• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username Changes - September 2015 [Read post #186!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
please read this entire post carefully before replying or it is possible that your username change will be refused and you will not be offered a second chance for another four months

also this http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8925166&postcount=188

The September 2015 Username Change Thread

Hello, and welcome to the new username change thread. Previously, we changed usernames on an "on demand" basis. Now, rather than having one thread that is open all the time, we will be making three username change threads a year, each of which is open for two weeks only. This is one of those threads. If there is a currently active username change request thread, you can use it to request a username change. It's as simple as that. At the end of the two weeks the thread will be closed and I will do the name changes. You may only change your username once during this period and after your username has been changed you must wait for the next thread to open. To summarise:

• username changes are made only three times a year.
• three times a year, for two weeks, you will have an opportunity to change your name. This thread will close on 14/09/2015 and you must request your username change in this thread before that date.
• if there is an open username change thread, you may request a name change.
• you may not change your username outside of these opportunities.
to clarify: it does not matter at all when your last username change was. If this thread is open, you can have another one.

We've done this to make everything as simple, easy and fair as possible for you all. However, there are some things that you need to consider:

Some rules regarding username changes apply. If your request does not adhere to these rules it will be denied and you will need to wait until the next username change period in four months' time to ask again. Furthermore there are some rules for the use of this thread.

• There is a format for requesting a username change. In your name change request post please include the following so that it is easy for us to reference who you were and who you are asking to be:
    [B]Current username:[/B]
    [B]Requested username:[/B]

[any relevant information to the username change]
    Please be thorough in giving us any extra information that you feel is relevant. Note that we do not need to know why you want to change your username.

• You may not change to a taken username unless...
    a) The taken username has not logged on in four or more years.
    b) The taken username has not made any posts.
    c) You have made 100 or more posts on the PokéCommunity.
    All three of the above conditions must be met to take an already-used username. If you would like to change to a taken username and these conditions are met, it is really really helpful to include a link to the taken username in your post. You can and should check if a username is already taken; see below to find out how. Do not post requests for usernames that are just on the edge of these requirements because they will be denied. If you think that an exception should be made, please PM me so that we can discuss it.

• Please do not post in this thread unless you are asking for a username change. This thread is for username change requests only, even if you are a supporter or a staff member. Do not hold conversations, ask for advice, or offer corrections to bad requests in this thread. If you need help, please send me a Private Message instead of asking in this thread

• Make sure that your username is appropriate. If it includes vulgar language or does not follow the forum rules in some way, it isn't allowed as a username. Do not request usernames intended to impersonate somebody else. Special characters are fine but be aware that they can be hard to log in with and may not display properly for all users (sometimes including me when changing your name!). Please also limit your username to 36 characters (including spaces) or fewer; any more can break parts of the forum's display.

I cannot stress this enough - always search to check if the username you want is already taken. This is one of the main reasons for username change denials. There are two ways to see if a username is already taken and I recommend you use both of them before posting.

• The Member List. Click on that to go to the member list. Find "Search Members" in the top right of the screen, click on it, and type the username you want. Press "Go" and if no results are found, it is likely that the username is available for you to use. However, you cannot be certain until you have also searched by...

• Direct profile URLs. Copy and paste the following without the quotation marks:
    "http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username="
    then add on to the end of it, after the = sign, the username you are interested in. For example my URL would be "http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=shenanigans", and loading that in your browser's address bar that will take you to my profile. If nothing loads when visiting that URL then your requested username is not taken. If a profile does load, the username is taken. If the profile is banned, the username is considered taken and the above rules apply to it. Be aware that usernames with spaces in them might not load by this method unless the spaces are substituted by "%20". For example, "Razor Leaf" becomes "http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=Razor%20Leaf".

If you still need confirmation that your requested username is available, please PM me for help.

That's about everything. Please be patient after making your request as it will not be completed until after this thread has closed, and please remember that if you have a problem you can PM me about it and I'll get back to you as soon as you can. Otherwise, thanks for reading, and enjoy your name changes!

No username changes will be made until at least 14th September, 2015. This thread will be re-made on 1st January, 2016.
If your name change was denied, please try again then.
If you would like to dispute a name change denial, please contact me via PM after I have made all of the other username changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
Current username:Delta
Requested username:Zehn
Zehn is current being held by my alt, if the usernames could be swapped. I can post with it here if necessary

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Current: SSJ4 Furanki
Requested: El Diabeetus

My current one is a result of 14 me thinking I was clever by fusing my love for Dragon Ball with an overly literal translation of my first name in Japanese (Frankie -> Furanki). My requested one is one I use nearly everywhere else now and I want to change my name that I've had for years at this point.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Current username: Detox
Requested username: Syndrome

Time to go #ThrowbackMonday. Slap Detox onto my alt, which will post below somewhere. Also since apparently deleting alts is a thing can you do that thank ye.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Current: Ninja Aiden
Requested: Aiden

I'm gonna go simple I think. Everyone calls me Aiden anyway (or I want them to) so it's just easier. Plus I'm not really about that two-word username life.

Sirfetch’d

Requested Username: Castform

was going to be weather ball but nah. I have Castform as my alt right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=522576

Could I just have the names swapped? thanks!

EDIT: Actually once you put the name Castform on this account feel free to delete the other one which would have Chase. I don't plan to go back to this name and someone may want it.

Last edited:

Yukari

Requested username: Yukari

Oh yeah since it's taken here's a [Link] to the account. (I already asked if it was okay for me to change to this and shenanigans said it was so yay. c:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back