• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey, this is my favorite Pokemon hack. But, how do you takes the tiles from this game and put it into another one?
Unless he has said otherwise (in such a case saying anyone can use them) in these 289 previous pages, you might want to seek permission to use them before asking how to use them.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Point taken.

Last Activity: July 2nd, 2012 10:41 PM
Still, best to seek permission. I'll send him a PM asking him to slip over here. Hopefully he gets an e-mail alert. Maybe others here have his e-mail and can try that.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What is there to do after both leagues and championship? Is there any battle tower or frontier to keep me playing? If not I'll skip this.
No. Championship is the last thing.

But Wesley is never on though...
Because he has life... and since he hasn't released these tiles for public use, you can presume you cannot use them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So here I am training on Route 407 before moving in to challenge the Gym (I just backtracked to help the hatching of the Eevee Egg and got some Ice Pokémon from the Safari Zone's Ice Zone, so my goal is to get them up to snuff to help with the Gym). While going to select to take a picked up item from my Bibarel, I accidentally selected CUT while in the middle of the grass. I got a surprise:

surprise01.png

Never seen that before. Kinda cool that if you're weak you can mow a clear path to the Pokémon Center.

(And yes, for anyone asking; the grass returns after you go far enough away.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2016
So here I am training on Route 407 before moving in to challenge the Gym (I just backtracked to help the hatching of the Eevee Egg and got some Ice Pokémon from the Safari Zone's Ice Zone, so my goal is to get them up to snuff to help with the Gym). While going to select to take a picked up item from my Bibarel, I accidentally selected CUT while in the middle of the grass. I got a surprise:

Never seen that before. Kinda cool that if you're weak you can mow a clear path to the Pokémon Center.

(And yes, for anyone asking; the grass returns after you go far enough away.)

Cyclone

Its in every official pokemon GBA game. Surprising u never saw it before

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Its in every official pokemon GBA game. Surprising u never saw it before
Seriously? Keep in mind I've only played one or two of those on ROMs, and I never tried that because I didn't know about it. Besides, it seems easier to keep walking through using save states. :P

Might have to try it in Emerald since I have that, and Fire Red when I play it.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2017
Seriously? Keep in mind I've only played one or two of those on ROMs, and I never tried that because I didn't know about it. Besides, it seems easier to keep walking through using save states. :P

Might have to try it in Emerald since I have that, and Fire Red when I play it.

Cyclone

CUT the grass was possible even in GSC.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Of course... Cut simply cuts even normal grass... I'm also surprised that you did not know it.
Nope, I had no clue and never even tried it. Now I know, so I know when playing Emerald to give it a try if I'm in a pinch. Might have to keep that Pokémon in my party when I'm not busy leveling. :)

Of course, "Teleport" is more direct.

EDIT: All right, I still haven't evolved my Espeon. I realize Umbreon likely isn't available, but is Espeon also unavailable? Saw a post about a standalone Leafeon...

If it turns out I can't evolve Espeon, I'll hold off evolving my Eevee until I have an idea what I want it to become.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, I've moved on to Eeveelutions.

e12e.png

Seems to be a problem with one of the tress on Route 407 (see circle). There are also two more trees south of the lake that you can climb on top of.

I'm now at Bramboch (obviously, that's taken south of the entrance). I previewed the Red battle and he seems to have his original team. At least he doesn't modify his team, though I wonder why the non-English version called him an Aroma Lady (though "PKM" is not a correct abbreviation of "Pokémon" either).

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I just beat Lucas, the 3rd badge leader and I have no idea what to do next. All I have is HM01. I read somewhere that along the path to seanport, the hiker has an HM or something. I didn't get that or find it. Can someone please tell me what to do next or where to go?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
@Cyclone: Probably because Red replaced some original Aroma Girl.
As for the tile error... some tile errors of them are unfixable for some reason...
Really? I fixed that tree in two seconds.

e12fix.png

The trees you wind up standing on top of could probably be fixed the same way; by copying a tile that works from elsewhere on the same map or another map and putting them over the problem tiles. Since I don't know what every single tile in the palette is (the tree ones for example have various forms depending on what they are in front of), copying from elsewhere on the map is the easiest way for the uneducated observer to fix a simple bug like this.

I also fixed a bunch of the movement permission errors I located including the grass patch at Marfeny Lake and the four square set at Inhore City (which I am guessing was formerly a tree until it was decided to remove it, but the flags not fixed), among others. I'd post the screenshots, but I don't think it will be necessary. I did also fix one set of flags in the Esmereld City Gym that was wrong. There was even a tree set for the player to be able to walk into at Central City while the walkable tile to the right was not walkable.

EDIT: Skyy, just saw your earlier comment before this post. I'm done two, and en route to the third. If I can find the character you speak of along the way (trust me, I talk to EVERYONE and take pictures of EVERYTHING), I'll pass on info. Once I'm done the Red battle I'll be walking along 408 to Seanport.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
I just beat Lucas, the 3rd badge leader and I have no idea what to do next. All I have is HM01. I read somewhere that along the path to seanport, the hiker has an HM or something. I didn't get that or find it. Can someone please tell me what to do next or where to go?
Go to the other connecting route which starts below the Poke center in Seanport go right in the route and you will find the Hiker who gives HM Rock Smash..

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Go to the other connecting route which starts below the Poke center in Seanport go right in the route and you will find the Hiker who gives HM Rock Smash..

Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't see that route.. I been over to that area before.

Would someone be willing to tell me what all HM's I'm suppose to have up to this point? which is right after the 3rd badge leader. I only have rock smash and cut.

Back