• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There seriously needs to be more bear Pokemon. XD

We just had a bear last generation though! I'm not sure whether they'll include bears two years in a row, and I think they'd rather go with new things than that.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Oh, please, a cute electrik type pokemon that isn't insanely weak or a glass cannon like Pikachu.
Note that I said cute, please no more electrik rat-pikachu wannabee pokemon, I've had enough with Plulse, Minun, Pachirisu and Emolga, give us something new, please!
Oh, and I so like the idea of the phoenix and the killer wale, would be awesome to travel on those instead of a random HM slave.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A killer whale Pokémon would look downright awesome. I'm only disappointed that I didn't think of it before.

blue

gucci
Years
Speaking of Whales I'd like to see a Shark too, not like Sharpedo which is just basically a shark's head but a full Shark like species.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
With a killer whale, for some reason, I'd like there to be more Salamander pokemon~

How about more food-based pokemon? Last gen we had a sundae, will there be more like that?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
On the topic of whales, does anyone else think it'd be sweet if there was a narwhal Pokemon introduced?

Spoiler:

Imagine how awesome a Pokemon based on one of those would be (possible relation to the Wailmer/Wailord family?).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
You know, we never really had a phoenix other than Ho-oh in a couple of gens...it'd be pretty nice if there was at least another legendary phoenix of some sort, and if it's not a legend, maybe a psuedo-legend of some sort? :x
They also had Moltres though. I would love a little phoenix line, maybe the sphinx that someone would mentioned, wolf for sure...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh, idk I'd still find it kind of hilarious to worship a peacock in-game but that's just me.

The Roman's worshiped Juno whose symbol was the Peacock...and this game is set in Europe so maybe they can make a legend based on some of the Greek Gods. The Queen of the Pokegods? On par with Kyurem Black and White?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
We also BADLY need a Wasp Pokemon. Wasps are terrifying. A demonic Wasp pokemon would be awesome.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
We also BADLY need a Wasp Pokemon. Wasps are terrifying. A demonic Wasp pokemon would be awesome.
Beedrill was kind of a Bee+Wasp hybrid. But Beedrill sucked (as much as I love its design). I agree a badass wasp Pokemon would be a fantastic addition.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Beedrill and Vespiquen suck. I have a phobia of wasps but i have no problems with either of them. They just don't appear much Wasp-ish(?) to me. A hornet can work too. Those things eat entire Bee colonies for Lunch !

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If we get a wasp I'll like it to be Bug/Dark with levitate (it'll be weak against most of the bug weakness but it'll cover Dark's weakness against Fighting).

blue

gucci
Years
There needs to be a female equivalent of Kingdra, having a 50% chance of being a female is just illogical. It could be called Queensea ;)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Speaking of hybrids, I guess there might be new hybrid pokemon this time around - sort of like Kyruem? Maybe hybrids can be the new forms of pokemon; like maybe more Rotom Formes, or more Deoxys Formes, or just entirely new forms of the new pokemon.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I think an ACTUAL VAMPIRE bat pokemon would be amazing. Not like Zubat or Gligar, but like a dracula-ish type of bat. Maybe pure dark type or dark/poison? A fire-water type would be cool too. Maybe like a flaming dolphin or something? A puffer fish? A serpent?

Back