupi geared himself up by launching his new attack, Riolu was swiftly behind, leaving a trail of dust behind his tracks and just like that...

Riolu was behind Skorupi. And before neither of the two could notice, Riolu sent a blindingly, fast shockwave towards Skorupi and it touched base.

Skorupi was sent flying in the air and came crashing down.

"ALRIGHT RIOLU! KEEP AT IT!" Walter said.

"RA!" Riolu dashed towards the helpless Skorupi with another attack. He became incarnate in that white light once more, and before it had a chance to recover, it was flying impotently in the air again. Riolu skidded across the field, killing all the plants in its path and halted, preparing a final assault.

"Hang in the there, Skorupi!"

"SKOR!" The little Skorupi couldn't take much longer before he was done for. Garett was standing there, inept at figuring out what to do.

"What do I do?", thought Garett. "That thing is way too fast for me!" He recalled what happened in the battle. "That's it!"

Skorupi crashed on the field and Riolu was already running towards it. It had been bruised and beat up from the whoopings, it was getting from Walter.

"Looks like I got you, Garett! Finish it off, Riolu, with a large punch!"

Riolu was fast approaching Garett's side of the field. It was inching closer...

Ever so close....

Ever so slightly...

And just as before, Skorupi was struck once more and with all of his force, the Skorupi was caving in to Riolu's fist.

But he didn't budge an inch. In fact, it didn't budge at all.

"WHAT THE?!" Walter was surprised as it didn't faint.

Riolu was struggling to make the last blow. The Skorupi dug its tail in the dirt, to support any knockback damage.

"Alright, Riolu let's make the first move! Go for it, buddy!"Walter commanded Riolu. Riolu dashed towards Skorupi, rushing through all the dirt and grass ahead of him, ready to make the first punch.

"Don't think, it'll be that easy! Skorupi hold your ground and block his attack with your clawtail!" Garett recalled the beginning of the battle, and developed a strategy. "I was blocking that first attack wrong! If I use its tail, I can make sure that Riolu's attack doesn't hurl it, in the air again!"

"Walter. Looks like you lose...."

".... Again...... Skorupi use Leer!"

Riolu stared into its opponent's eyes. The Skorupi's eyes glowed a yellow color and it made Riolu's spine shiver and quake. It was contiually getting nervous to what could be of it.

"How did you?!" Walter asked. The tide of the battle quickly shifted to Garett's end as Riolu still to break Skorupi's harsh defense. It's tail bent and twisted from the earth. But never did it let go of the dirt.

"Easy! Remember the beginning of the battle! Your first attack didn't send Skorupi hurling in the sky, it just slid across the field. But now that I'm using my tail, you can't do a damn thing. And now you're wide opened and with your lowered defense..... looks like you are the loser."

"Riolu, hurry up and use Qui-" Walter hastily said.

"FIVE SECONDS TOO LATE! SKORUPI SLASH IT WITH POISON STING"

"SKOR" Skorupi smirked and embodied his stingers with a purple light and black sludge. Before Riolu could make its next move, it started cutting it through with its stingers. Riolu could only stand there, with no hope, as venomous cuts were constantly being ripped through Riolu's skin. One by one, black slash marks were made across his body.

When it let up, Riolu looked dazed, unable to know left from right. It was feeling tue effects of the poison and couldn't make out anything. The momentum of the battle was shifted.

"ALRIGHT! FINISH IT WITH YOUR TAIL!"

"Skoruupi-" Skorupi said as it unhatched its tail from the earth and slapped it across Riolu's face. Riolu was launched in the air and it fell down near Walter's feet, whose eyes were not responding and it looked out of energy. Riolu was unable to battle.

Garett wins!

"YES" Garett leaped in the air with joy as Walter looked at Riolu with distraught. "Way to go, Skorupi! That is how we do it!"

Walter took out Riolu's Pokéball and pointed it at the Riolu and sighed. "For your first battle, you did great. Return." With one click of the gold plate, the Pokémon receded back into the ball with one flash of light. He looked at Garett, who was flaunting his win, along with Skorupi. Walter walked towards Garett. "Good game. I guess you just got lucky"

"It isn't luck, it's a skill. Be a good little loser, Walter. We won, fair and square" Garett showed off. He stared into Skorupi's eyes and Walter grinned. Those two are perfect for each other, they already have great communication and its obvious why I lost. Walter took a long stare into his own injured Pokémon. I'm sure Riolu and I will only grow stronger.

"Walter, you know what?" Garett asked as he kneeled down and patted Skroupi's head. "Me and Skorupi only just met, but I love this thing already! But it is a bit damaged, thanks to you and your Riolu, no less. So I'm going to put it back"

Garett pointed to his Pokémon and returned it. Garett stood up and turned towards Walter and placed his hand on his shoulder. Oh god, what he is trying to do!

"You and your emo Riolu, better get stronger because it is obvious that we are rivals. So I'm going to check your progress and continue to kick your ass from time to time. Got it?"

Walter face widened and scrunched. "RIOLU IS NOT EMO, AND I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS WHENEVER I CAN!"

"Whatever you say, but you lost. Let's head back. Maybe telling some trainers that I won, will score me some chicks"

Even when battling, Garett is still thinking about girls. They both walked back to the academy and left the once beautiful meadow, ravaged from their battle. A looming shadow appeared as they walked away, but neither noticed.

"Hmm. That was their first battle. Not bad at all....

Walter and Garett. This year will be interesting, I can tell." The shadow said to itself before it disappeared, detecting no attention.

Back