• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Heres where i've always been stuck. I don't know if it's the end but i'm in the sinnoh region and its like this: 2 places im stuck accually. First pastoria city (mash city) theres some police officers in the way. they wont let me to the route ahead. Next the ropute far north of Solaceon town has these kecleon blocking the way. when i press A. it says "zzzzzzzzzzz.................ke!" and thats all. can someone tell me how to get pass these parts? I know the beta isn't over til u get to sunyshore. Someone told me that. someone tell me what to do please?

jefffan3

Devolping A New Game Now......
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
umm is their one in english and if so whare can i download it? it looks like a very good game :)

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
UPDATE's
Hello the whole ones
I was traveling for these last two weeks
that the hack was paralyzed and to encourage
you I brought a video of the initial script of the hack
I won't reveal it I begin to be more touching
during the game.

Observation: a mistake exists in the box when you choose the pokemon, as well as
they can verify in the video I didn't still get you get right it, but it is not very seriou
s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jung5nV2-Uk

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
O_O

That was.. amazing. No, more than amazing.. I really don't know what to say. Take that as a good thing.

Although, that little error with the Turtwig; that should be easily fixed by working the palettes, right?

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
Years
Hey, otimos scripts, certamente! Sempre ouvi dizer que os scripts de Light Platinum eram excepcionais, e creio que realmente... voce é bastante inovativo... e isso conta muitos pontos!
Só acho que a falha do vídeo é nao conseguirmos ler os dialogos direito, mas pelo que pude ver nessa correria toda foram alguma falhas estéticas nas msgboxes. Primeiro, as linhas estão muito quebradas, o que dá um aspecto bem estranho pra elas... segundo, me pareceu faltar pontuação algumas horas, apesar de eu nao poder garantir isso devido à mencionada velocidade. haha... e por último, há algum "revisador" de inglês no seu time? Quase não consegui ler as frases, mas tenho quase certeza de ter lido um "He" onde deveria ser um "It" (o que é um erro bastante comum para brasileiros, na verdade, don't worry).

Tirando as mensagens... o hack parece estár "soberbo", eu diria. haha. Os mapas parecem muito bonitos, e ainda assim com uma jogabilidade ótima. E os scripts, como dito antes, são inspiradores.

Ah! Últimas considerações (lembradas de última hora).
Só acho que, para um visual ainda mais bonito no hack, as mensagens deveriam seguir o padrão-Nintendo de cores, por assim dizer. Claro que isso é uma opção completamente sua, e se foi proposital, então respeitarei completamente... mas as mensagens sempre cinza dão um tom estranho... o azul-para-meninos e vermelho-para-meninas dão um ar mais vivo, creio eu.
E para um tom um pouco mais profissional... após receber o pokémon inicial, eu provavelmente colocaria uma mensagem "You received [Pokemon]!" ou algo que o valha (aí sim, em cinza).. com um fanfare acompanhando... parece mais... organizado.

Mas, no mais... tenho certeza que seu hack é, atualmente, um dos melhores "in progress" aqui na PC.

Continue com o ótimo trabalho!

For those who doesn't speak portuguese:

Hey, great scripts, certainly! I've always heard that Light Platinun's scripts were "excepitional", and.. indeed... you are quite inovative... and that's a real score.
I just think that the video has one fault: we can't really read the messages to understand what's going on. But... from what I was able to read, there are some aesthetic faults in the msgboxes. Firstly, you break the lines too oftenly, which gives'em a weird look...
Secondly, it seemed to me to be some lack of punctuation sometimes, although I can't guarantee that due to the mentioned speed of the boxes. haha.
Last of all, is there any English "reviewer" in your team? I could barely read the messages, but I'm almost sure I saw a "He" where there should be an "It" (which is pretty common among brazilians, don't worry.)

Msgboxes apart, the hack is "superb", I'd say. The maps seem very beautiful, and yet with great playability. And the scripts, as said, are inspiring.

Ah! Some last-time considerations!
I just think that... for a better look to the hack, you could adopt Nintendo's color pattern for messages. Of course this is completely your call, and if that was intentional, I'll totally respect that. But the "ever-gray" messages give the hack a kind of dull air... the "blue-for-boys" and "red-for-girls" gives a more lively tone to it.
And, for a bit more professional tone... after you receive your first Pokémon, I'd probably put a "You received [pokémon]!" message (this time, in gray), together with a fanfare. It just seems more... organized.

But... above all that... I'm sure your hack is, these days, one of the best "in progress" here at PC!

Keep up with the awesome work!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
then it is also hacking other people's hack.

Unless you've got permission. :P

Ah! Some last-time considerations!
I just think that... for a better look to the hack, you could adopt Nintendo's color pattern for messages. Of course this is completely your call, and if that was intentional, I'll totally respect that. But the "ever-gray" messages give the hack a kind of dull air... the "blue-for-boys" and "red-for-girls" gives a more lively tone to it.
And, for a bit more professional tone... after you receive your first Pokémon, I'd probably put a "You received [pokémon]!" message (this time, in gray), together with a fanfare. It just seems more... organized.

But... above all that... I'm sure your hack is, these days, one of the best "in progress" here at PC!

Keep up with the awesome work!

I have a little bit of more suggestions for what you've said.

Maybe Green Text for Important People, like Steven, Ash, Lance, etc.

Orange Text for Gym Leaders, Purple Text for evil organisations like Team Steam,

and Yellow Text for the Elite Four.

Last edited:

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
Years
Wesley keep it up.
Hope to get the final Game soon.
My bro is begin me to luck for some intresting hacks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2009
OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVE THE NEW BETA! He even made the amin character's sprite do the throwing motion! Please Wesley! Whatever you're done, release it thru Sendspace. But the IPS patch only! LP IS AWESOME!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVE THE NEW BETA! He even made the amin character's sprite do the throwing motion! Please Wesley! Whatever you're done, release it thru Sendspace. But the IPS patch only! LP IS AWESOME!

I'm almost entirely sure that he'll just attach it to the first post, like most people would. :/

Years
UPDATE's

Hello the whole ones
I was traveling for these last two weeks
that the hack was paralyzed and to encourage
you I brought a video of the initial script of the hack
I won't reveal it I begin to be more touching
during the game.

Observation: a mistake exists in the box when you choose the pokemon, as well as
they can verify in the video I didn't still get you get right it, but it is not very serious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jung5nV2-Uk

OMG this is awesome!! im serious! when u get this version done u have to post the ips file. Id love that!! GOOD JOB SO FAR!!! keep at it

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2009
Beautiful script, WesleyFG! i am amazed by that very good and somewhat long script! you really made a good idea of using the Fly HM available in Ruby! the game has very good graphics that suit the game as well! good luck WesleyFG with Light Platinum. :)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
LOL! I didn't even noticed that there's an evil grunt behind the lamp post. :laugh:
Spoiler:

anyways, that is truly an amazing script, grammar errors aside, it's a great script, though after the Team Steam battle, the man should run faster though. :\

but anyways, it's really cool, especially when some person called out his/her Empoleon! That was amazing. :D

anyways, good luck with this hack~

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2009
Not always. Wesley didnt release the first beta. Somebody else did. And I got it from TropicalSunlight.

Back