• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I never really had an issue with the 0.0. The only annoying part was when I got it, but it didn't give me the sigil so I had to reget a 0.0.

Has anyone maxed stats yet?

Sadly nope ;-; There's an easier way to gain 99 sphere levels, but that means capturing 10 of each, and every enemy which sounds way too time consuming for my liking...I'll eventually get back to FFX, but I'm just playing multiple games at the moment for trophy purposes XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Those of you who know Phoenix Wright's Japanese name, Ryuuichi Naruhodo, will quickly relate the two, and it's safe to say that Ryuunosuke is Phoenix's ancestor. I'm interested to see if this will come over given the setting; after all, the Ace Attorney series has taken great care in moving the setting from Japan to America. Some people speculate that, rather than Meiji Japan, it will take place in Civil-War (or more appropriately, Post-Civil War) America. Given the effort that would take due to the differences between contemporary America and contemporary Japan compared to Meiji-era Japan and post-Civil War America, I speculate that Phoenix's ancestor will either remain Japanese or the game just simply won't be brought over, which is a shame, because I'm excited to experience yet another Shu Takumi tale.

Spoiler:

Yeah, they did their best with the localization but sometimes it's still pretty obvious it's set in Japan. I hope that they do bring this one over too, it looks really interesting. Have they ever explicitly said that Wright is not Japanese in the English games? I mean, I know his last name is Wright and all, but I guess he could still be Japanese-American or something, I don't know. :P

They still haven't translated AAI2, wonder if they're still planning on doing that.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Sadly nope ;-; There's an easier way to gain 99 sphere levels, but that means capturing 10 of each, and every enemy which sounds way too time consuming for my liking...I'll eventually get back to FFX, but I'm just playing multiple games at the moment for trophy purposes XD

I completed the arena a while ago and maxed 3 people so far. The rest is proving to be really tedious though as I pretty much haven't ever used them lol.

Years
I completed the arena a while ago and maxed 3 people so far. The rest is proving to be really tedious though as I pretty much haven't ever used them lol.

So envious ;-; During battles, I try to rotate through everyone so I won't have to level them later into the game :P Everyone's basically on equal grounds.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
I haven't maxed anyone, but I'm nowhere near that far yet. I'm kind of taking my time.

The Expert Grid is pretty cool, but I think it's lacking a little for certain characters. I'm at the Thunder Plains and Yuna still has less than 700 max HP.

Maxing out everyone's stats sounds like it would take FOREVER.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The Expert Grid doesn't really seem that great for stats but you seem to get abilities so much faster. I'm much happier with that than stats, although low HP plagued a lot of my party until just recently and I'm already at Gagazet. :s

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Yeah, I'm really noticing that. Wakka doesn't OHKO fliers the way he did on my file on the PS2. But at least TKO helps auto-kill a lot of them.

The sheer variety of what abilities I can get to when, though? Solid.

Cherrim

Years
I keep finding characters are coming within maybe 50-100 damage of OHKOing enemies and it's really annoying. >:/ I wish I could just get that extra little bit of damage in so that battles ended a whole round of turns earlier.

I should probably grind for a little bit but I decided early on that I'd try to keep my party balanced in level and I got bored of that really quick and ended up kind of rushing the game, oops. ;_;'

Years
You don't even understand how irritating it feels, and looks seeing "1/XXX" for the enemy's HP, and it's like, really? You couldn't deal one extra damage to kill them >>;; That has happened numerous times. I'm not even going to try the Expert Grid because I'm having a hard time trying to choose what roles each of them should fill with the Standard Grid XD

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
I have been having the same issue. At least once, Wakka dropped an enemy to 1 HP and I about lost it entirely. At the moment, Lulu is probably my most powerful character, since she does a LOT of damage right now.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I used Rikku's Mix to speed through the game, at certain points I was drastically under leveled, overall the game really isn't that hard though when you can abuse it. I only really did it as wanted to get to stat maxing as fast as possible lol, Going for a 100% file I really didn't want to waste time on the story (still haven't completed it)

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
I don't use Mix that much, but I don't remember any of the combinations very well other than Frag Grenade -- which is still pretty good, because I'm usually up to my neck in spheres I can turn over for that, and free Armor Break is hard to argue with.

