• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Im Making a tileset too but the building are too small...
What size should i resize my buildings to, Im new at the can anyone give me some tips...
This is 1/2 the view, the buildings are the correct size.
It should be 200% the size of the ingame buildings.

Town where you get pokemon:
screenshot2.png

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
This is 1/2 the view, the buildings are the correct size.
It should be 200% the size of the ingame buildings.

U misunderstood... I was asking for my onw tiles...

Im having trouble figuring out how i can finish this map... This is as far as i got...

I Tried adding many things and nothing just looks right to me

NAFERA.png

Im having trouble figuring out how i can finish this map... This is as far as i got...

NAFERA.png
NARFACITY2.png

Ok A before and after look What do ya think... still like people to advise improvements

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Make all the paths lead somewhere, the center building isn't connected...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Ok A before and after look What do ya think... still like people to advise improvements

Try adding some fences, and maybe a couple of trees in the middle. One or two more houses could help; however, try to only use one type of house per town.

The main problem is that it's too empty; maybe you could remake the map at a smaller size, so everything's closer together?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Try adding some fences, and maybe a couple of trees in the middle. One or two more houses could help; however, try to only use one type of house per town.

The main problem is that it's too empty; maybe you could remake the map at a smaller size, so everything's closer together?

Make all the paths lead somewhere, the center building isn't connected...

Thanks guys i've been looking at the other maps is the showcase and been learning and seeing what they do and how they blend the terrains and what not i'm in the process of finishing me lesson in ruby but what im done i'll be remapping each map but I do plan to post my maps in a topic so you can see mystyle and add input on how i could improve my style...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You do know that Photobucket automatically resizes large images, right? You might want to upload it somewhere else...

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Oh crap, thanks for telling me, I think I will some other time :D
(Sorta busy)

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Ok I made the 3d Model of beldum based on my sprites... Hard work... My first 3d model too :D It was a pretty big step forward for me...
I used blender to render this, and I exported it to 3ds

ay0nqr.jpg

142tz6q.jpg

2lnddo7.jpg

2dlua79.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
Well your first 3d model is way better than mine :)
Some things I noticed:
1. The head could use less loops and it wouldn't change the siloutte much.
2. Did you use the decimate modifier by any chance?
3. smooth it.
If you need help for rendereing it in a cartoony way, just ask.
Well I haven't posted here for a while, so...
male.png

femaleq.png

The base models of female and male trainers for my game. All the (young) trainer models will be built from these

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Jeez, the quality of the games being produced has increased ENORMOUSLY since I stopped developing games myself. Kudos to all you gamemakers!

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Altoriafinalroom.png

:3
The first room in my game where you obtain the sword an learn the evil secrets of Jarfed!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Some fresh screens from Pokemon: Dissension. Enjoy.

picture.php

Those screens look Beautiful man. The mapping's looking great too. Oh You know, I can help you make a Titlescreen with a Glowing Lugia or something like that right? I think That'd be cool to see, It'd add onto the Games Appeal. Anyway Keep it up.

How do you guys like this for a new project me and my friend are working on?

Animation-2.gif

screeny.png

These are looking very nice, I like how you put The official games art to great use, very nice. I find it a bit scary to be meeting Oak at night though lol, Unless there's a reason for that.

Altoriafinalroom.png

:3
The first room in my game where you obtain the sword an learn the evil secrets of Jarfed!

That's pretty impressive to see, another 3D game. Looks pretty good, the map seems a bit small though.

Very nice, Are the Trainers Bigger than the Houses though?​

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@BlitŻ: Really nice backgrounds, if you made them yourself. The Oak looks like it's from another fangame I have seen but that might just be a public one. I don't really like the name btw.

@MarkLegault: Not really that good tbh, a lot of improvement is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back