• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I found a neat image on what the protagonist's artwork might look like:

Spoiler:

I sincerely hope she's actually wearing those boots.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Spoiler:

Lol I was gonna post that exact picture. I think they look great personally. I'm loving the female's protag design.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Wow, really loving how the protagonists might turn out! They really shine a fresh feeling over this new generation. I feel like the games are going to be a huge hit, don't you think so? xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Spoiler:

I reallyyy like that design. I dislike the male but meh I usually dislike the males. As for her it definitely makes her sprite shine out, so I hope it's something along those lines. Plus the boots are indeed sexy.

Guy

just a guy
Years
That artwork is pretty nice, especially for the girl. I really would like to have that jacket the male protagonist has on. Other than that and his shades, however, the guy looks all around generic and very much like Hilbert.

I do hope character customization is a thing this generation. That way we can at least make him somewhat more appealing of a character to play as.

Wow, really loving how the protagonists might turn out! They really shine a fresh feeling over this new generation. I feel like the games are going to be a huge hit, don't you think so? xD
Given the huge hype the games have generated in less than a month since its announcement, I would say yes.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
The girl reminds me so much of Leaf from FR/LG. It's probably just the hat though. I'm really happy with these designs, not too over-the-top for me like the BW2 ones were.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yes, agreed. The only gripe I have is how similar the male looks to Hilbert. I mean, Hilbert had a great design but why is it soooooooooooo similar?

Years

Spoiler:

I saw that art on Pixiv, I'd probably like to see the Sugimori art turn out like this.

I have to say the female protagonist is really cool, but I was disappointed with the male's design.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
I'm really liking the female design, I've always went with the girls, and I know this will be no expection. She looks great :D

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023

Spoiler:

That is the first time I was fooled by fanart. They look completely possible, exactly how they should look if we get their art. Are we actually sure these aren't real? Of course they aren't silly, the jacket's too different on the guy, its not open with a white t-shirt underneath like it should be...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The female does look way better, so i guess I'll pick her.
But i think their design is going to be improved until the final relesase, because im pretty sure they could look a lot better on the 3DS than what we have seen so far. So time will tell...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

Spoiler:

I love the female design, but the male is just...blech to me. The long hair makes him look more feminine than masculine by a long shot, and the boots aren't really helping either.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The female does look way better, so i guess I'll pick her.
But i think their design is going to be improved until the final relesase, because im pretty sure they could look a lot better on the 3DS than what we have seen so far. So time will tell...

I'm not sure they'll be altering the protagonists too much really. The male (which needs it) probably won't get too much of an overhaul to separate it from Hilbert, which is kind of annoying.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm not sure they'll be altering the protagonists too much really. The male (which needs it) probably won't get too much of an overhaul to separate it from Hilbert, which is kind of annoying.

Well i guess you are probably right...that would kinda suck, but after all its "just" a protagonist right?
Maybe they really do put trainer customization in the game, then it wouldn't be that bad...

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Most of the scenes in the trailers features the male protagonist, and I must say that he does looks like Hilbert once again, like Nate back then in B2/W2, and I find it too much; ever since Hilbert was introduced, fans must be pleased with the design, that Game Freak continued to make a male protagonist similar to Hilbert in the succeeding games, with just a few alternations and modifications, so it would also appeal to fans. However, it doesn't have that effect anymore this time. I wish they could at least change the male into something different, but I suppose that won't be happening, since they've already shown him to the public view.

I have not seen much of the female protagonist, except her hair and a part of her design, but not entirely like her face. She seems to be pretty although, and I think she'll be a favorite too.

Spoiler:

I haven't seen this image before, and it may be a fanart, but it does give a possible close-up of the two protagonists of X and Y. Both characters have that European feeling (well, for me); they have glasses on top of the brim of their cap/hat (which I have no idea whatsoever as to why they have one. Probably just for design and nothing more); they have black boots (though I like the female's more); and they are a bit bony (especially the female protagonist).

But anyways, I hear there's also a possibility of having a trainer customization in the game. In my opinion, that would be delightful, for a change at least. We can design ourselves with the theme we like, so that we don't look the same.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It really is just a second Hilbert. Blue coat, long hair, red hat. It's kind of silly that they'd rehash him so blatantly. If we can customize it then I would be pretty happy, as there's a whole slew of things I would change on the male protagonist (okay, pretty much everything to be honest).

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
If they were going to change up the female protagonist and make her blonde, why couldn't they have done the same thing to the male? As much as I am hoping for customization(especially skin tone), if they at least went with my first statement, it'd be a nice change at least.

Back