Cherrim

Years
I almost never use Mix... I'm one of those people who hates using items, even if I have 99 of them, because some irrational part of my brain is going "wait stop, what if you NEED that later????" Even if it's just a potion or something, hahaha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I almost never use Mix... I'm one of those people who hates using items, even if I have 99 of them, because some irrational part of my brain is going "wait stop, what if you NEED that later????" Even if it's just a potion or something, hahaha.

When I have 60 of any sphere, I always spam the spell that makes the enemies drop that sphere on whatever. Because 60 just isn't enough when I have 99 of every other one!

Other than the key spheres really, I find the concept of paying for spheres really silly in general. I'm no power gamer at all and only one time in the entire game have I run out of any spheres, and within an hour I was back up to 99 of them. When you have a resource that's so abundant, what's the point in it even existing? Why not just allow you to unlock them without spheres? Would save the time of scrolling through the list to select the one non-gray option.

Years
I have been having the same issue. At least once, Wakka dropped an enemy to 1 HP and I about lost it entirely. At the moment, Lulu is probably my most powerful character, since she does a LOT of damage right now.

Yeah, surprisingly Lulu's been quite handy in enemies with 10000+ HP because she has Flare which does upwards of 12000+ right now :D Also, Holy is especially useful too!

I used Rikku's Mix to speed through the game, at certain points I was drastically under leveled, overall the game really isn't that hard though when you can abuse it. I only really did it as wanted to get to stat maxing as fast as possible lol, Going for a 100% file I really didn't want to waste time on the story (still haven't completed it)

Really? How did that work? o.o Like the others, I'm not a huge user of Mix because there's tons of different combinations, and I don't have the patience for it XD

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
As a general rule, the locks are there so you don't completely break the game. Erase all the locks from the grid, and you have Kimahri with access to Ultima before you leave Kilika.

yes, they could just redraw the whole sphere grid to stop that happening. shush.

Cherrim

Years
When I have 60 of any sphere, I always spam the spell that makes the enemies drop that sphere on whatever. Because 60 just isn't enough when I have 99 of every other one!

Other than the key spheres really, I find the concept of paying for spheres really silly in general. I'm no power gamer at all and only one time in the entire game have I run out of any spheres, and within an hour I was back up to 99 of them. When you have a resource that's so abundant, what's the point in it even existing? Why not just allow you to unlock them without spheres? Would save the time of scrolling through the list to select the one non-gray option.
Honestly, I've stopped even noticing how many spheres I have because it never matters. I haven't been dangerously low on spheres since the veeeery beginning of the game when ability spheres were a little scarce and even then... on the Expert Grid, Yuna starts on top of the Distill Ability node (or whatever it's called) so it's not a problem at all.

The spheres get a little better once you unlock Aeon customization and can start spending them on stats but even then, it's only a little bit of grinding to get the numbers back up so I agree that it mostly just feels pointless. :(

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Yeah, surprisingly Lulu's been quite handy in enemies with 10000+ HP because she has Flare which does upwards of 12000+ right now :D Also, Holy is especially useful too!
I'm nowhere near that level of damage yet, but she has Slayer as her overdrive mode, and she one-hit-kills Gold Elementals. Her overdrive is pretty OP at this point, especially since I can by now consistently get 7 shots of Fira/Thundara/Watera/Blizzara off, which is enough to kill pretty much every enemy on the field -- and if not, it at least overkills any single enemy at this point, which is good enough for me.

Years
I've actually never really paid any mind to the different types of Overdrives \: Nearing the end of the game where I'm doing all the side-quests available, I still have no idea what they do XD

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Well, to be fair, not many of them are that useful outside of one each of Tidus and Wakka's, and possibly Grand Summoning Anima, by the time you get far enough into the near-end-game sidequests.

I just beat Spherimorph last night. Having all of the -ga level spells makes it super easy. I specifically ground for those since I was so close by the time I got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back