• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I'd say Hitmonlee is probably a generally better Pokemon. However, I like Hitmonchan due to Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. I really like when moves are super effective and I think they really make it fun. (:

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
The only reason why I like Hitmonchan is the elemental punches.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I'd say Hitmonlee is probably a generally better Pokemon. However, I like Hitmonchan due to Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. I really like when moves are super effective and I think they really make it fun. (:

Yeah you are right I also like the Element & Different types of Punches Hitmonchan can use. I barely didn't get chance of using Those Punch moves. I only used Thunder punch in my gaming life as of now, Hope get a chance in future.

Hitmonlee. Personally, I think he is stronger because of his attack and speed. If done right, his Hi Jump Kick could be murder!

Yeah in a way maybe your correct. He has his Attack and speed. But maybe somehow Hitmonchan can also beat Hitmonlee both hitmons are well in their own, own way. We can't compare the hitmons though.

I like hitmonchan and prefer it more than hitmonlee.

Well why ? don't you want to tell us more ?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Well why ? don't you want to tell us more ?
There are many reasons, some mentioned above, that hitmonchan learns elemental moves also, whereas hitmonlee mostly learns only fighting type moves. Hitmonchan's defence is more than hitmonlee, and i like defence, it'll stay longer in the battle. More Tm options will be with you if you have hitmonchan.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
There are many reasons, some mentioned above, that hitmonchan learns elemental moves also, whereas hitmonlee mostly learns only fighting type moves. Hitmonchan's defence is more than hitmonlee, and i like defence, it'll stay longer in the battle. More Tm options will be with you if you have hitmonchan.

Yeah thanks for discussing more and i hope that i can teach My one of the hitmon a Elemental Punch move, I prefer Fire Punch, And yeah. TM option show more convenient with the Himonchan.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I also used hitmonlee for its Hi jump kick! But its devastating for user too if the opponent uses Dig or Fly!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
i really like hitmonlee. hitmonchan always makes me think its a girl pokemon

Altair1

Willpower
Years
At first I always picked Hitmonchan for the elemental punches, however when I learnt that Fire, Ice and Thunder Punch where categorized as 'Special' moves, I began to choose Hitmonlee in future playthroughs.
In future Gens though Hitmonchan would prove much more useful with his elemental punches.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Hitmonchan, because I thought punching was cooler than kicking, also I thought he looked cooler (my 7 year old mindset lol)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hitmonlee is inspired by Bruce Lee, yeah?

Hitmonlee til i die
In name only.

Bruce Lee doesn't do Taek Won Do, he does Jeet Kune Do, and Jackie Chan doesn't do boxing either (He knows it but he's not really a boxer like the professionals. Jackie Chan knows a whole variety of martial arts anyway.)...dunno why people keep saying they're inspired by them.

Also Hitmonchan because boxing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> taek won do.

That said none of them particularly represent their fighting styles properly. You can be a very defensive boxer, but also an offensive one, but the one thing all boxers (should) share in common is their speed because footwork is the one most important aspect of boxing. Yet Chan is slow, the hell? And Taek Won Do isn't particularly powerful at all, but it's versatile....from what little I did anyway.

Last edited:
Back