• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
I'm pretty sure (If not totally correct) thats the stone before it was broken...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right ^^

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
That huge ball is totally awesome!
Is that one of guardian's stones?
Yes, it is! It's the original one though. Find out more in the BETA.

The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right ^^

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!
Thanks a lot, and about the tile error.. It appears it's too late, but I'll fix it sooner or later.

I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.
Thanks, it'll be out soon enough ;)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
you are going to include Blissey, right?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
you are going to include Blissey, right?
Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
or will it be just a Blissey just wondering

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
This is a great hack, I like the tiles and the cyndaquil events, hope you can carry through with this :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.
Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.
When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
or will it be just a Blissey just wondering
It'll just be a Blissey.

Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.
No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?
Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.

It'll just be a Blissey.

No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

Wooo! A beta!
say... Your going to WI? That's where I live!

Well I hope this beta is as exciting as the screenies and Vids!
[will most likely edit post or put up new post when I'm done playing!]

~Flaming Flarez~
~Eruption Beta! How fun~

~EDIT~ um.. what the heck...
all that is changed is the intro sequence...
that is all that is different from FR/LG

Although I did go into A-Map and saw a map but it really didn't matter...
No other Maps, No Scripts, No nothing...

I thought this had to be some sort of joke...

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Yaay a Beta! Sadly, I won't be playing it yet, I'm waaaay too busy with my non-amazing non-Pokémon life (gosh darn it, summer's over DX)...

Good luck, though, and I'll check it out later...

Oh... Right: Happy Hackin'!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
something is really messed up with the patch... it's filesize is tiny and when i loaded it nothing is changed at all...

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
>________________________>

That's all I need to say. YOU TRICKED US ALL :(

When he does get back, though, we'll have the actual beta! Or maybe he never left...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back